Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Dsd Video Reviews [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Dsd Video Reviews

Creedture
10-04-2002, 09:13 PM
Ok..I just checked out the video...

Basically, its nothing more than a performance video. I was highly dissapointed, DSD is such an amazing song that they could have done so much with...but they did a simple performance in a church. Dont get me wrong, its an amazing performance...but it doesnt go with the song at all...

If you've seen the video...reply with your opinion of it.

-Nic

Unforgiven Fan
10-04-2002, 10:30 PM
It is the best they have done....it is going back to the basics..it is just KICK ASS!!!!

Mulletman
10-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Unforgiven Fan
It is the best they have done....it is going back to the basics..it is just KICK ASS!!!!

agreed

Creedture
10-05-2002, 10:17 AM
dont get me wrong..im not saying its a bad video...I just think for the kind of song that is, they could have done something besides a performance scene ya know?

TeriB19
10-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah but you have to consider the fact that they are in the middle of a huge world tour. Where would they get the time to do a big production number? While I still haven't seen it, I didn't really expect a lot of bells and whistles because they aren't just lying on the beach with lots of time to just hang around doing nothing. They are doing 5-6 shows a week. We're lucky they got some free time to do the video that they did.

Steve
10-05-2002, 11:07 AM
I don't think their main concern is producing music videos. They've already shown that they don't need music videos to succeed...

The purpose of the music video is to just give something extra to fans. They aren't trying to impress you with the video; they impress you live in concert.

I agree though that for the type of song, the video is weak. They could have done MUCH more with it, but choose to do a simple band playing vid. It's cool, but could have been better.

Unforgiven Fan
10-05-2002, 12:10 PM
they could have done better but they're not a video a band so it is no big deal. Like people they are in a tour schedule and they do not have time for the big production. After WAWO, MS, Bullets, OLB with stapp walking around or doing something is kinda old and I guess after all the big production videos they decided to keep it simple. There is not Stapp hogging the video thing and flip and mark gets some more time in it and mark is the only one the even goes out of the church..I think they relized that Stapp walking by himself is old and they need to show that they are great together..that is my opinon...

Pittock
10-05-2002, 02:16 PM
I enjoyed the DSD video better than Bullets. It was broken up but I liked seeing everybody. The neck injury could have prevented them doing anything extensive too. With touring, Scott may be worn out.

Dogstar
10-05-2002, 02:38 PM
I have yet to see it. My modem connection is too slow, and at work I couldn't install real player because of a firewall, so it wouldn't play. Did they have any crowd shots in it? They mentioned at their concerts that the single would be a live version.

Unforgiven Fan
10-05-2002, 03:24 PM
no crowds..just amy stapp and several other people in a church....

Dogstar
10-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Thanks, Unforgiven

Unforgiven Fan
10-05-2002, 03:45 PM
if you want to see some stills of the videos here is a link:

http://www.creed-fanatic.com/forums/viewto...c.php?topic=853 (http://www.creed-fanatic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=853)

TeriB19
10-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Hey U.F. thanks very much!! That's more of the video than I've seen. Better to see the still pics than to hear the song and see chopped up dark fuzzy images. I hate my computer.:(

Taylor
10-07-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Steve
I don't think their main concern is producing music videos. They've already shown that they don't need music videos to succeed...  

The purpose of the music video is to just give something extra to fans. They aren't trying to impress you with the video; they impress you live in concert.

I agree though that for the type of song, the video is weak. They could have done MUCH more with it, but choose to do a simple band playing vid. It's cool, but could have been better.

I totally agree with Steve, they aren't trying to impress anyone with the videos, they impress us in concert!! But, yes, they COULD have done ALOT with the video, but just didn't

Unforgiven Fan
10-07-2002, 04:38 PM
why put out a video that is going to outtop the single that is for??

it is bad that some bands today are only remembered for the videos they made not the music..I am glad that Creed makes a videos that are good to watch but yet listening to the music is better...

Dogstar
10-07-2002, 04:53 PM
Here, here, Unforgiven. I'm with ya. I'm from the pre-video era and for me, it's way more about the music. I just like seeing them out of curiosity and eye-candy (Scott, Mark :D and Flip's way-cool eyes...sorry). In my day we used to spend hours drooling over album art and liner notes, looking for hidden meanings or signs while listening to the album. Sometimes, I really miss vinyl.

allison
10-07-2002, 05:45 PM
why put out a video that is going to outtop the single that is for??

it is bad that some  bands today are only remembered for the videos they made not the music..I am glad that Creed makes a videos that are good to watch but yet listening to the music is better...

Totally!:rockon:

TeriB19
10-07-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Sometimes, I really miss vinyl. Am I the only one who needed to put a nickel on my record player's needle to prevent skipping?

Dogstar
10-07-2002, 10:34 PM
Dang, I had to use a quarter. My needle was reaaaaaally bad!

TeriB19
10-08-2002, 06:13 AM
Now THAT's BAD! We can't be the only ones who had that problem.;)

Rolo1446
10-10-2002, 11:50 PM
I'm pleased with the fact that Creed went back to basics. I think Stapp was trying to hard with all the symbolic imagery being rammed down our throats. Diversity is VERY GOOD.

I think that Bullets was good. I'm glad they tried it and it is a great video, I think, although it could have used more Flip/Monti shots.

What If I love, just because it's the band members being themselves havin' a rockin' good time. Plus, there's kinda like a mini-story due to the Scream 3 affiliation...but, nonetheless, I love the What If video. Just great. I think they should do more of those.

At the very least, you can't go wrong with a performance video. It does, however, need to incorporate special elements, either a story being told by the images, interpretation of the the lyrics via images, NOT PSEUO SALVADOR SALI SYMBOLISM like in My Sacrifice...which I HATE, with a passion...(of course I can never hate anything CREED, but.. you guys know what I mean...all Creed stuff is good/awesome)....or with good ol' fashioned innovation.

PaulMcCoygirl
10-11-2002, 12:21 AM
I haven't seen it yet so I really can't say anything. I'm still waiting to see it on VH1 or MTV. It looks pretty good to me from the vid stills.

allison
10-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Does any know when it can be seen on VH1? Do they "premier" videos on VH1 like they do on MTV?

Unforgiven Fan
10-11-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Rolo1446
I'm pleased with the fact that Creed went back to basics. I think Stapp was trying to hard with all the symbolic imagery being rammed down our throats. Diversity is VERY GOOD.

I think that Bullets was good. I'm glad they tried it and it is a great video, I think, although it could have used more Flip/Monti shots.

What If I love, just because it's the band members being themselves havin' a rockin' good time. Plus, there's kinda like a mini-story due to the Scream 3 affiliation...but, nonetheless, I love the What If video. Just great. I think they should do more of those.

At the very least, you can't go wrong with a performance video.  It does, however, need to incorporate special elements, either a story being told by the images, interpretation of the the lyrics via images, NOT PSEUO SALVADOR SALI SYMBOLISM like in My Sacrifice...which I HATE, with a passion...(of course I can never hate anything CREED, but.. you guys know what I mean...all Creed stuff is good/awesome)....or with good ol' fashioned innovation.

I agree totally....

they did have children "dancing" outside the church, which reminds us of the artwork from human clay. This is probably the only real imagery beside the sky look like the MOP, WAWO, and OLB sky.

I have not heard anything about MTV or VH1 debuting it, maybe not but with the secess that OLB is having and will fade before the DSD single and video they may debut in a special segment or just add it to their video line up.

tremontiwannabe
10-11-2002, 03:14 PM
i watched it on the comp from getting it from......umm.....sources;)

Unforgiven Fan
10-11-2002, 04:35 PM
I got my own images of DSD video..umm..will post them on my website soon and give the link here....

Unforgiven Fan
10-11-2002, 04:51 PM
here is the link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mfo291/lst?.dir...otos.yahoo.com/ (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mfo291/lst?.dir=/DSD&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/)

this is some. I will try to get more soon. I got one of each band member, amy, and I think Jagger and some others...

luvscott4ever
10-11-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Now THAT's BAD! We can't be the only ones who had that problem.;)

I'm there with ya, feeling your pain!! :( but what was worse, as the technology got better and we had....8 TRACKS!! :lol: Didn't you just hate when it went to the next track...RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A SONG!!! Now that SUCKED!!! :crying:

TeriB19
10-12-2002, 12:18 AM
That used to annoy the hell out of me.

My brother used to have this lemon yellow 8 track player with a plunger type handle on top. When you pushed down (like a dynomite plunger) it would change the track. I used to piss him off all the time by plunging it when his favorite song came on. :D

Dogstar
10-12-2002, 03:02 AM
LMAO....We never had the 8-track thing, but I used to baby sit for a neighbor who had one, and yes, it would just stop and switch to another song before the other one was over. Very annoying. I was glad when that went by the wayside.

TeriB19
10-12-2002, 11:09 AM
So was my brother. :D

luvscott4ever
10-12-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
So was my brother. :D

I'll bet!!!

souldancer
10-13-2002, 02:17 AM
it is bad that some  bands today are only remembered for the videos they made not the music..I am glad that Creed makes a videos that are good to watch but yet listening to the music is better...
Yes I agree with ya UF! I watched and listened, and shed a few tears on my keyboard, as that song always 'gets to me' with that beautiful, hopeful message. In fact, the 'understatement' maybe worked for it. I appreciated the diversity and all that great Creed symbolism that we love them for - moving in to the light!
Here is to peace, joy and dancing in the light!