Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Which Creed song holds special meaning to you? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Which Creed song holds special meaning to you?

HigherGirl
01-13-2003, 02:13 AM
Was curious what people would say..Creed has some serious lyrics, that lots of us can relate to personally in our own lives, which song fits YOU? Mine right now is Whose Got My Back..Cuz right now I'm going through alot of emotional stuff with my parents and my job and am super stressed out, and some days I feel like I can't trust anyone But myself..:confused: How about you guys?

PaulMcCoygirl
01-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Either Inside Us All or Wash Away Those Years.

Kim V.
01-13-2003, 01:55 PM
First, because the first CD I had was Weathered, it was Who's Got My Back, but then I got the other 2 CD's for Christmas, and I'm really into Faceless Man right now! It's so hard to pick, they're ALL great!!

tru2mine
01-13-2003, 02:11 PM
I have to say bullets, because of some things im going through with a couple of what i thought were good friends, and probably my own prison just because things are little rough right now and most of it is my fault.

GeeK_2004
01-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Mine would probably be "weathered" and on the weathered cd whatever the song is called for track 9...that one too!!!

hotforscott
01-13-2003, 04:24 PM
For me, it's "Faceless Man"!

Sheila63
01-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by GeeK_2004
<b>Mine would probably be "weathered" and on the weathered cd whatever the song is called for track 9...that one too!!! </b>

I think the song you're talking about is Hide. I really like that one too, it's definitely one of my favorites. If I had to pick a song or two for how I'm feeling lately, one of them would be Inside Us All. I'm trying to feel that inner peace within myself more while trying to make some changes in my life and I know I feel better when I'm at peace but it's not always easy to feel that way. One other song that I've always loved and is kind of important to me right now is Faceless Man. It's just such an awesome song and reminds me to not forget my spirituality which I know always makes me feel better too.

SJack5802
01-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Right now mine would be "Is This The End" because I just recently had a close friend move away.

DangerousDan85
01-13-2003, 07:00 PM
what's his/her name?

SJack5802
01-13-2003, 07:07 PM
^
l
l
l
l
l
l

Gee I wonder

JenRN
01-13-2003, 10:27 PM
For me it is My Own Prison!!!! It is the first song of Creed's I heard and it blew me away! Like stated in previous posts I literally heard it in the car and drove to the nearest Best But to get the CD, and it was not even out yet!!!! That song hit me like a brick wall, I have been hooked ever since!:) The lyrics to that song got to my soul!

Dogstar
01-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Right now, I'd say Hide fits. Sometimes I let people's expectations of me drive me in directions I don't want to go and I just want to leave it all behind and run in those fields of thyme. What's This Life For also hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I heard it. It drove me to tears. The song that first hooked me, though, was One. I just loved the vibe and the words.

hayley
01-14-2003, 03:00 AM
Creed songs that always seem to fit me are:

One Last Breath
Weathered
Inside Us All
Don't Stop Dancing

They all hold a very special place in my heart...as ALL of creeds songs do.

Siana
01-14-2003, 09:31 AM
for me are:
1.Inside us all
2.Who's got my back
3.One last breath
4.Weathered

Sheila63
01-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
....The song that first hooked me, though, was One. I just loved the vibe and the words.

I really like that song too, Dogstar. I love the way that song makes me feel and I Mark's guitar work on that song is fantastic!!! I was so happy they played that song on NYE!!!

Dogstar
01-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Yes, the guitar work is awesome in One. I love the way it ends, too. Very cool licks at the end. I also love the grooving bass line. That song is just so cool.

Snortmyster
01-14-2003, 01:26 PM
I would have to say my Sacrifice,it came out at the right time for me, and what I was going through at the time, after 16 years of not seeing someone or talking to them , and talking to that person , after that peroid of time wondering about them , if they missed you as much as you missed them or if they still thought about you like you did them, and get ahold of that person and find out that they thought, and felt the same, hookin back up with that person and getting married to the love of my life. That song hit very close to home for me than again I've liked Creed from the beginning most of their songs hit close to home.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-14-2003, 07:50 PM
Lately I've gotta say "Is This The End?" ....cuz my parents are goin through a divorce and i kno this will have to be the end of my relationship with my mom.....i forgive her for what she did...but i don't want to deal with her anymore...and i kno that's mean.....but that's how i feel right now....

Dogstar
01-14-2003, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time, TremontiwanaB. I hope things get better for you soon. Music can be a good friend, and you know you always have your crazy Creed friends here :D.

Wylde-Tremonti
01-14-2003, 09:40 PM
lol....thanx dogstar:D

Dogstar
01-14-2003, 09:45 PM
:) :angel:

Sheila63
01-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
<b>Lately I've gotta say "Is This The End?" ....cuz my parents are goin through a divorce and i kno this will have to be the end of my relationship with my mom.....i forgive her for what she did...but i don't want to deal with her anymore...and i kno that's mean.....but that's how i feel right now.... </b>

I'm sorry you're going through a hard time right now, TremontiWanaB. Like Dogstar said, music can be a great tool to help work through personal things in your life. I know from personal experience that Creed's music this past year has helped me work through some of my own stuff that I've been dealing with. Their music has really touched my life. I'll send some positive thoughts/prayers you're way. Hang in there, Peace.

Marty
01-15-2003, 08:33 PM
For me, its Who's Got My Back, and Is This the End?. Thats at the moment. However, Hide has a special meaning...because its what I'd like to do (listen to the song and you'd understand.) Instead the other two is whats going on. :)
________
Laguna Bay Condominium (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

faceless kiwi
01-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Weathered by a contry mile.
Then probably inside us all

#1creedfan
01-16-2003, 06:24 PM
I have to say that"Dont stop dancing" is a very personal song. My husband lost his mother two years ago and my 8 year nephew is just now starting to realize his grandma isn't here anymore. She and my nephew were very close. He is going through a terrible time right now, and this song really touches my heart when we hear it.
My husband and I are also very close with him. People always think he is our son. We are all trying to give him lots of love and lots of prayers. But it really breaks your heart to see such a young child hurt so much! My husband and I have introduced Creed to him. He loves them. And with each song we try to tell him what they mean!!! And His FAVORITE song is Dont stop dancing! Their words are powerful even to a young 8 year old boy:angel:

JenRN
01-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by #1creedfan
<b>I have to say that"Dont stop dancing" is a very personal song. &nbsp;My husband lost his mother two years ago and my 8 year nephew is just now starting to realize his grandma isn't here anymore. &nbsp;She and my nephew were very close. &nbsp;He is going through a terrible time right now, and this song really touches my heart when we hear it.
My husband and I are also very close with him. &nbsp;People always think he is our son. &nbsp;We are all trying to give him lots of love and lots of prayers. &nbsp;But it really breaks your heart to see such a young child hurt so much! &nbsp;My husband and I have introduced Creed to him. &nbsp;He loves them. &nbsp;And with each song we try to tell him what they mean!!! &nbsp;And His FAVORITE song is Dont stop dancing! &nbsp;Their words are powerful even to a young 8 year old boy:angel: </b>

How nice to hear!:P thanks for sharing your great story!:angel:

PaulMcCoygirl
01-20-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
<b>Lately I've gotta say "Is This The End?" ....cuz my parents are goin through a divorce and i kno this will have to be the end of my relationship with my mom.....i forgive her for what she did...but i don't want to deal with her anymore...and i kno that's mean.....but that's how i feel right now.... </b>

I'm sorry about your parents, Ihope it gets so much better for you. No one deserves that to happen to them.

My song(s) would have to be Wash Away Those Years and Inside Us All because I have gone through so many conflicts having to do with my parents and friends (especially that incident about the guy I used to like). Whenever I hear those songs, it helps me get over the problems I'm dealing with.

souldancer
01-20-2003, 10:26 PM
One Last Breath - reminds me of my husband
Faceless Man - gives me strength in needed times
Inside us All - helps me deal with in-laws
Freedom Fighter - winds me up, makes me want to get out there in the world and work for positive causes!!!!!
and. I could go on and on and on...

TeriB19
01-20-2003, 11:06 PM
With Arms Wide Open - I was pregnant when I first heard that
One Last Breath - Reminds me of a friend who received a heart transplant
Wash Away Those Years - Gives me strength
What If/Bullets - Riles me up when I feel like getting my Irish up
Whose Got My Back - Gives me hope for the future

SCOTTSMYMAN
01-22-2003, 10:33 PM
My Sacrifice came out and I had some really heavy stuff going on. My husband was recovering from leukemia and I was about six months pregnant. We found out he was sick after we had already knew I was pregnant. When he bought me their album it was then One Last Breath. After my daughter was born on Xmas Eve it soon became Lullaby,which I still sing to here now a year later. Husband is in remission and daughter is 13 months old and is Hell on wheels. Thank You Creed!! :bee: :angel:

TeriB19
01-22-2003, 10:35 PM
Great news!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!!

Sheila63
01-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Yes, that is wonderful news. Glad to hear your husband's in remission, SCOTTSMYMAN. Creed's music has gotten me through some tough times too so I know what you mean.

Mr. Prophet Man
01-24-2003, 05:53 PM
for me, it's DSD right now... I'm a senior in high school and I'm struggling just to keep my graduation hopes alive.

Sheila63
01-24-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry to here you going through a hard time right now, Mr. Prophet Man. I know there are times when its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. I'll say a prayer for you.

I had kind of a rough morning myself today so the song that fit my mood today was What If. Specifically - "I feel I've been beaten down by the words of men who have no groounds". A situation this morning mad me angry then kind of depressed but with the help of my best friend, some co-workers and Creed's music I'm feeling better.

I hope you can find some comfort and peace too, Mr. Prophet Man.

Mr. Prophet Man
01-25-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by creedfan63
<b>I'm sorry to here you going through a hard time right now, Mr. Prophet Man. &nbsp;I know there are times when its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. &nbsp;Hang in there. &nbsp;I'll say a prayer for you. &nbsp;

I had kind of a rough morning myself today so the song that fit my mood today was What If. &nbsp;Specifically - "I feel I've been beaten down by the words of men who have no groounds". &nbsp;A situation this morning mad me angry then kind of depressed but with the help of my best friend, some co-workers and Creed's music I'm feeling better. &nbsp;

I hope you can find some comfort and peace too, Mr. Prophet Man. </b>

hey, thanks alot... graduation is important to me because not only my parents' pride is on the line but it also involves a 2 year old promise to my best friend

Sheila63
01-25-2003, 07:21 PM
You're welcome!!:D I have all the confidence in the world that you'll do just great. Just take it a day at a time, do you're best and remember no one is perfect.

benkenobi
01-26-2003, 02:41 PM
"What's This Life For" has a considerable amount of more meaning then it did before. Last year I last a friend to suicide and I really didn't hold WTLF in my heart until that tragedy happened.

Sheila63
01-26-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, benkenobi. That must have been really hard. I had a friend when I was younger who made several attempts but she was able to get help. I've lost touch with her but that song makes me think of her and I wonder how her life is now.

Redeemer
01-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Same thing with me, creedfan! I had a friend that used to cut herself, but she started listening to Christian music and that helped her out. Then I started her in on Creed (she didn't like them before I told her what they did for me) and they help her too! Wow, we have a lot in common on this board! :D
Umm, the song I'd have to pick is (agreeing w/#1creedfan) is DSD. Every time I listen to that song, it reminds me of my little cousin Tina, who has to be my favorite person in the world. She is just so beautiful, inside and out. She's growing up in dysfunction right now with my extended family, but I know she'll find a way out of it--I eventually did, and I'm still healing from that. But anywayz...I just wanted to share. :D

Sheila63
01-30-2003, 05:11 PM
You're right, Redeemer. We do have a lot in common on this board. I think it's great!! Sorry to hear about your cousin and what she's going through. I've been there too and I'm in the process of healing myself. Creed's music has been a wonderful part of that as well and I'm very grateful for their talent.:)

Bridge of Clay
01-30-2003, 06:43 PM
it depends on the mood!

like, I never liked WATY... although there are so many people who really like it...
so this week I gave it another shot when listening to HC...

the part in the end:
well I guess you should close your eyes
and just imagine everything is right
but do not hide your tears
coz they were sent to wash away those years

and the amazing thing is that part is not even on the booklet... am I hearing stuff that he doesn´t sing?

creeder
01-31-2003, 05:06 AM
Well Faceless man, and Weathered gives me a shook in my harth!
But all the songs creed have, has a message!

scottsgal
01-31-2003, 01:19 PM
I can relate to soooo many of creeds songs. Last year i had a 17 year old cousin take her life and a 21 year old cousin die of cancer. The year before my sister almost died and was in a coma for 4 months. At the same time im a single parent trying to raise a now 4 year old little girl.
It was one of the hardest 2 years of my life and alot of his songs helped me cope with that. But one specifically i held close to me was "Dont Stop Dancing".
Bsically I could relate to how he said " Ive been through everything. Im on my knees again. But i know I must go on. Although I Hurt I must be strong............"
One Last breath was a great song for me.
I wont even go into the other albums because there are so many i hold close!
Scott and Mark are amazing w/ their lyrics!!!!!!!!!

TeriB19
01-31-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by scottsgal
<b>
Basically I could relate to how he said " Ive been through everything. Im on my knees again. But i know I must go on. Although I Hurt I must be strong............"
</b> Hey scottsgal, welcome to Creedfeed. Sorry for all that you have been through, but remember the line that comes after the one you quoted: "Because I know MANY feel this way!". You are not alone!! Hope you like it here!!

scottsgal
01-31-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks alot for the welcome.............. im sure i will like it.
its good to be able to relate to people who like creed as much as I do!

Sheila63
01-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>Hey scottsgal, welcome to Creedfeed. Sorry for all that you have been through, but remember the line that comes after the one you quoted: "Because I know MANY feel this way!". You are not alone!! Hope you like it here!! </b>

Welcome to the board, scottsgal. I hope you enjoy it here. It's really a great place to meet fellow Creed fans.

I'm so sorry for the tough time you've had the last few years but I'm with Teri. Although it's hard to remember or feel it sometimes, we aren't alone in our pain. I love that line from DSD.

hotforscott
02-01-2003, 03:44 AM
DSD has so many special meanings to me. It's neat to think of all of the happy things that I think about when I hear a lot of Creed's songs. Each one makes me think about something else that has happened. It's great to look back on memories like that.

Sheila63
02-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by creedfan63
Welcome to the board, scottsgal. &nbsp;I hope you enjoy it here. &nbsp;It's really a great place to meet fellow Creed fans.

I'm so sorry for the tough time you've had the last few years but I'm with Teri. &nbsp;Although it's hard to remember or feel it sometimes, we aren't alone in our pain. &nbsp;I love that line from DSD.

I just realized that the line "Remeber you're not alone" is from Wash Away Those Years not DSD.

TeriB19
02-02-2003, 02:13 PM
DSD = "inside I know that many feel this way."

Xterminator27
02-02-2003, 02:37 PM
WAWO has special meanen to me cuz if it wast 4 it I Woulda never disovered CREED!!

hotforscott
02-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Tell us the story, I love hearing stories.

Redeemer
02-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I've told mine many times, now what's yours?!?!? :D

Sheila63
02-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>DSD = "inside I know that many feel this way." </b>

You're right, Teri. I knew there was a line in DSD like that but I couldn't think of it last night. My brain was fried after a long day yesterday.:eek:

souldancer
02-06-2003, 11:57 PM
OLB - always! Still tugs at my heart. "Sad eyes follow me
But I still believe there’s something left for me"