Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Please say it aint so... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Please say it aint so...

FreedomFighter
03-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Does anyone else NOT really want to see some sort of Creed reunion?? I was as into Creed as anyone back in the day, but when they split it just seemed right, especially seeing how AB has picked up where Creed left off musically, and has done some amazing stuff. I loved the idea of Mark and Scott P getting back to the beginning and making the music they want to make. Bringing Brian back in was icing on the cake too. Even seeing how much Myles has grown and evolved from his M4 days is awesome.

Personally, I would be crushed to see all that haulted or even put on pause in favor of a Creed comeback.

What I'm hoping is that all these rumors lead to nothing. Failing that, maybe Wind Up is planning to merely 're-brand' Scott Stapp's solo gig as "Creed: Resurrected" or something awful like that in order to turn a quick buck.

Mark, Scott, Brian and Myles, please tell me you aren't a part of any of this silly speculation. If the still-die-hard Creed fans want their thing back that's fine, and let Stapp give it to them. He's been playing Creed tunes on his own for years anyway. Just don't take that same step backwords!

Anyone else with me??

TrulyAmazing
03-28-2009, 09:38 AM
:) as far as my personal over all opion This Reunion Betters Everybodys Out Come From All Sides Including Scotts For That Matter Thank You For :) Opion Freedom Fighter ;)

eusebioCBR
03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
I would like to see Creed together again but if that does happen I will be disapointed. Mark said Creed was finished and it would never happen again. I believe when a man says something he should stick to his word, but money can be very persuasive.

lmaiello
03-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I admit alter bridge is decent, but no way did they pick up where Creed left off. Their music can't be compared to the ballads that Creed made and although I think Miles has talent, his vocal capability can't come anywhere near Stapps.
Radio stations announced today in CT that Creed is booking dates in Hartford.
Creed is back. Let's enjoy it.

Redeemer
03-28-2009, 04:52 PM
You've got to be kidding Me.

Kennedy's range is superb. The power in his voice is undeniable. Stapp is a damn decent vocalist, but he is NOT of the same caliber as Kennedy whatsoever. Some of the notes Kennedy can hit... godly. The notes he can hold... amazing. You cannot convince Me of anything less.

lmaiello
03-28-2009, 11:15 PM
So could the beegees.;)

Tremontiriffs77
03-29-2009, 12:12 AM
lol...good one !!:smokin:

eusebioCBR
03-30-2009, 11:41 PM
So could the beegees.;)

The Bee Gees musical legacy and popularity has survived well more than 30 years. It only took a few years for tickets to a Scott Stapp show to be taped to the enterance of the concert hall and when the Bee Gees last toured in the late 90's they filled venues larger than Stapp can fill on his own to date.

TrulyAmazing
03-31-2009, 08:29 AM
The Bee Gees musical legacy and popularity has survived well more than 30 years. It only took a few years for tickets to a Scott Stapp show to be taped to the enterance of the concert hall and when the Bee Gees last toured in the late 90's they filled venues larger than Stapp can fill on his own to date.
For The Respect Of Rock N Roll Lets Leave The Bee Gees Out Of This

TrulyAmazing
03-31-2009, 08:37 AM
You've got to be kidding Me.

Kennedy's range is superb. The power in his voice is undeniable. Stapp is a damn decent vocalist, but he is NOT of the same caliber as Kennedy whatsoever. Some of the notes Kennedy can hit... godly. The notes he can hold... amazing. You cannot convince Me of anything less.
Myles Is A Great Vocalist Indeed But Comparing Stapps Voice To Kennedys You Cant B/c Your Dealing With To Different Vocalists All Together Stapps Early Years With Creed Was Influnced By Grunge of Course And With H/C And Weathered You Could Hear Where Is Vocals Was Changing hopefully we see a lot of that in this reunion A More Power In those Vocals i,d love to hear an acoustic version of torn live that would be killer

Agent D
04-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I feel the same as you do, FreedomFighter. This is a money grab. It's a complete and utter money grab, especially if the original band is involved. It's one thing if it's Stapp with a new crew. But if the Mark and others are in this, I'll be disappointed.

I also don't get the appeal. I admittedly haven't listened to Creed in a long time. I've been meaning to listen again but I just don't see what the point of a reunion tour is. So they can go out and perform the same songs again? Stapp can't possibly sound as good as he did in 1997. Just, what is the point? Someone explain it to me, please.

TrulyAmazing
04-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I feel the same as you do, FreedomFighter. This is a money grab. It's a complete and utter money grab, especially if the original band is involved. It's one thing if it's Stapp with a new crew. But if the Mark and others are in this, I'll be disappointed.

I also don't get the appeal. I admittedly haven't listened to Creed in a long time. I've been meaning to listen again but I just don't see what the point of a reunion tour is. So they can go out and perform the same songs again? Stapp can't possibly sound as good as he did in 1997. Just, what is the point? Someone explain it to me, please.
Y2k That Was A Money Grab The Greatest Of All Time Even Arnold Got Lucky Out Of It With End Of Days Wall Walker when i see your avi depending on moods haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LAMO I Cant Take Nothing You Say Serious brother :laugh: :laugh: i try peter parker was such a dork i wanted to be the green goblin and get him out of his misery back on topic im looking foward to the reunion i dont see a future or a point in a lot of things these days so i dont think a creed reunion is such a bad thing but a good thing think of all the happy fans

eusebioCBR
04-04-2009, 01:33 AM
For The Respect Of Rock N Roll Lets Leave The Bee Gees Out Of This

I didn't bring them up and I'll say what I want until I'm kicked off thank you.

McField
04-05-2009, 05:57 AM
reunion would feel like forced commersial trick!

TrulyAmazing
04-05-2009, 12:02 PM
I didn't bring them up and I'll say what I want until I'm kicked off thank you.
:roll: Yes Sir

Redeemer
04-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Good grief, you lot can be touchy. Was it always like this or am I courting adolescent delusions?

But I'm apparently the only one who didn't get the "so could the Bee Gees" post. They could do what?

Agent D
04-13-2009, 09:52 PM
But I'm apparently the only one who didn't get the "so could the Bee Gees" post. They could do what?

Make a random comeback I guess.

TrulyAmazing
04-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Good grief, you lot can be touchy. Was it always like this or am I courting adolescent delusions?

I cant Recall What Brought The Bee Gees Up Except One Of my friends telling me they did,nt bring it up but now all i can see is John Travolta Walking Down the street with 2 paint buckets PEACE Ya,alls

eusebioCBR
04-13-2009, 10:30 PM
The Bee Gees were bought up in an attempt to ridicule Myles Kennedy's vocal range while defending Scott Stapp's enduring popularity. Klay Akin would have been a better comparison for mockery since the Bee Gees have a musical legacy that Creed, Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp have yet to achieve.

Redeemer
04-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Ah. Hm.

Well, at any rate... I still think comparing Kennedy and Stapp isn't going to get anyone anywhere. They're two good vocalists with completely different styles. In fact, I don't know why people compare musicians in general. It doesn't prove anything either way.

TrulyAmazing
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
The Bee Gees were bought up in an attempt to ridicule Myles Kennedy's vocal range while defending Scott Stapp's enduring popularity. Klay Akin would have been a better comparison for mockery since the Bee Gees have a musical legacy that Creed, Alter Bridge or Scott Stapp have yet to achieve.
now i recall that topic and conversation and any legacy could have been brought up but the Bee Gees Got Brought Up

TrulyAmazing
04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Ah. Hm.

Well, at any rate... I still think comparing Kennedy and Stapp isn't going to get anyone anywhere. They're two good vocalists with completely different styles. In fact, I don't know why people compare musicians in general. It doesn't prove anything either way.
Myles Is A Great Vocalist The One Thing You Cant Miss In Myles Is The Real HE Pumps Out He Lungs And Heart Like He Means It Stapp The Same Way But Comparing Theme Is A Pointless Issuie All Together PEACE

eusebioCBR
04-16-2009, 12:05 AM
now i recall that topic and conversation and any legacy could have been brought up but the Bee Gees Got Brought Up

It wasn't a legacy comparison. Myles vocal style was being ridiculed and a more appropriate comparison(for a laugh) would have been Clay Akin. I'd really like this Bee Gee thing to end so hopefuly your done trying to correct me.

Dogstar
04-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Ok, folks, let's just move on.

eusebioCBR
04-16-2009, 02:46 AM
I still like Creed alot, but a reunion this soon doesn't really seem to matter. I'm not sure why. I'd be more excited about new Creed material and a new cd.

TrulyAmazing
04-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Ok, folks, let's just move on.
yes i agree Dog :roll: see the effects disko has on people and im serious from a certian point of view i really need to get staying alive out of my head :D everytime this topic does countinue PEACE Ya,alls

nagpo
04-27-2009, 09:28 PM
It's so SO!

XALTERBRIDGEX
04-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Here is my take:
Creed is being forced by windup because windup still owns the creed name. notice how in the middle of alter bridge there is now a creed tour and new album that is being rushed to be put out before tour starts. I mean come on even a dumb mutherfuker can see that. Myles kennedy even said on his my space "they had to do this". for what? because windup is going sue every creed member for everything they got if they dont make the greedy record company more money! Ya maybe the guys patched shit up but deep down inside Mark is Alter Bridge. Full circle? come on that sounds like a half ass rushed title name. I smell record company all over this and ALTER BRIDGE WILL RISE AGAIN!

FreedomFighter
04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Wow. Just saw the 'official' press release, and it's just what I thought it would be...utter devastation on my part. From Myles' blog the whole thing does still sound kinda shady, so it may be Wind-Up turning the screws, but that doesn't make me feel any better about this, especially after seeing and reading all the interviews where Mark and Flip were so no-nonsense that a Creed reunion would never happen.

I thought Mark and Scott P bought their way out of Wind-Up? If that's the case the 'reunion by force' theory doesn't hold much water. I so hate to say it, but now I'm woundering how much I'm going to respect them, as Creed or AB, after this flip-flop...

...Yet I'm still holding out hope to somehow be proven wrong.

eusebioCBR
04-28-2009, 05:31 PM
^ I know just how you feel. I wonder how much I could appreciate new Creed music IF it was in fact made under duress. I'm just not as thrilled as I thought I would be.