Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Queens of the STone Age [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Queens of the STone Age

Dogstar
01-06-2003, 09:07 PM
I just picked up the QOTSA CD, Songs for the Deaf, mainly because Dave Grohl was the drummer for it. I'm curious as to what people think of it. I think it rocks and Dave is his usual awesome-drummer self. The stuff that is on it is a lot different from the song No One Knows, which has been playing on the radio. If it weren't for Dave Grohl being on it, I never would have picked it up because I'm not that fond of the song. But the rest of the stuff on it really kicks a**.

Bridge of Clay
01-06-2003, 10:27 PM
a couple years ago there was a huge rock festival here (actually it was in Rio)... 200.000 people every night...

3 big bands every night, while some unknown bands on the evenings, 7 nights...

Guns Nī Roses played their songs from Chinese Democracy, that sounded cool, but isnīt guns without slash...

Iīm not sure which night it was, but QOTSA performed... hauhuahua their bassist played completely naked! then the show was kinda interrupted, they made him wear some pants... that was fun... anyway, next night Dave Grohl would perform with the foo fighters... and he appeared and played a little with QOTSA... not sure, though... I didnīt watch this one, a friend told me but I have a feeling it wasnīt true...

the night FF performed was Dave Grohls birthday, so a girl (gf???)appeared with a cake and everybody sang happy birthday to him! :) he blew the candles and stuff...that was pretty cool! Grohl really connects with the audience, thatīs good! but I donīt like when he mocks Creed...

not sure why Iīm writing it though...:confused:

JenRN
01-06-2003, 10:32 PM
The video for the song they had out most recently is crazy! Seeing all their heads stuffed on the wall:lol: Yeah the music is cool, I LOVE the Foo Fighters so really any video or music Dave is in I like!:D

Dogstar
01-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Same here. Have loved him since the Nirvana days. I just think he's a kick-a** drummer and a decent songwriter.

JenRN
01-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Dave's humor is great too! Yeah I agree he is a kick ass drummer but sorry no one beats Stapp/Tremonti lyrics in my book!:D

Dogstar
01-06-2003, 10:45 PM
LOL, I can think of a few, but Scott/Mark are right up there. Yes, Dave is a friggin scream. I saw the Foo Fighters with the RHCP a few years back and he was a scream. Just a good guy, IMO. Drummers always have the best senses of humor.

creedfan47a
01-06-2003, 11:57 PM
We have a music festival called Big Day Out tour Australia every year in February, and I saw QOTSA there in 2001. The bass player was also naked, but no one made him cover up! He kept his guitar in front of his privates for most of the time, but he turned around to moon us a few times, and also moved his guitar about a bit too much for my liking. :(

Dogstar
01-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
We have a music festival called Big Day Out tour Australia every year in February, and I saw QOTSA there in 2001.  The bass player was also naked, but no one made him cover up!  He kept his guitar in front of his privates for most of the time, but he turned around to moon us a few times, and also moved his guitar about a bit too much for my liking. :(

OMFG, that's unbelievable! Marcos was saying on another thread that he saw the video for that.
Somebody was just talking about that festival on the Jerry Cantrell message board. There are several people from Australia who post there. Are the Foo Fighters going to play there for this year's show? The people on the other board seemed to think so.

creedfan47a
01-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Somebody was just talking about that festival on the Jerry Cantrell message board. There are several people from Australia who post there. Are the Foo Fighters going to play there for this year's show? The people on the other board seemed  to think so.

Yeah, Foo Fighters are playing. So are QOTSA, Jimmy Eat World, Machine Gun Fellatio, Janes Addiction, Frenzal Rhomb, and many more. Click here (http://www.bigdayout.com/theshow_bands.php) for the full list.

Thinking of coming over for it??

Dogstar
01-07-2003, 12:20 AM
LMAO. I WISH. I would love to visit Australia. My aunt and uncle went a couple of years ago and had the best time. Thanks for the list!

creedfan47a
01-07-2003, 12:23 AM
Well, gimme a ring if you're ever in the neighbourhood. ;)

Dogstar
01-07-2003, 12:25 AM
LOL, will do. There's a few of us at work are actually talking about planning a trip there, but it probably won't be until next year. I'm trying to persuade my mother to go to Spain with me this year. She really wanted to go before 9/11, but now she's afraid to fly even more than she was before. I'm working on her, though ;).

creedfan47a
01-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Good luck with that! But if she doesn't want to go to Spain...... can I go?? :D

Dogstar
01-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Hell, yeah!:D

creedfan47a
01-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Yay!! I'll start packing......

And then after that, you can come back to Australia with me for a visit! :)

JenRN
01-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Hey I got an idea how about Creedfest in Australia next year!!!! Yeah I wish!!!! Australia is somewhere I have always wanted to go! It looks incredible and the people seem so great!;)

creedfan47a
01-07-2003, 05:17 PM
YAY!!! Great idea! You can all stay at my place. :lol:

Siana
01-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Queens of the stone age are pretty cool ;)

PaulMcCoygirl
01-10-2003, 08:36 PM
I love the video! I thought it was so funny! :P