Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp Article in USA weekend [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp Article in USA weekend

Weathered
01-19-2003, 01:10 PM
i was looking though it today and there is a small article on scott on the first page...here it is ill type it up......

This is a question from someone.....

Q: Creed vocalist Scott Stapp has the voice of an angel. How does he feel about his success?

A: His attitude is simple: "You take the good with the bad, and the good far outweighs the bad". He loves touring, and he'd like to act, but when he's away he misses his son Jagger, 3, of whom he has sole custody. He copes by keeping close ties to family, focusing on the postive, blocking out the negative (Blink 182 and Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst love taking potshots at the soulful Stapp) and ignoring reviews. If he hadn't grown up to be a rock star, Stapp might have become a pro basketball or baseball player. He grew up in Florida playing both sports.

i would like to know what Blink 182 did to scott anyone know?

hotforscott
01-19-2003, 01:17 PM
what is the date on your magazine. i will have to get that tomorrow. thanks.

hotforscott
01-19-2003, 01:18 PM
i am not sure about blink 182, i wonder what they said.

Weathered
01-19-2003, 01:19 PM
January 17-19, 2003 it came in the sunday newspaper

hotforscott
01-19-2003, 01:20 PM
I was thinking of the usa weekly magazine, duh, i will have to go pick one up. thanks.

Dogstar
01-19-2003, 01:21 PM
I don't know what Blink 182 did to Scott, either. They have no room to talk, IMO. They are not that talented.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-19-2003, 02:07 PM
i have no idea what they talkin about w/ blinky...........

Weathered
01-19-2003, 02:11 PM
they are talented...i just dont think they challenge themselves enough....oh and travis the drummer...is one of the best drummers ive ever heard

Wylde-Tremonti
01-19-2003, 02:12 PM
That is TRUE!

DangerousDan85
01-19-2003, 03:40 PM
I used to like Blink-182, i tired of all their cds sounding the same, so I think they pretty much suck ass

Ann Allusion
01-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Cool article..altho the information that they printed sounds like it could have been taken from other articles that were previously written..and found on the net...it was positive tho...and that is something good to see...;)

peace

http://creedsoup.proboards4.com/index.cgi

creed_affair
01-19-2003, 04:18 PM
http://pub54.ezboard.com/fcreedpit62842frm...cID=24461.topic (http://pub54.ezboard.com/fcreedpit62842frm1.showMessage?topicID=24461.topic)

courtesy of someone from creedpit. I caught the article myself this am. But I see you guys wanted copies. Thought this might save you time.

Enjoy!

JenRN
01-19-2003, 10:16 PM
I saw the article today at work, I agree it looks like it was taken from different articles to put in there. It was nice to see "some" positive articles on them lately. I guess that no matter what Creed does there is ALWAYS going to be someone or some group who will have a problem with them! As far as Limp Bizkit, well........... if they are so great where have they been for the last 2 years? Fred Durst to me has always been a lame punk! And Blink 182 I really don't like modern punk music so I can't form an opinion on them other than that their music to me is just annoying noise!

PaulMcCoygirl
01-20-2003, 02:33 AM
My friend went to go see Blink-182 and she said they sucked and that's her fave band!! She said they can't sing live and they hit all the wrong notes on the guitar.

Chris
01-20-2003, 06:17 AM
Regarding the Blink 182 issue, i read in an Australian music magazine called Juice, that during some concerts the lead singer does an impression of Scott Stapp with Christ poses or some other shit. They also imitate Mark, but I cant remember what they do. Sorry it was such a long time ago I cant remember it all. All i can say is they poke fun at Creed in concert.

JenRN
01-20-2003, 10:42 AM
Hmmm... if they have to immitate him at thier show, that obvioulsy shows some insecurities of them. If they can't rock doing their own thing and find it nessesary to joke about others it just shows they really have no talent and have no originality!!!! I would think it is a jealousy thing, Creed needed NO ONE to get to where they are, these cheap punk bands like them need EVERY ONE to get them where they are because they are so immature and lack the responsibility to make it own their own! That is the problem with all these bands bashing Creed, they all deep down are jealous, they just too much of assholes to realize it!

Weathered
01-20-2003, 11:47 AM
ive never heard anything about that

Sheila63
01-20-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
Hmmm... if they have to immitate him at thier show, that obvioulsy shows some insecurities of them.  If they can't rock doing their own thing and find it nessesary to joke about others it just shows they really have no talent and have no originality!!!!  I would think it is a jealousy thing, Creed needed NO ONE to get to where they are, these cheap punk bands like them need EVERY ONE  to get them where they are because they are so immature and lack the responsibility to make it own their own!    That is the problem with all these bands bashing Creed, they all deep down are jealous, they just too much of assholes to realize it!

I was just going to say the same thing, Jen. I was talking to someone about Creed yesterday and how they get bashed and how I think it's because other groups/musicians are jealous. After seeing their Behind the Music special, I really give Scott, Mark and Flip credit. To me, they earned their success from the bottom up thanks to some people who believed, their loyal fans hard work and their awesome talent. For all those people who said their kind of music was dead and would never sell they're eating they're words by now!!

Sheila63
01-20-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by creedfan63
....  To me, they earned their success from the bottom up thanks to some people who believed, their loyal fans hard work and their awesome talent.  For all those people who said their kind of music was dead and would never sell they're eating they're words by now!!

Oops, sorry about the typo is my message above. I mean to say "thanks to some people who believed in them,..."

JenRN
01-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Weathered
ive never heard anything about that
About what?:confused:

Dogstar
01-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Well, if Blink 182 did do that it shows a lack of maturity on their part. I don't know why people would go to such lengths to make fun of some other artist simply because they don't like the music. It's kind of childish. Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters apparently did some spoof of WAWO. He is a funny guy, but I mean, why bother? It just seems kind of pointless and a waste of time.

faceless kiwi
01-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Dont know how old this thread is now, i havent been on here much lately.
But yeah chris was right about that, i read that blink 182 mock creed all the time at their concerts. Does the stapp jesus pose and laughs.

JenRN
01-20-2003, 08:57 PM
What exactely is a Jesus pose anyways?:confused: Sounds to me like Blink 182 are the idiots I thought they were!

hide_tremonti
01-21-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Chris
Regarding the Blink 182 issue, i read in an Australian music magazine called Juice, that during some concerts the lead singer does an impression of Scott Stapp with Christ poses or some other shit.  They also imitate Mark, but I cant remember what they do.  Sorry it was such a long time ago I cant remember it all.  All i can say is they poke fun at Creed in concert.

Why do they make fun of Creed? Especially when they know that they have little or no talent! One of the guys (I think the guitarist) said that he professionally sucks at guitar! No disrepect to Travis though, he's the only guy in the band who actually knows his instrument.

JenRN
01-21-2003, 09:17 AM
I am familiar with Blink 182 to recognize their terrible noise on the radio, but I don't know of any other tid bits of info on them, I just really don't care for their type of "music". But the bottom line is they obviously have some big insecurities if they find it nessesary to pick on other bands.

creedgirl99
01-21-2003, 12:14 PM
I think all these bands that feel it necessary to make fun of Creed are jealous and insecure. I mean why don't they concentrate on their own music, instead of feeling the need to make fun of others? It's really stupid...but as in the words of Scott Stapp "I THINK THEY SHOOT 'CAUSE THEY WANT IT"!!!:razz:

creedlvr
01-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Another band that consists of a bunch of idiots is Queens of the Stone Age. The bassist ... Nick Oliveri actually made a video of himself saying that he hates Creed and that he hopes they all die! He went on to say that it will not be enough for the band to just break up ... that he wants there to be an actual death and that he hopes it's the "lead singer." (The moron obviously didn't even know his name!)

I saw this taped trash with my own eyes. I came across it when I did a search on Kazaa for Creed stuff. It was entitled, "Nick Oliveri talks about Creed." If I had known what I was downloading, I certainly wouldn't have bothered. It actually made me sick to think that someone could be so incredibly evil with jealousy!

In all fairness though, he also mentioned that he is always arguing with one of the other band members because they like Creed. (I don't know who in the band was the one he was talking about.) So perhaps the WHOLE band shouldn't be condemmed.

Also, Puddle of Mudd (a band promoted by Fred Durst) was supposed to tour with Creed. After it was confirmed, Puddle of Mudd backed out without explanation. Obviously, Durst put a stop to it. I've never actually heard of Puddle of Mudd saying anything bad about Creed. They probably just didn't want to go against Durst since he helped them get their start and he so adamently hates Scott. I do happen to like that band ... (until I hear them say anything derogatory!)

It's incredible what jealousy does to people! If you just don't like someone's music, it easy ... DON'T LISTEN TO IT!!!

Since these bands go so out of their way to express their hatred, they just make fools of themselves and show their insecurities. This should just make Creed laugh to themselves knowing that these bands are so threatened by them!