Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Album Leak [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Album Leak

nickmiller71
10-18-2009, 10:39 PM
So I have to say that I'm extremely surprised that an album leak hasn't hit the internet yet. Usually it would have happened by now. Thoughts?

-Nick

creediscool17
10-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah im a little shocked... Im guessing by tuesday it will leak... if it doesn't leak by then I will be amazed.... In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it has already leaked and I just haven't found it on the web.

Icedmofo
10-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Watch the release date comes and they do an interview

Mark: Yeah, our contract never actually said we had to create an album.

Brian: We just recorded a bunch of 18 second clips.

Scott: That's why it didn't leak.

Creed: PSYCHE!

Dark_Knight
10-18-2009, 11:08 PM
It'll be this week.

Tremontiriffs77
10-18-2009, 11:35 PM
It'll be this week.
-I hope so...Never seen a non leak like this...In a way Im glad because had it leaked weeks ago it might have really hurt the band..

nickmiller71
10-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Yeah, it will most likely hit the web this week. Creed's gotta be happy though, more album sales for them. Lol

nickmiller71
10-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Speaking of leaks, this video was pretty hilarious, while also quite annoying...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8OA5G_U8BM

creediscool17
10-19-2009, 12:14 AM
their tryin to keep this turd from the masses as long as possible LOL

creediscool17
10-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Speaking of leaks, this video was pretty hilarious, while also quite annoying...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8OA5G_U8BM

yeah that wasn't really funny at all.

skyguy86
10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
you should just leave now

nickmiller71
10-19-2009, 12:57 AM

What a doucher. LOL

creediscool17
10-19-2009, 02:01 AM
you should just leave now

you should get a sense of humor.

nickmiller71
10-19-2009, 02:38 AM
you should get a sense of humor.

I'm sure this person does have a sense of humor, but what were you expecting with that comment? Lol, it's an obvious troll comment, there was no sign of humor at all.

King Oropher
10-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Reading the title, I was worried that the album had been leaked. I don't want it to, I'll be patient and wait. Have been since April.

skyguy86
10-19-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm sure this person does have a sense of humor, but what were you expecting with that comment? Lol, it's an obvious troll comment, there was no sign of humor at all.
haha thank you very much I do have a sense of humor, a very good one in fact. But yeah, creediscool, pretty much all of ur posts are bashing Creed in some way, shape, or form. So my previous comment still stands: you should just leave.

creediscool17
10-19-2009, 10:38 AM
haha thank you very much I do have a sense of humor, a very good one in fact. But yeah, creediscool, pretty much all of ur posts are bashing Creed in some way, shape, or form. So my previous comment still stands: you should just leave.

ah no i have said many positive things about the band, im just not some fanboy who says that they are the greatest band in the world no matter what. i just say what i think

skyguy86
10-19-2009, 10:41 AM
ah no i have said many positive things about the band, im just not some fanboy who says that they are the greatest band in the world no matter what. i just say what i think
w/e i reported you for that "black soccer player" comment in the now locked thread so have fun being banned. idc what you say about the band, but when u attack someone's race, you have crossed the line.

pricey.21
10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I hope he gets banned. Never known someone talk so much rubbish. As for the black soccer player comment... he just made himself look an idiot.

Icedmofo
10-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Deleted.

Agent D
10-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Don't start dragging this junk into other threads. Just let it drop. Obviously, I'm not a mod so I don't have any authority but I'm just throwing out a warning. It's done now. Move on.

Getting back on topic, I don't understand why anyone would be itching for an album leak. That would only hurt the band.

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-19-2009, 01:00 PM
creediscool17 got banned at Abb.net so he is about to make it 2 for 2, awsome job man!!! I bet your parents are proud...

BSC
10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Don't start dragging this junk into other threads. Just let it drop. Obviously, I'm not a mod so I don't have any authority but I'm just throwing out a warning. It's done now. Move on.

I agree, if there is one reasonably-peaceful thread, don't ruin it just because someone you don't like is posting in it. Try to maintain the peace.

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Getting back on topic, I don't understand why anyone would be itching for an album leak. That would only hurt the band.

I am going to support the band and buy a copy, I just want to hear what the songs sound like. I will wait until the 27th if I have too...

Icedmofo
10-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Can anyone confirm that isnt a virus? I always hesitate when someone posts something we want without any history on the forums.

Tremontiriffs77
10-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Got this on a radio station website. A leaked track from the album. Not sure of the name:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
-Can you please keep your spam off of Creedfeed boards please??No need to post links to surveys that log IP addresses..Its illegal...Invades privacy and pisses people off..Do us all a favor and delete your account here...Better yet maybe steve will see this and you can get banned for good...:mad1:

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-19-2009, 02:38 PM
its not a virus, but its fake

Icedmofo
10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Probably some sort of keylogger then.

It's pretty sad when the first thought in your head upon seeing a link like that is "thank god i have an authenticator for my world of warcraft account"

Agent D
10-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I am going to support the band and buy a copy, I just want to hear what the songs sound like. I will wait until the 27th if I have too...

Yeah, if more people thought this way, leaks wouldn't be so damaging.

Dark_Knight
10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Wikipedia says it has leaked but of course that doesn't mean much.

Tremontiriffs77
10-19-2009, 04:07 PM
:eek: Wikipedia says it has leaked but of course that doesn't mean much.
-Saw that to

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-19-2009, 06:01 PM
anyone can post on wikapedia..I am sure it was someone over at ABB.net. About 20 people say they have it...

creediscool17
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
creediscool17 got banned at Abb.net so he is about
to make it 2 for 2, awsome job man!!! I bet your parents are proud...

uhh actually my parents are proud.. why would they be ashamed of me getting banned from a creed forum? lol... once the album comes out im never coming here again anyway, i just wanted to get the news of when the album leaked... why would i wanna stay in this lame forum and talk to a bunch of people about creed? you guys are fucking weird... by the way the black soccor player comment... HILARIOUS.

Steve
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
uhh actually my parents are proud.. why would they be ashamed of me getting banned from a creed forum? lol... once the album comes out im never coming here again anyway, i just wanted to get the news of when the album leaked... why would i wanna stay in this lame forum and talk to a bunch of people about creed? you guys are fucking weird... by the way the black soccor player comment... HILARIOUS.

Well you got your wish then. Goodbye.

nagpo
10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
lol. thanks steve.

rabidgopher04
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM

Hooray! It's about time. :)

Dark_Knight
10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
God bless you Steve lol THANK YOU!

Tremontiriffs77
10-19-2009, 08:45 PM
God bless you Steve lol THANK YOU!
Thank u soooo much for that...One less annoying troll on the boards,,,

nagpo
10-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Thank u soooo much for that...One less annoying troll on the boards,,,
Now for that nagpo guy...lets get rid of him

:D

Steve
10-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Now for that nagpo guy...lets get rid of him

:D

Ok you're gone too...

j/k :D

pricey.21
10-19-2009, 09:32 PM
What a tool! Seriously is he about 10? We're all going to cry because of those comments now... yeah right.
What a racist dickhead.

alitea
10-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Awww man I got excited thinking this thread was saying it did leak:( I cannot wait to hear the new album.

pricey.21
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
I did at first as well. Proper gutted!

Steve
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Just a reminder to everyone - if the album does leak, DO NOT POST IT HERE. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to posting information with regards to downloading commercially available material. Keep it off the public forums. One strike and you're gone.

TheGreatDivide
10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks Steve forgetting rid of him

creve
10-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Good move Steve.

That kid had some serious issues. It was strange because in one or two discussions he/she was putting across one or two fairly good points, and then you would go to the next thread and he was being a prick.

Again thanks Steve. And regarding the album, leak or not, I'm waiting until Monday morning (I assume it'll be out here then, it's funny we often get albums out in America on a Tuesday, on the Monday here) to get both hands on it.

For a long time, I was downloading torrents and listening to the album sometimes months before it's release. I've always been one of those guys who buys something if they like it and delete it if they don't, but I started to notice that there was no excitement in it anymore. Before that I used to buy albums based on one song I'd heard and it was great to buy it whether the rest wasn't as good, or it was even better, because there's a level excitement there that I lost when I started to download them before buying them. Although torrents and such have their uses for the more honest of us, I'm going back to buying first I think. I remember seeing My Sacrifice on Kerrang TV over here (the British here will know) and going out the following day and buying Weathered. Somehow I feel if I'd have downloaded it from somewhere first I wouldn't love it as much as I still do today.

Steve.

revisfoot
10-20-2009, 10:00 PM
There are only two reasons why this album hasn't leaked yet.

One -- Wind-Up has this thing clamped down like a crazy jealous wife on her husband's balls.

Two -- Nobody cares.

nagpo
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM

One -- Wind-Up has this thing clamped down like a crazy jealous wife on her husband's balls.

Two -- Nobody cares.
I think it's a bit of both.

shadyogrady
10-21-2009, 09:07 AM
This is like a soap opera. We can call it "Creed of Our Lives". Banned people will come back to life. Others will continue to live but sleep with other bloggers? What up?

Shady

Chris98GT
10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
I think it's a bit of both.
lol

00iceman
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM

Two -- Nobody cares.

One -- Most likely. And I think I would enjoy having my wife clamp down on my balls.

Two -- Most likely not. Albums leak because it gives the leaker a thrill to see it spread around the web, not because they care what's on it.

BTW, hello - my first day on CreedFeed. Creed is the best band ever, Tremonti rocks \,,/

in reality
10-21-2009, 05:53 PM
yeah, I agree there. The Overcome video on youtube, the fullcircle one, has over 241,000 views. That's not the one with the offcial video, it's just the song playing. Plus the 40 city tour was a success, didn't know how it would go at first. Anyway, it all looks good, I just wish the Rain video would be done.

Bthuff80
10-21-2009, 05:53 PM
I would agree that Windup has this think locked in a safe with 5 security guards in front of it. Windup sucks, and they probably expect this Creed album to attract tons of attention. I personally dont think it will attract that much attention, but Windup, I would think, would expect the opposite.

alitea
10-21-2009, 06:00 PM
One -- Most likely. And I think I would enjoy having my wife clamp down on my balls.

Two -- Most likely not. Albums leak because it gives the leaker a thrill to see it spread around the web, not because they care what's on it.

BTW, hello - my first day on CreedFeed. Creed is the best band ever, Tremonti rocks \,,/

Welcome :) I agree. Every album leaks. It really does not matter if people are begging for it or not.

nickmiller71
10-22-2009, 03:18 PM
It's absolutely insane that this thing still hasn't leaked. I'm actually impressed. Lol.

Tremontiriffs77
10-22-2009, 04:10 PM
It's absolutely insane that this thing still hasn't leaked. I'm actually impressed. Lol.
-Me too
-I really think they have the thing in a safe under Micheal Tremontis house guarded by all the the latest high tech security Windup and the RIAA can muster up
-With that being said I already prepaid for my copy but if it leaks looks like I will get it a few days earlier
:eek:

00iceman
10-22-2009, 04:14 PM
-Me too
-I really think they have the thing in a safe under Micheal Tremontis house guarded by all the the latest high tech security Windup and the RIAA can muster up
-With that being said I already prepaid for my copy but if it leaks looks like I will get it a few days earlier
:eek:

Touché.

revisfoot
10-22-2009, 04:44 PM
it's actually quite impressive that it hasn't leaked. And, honestly, you've gotta give mad props to Wind-Up for keeping it in a vault. There must not have been any promo copies sent out, and if they were, it must have been on a self-destructing disc. I can't wait for Monday so I can pick this thing up and reminisce about being 14 and listening to Human Clay for the first time.

Dark_Knight
10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
it's actually quite impressive that it hasn't leaked. And, honestly, you've gotta give mad props to Wind-Up for keeping it in a vault. There must not have been any promo copies sent out, and if they were, it must have been on a self-destructing disc. I can't wait for Monday so I can pick this thing up and reminisce about being 14 and listening to Human Clay for the first time.
There we're promo cd's sent out to radio but not of the entire album as far as I know... I think it was just a 4 or 5 song sampler.

maccamer
10-22-2009, 05:03 PM

Yes, I am with you there !. I was 17 and remember listening to Human Clay on my bed 2 times in a row thinking this was the best damn thing I have ever bought! I really like the 30 second clips....just sounds like a damn good album like Creed always puts out.:smokin:

CoNC3PT
10-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Listening to whole album now fucking sick!

creve
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Would that be the 'Red Goodbye Creed' or the 'Drowning Pool - Full Circle', that you have?

CoNC3PT
10-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Creed - Full Circle is what im listening 2 right now.....

Bthuff80
10-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Why dont I believe this person?

creve
10-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Because they're not being altogether specific.

However, it also wouldn't surprise me if it has recently leaked.

CoNC3PT
10-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Because they're not being altogether specific.

However, it also wouldn't surprise me if it has recently leaked.

How am i not being specific?

creve
10-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Just to update, it has leaked. A friend of mine has confirmed there are some links that are working. I didn't believe him but he played Bread Of Shame to me over Skype. Which is pretty damn good.

Apologies to CoNC3PT for not believing you.

creve
10-22-2009, 09:42 PM
However, I must add that I'm sticking by what I said...I won't be listening to this album until I have it in my hands.

But it'll be hard, as Bread Of Shame sounded really...good.

CoNC3PT
10-22-2009, 09:46 PM
However, I must add that I'm sticking by what I said...I won't be listening to this album until I have it in my hands.

But it'll be hard, as Bread Of Shame sounded really...good.

yeah man im really impressed can't wait for my walmart copy to show up :)

nickmiller71
10-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Pretty sure it hasn't leaked. If it was, it was already taken down, because it's not anywhere online. Probably a good thing though, can't wait for the retail version!

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Ill im going to say is "full Circle" twitter, Go hurry!!!!

josha31042
10-23-2009, 12:01 AM
It did leak. I promise.

And it will be the best cd of 2009. Can't wait 'til Monday.

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 12:17 AM
God I hope the album does well. Granted, MJ's album will take number one, I still hope it will do well...

Creed009
10-23-2009, 12:18 AM
It did leak. I promise.

And it will be the best cd of 2009. Can't wait 'til Monday.

I hope that it is actually going to be out on Monday. I'll be going to Walmart right after work on Monday to see if they have it.

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-23-2009, 12:26 AM
"full circle" twitter, go hurry!!!!!

Rock Album of the year....

josha31042
10-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Other than Stapp's throat needing to be cleared after the second chorus on Fear......it is the best thing they have done, hands down.
However, I CANNOT FATHOM how Benson let this mix out with that error.
It's not a small difference....it really stands out, but it's still a fantastic song.

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 12:29 AM
I hope that it is actually going to be out on Monday. I'll be going to Walmart right after work on Monday to see if they have it.

I wouldn't go to Wal-Mart, they're ridiculously unreliable, and they never put out the albums on the actual release date, it usually takes a day or two for them to get them out. Go to Best Buy or something that you can actually rely on...

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Mark's Riff in Fear is so Nasty...

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 01:03 AM
I wonder if this album's going to have any hints of Alter Bridge sounds in it...from the clips it sounds like it might.

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-23-2009, 01:09 AM
THe album is a great SOLID rock album, Marks riffs are nasty and its got a southern rock feel to the album...Its got to be the Rock album of the year...

hope_begins
10-23-2009, 01:17 AM
All i have to say I WOW!!!!

This album is gonna save my life :)

nagpo
10-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Well.:|

I'll be waiting until the 27'th. I will be buying the album from itunes. I wan't "Silent Teacher".

Imagine my surprise loging on and finding out it had leaked.

nagpo
10-23-2009, 01:31 AM

Hold the phones here!!!!

Maybe you need to see a psychiatrist or something.

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 01:37 AM

Maybe you mean it's going to *make* your life...lol. ;)

hope_begins
10-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Lol i already have one :)

Im a single father of a boy and girl and the music on full circle have great meaning to me..

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Lol i already have one :)

Im a single father of a boy and girl and the music on full circle have great meaning to me..

Oh, I'm sorry, that may have come off wrong...I never meant that you didn't have a life, I was trying to clarify that the album is going to really add to your life, not save it...lol. Sorry for the confusion. I'll probably feel the same way about the album. :)

nagpo
10-23-2009, 01:46 AM
I thought he was suicidal lol

hope_begins
10-23-2009, 02:01 AM
No worries at all... This album is gonna inspire many and has a very positive vibe to it...

Goodnight to all

Better tomorrows are ahead :)

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 02:16 AM
So I feel like Mark should release a solo album with himself singing on it as well as obviously playing...any thoughts?

rebsgirl
10-23-2009, 02:18 AM
He does have a great voice. I'd like to hear more of it

Unforgiven Fan
10-23-2009, 02:39 AM
The album has leaked and I have heard some of the tracks and there is the traditional creed big guitar sound but it is not what you expected. It is heavier by far (but the production seems to lessen it to some point) and the sound overall is not the creed we expect.

I have not heard any real hints of alter bridge in songs yet (that is all I will say because I am tired of that debate.)

Stapp seems to rely on screaming a lot more in the songs but that is to be expected because of his voice issue but it does get annoying sometimes.

Fear and bread of shame are quite heavy for creed. Okay overall, does not excite me at all right now but I have only listened to it once.

A thousand faces right for me sounds far far better live than the way it sounds on the record but it is still good.

Time is okay but does nothing for me right now. Big Creed guitar with a different acustic guitar sound.

I am not too happy about the production sound that they went for on this album right now but I might like it at somepoint.

overall right now is a lot of new sounds mix with some old, seems to be a decent record but not the rock record of the year material as of right now. Still need to listen to it more.

I

derko
10-23-2009, 03:01 AM
"full circle" is by far the best song on the record.

on my sleeve, good fight and a thousand faces have some good elements.

but all in all, i'm not satisfied with the album. it sounds pointless compared to the first 3 records.

my rating 3.8 of 10 stars.

josha31042
10-23-2009, 03:03 AM
....are you serious?

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 03:24 AM
"full circle" is by far the best song on the record.

on my sleeve, good fight and a thousand faces have some good elements.

but all in all, i'm not satisfied with the album. it sounds pointless compared to the first 3 records.

my rating 3.8 of 10 stars.

Are you insane? I was about to bring up the topic of weather or not this album could grant a Grammy nomination, which i still think it should. It is their best record so far, and the best rock album of 2009. Hands down. Sorry buddy, I give it a 9/10

derko
10-23-2009, 05:32 AM
Are you insane? I was about to bring up the topic of weather or not this album could grant a Grammy nomination, which i still think it should. It is their best record so far, and the best rock album of 2009. Hands down. Sorry buddy, I give it a 9/10

dude, i heard the same things on mygnr.com (the biggest guns n' roses forum) when axl released 'chinese democracy'. the album sucked monkey ass, it was horrible, overproduced stuff. worldwide they sold 5 million copies and got no grammy nomination.
i just can repeat my written words. creed should put their whole promotion money in a cool video for 'full circle'. the song itself is one of the best rock songs in 2009, i agree. but the album is sub-average compared to their previous ones.

but ya know, it's only my personal opinion...i just think they won't sell more than 2mio copies worldwide with this album. this is not important for me, but it reflects an album's quality sometimes.

nagpo
10-23-2009, 06:19 AM
The album has leaked and I have heard some of the tracks and there is the traditional creed big guitar sound but it is not what you expected. It is heavier by far (but the production seems to lessen it to some point) and the sound overall is not the creed we expect.

I have not heard any real hints of alter bridge in songs yet (that is all I will say because I am tired of that debate.)

Stapp seems to rely on screaming a lot more in the songs but that is to be expected because of his voice issue but it does get annoying sometimes.

Fear and bread of shame are quite heavy for creed. Okay overall, does not excite me at all right now but I have only listened to it once.

A thousand faces right for me sounds far far better live than the way it sounds on the record but it is still good.

Time is okay but does nothing for me right now. Big Creed guitar with a different acustic guitar sound.

I am not too happy about the production sound that they went for on this album right now but I might like it at somepoint.

overall right now is a lot of new sounds mix with some old, seems to be a decent record but not the rock record of the year material as of right now. Still need to listen to it more.

I
wtf.

nagpo
10-23-2009, 06:22 AM
dude, i heard the same things on mygnr.com (the biggest guns n' roses forum) when axl released 'chinese democracy'. the album sucked monkey ass, it was horrible, overproduced stuff. worldwide they sold 5 million copies and got no grammy nomination.
i just can repeat my written words. creed should put their whole promotion money in a cool video for 'full circle'. the song itself is one of the best rock songs in 2009, i agree. but the album is sub-average compared to their previous ones.

but ya know, it's only my personal opinion...i just think they won't sell more than 2mio copies worldwide with this album. this is not important for me, but it reflects an album's quality sometimes.
If scott stapp can sell 1 million albums just with his single solo album i'm pretty sure this will top 2 mil.

And with the people saying its not the best album and whatever, I'll get to you when the album is actually released.

creve
10-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Must...

...retain...

...vow...

...of...

...waiting...

...for...

...release...

...day...

You guys aren't helping. :D

Steve.

00iceman
10-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Leak confirmed.

shunammite
10-23-2009, 10:18 AM
*is waiting for release to hear it because she is not smart enough to download the leaked version*

Although I would certainly buy it and the dvd in any case.

I would just like to point out this is how it ALWAYS is - the most recent album always "sucks" compared to the previous ones.

When Human Clay came out, it was sorry in comparison to MOP. When Weathered came out, it was considered inferior to the previous albums. And NO DOUBT the new album will be considered "not as good" as the previous ones. I hope they don't listen to us too much and just go ahead and put out what is in their hearts and minds.

I'm a big Metallica fan - when St. Anger came out, I had no choice, I HAD TO LISTEN TO IT, because it's METALLICA. It was hard on my ears at first - but I came to really really LOVE IT - unlike most of their fans - when an artist you love puts something out there, you've got to trust that it's from the heart and receive it that way. (I am ashamed to say I have not really gotten to know Death Magnetic however - at a different place in life - what I have heard sounds good but "not as good" as what I already know - we like what we know, it's easier to understand and appreciate - something very different is hard to accept at first.)

I'm sure I will have to hear the new cd many times before I can really appreciate it - but I'll do it - too long without any new Creed - and reminded since their reunion just how wonderful all the old stuff was - I did not listen to them any more after they split, took it personally, not sure why but I did.

Unforgiven Fan
10-23-2009, 10:29 AM
wtf.

right now means my intential impressions. Kinda hoping the songs would grow on me but that has not happened yet.

It is not the best rock record out there. AIC's new is far better than this in my opinon. Which does not make me happy because I have been a fan of Creed since 1998 and was hoping they the would put out a good record, It is in a way when you are just thinking about what Mark, Brain, and Flip are doing on the record but that is it. Like I said I am hoping the record will grow on me.

Chris98GT
10-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Go figure, the thing leaks when I'm busy.

Thoughts so far....

- I don't know what to make of Bread of Shame... goofy title, goofy song, yet I want to like it.
- A Thousand Faces is classic Creed. Tremonti singing = awesome.
- Great riffage in Fear

More later.

Chris98GT
10-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm a big Metallica fan - when St. Anger came out, I had no choice, I HAD TO LISTEN TO IT, because it's METALLICA. It was hard on my ears at first - but I came to really really LOVE IT - unlike most of their fans - when an artist you love puts something out there, you've got to trust that it's from the heart and receive it that way. (I am ashamed to say I have not really gotten to know Death Magnetic however - at a different place in life - what I have heard sounds good but "not as good" as what I already know - we like what we know, it's easier to understand and appreciate - something very different is hard to accept at first.)
Not to derail the thread here but dude, Death Magnetic is the best record they've put out since the epic Black Album. St. Anger is garbage in comparison. Get to know that shit!

00iceman
10-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Here's a full, honest review for all of you genuine Creed fans:

(Moved my review to the The Official Full Circle Reviews Thread.)

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Its a great album. I gave it 8/10 for some of the vocals just sound over produced. I was a little disappointed in the Solos on the record, to me it sounds like Tremonti ran out of ideas for this record and nothing like the solos on Blackbird. Overall I Love the CD so far, Still can't wait to pick it up next week and Jam it on the Stereo at the house and in the Car.

PJAmerica
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Leak confirmed.

Just confirmed myself. Not too impressed but will take some time to have a final review on it. Can't wait to get my CD of it though.

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm pissed that this new Michael Jackson album is coming out this week too...

pricey.21
10-23-2009, 12:57 PM
I need this album.
NOW! lol

00iceman
10-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Its a great album. I gave it 8/10 for some of the vocals just sound over produced. I was a little disappointed in the Solos on the record, to me it sounds like Tremonti ran out of ideas for this record and nothing like the solos on Blackbird. Overall I Love the CD so far, Still can't wait to pick it up next week and Jam it on the Stereo at the house and in the Car.

I will agree that more Tremonti solos is always a good thing. But my thought is that that is probably why he created Alter Bridge. Creed is more of an all-around band for him - in my opinion there is a happy balance between Tremonti's guitar and Stapp's vocals, especially on this album. I will definitely continue to follow Alter Bridge for the Tremonti factor.

WHATSTHISLIFE4
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

00iceman
10-23-2009, 01:14 PM
I just have to say, props to Wind Up for being able to keep this locked down for so long. Truly impressive.

pricey.21
10-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks WHATSTHISLIFE4!

WHATSTHISLIFE4
10-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey man I would take this down before Steve Sees it, You will get banned man..I know it sucks!!!

From my understanding, posts from youtube are allowed. Correct me if I am wrong.

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-23-2009, 02:04 PM
From my understanding, posts from youtube are allowed. Correct me if I am wrong.

wrong!!!! lol..no links to copyrighted music from Wind-up if its unreleased...trust me man if you like this board, take it down...

00iceman
10-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey man I would take this down before Steve Sees it, You will get banned man..I know it sucks!!!

Getting banned would suck.

XALTERBRIDGEX
10-23-2009, 02:20 PM
ya but I did not post a link lol..I mean you can say go to youtube and type the songs in but you can't link it...

00iceman
10-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Understood. :cool:

alitea
10-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Well I cannot find it. Just 2 more days.

RangerJim
10-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Well...this record is one melodic piece of work(thanks to Mark) with absolutely superb drumming from Flip, excellent Bass work from Bryan and Scott's vocals are so invigorating yet refreshing. 9/10 because of the 2 "filler" songs. (On My Sleeve and Away In Silence)

00iceman
10-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Away In Silence is definitely not a filler. Quoted from Creed's MySpace page:

"Songs like 'Away in Silence,' written by Stapp to his wife to mark the day back in November, 2006, when she almost walked out on him, an event Scott claims was the turning point in changing his life."

RangerJim
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Away In Silence is definitely not a filler. Quoted from Creed's MySpace page:

"Songs like 'Away in Silence,' written by Stapp to his wife to mark the day back in November, 2006, when she almost walked out on him, an event Scott claims was the turning point in changing his life."

Well that doesn't really prove anything. I don't believe in "filler" tracks hence why I put quotation marks, but the general population indeed does believe in "filler" tracks. Every song a band puts on their record is special in some way or other but "Away In Silence", although it has superb acoustics I just don't like the general feeling of the song even if it's an important subject for Stapp. I like the intro and verses on "On My Sleeve" but the chorus feels a bit too generic but that's just me.

King Oropher
10-23-2009, 06:52 PM
And with the people saying its not the best album and whatever, I'll get to you when the album is actually released.
Go Nags :D

Some people are a bit harsh with the reviews but oh well. Remember there are other songs that haven't been released.

I'm seeing a lot of people on these boards that I haven't seen before, it's great.

nickmiller71
10-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Well...this record is one melodic piece of work(thanks to Mark) with absolutely superb drumming from Flip, excellent Bass work from Bryan and Scott's vocals are so invigorating yet refreshing. 9/10 because of the 2 "filler" songs. (On My Sleeve and Away In Silence)

"Away in Silence" may actually be my favorite song on the record. I don't think there are ever any "filler" songs on a record that's put out. Remember, if the song ended up on the record, there was a reason it was put on it. Every song adds to the overall listening experience, and opinions are completely subjective.

-Nick

RangerJim
10-23-2009, 10:11 PM
"Away in Silence" may actually be my favorite song on the record. I don't think there are ever any "filler" songs on a record that's put out. Remember, if the song ended up on the record, there was a reason it was put on it. Every song adds to the overall listening experience, and opinions are completely subjective.

-Nick

Well if you read a bit further back after I wrote that I explained basically what you just told me to another user.

BSC
10-24-2009, 05:01 AM
I really want to listen to this, but I want the actual CD in my hands before I do!

I've got to wait until the 2nd of November though! AAAH!

revisfoot
10-24-2009, 11:00 AM
The album is really good. There are some songs on here that are even heavier than Alter Bridge's "heavy" stuff (Metalingus, Ties That Bind, etc). Away In Silence is probably one of my favorites. It's a totally different subject matter for Creed, but they pull it off nicely. I give this album an 8 out of 10.

Tremontiriffs77
10-24-2009, 11:47 AM
There is no reason THAT those who were sharing this didnt keep it in the forums and went out and posted it on all the torrent trackers..Its so stupid..I can understand wanting to hear the band before the release but why do that?its stupid and hurts the band..As I have said before I really dont have any issues with filesharing but it has to be done with some respect..I had no issue with it going public after its release but it seems like to me whoever uploaded it must have been an AB fan trying to hurt Creed or just plain retarded when you claim you love the band..I think the Labels and RIAA are crooks but I didnt want to see the guys get hurt..That is why I urge all those whoare on these forums and have either shared or made the dumb mistake of uploading it to go out and show your support for this band regardless of whether you liked the album or not..They put alot of workin into it and just because its not Myles, AB or whoever that is a bs excuse not to pony up the cash and support this great baND..

in reality
10-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I found the full version of On My Sleeve on youtube, they even have the songs on there! I was going to listen to the 30 second clip. I must say I love this song, it's just awesome. I knew it would be this good. :)

TheGreatDivide
10-24-2009, 02:16 PM
To me any real fan would want to wait for the cd to come out instead of take the cheap way out and going for the leak. If your such a big fan, would it be more special to actually ahve the cd in your hands and then listen? It takes away from the comeback.

Trinity
10-24-2009, 02:18 PM
To me any real fan would want to wait for the cd to come out instead of take the cheap way out and going for the leak. If your such a big fan, would it be more special to actually ahve the cd in your hands and then listen? It takes away from the comeback.

Yep... I'm waiting till I have the cd in my hands before I listen to it.

rabidgopher04
10-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I see the songs are all over YouTube, but I am restraining myself. I remember buying Human Clay the day it came out (September 28, 1999), bringing it home, and listening to it for the first time. Having not heard any song in advance (except for Higher on the radio) it was absolutely awesome to get blown away.

I thought What If was going to be another wussy song when I heard the intro and then BAM! it cuts right into the main riff.

I'm not expecting the same reaction for this album (for no particular reason), but I want to have that same experience where I bring home the disc and listen to it start to finish for the first time.

I think listening to the leak spoils the fun and the mystery.

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday!

Chris98GT
10-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Not everyone needs to stare at CD artwork to enjoy the music.

Besides, many of us have it pre-ordered. We're not hurting anyone.

in reality
10-24-2009, 03:43 PM
yeah, Chris, I agree with you. I wasn't even going to youtube for the full version. I certainly was susprised to see it! It probably will be taken down, but I just had to hear this song! I pre-ordered the cd from Amazon too. They have more songs on that channel, but I will just be listening for On My Sleeve. Can't get enough of that song. The rest I'll get from the cd.

00iceman
10-25-2009, 01:02 AM

I'm a huge fan. To me, a real fan pre-orders the album 2 weeks ago, and then gets a huge thrill out of hearing their favorite band's album before anyone else. It adds to the comeback for me. I agree with Chris, no one is getting hurt, most importantly the band is not being hurt. I will always support Creed by buying their albums.

BSC
10-25-2009, 04:28 AM
Yep... I'm waiting till I have the cd in my hands before I listen to it.

Same here, even though the 8 day wait is killing me...

I'm not going to get into whole illegal/sampling/true fan arguement though..