Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Trying to return to normal life... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Trying to return to normal life...

Kim V.
01-07-2003, 04:18 PM
It's been a week since NYE concert and there's that letdown feeling now, after such an incredible concert high for a few days after the show! It's been really hard trying to get back into life as usual - is this normal? Will I ever recover (LOL) ? I feel like all I ever want to do is listen to Creed CD's, watch my videos of Alcatraz and the Billboard Music Award performance. How will I ever last until I can see them live again?? Well, I guess I'll go listen to another Creed CD.... man, I've got it bad, LOL.......:rolleyes:

creedfan2334
01-07-2003, 04:25 PM
i knowwhat will bring you back down to normal...

go look at pictures from the Chicago show

Sheila63
01-07-2003, 04:28 PM
I know, Kim V. I feel the same way!! I can't believe it's been a week since the concert already!!! I'm anxious for the concert DVD to come out and relive some of those concert memories although I've been watching my Alcatraz tape too!! Due to lack of sleep after the show last week and doing extra time at work late last week, I've caught a nasty cold but I'm not complaining. It was totally worth it and I can't wait for the next concert!!!

ronda
01-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Kim,
Glad you had such a great experience at the concert. I went to the show in Chicago and well,,, I dont need to revisit that road.
I had saw them in Chicago earlier and the show was incredible. I had the great feelings. I think that I had put too much weight on the people in the band, conected it too closely with the words and meanings of the songs.
It is just today that I am able to listen to the CD without being saddened.
Good luck with coming off your high.
I am glad I went to the Chicago show, it helped me see the band as people. People without super human powers and without giving them more meaning than they are due. Enjoy the music , but be careful not to become an obcessed fan. lol lol To be truthful I was at one time. Now just a fan of the music. the members of the band are well,,, just they are just people.. ;)

ronda
01-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Creed fan 2334 ,,,,, You are right. there.. seeing the pic's of Chicago will bring her down. But why rain on the parade??? LOL LOL

JenRN
01-07-2003, 04:54 PM
It took me a LONG time to come off my Creed concert high this past year, 4 times I went, and everytime was more intense for me.:rolleyes:

hotforscott
01-07-2003, 06:47 PM
The concert high is great. I remember after the 9-22 show here in town, there were people just standing at their cars just screaming with excitement. It was totally awesome. I love that feeling.

TeriB19
01-07-2003, 08:46 PM
After the NYE show I was just numb. Dogstar and I just stood at my car drinking some water and marveling at what we had just been witness to. It was just the most amazing experience, and now, a week later, I am still on a Creed High. I don't want to come down, ever.

Dogstar
01-08-2003, 03:06 AM
The highs always last for quite a while for me. It was two weeks after the first time that I saw them that I finally came down, LOL. It's been a week, and I'm still reliving moments from the show and listening to all my CDs every day. WAWO is making me cry every time I hear it now, after seeing the emotion pour out of Scott while he tried to sing that song through tears. I have to say that I was physically and emotionally exhausted after the New Year's Eve show. I don't want to come down, either. I'm wearing my Creed t-shirt today, too :).

Sheila63
01-08-2003, 01:39 PM
I know what you mean, Dogstar. Whenever I listen to WAWO now, I'm right there at the NYE show watching him show all that emotion. It was a very powerful, moving thing to see and experience. He shared more of himself that night than I've ever seen any other singer/musician share at any other concert I've been to.

ronda
01-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Yep, I was like that my first Creed show too. After listening to the CD"s for months I finally got to see them in person last Febuary. Then again in Chicago the 29th. The show can be a very moving experience.
You people are putting yourselves into the music and the band way too much. They are people not some magical band that gives you feelings. I saw ole Scott all screwed up and realize that he is just a guy. THe <<<SHOW>>>>> he puts on is a <<show>>. Like actors on TV . He is paid to perform , it sells cd's and that makes him<<<<< MONEY>>>>>>
I used to believe he was all about this deep spiritual meaning, but after the show in Chicago , eyes wide open now. It is not for fans, it is for money people. If you were in Chicago and saw Scott you could tell he has this attitude that he is really the center of the world. He knows he is good looking and knows women adore him, he loves it ,, cuz again, it makes him MONEY>
I still think the music is wonderful they are a great band. Just dont see the magic in it anymore.

Kim V.
01-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Ditto! Every time I hear WAWO it takes me right back to NYE; I didn't think he was going to get through that song without breaking down altogether. There were even some points he must have had a hard time because he pointed the mic out to the crowd so we could sing parts for him. His little boy must mean the world to him for him to get so emotional. But then again he was being so open and up front with us that whole night. No one has the ability to do that to a crowd like he Scott does. PEACE

Dogstar
01-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ronda
You people are putting yourselves into the music and the band way too much. They are people not some magical band that gives you feelings. I saw ole Scott all screwed up and realize that he is just a guy. THe <<<SHOW>>>>> he puts on is a <<show>>. Like actors on TV . He is paid to perform , it sells cd's and that makes him<<<<< MONEY>>>>>> &nbsp;
I used to believe he was all about this deep spiritual meaning, but after the show in Chicago , eyes wide open now. &nbsp;

Well, for the record, I have never been naive enough to think that they don't do it for the money. It's how they make a living, DUH! I'm sorry that Scott has fallen from the pedestal that you seemed to have put him on, but I have never put Creed there. I adore music. I need music like I need air to breathe and for me, experiencing it live was indeed magical. I've seen them four times and each time I got a different experience, all really wonderful. I'm sorry Chicago was such a letdown and huge disappointment, but you should have realized a lot sooner that they are just people who are lucky enough to make a lot of money doing what they love.

hotforscott
01-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Ronda, who are you to decide what WE feel about the music? Post YOUR OWN comments all day long if you like, but please don't put words in people's mouths. I saw the show in Chicago and it was my 3rd and I still think the shows are a wonderful experience. I will be at every show within 4 hours of me, next tour. I am able to get past the Chicago experience, if you are so warped that you think less of them as people because of it, maybe you should get past the Chicago show, too.

Dogstar
01-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Amen, hotforscott.

ronda
01-08-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
Ronda, who are you to decide what WE feel about the music? Post YOUR OWN comments all day long if you like, but please don't put words in people's mouths. I saw the show in Chicago and it was my 3rd and I still think the shows are a wonderful experience. I will be at every show within 4 hours of me, next tour. I am able to get past the Chicago experience, if you are so warped that you think less of them as people because of it, maybe you should get past the Chicago show, too.

Warped for thinking less of the band. ok , Yep warped then. I do think less of the band since the show. Not the whole band just the image . Warped for thinking less of someone for disappointing me, and putting on a terrible show. Yep warped then. What EVER>>>>> Getting past it. I am past it, still disappointed but past it.
As for me putting words in your mouth, i dont belive I directly quoted you, but what ever. I do still think some people are pouring themselves into creed. If you dont, that is ok you are allowed to have your opinion. Some people have posted on this board over 3,000 times others over 1,000 to me that is a person that is way too much into the band. Just my opinion. Dont like it,, then dont read it.

TeriB19
01-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey Ronda, cut us some slack okay? Not every single post on every single thread in every single forum of this bulletin board is Creed-related. People come here, they make friends, they post conversation, jokes, stories and harmless ribbing of each other and some of it actually has nothing whatsoever to do with Creed. We all understand you're disappointed with Creed. You've made your point, and in your opinion, those that have over 3000 posts are way too into a band. That's your opinion and it is to be respected. But I just want to point out to you that not every single post is a Creed-worshipping post. Maybe if you stick around long enough, you'll make some friends and have idle chatter back and forth and it won't even have Creed or Scott or Chicago in the post! Try it.:)

Sheila63
01-08-2003, 05:19 PM
Like Dogstar said, I understand that they do what they do for money and yes, they're paid to perform. I'm also aware that they're human just like us and do things that disappoint/hurt other people. I know I've done things that I haven't been proud of too.

tru2mine
01-08-2003, 05:37 PM
creed rocks and since the nye concert i cant stop listening to them

#1creedfan
01-08-2003, 05:40 PM
I saw Creed for the first time in Pittsburgh this past summer and it was the most amazing concert I have ever seen. There music is so moving to me.
You people have to realize that he is only human. Humans make mistakes. Have you ever made a mistake that you regret? He has had an incredible year this year between the tabloids, car accident, his voice and not to mention law suits and his ex-wife problems. He has had to come forward and defended himself too many times for all the gossip that has been circling him and the band. In many interviews they(the whole band)have stated that they will not talk to the press or explain themselves because all it does is just fuel more gossip!
He made a mistake that upset alot of people. But that does not make him less of a person. It doesnt mean that the words he sings mean any less to himself. We all make mistakes and we all hope that when we do, that everyone will forgive us right? Put yourself in his shoes. Think about how he feels. Shouldn't we show and give him the same respect that we would want. Lets show some understanding and support.

ronda
01-08-2003, 06:04 PM
;) Teri,
I appreciate your post. I am not trying to cut on anyone here. I was not saying it is awful to be in a magical state after a concert. I was stating that due to recent events that magic was not there for me. And my post merely explains how I came to that opinion. I felt that the magic was tarnished by the way the show was handled in Chicago.
Your posts seem to be very positive and upbeat, I am sorry not all of mine are. Yet Feel I have a good reason for feeling the way I feel. :) I cut you all the slack in the world, my response was mostly to hotforscott and dogstar.

Dogstar
01-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Some people have posted on this board over 3,000 times others over 1,000 to me that is a person that is way too much into the band. Just my opinion. Dont like it,, then dont read it.

Perhaps you should read the 3,000 posts before you form an opinion about people being *way too much* into the band. I don't mind being flamed if you have the facts to back it up. Do your homework before you open your mouth. Just my opinion.

Teri pretty much explained why some people have posted a lot, so I don't feel the need to repeat it.

TeriB19
01-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Understood!:)

ronda
01-08-2003, 06:59 PM
:) ok we are over this now.. on to positive things.....

hotforscott
01-08-2003, 09:12 PM
I appreciate your PM, Ronda. I took your post in a way that you were implying we were way to much into the band. I understand that was your opinion and maybe I should not have replied the way I did. It just seemed your opinion was pretty harsh for someone who didn't know what half of our posts were about. I post anything from childhood memories on this board to recipies. I am not here to put you down. I hope you stay, I just took what you said a little personal and and the fact that you stated in your PM that people with 1,000 posts were way to into the band made me feel that you were in a way forcing your opinion on me. I have posted over 1,000 times, but I am a very friendly and upbeat person, as is Dogstar. I formed my post about you based on what you had posted. You formed your post about me, based on 2 of my 1,000+ posts. I apologise if I made you feel unwelcome and I hope that you understand my point. I probably jumped the gun a little, but it seemed you had some pretty negative posts and it kind of got to me. Thanks, Carrie

JenRN
01-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Let's all remember that music is what brought us all together as fans and friends. We all need to remember the band members are just like us; they feel like us, sleep like us , fart like us and even cry like us. They are HUMAN!!!! I don't think any of us "over 1000" posts have put them on a pedistal! I love Creed for their lyrics, incredible music, love for the fans and best of all the way they make me feel when I listen to their music!!!! I have listened to them in good times and in bad horrible times, they are like an old comfy pair of jeans or a best friend you turn to in times of need, and I don't know about you, but I never turn my back of my friends, even when they dissapoint me!!!!!! :D

TeriB19
01-08-2003, 10:08 PM
fart like us Speak for yourself, Jen.;)

JenRN
01-08-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Speak for yourself, Jen.;)

Beans beans good for your heart! :fart:

TeriB19
01-08-2003, 10:26 PM
For all of you who were wondering, Jen is on the left, that's me on the right!:fart:

hotforscott
01-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Y'all crack me up!

Sheila63
01-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
Let's all remember that music is what brought us all together as fans and friends. &nbsp;We all need to remember the band members are just like us; they feel like us, sleep like us , fart like us and even cry like us. &nbsp;They are HUMAN!!!! I have listened to them in good times and in bad horrible times, they are like an old comfy pair of jeans or a best friend you turn to in times of need, and I don't know about you, but I never turn my back of my friends, even when they dissapoint me!!!!!! :D

Couldn't have said it better myself, JenRN!! That has been my point in my posts that I put on the board about this subject all along. That they're human and like the rest of us, they mess up. I've only been to one Creed show (on NYE) unlike a lot of you here but from everything that I've read here this was the first time anything like this has happened. I could be wrong and some of you might call me naive or whatever but, Scott must have been going through something pretty major in his life to be in that state before a concert and if anything, I feel compassion/sadness for him or anyone else that I know of that is going throught a hard time.