Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Let Windup Have it!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Let Windup Have it!!

Tremontiriffs77
08-05-2009, 12:47 PM
This whole thing is rediculous..I can understand wanting to protect the album from filesharing but they must all know it is a heck of a way of promoting and advertising as well..I say they should release it on radio at the same time sell the single on itunes...The guy over at ABB isnt going to post anything..I actually think he is just teasing everyone...ughhhh....guess its another Wind up cash grab...These guys are the lowest...I really hope creed leaves them after this...They could have been promoted so much better and the whole reunion and tour could have been executed properly....If they were smart they would give fans the opportunity to buy the single prior to release and be the first to hear it...but no...Windup cant even offer a sliver of the song..what a bunch of money grubbing assholes...Sorry Im the biggest Creed fan but I think the way Wind up pisses on the hardcore fans and pushes shit to the masses is sickening and honestly that is why I loved Alter Bridge sooo much...none of the bullshit of corperate america swaying their decisions...They must realize in an Era of filesharing nothing can be protected so they should embrace it and use it as a tool..peace

Dark_Knight
08-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Couldn't agree more.

tplier
08-05-2009, 02:11 PM
I agree whole heartedly…. Why tease an album months ago and then begin a tour without a single bar of new music?

What an awful job of promotion.

ABYanks
08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
yeah!

Dark_Knight
08-05-2009, 02:20 PM
I've said this many times, WU deserves to go bankrupt & the guys deserve a more professional record label.

BSC
08-05-2009, 02:20 PM
As much as I agree...

Atleast we'll be able to hear some new stuff on Thursday/Friday... Stapp said that they are playing some new stuff..

Promotion is awful.. but we still get our new music...

Dark_Knight
08-05-2009, 02:33 PM
^True but that still doesn't help the fact that ticket sales are poor because of this...Creed deserve to be playing sold out shows for this Reunion Tour instead of half filled arenas and trust me there are going to be shows with lousy crowds.

Tremontiriffs77
08-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Personally you would have figured after ticket sales slumped Windup would have done some inventive things to boost sales...Im sorry while its great to see the guys together after so long their television appearence on Fox was a joke and poorly planned..I mean if your trying to push music on middle america go for MTV...not Fox and Friends...Noone on the show had a clue who they were...and got little respect from Fox by cutting away every time they played a song...Most people bought tickets figuring to hear new music and now were down to a single and maybe three or four songs before the album hits...I hope it gets leaked...to fuck windup and to promote Creed online the way they should have been by Wind Up...Fuck you Wind Up...Your day will come..peace

TheGreatDivide
08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Just e-mailed Wind-up... hopefully i get a response.

Tremontiriffs77
08-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Its funny that the only ones who really bitch about file sharing are corperations like Wind Up...Everyone chastises filesharers but the truth is that sticking it to the man is great and Creed has never seen a dollar of the cd sales...Everyone knows that Bands make their money from touring and Wind ups piss poor promotion is only going to hurt Tremonti and company...Thats why Wind Up could care less..They get their money right from the records...I said it once and I'll say it again...Fuck You Windup!!!
Creed and their fans deserve better!!

Dark_Knight
08-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Just e-mailed Wind-up... hopefully i get a response.
I highly doubt you'll get a response, which is sad.

Tremontiriffs77
08-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Re: Let Windup Have it!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) Just e-mailed Wind-up... hopefully i get a response. I highly doubt you'll get a response, which is sad.

f-u-c-k-w-i-n-d-u-p-r-e-c-o-r-d-s

They dont know what an email is

nagpo
08-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Agreed. We need to do something.

Dark_Knight
08-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Someone emailed a program director at The Drive (100.5) over at PBF...here's what they said.

"I emailed the program director at 100.5 The Drive about the single and if he's heard when they are supposed to get it...this is what he said..."

Hi Justin, according to their record label, the first song will be released on 8/19 at 12:01am and a second song release a few weeks after.

Joe

Joe Bonacci
Program Director
100.5 the Drive - WDVI

skyguy86
08-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Fuck you too Lex Music you corperate Cronie...Nice to know your getting paid big bucks as a fan laison/PR job...Truth is Creed and their fans deserve better!!
hey dont bash lex. he was hired by the band themselves, not the record company. Michael Tremonti over at ABB confirmed that a while ago.

Dark_Knight
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah I wouldn't bash LM...he can only give us news when WU says so & he's most likely a personal friend of the guys, so put the full blame on WU.

XALTERBRIDGEX
08-05-2009, 07:30 PM
tremontiriffs77 we see your point, I am just as upset as you but your letting it take over your life..take a deep breathe and relax bro!

Tremontiriffs77
08-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Okay maybe I was a little harsh on Lex but its frustrating dealing with a bunch of corperate bs..How come Alter Bridge could release a song and Marks brother would give his undivided attention to keeping their fans in the loop...Sorry but there is none of that stature here..Its really sad when ABB.net has more info on creed than we do here...August 19th??What the fuck man??I have tickets the 20th...I have to wait till the day before the show to hear one lousy song...Wait you know what..Fuck Wind Up..

skyguy86
08-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I agree, Wind Up is horrible. Creed needs to jump ships the first chance they get.

Dark_Knight
08-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I agree, Wind Up is horrible. Creed needs to jump ships the first chance they get.
We can only hope and pray. If only they we're with RoadRunner...

XALTERBRIDGEX
08-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey lets not forget that Creed wasnt originally going to release an album. i am no means sticking up for the record company but I think they are trying to get out the music on such short notice, if anything its the bands fault for trying to start an album after they set tour dates...

skyguy86
08-05-2009, 09:43 PM
it wasnt their intention but it evolved into that. they didnt go in saying "no record". but after time progressed they eventually just said lets make an album

TrulyAmazing
08-05-2009, 11:04 PM
it wasnt their intention but it evolved into that. they didnt go in saying "no record". but after time progressed they eventually just said lets make an album
And Lets Not Forget CREED Got Wind Up A Big Part Of It So There Should Be A Respectfull Relationship Just Because and should be tickled pink that this reunion and album is because of their label

BSC
08-06-2009, 04:43 AM
I wonder if Creed realise that Wind Up are screwing them over...

I'd hate to be Creed atm... Their first reunion gig is tonight, and majority of the crowd got free tickets.. Then on all the other dates having a crap crowd.

Creed are going to be awesome, they sound better than ever in the AOL sessions..

WHATSTHISLIFE4
08-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm getting tired of people putting the blame on Wind Up. I think we need to take a step back and look at how everything started. It started with just a tour. That's all it was suppose to be. Its was suppose to be Creed reuniting, to do a reunion tour and performing all of their classics hits. They then booked all the tour dates and in the mist of all of this Creed decides they want to write a new record. But now it's too late because they already had the tour booked. Typically, you make a record then you go on tour. So again, you have a tour but no new music. For the tour, the timeing was just off, the decision whether or not if their going to write a new record was off. So therefore you have a fall release date in the tenth month after the tour is over with.

Chris98GT
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM
New album or not...
Bad promotion or not...

Creed is getting back together to do some shows. If you would have told me this five years ago, I would have hurt my abs from laughing so hard.

Just enjoy it. They are probably done for good after this.

Dark_Knight
08-06-2009, 04:22 PM
They are probably done for good after this.
Wrong.

Chris98GT
08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Wrong.

What else is your crystal ball telling you?

Got any lotto numbers for this week?

Dark_Knight
08-06-2009, 05:01 PM
What else is your crystal ball telling you?

Got any lotto numbers for this week?
lol Well Creed is back, I don't see why you can't see that. They've said it many times this isn't just a one shot reunion.

Chris98GT
08-06-2009, 05:11 PM
They've said it many times this isn't just a one shot reunion.
They also said, many times, that it would be a cold day in hell before they got back together.

Tremontiriffs77
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm getting tired of people putting the blame on Wind Up. I think we need to take a step back and look at how everything started. It started with just a tour. That's all it was suppose to be. Its was suppose to be Creed reuniting, to do a reunion tour and performing all of their classics hits. They then booked all the tour dates and in the mist of all of this Creed decides they want to write a new record. But now it's too late because they already had the tour booked. Typically, you make a record then you go on tour. So again, you have a tour but no new music. For the tour, the timeing was just off, the decision whether or not if their going to write a new record was off. So therefore you have a fall release date in the tenth month after the tour is over with.
-Okay you have a right to your opinion..You have valid points...No question...At the same time we have a label that drove a wedge between the band with the pressure to commericialize and capitalize on any attempt to make money...This along with various factions within Windup forced Creed to "SellOut" to suck every last dime out...I am a huge Creed fan but 10 years ago after "Human Clay", it was very obvious how Wind Up was distorting Creeds image and sound to make a buck...In my opinion Wind Up hasnt changed at all and they realize this is their last chance to make a buck off of the guys...

XALTERBRIDGEX
08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
I think once the new single blows all our speakers, I think everyone will shut up about windup!

skyguy86
08-06-2009, 10:16 PM
no they wont cuz people are pissed wind up hasnt released the damn single yet.

BSC
08-07-2009, 04:45 AM
I think once the new single blows all our speakers, I think everyone will shut up about windup!

I agree... Now i've heard Creed play new music, old music live again, I don't care. I just want this album in my hands...