Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Wind Up [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Wind Up

CollectiveSoul
01-10-2003, 04:10 PM
I hate Wind Up records. They are way to protective and make Creed look like these stuck up guys. They make Creed get over played and over done. In a couple years I hope they make their own label called Blue Collar Records. I think its a good idea becuase Wind Up is just a horrible record company. They look for any and ever y bad thing going on and threaten who ever is doing bad liek to fan sites for posting bad things. The never look at The Constitution.

Skipper
01-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Interesting opinion.

Dogstar
01-10-2003, 09:35 PM
CS, not sure what you're saying there...;).

hotforscott
01-10-2003, 09:43 PM
............I am totally lost here!
Am I missing something?
Are you saying they should go back to being Blue Collar Records?Isn't that their label they put the first 5,000 of My Own Prison out on in Talahasse? Before Wind Up?
Where did you get this info. about Wind Up?

JenRN
01-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
CS, not sure what you're saying there...;).
Whew...... I thought I was loosing it or something!:rolleyes: I am real tired tonight but I was starting to think I was stupid or something!:lol:

TeriB19
01-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Don't look at me, I'm lost as well. I was with him for the first few sentences, but then he totally lost me.:confused:

Mr.CreedFreakTN
01-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Hey wait a minute, where did I medicine go, bring it back Collective Soul my backs killing me, help me please. HEHEHEHE

Dogstar
01-11-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
Hey wait a minute, where did I medicine go, bring it back Collective Soul my backs killing me, help me please. HEHEHEHE

:lol:

hotforscott
01-11-2003, 08:36 AM
LMAO at you guys!

Said Eyes
01-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Lemme get this straight.

You hate Wind Up Records, check.
You think they make Creed look bad, and they make bad decisions? Think they should go do their own thing with Blue Collar?

Then wind up are threatening fan sites even though it's in the constitution to write whatever you want?

I think I got it. Anyway, Creed only have one more record on their current deal with windup. Perhaps a dvd then b-sides cd will release them from it to allow them to do what they want. Or they could be happy with the record company that got them where they are (how many of you had heard of them before they signed to Wind up?). Perhaps they like being the only big act on their record company's band sheet. Perhaps that fact means that Wind Up are always looking to make sure things are all nice for the band, hence their official message after this Chicago show. What have Wind Up done that's bad? Helped them become one of the biggest bands in the world? Well gee, if I were in a band and we got that far I'd be sure to thank my record company not ditch them.

Not sure about the other thing? Was a site you built threatened because you wrote something derogatory against the band? Boo fucking hoo if you did. Maybe they saw it as slander?

Xterminator27
01-11-2003, 01:57 PM
How dose windup make creed overplayed??? The record company has nothen to do wityh that, thats YOUR fault by requesting creed songs.
I liek wind-up i think their doen a great job. And if my crap-ass band ever gets a drummer/bass player and some talent id love to have wind-up as my recod company

hotforscott
01-11-2003, 02:04 PM
I found this browsing through the chat with fans on the Creed site. Thought it said a lot of what Scott thinks about Wind Up.

Why was the My Own Prison record changed from the Blue Collar release to the Wind-up release?
"Blue Collar Records was a label that the band created before they signed with a major record company. We wanted to put My Own Prison out ourselves, but quickly realized that we had neither the funds nor the know-how, nor the man power to put out a record nationally. Signing with Wind-up was the best decision this band ever made, had we not done that, none of you would ever have heard of Creed." --Scott Stapp

#1creedfan
01-11-2003, 09:20 PM
I really don't think that Creed is going to part ways with the only record company that wanted to give them a chance. And also Wind-up, I am sure would not go down with out a fight because Creed was their one and only band!!! Creed was the first band that Wind-up ever signed! I guess it will be interesting! It sounds as though they are very compatible together. In fact on the sleeve of MY OWN PRISON it says thanks to the staff at Wind-up, the little label that could!;)

mommydutson
01-12-2003, 04:03 PM
i think the boys will and should stay with wind-up they came a long way with them and should continue unless something really weird happens so what if creed is their only big name they are putting out great records with them and seem not to be getting screwed over like so many other artists have. if it ain't broke don't fix it:dancing: