Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Geez!!!! Enough is enough already!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Geez!!!! Enough is enough already!!

JulieCitySlicker
01-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I am so tired of having this fibroid! I am going in next week to see a doctor and discuss my options for removing the fibroid tumor in my uterus. Yesterday I walked to the store to put my state tax return in the mail so I can my my refund and the store is only about a mile away from the house. While I was walking there I passed about 4-5 huge clots and once I put my mail in the box I rushed to the bathroom in the store to try to clean it up. It was so horrible. I have been on the birth control shot because ever since I've had this fibroid my periods have been extremely heavy and what happened yesterday was the last straw for me. I think it is time to set all fears aside and look into surgery. I have been putting it off because one of the surgery options that is available (called a myomectomy) can cause my body to go into menapause and I'm only 30. Plus with this surgery they said that there is no guarantee that the tumor won't grow back. So hopefully the doctor can help me find something that will work for me.

Please keep me in your prayers!!! Thanks!

Ana4Stapp
01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
ill pray Jules!!

metalchris25
01-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I am prayin for ya darlin.

JulieCitySlicker
01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Thank you Ana and Chris!

TrulyAmazing
01-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Got ya Julie :hugs: :hugs: comforting warm vibriant hugs and prayers im about ready to give ya sugery myself :D i tell ya :hugs: :hugs: you need to go over those sugery options you know we will be here for ya if you decide to have it done speak good things over your body thats precious and it will be alright Loves Ya julie

JulieCitySlicker
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM

TrulyAmazing
01-24-2009, 10:15 PM
your welcome julie :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker
01-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know that I am going in to speak with a surgeon tomorrow to discuss what my options are to have the tumor surgically removed from my uterus. I have been doing my own research on the net about some of the surgical procedures that are out there, and so far the only one that they offer that guarantees that the tumor will never grow back is a hysterectomy. I don't plan on having kids, so that wouldn't be all that bad for me but I am only 30. Plus having a hysterectomy would mean NO MORE PERIODS!!!! That wouldn't be to har to get used to either,lol. Hopefully we can come up with a solution that would work the best for me.

TrulyAmazing
01-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know that I am going in to speak with a surgeon tomorrow to discuss what my options are to have the tumor surgically removed from my uterus. I have been doing my own research on the net about some of the surgical procedures that are out there, and so far the only one that they offer that guarantees that the tumor will never grow back is a hysterectomy. I don't plan on having kids, so that wouldn't be all that bad for me but I am only 30. Plus having a hysterectomy would mean NO MORE PERIODS!!!! That wouldn't be to har to get used to either,lol. Hopefully we can come up with a solution that would work the best for me.
thanks for updating us julie :hugs: whatever you and your doctor decides at this point will be the best option because thing has botherd ya now for a long time be alright and your going feel a lot better wants its out of your body for the love of all thats good and keep us updated

JulieCitySlicker
01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey All! I just got back from my appointment and from going to the store as well. I met with the doctor today and he advised that I stay on the birth control shot for a few more months before we look into surgery for the fibroid because I haven't been on it long enough to get the benefits from it yet. He thinks that the irregular bleeding and the clots may be caused by the birth control and that once I have been on it long enough that will go away and eventually I will have no more periods (he thinks this should happen in a few months), but if things don't improve by the end of May he wants me to call and make an appointment to discuss surgery. So, I will hold out a few more months and keep getting the shot and hopefully he is right and my periods will calm down, and I hopefully will quit having them. He also said that any surgical procedures to remove the tumor could cause infertility and that is another reason why he wants to wait for now unless things don't improve. So that is the scoop for now, talk atcha later! Luv,Julie

Dogstar
01-29-2009, 12:39 AM
You will definitely be in my prayers, Julie. I hope you get some relief soon. I can see why the docs are hesitant to go as far as a hysterectomy. My mom had one at 34 and she had an awful time with hormonal balance and such. But if there is so much discomfort and awful periods, something has to be done.