Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
How Creed Saved my Sons Life [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : How Creed Saved my Sons Life

hockeymom97
01-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Here is the short but to the point story that many of you asked for.

My son is 14 years old and a Freshman in highschool. When he was 13, he was headed down the wrong path in life. He was trying to find out who he was and where he belonged in this world. His biological father left when he was 3 months old. He choose drugs over his son. With all the normal teenage issues he was really struggling. He decided to start to hang with the completely wrong crowd, turned to drugs, started failing in school and completely gave up on his dream of playing college hockey and making it to the NHL. He has been playing hockey since he was 4 years old. That has always been his lifelong dream.

One day he was listening (really listening) to their CD. Not sure which one, but he came upstairs and apologized for the last year. I could see the hurt in his eyes and asked him what happened to realize what he was doing. He told me that something in their lyrics just clicked in him. From that day on he stopped hanging around with that group of friends, got off the drugs and brought his grades up. He also went back to playing hockey with all his heart. Now he is looking forward to finishing highschool, hopefully getting a college scholarship to play hockey and reliving his dream to make it to the NHL. Whenever he is having a troubled day, he pops in his Creed CD's and that seems to bring him up again. I will forever be greatful to Creed for giving me my son back. I will stand behind this band 100% and never give up on them.

I wrote a letter to Scott Stapp with 2 guardian angels to keep him and Jaggar close to eachothers hearts and safe while they were apart like his music keeps my son safe. I sent it to Creedink. Not sure if he ever got them, but at least it made me feel like I could let him know what he means to us.

Thats it. That's my sons story.

TeriB19
01-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Oh my God, that's wonderful. I have chills and tears in my eyes! It's amazing how something that doesn't mean anything to one person can completely turn another's life around. You should be proud of your son and I am very glad you shared that story with us. THANKS!!

Dogstar
01-05-2003, 09:37 PM
OMG, hockeymom, that is so awesome. I'm wiping the tears away right now. Thank you so much for sharing and reminding us of the good that music can do. Best of luck to you, your son and his dream of playing hockey!

hockeymom97
01-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Thank you all. I am very proud of him. He has been clean for almost a year now and he did it all on his own. (with the help of creed I should say)

hotforscott
01-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Gosh, I am crying too. That is totally awesome. What a wonderful story.

TeriB19
That is wonderful. That is a story that Creed should definitely hear. I'm sure hearing something like that at this point in time would really make Scott feel better.

crest tattoo
It takes a lot to get through to a teen's mind. Whatever it was, it must have been exactly what he needed. I don't mean to pry, but did you pray for anything like that to happen? Sometimes the right words will just fall on the right ears at the right times. I am a huge believer in fate, if you can't tell.

It's great that your son has a positive role model. Has he been to any concerts?

hockeymom97
01-05-2003, 09:46 PM
It's great that your son has a positive role model. Has he been to any concerts?

Just one and it happened to be here in Chicago. So he didn't really get to see the True Creed yet. He was pretty upset and had alot of questions at first, but as he told me, everyone makes bad choices in life. He is going to stick with them too.

And yes, we did alot of praying. Alot of fighting too. LOL.

Dogstar
01-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Wow, I wish some of the people who bashed here had your son's attitude. We can learn much from the young ones.

TeriB19
01-05-2003, 09:52 PM
He was pretty upset and had alot of questions at first, but as he told me, everyone makes bad choices in life. He is going to stick with them too. Now that is one smart kid. I wish most of the people who jumped all over this bb would read that and think about how a 14 year old can reason things that most 20-30 year olds just want to argue about. Please, no bashing that statement, it was meant as a compliment to her son!

crest tattoo
01-05-2003, 09:52 PM
I was hoping you wouldn't say you went to the Chicago concert. I'm sure he did have questions. I was there too. The first Chicago concert at Tweeter was the best one I seen out of four. But that last one was not the best. Everyone makes mistakes, even role models. How did he accept the concert? Sounds like he is far enough on the rode to recovery that he is doing well.

hotforscott
01-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Yes, we can learn a lot. Has he read Teri's post on the New Years Eve show. That one gave me chills. It's a very good description of what the Creed shows are all about.

hockeymom97
01-05-2003, 09:57 PM
Now that is one smart kid. I wish most of the people who jumped all over this bb would read that and think about how a 14 year old can reason things that most 20-30 year olds just want to argue about. Please, no bashing that statement, it was meant as a compliment to her son!

Yep he is pretty smart. But he has probably been through more than most 20-30 year olds in his short life.

Also, I went to the Tweeter to see them and that was awesome. He couldn't go that day because he had a baseball championship game and didn't want to miss it. As for accepting the concert, he was pretty peeved and wanted to leave, but we were hoping it would get better so we stuck around. He asks daily if there was any news on an explanation or apology. He does want to go see them again. But like I said before, he accepts the error and is still keeping them as his idols and my saving angels.

crest tattoo
01-05-2003, 10:02 PM
After seeing them play so well before, I knew what was happening all too well at the Allstate. I wonder what first-time Creed concert-goers thought. Other than Siren's opinion that is! It was obvious to me, was it THAT obvious to others do you think? I suppose if a teenager knew...

KBoo925
01-05-2003, 10:03 PM
Wow...thanks for that story. It's amazing, the power of music and feeling connected that can really make a difference in someone's life. I think we all can help each other in similar ways too. We can all be angels to each other...you never know how our lives may intersect. I feel grateful, not only for Scott's courage and passion, but for all those who have taken steps for themselves and others. god bless us all.
Peace,
Karin

TeriB19
01-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Amen, Karin. We all need to lean on someone and it's good to know there are people to lean on here and in the real world. And good music to guide us.

hotforscott
01-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Yes, Karin, that was VERY well put. I just love these positive threads. :)

JenRN
01-05-2003, 10:09 PM
WOW!!!!! Hockeymom that is a very incredible story!!!! Creed means so much to all of us, but you..... well the meaning is totally different. I know the band would be truly touched by that, boy wish they could here it now. I am sure you are so proud of him, it is young people like him we need so much more of in this country! I am sure he has a bright future ahead of him with an attitude like that! And hats off to you for being such an awesome mom!!!!!! What a great story to hear!:D :D :D

Weathered
01-05-2003, 10:48 PM
yes i agree...it does take a lot to get through a teens mind...usually i dont realize things right away ....hard to explain but i do a lot of things i shouldnt....but i guess thats what a teen does...but im glad to hear your son is well again...hopefully creed gets your messege

Bridge of Clay
01-05-2003, 11:08 PM
I´m speechless...

may I ask you to ask your son about the song he heard than "woke" him up?

JenRN
01-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>I´m speechless...

may I ask you to ask your son about the song he heard than "woke" him up? </b>
Yeah I wondered that too, or if it was just Creed's music in general!

hayley
01-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Wow...i have just read that and far out that is awesome wow i am speechless also all i have to say is wow

hockeymom97
01-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Ok, I have asked him. He said he doesn't quite remember exactly which one it was. He just remembers that he was really listening to all the lyric on Human Clay and it just struck him.

hockeymom97
01-05-2003, 11:23 PM
I think he just wants to keep that to himself. And I am fine with that. I don't want to pry to much, since we have given him our complete trust again.

Tantraess
01-06-2003, 01:53 AM
Wow! I am crying now too! Human Clay is my favorite also....so I know how much that CD can have an affect on you. My son is 11 and I am hoping he doesn't head down the wrong road. Just thinking about that happing tears me apart.

Good luck to both of you and thank God for Creed. They have worked so many miracles. If they only knew. I really hope and pray that your son gets to see a magical concert like most of us have been fortunate enough to see. There is nothing like it! I am also comitted to Creed 100% no matter what because they have kept the spirit within me alive. For that I am grateful to a degree that nobody else could understand. Good luck to both of you. :jam:

hotforscott
01-06-2003, 01:56 AM
That was a very nice reply Tantrass. I think it's great that Creed has such a positive impact.

Bridge of Clay
01-06-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by hockeymom97
I think he just wants to keep that to himself. &nbsp;And I am fine with that. &nbsp;I don't want to pry to much, since we have given him our complete trust again.

hahaha thanks!:)

btw, you´re right! :P

Redeemer
01-07-2003, 08:02 AM
I'm a little late here, but...great story hockeymom!! I've had a similar experience too. People don't believe me, but I've always said that Creed saved my life. It's just something I believe.

CreedCrazed
01-07-2003, 09:31 AM
That is a truly touching story...the gift of music is a powerful thing...I write songs and music and I just pray the one day I'll be able to touch or change someone's life with it. Thanks for sharing your heartfelt story...and I wish you and your son all the happiness that life has to offer.

Karen

Bridge of Clay
01-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Redeemer
I'm a little late here, but...great story hockeymom!! I've had a similar experience too. People don't believe me, but I've always said that Creed saved my life. It's just something I believe.

maybe you could share yours with us!

faceless kiwi
01-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Truely great story, thanx for sharing it.

Sheila63
01-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Hockeymom, I just wanted to say how happy I am for both you and your son. I'm very happy for both of you. I've stated in a few other threads here on the bb that Creed's lyrics have helped me as well. I have been working through some personal issues of my own this past year and the lyrics have definitely contributed to my personal growth and making positive changes in my life. I totally believe in the power of music, it can be a life changing thing!! On my own behalf, thank you Creed for your awesome music!! Rock On!!!:dancing:

creedgirl99
01-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Beautiful story! Just wondering Hockeymom, were you standing on Brett's side close to the rail???

hockeymom97
01-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Yes I was. About 3 people/rows back.

creedgirl99
01-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Hey, I think I was standing right by you! You were there with your sister and your son had been hurt in some kind of hockey accident right? (And there was this snotty girl who kept bumping into him.) I was the girl with the dark, curly hair wearing the white Creed Weathered shirt. I was standing up there alone 'cause my husband didn't want to get that close. Anyways, I just wanted to say how cool I think it is that I found someone that at actually talked to at the concert! Bye for now.... :D

PaulMcCoygirl
01-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Awesome story HM97! I'm glad your son got back on the right track thanks to Creed!! Whenever I have a really bad day, or I feel like just giving up, I pop in one of Creed's cd's and it makes me feel like myself again. :)

hockeymom97
01-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey, I think I was standing right by you! You were there with your sister and your son had been hurt in some kind of hockey accident right? (And there was this snotty girl who kept bumping into him.) I was the girl with the dark, curly hair wearing the white Creed Weathered shirt. I was standing up there alone 'cause my husband didn't want to get that close. Anyways, I just wanted to say how cool I think it is that I found someone that at actually talked to at the concert! Bye for now....

You are correct. He was hit with the puck in the Championship game right before the concert. You were from out of town. Your husband stayed in the back and you were right next to us. Yes that rude girl get grinding on him and we had reported her to security. How small the world is. Well at least we will be able to stay in touch through the bb.

PaulMcCoygirl
01-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey, 2 Creed fans reunited! :dancing: :party:

hockeymom97
01-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey, 2 Creed fans reunited! &nbsp;

See some good did come out of that concert. ;) :party:

PaulMcCoygirl
01-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Yeah it sure did. It's amazing what Creed can do!! :dancing:

Redeemer
02-06-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
maybe you could share yours with us!
What, my story? Well, okay. When I was 13 I moved to North Carolina to live with my aunt b/c my dad felt that he couldn't take care of me at the moment (or something like that.). All was going well until my cousin Sandy started using me as a punching bag whenever either i did something wrong or she just thought i was being disrespectful or whatever. I got mired in this obsession with this dude at school and that's when the band Fuel came into the picture b/c their song Hemorrhage really related to me at the time (I loved that song!!). The guy graduated that same year and that's when I first started to self-mutilate. I missed him so much!! Plus my life wasn't going all that well as it was, what with Sandy and all. Summer passed, and I went back to school in the fall, but it wasn't the same without my crush around :rolleyes:. In December, my cousin Jay taught me something I can do without. In other words, he gave me a Wash Away Those Years-type experience. Figure it out :D. Moving on...one day when I was really depressed and contemplating death, I started listening to the radio and I heard this song that sounded really good. I started to listen to the lyrics and I heard "I created my own prison". I was like, "That's Creed, isn't it?!" I taped the last part of it and started listening to it every day, impressing it in my mind. I finally got out and got the C

TeriB19
02-06-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey Sid, thanks for sharing it with us. We've always got your back. Always great to hear positives about our guys.

JenRN
02-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Glad your around SID, sorry to hear of your troubles! Creed has been so many people's saviors!!!!:angel: :angel:

Redeemer
02-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Eeps. Clicked enter by mistake. moving on...
I got out and got the Creed CD and started to listen to it. I discovered that "these guys are really good!" I really got something out of songs like MOP, Torn and One. i think it was Higher's release that prompted me to get HC, even tho Higher had been out for quite a while at that time. That was the album that really saved me. It was songs like Faceless Man, Wrong Way, and Inside Us All that I really found a connection to. Like that line in Faceless Man says, I found myself choosing "to live for always". Thank u Scott!!! :D
Now, I'm still trying to work through my life, failure that I am. I don't even know what I'm gonna do when I graduate, and I'm a junior already!! I know one thing--i can't go to college, b/c I can't even pass English in high school. So I guess I'll be another welfare recipient, living in the projects with about 20 kids. What a life I'm gonna have. :(
Well anyway, I'm still grateful to Creed for saving me, and I hope that one day I can do the same for someone else, b/c that's what it's all about!! GO CREED!!!! :lol:

Redeemer
02-06-2003, 11:56 AM
You got it, Teri and Jen!! Thanx for the support. I know we're united in Creed! :D

TeriB19
02-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Now, I'm still trying to work through my life, failure that I am. I don't even know what I'm gonna do when I graduate, and I'm a junior already!! I know one thing--i can't go to college, b/c I can't even pass English in high school. So I guess I'll be another welfare recipient, living in the projects with about 20 kids. What a life I'm gonna have. :(
Sid, you've made it this far. Don't be so hard on yourself. You didn't dig yourself out of your sadness just to face a bleak future. You can do anything you put your mind to. I think you've proven that! Don't give up on yourself, because we're not giving up on you.;)

Redeemer
02-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Wow, thanx, Teri, that's really inspiring :D. I don't even know what to say!!!!

TeriB19
02-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Say you'll get rid of that defeatist attitude and look to the future!! Your future is so bright, you gotta wear shades.:cool:

Sheila63
02-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Sid, you've made it this far. Don't be so hard on yourself. You didn't dig yourself out of your sadness just to face a bleak future. You can do anything you put your mind to. I think you've proven that! Don't give up on yourself, because we're not giving up on you.;)

You're so right, Teri. Please give yourself time to adjust and grow, Redeemer. It sounds to me like you're doing a wonderful job and you're still young. To me you're not a failure, give yourself some credit for what you've overcome and realize that you're a strong person to overcome what you have.

I've gone through my share of "growing pains" myself and I was really hard on myself. As I've gotten older I've learned to love and accepted myself more and I know you will too. Hang in there because Teri's right, we're not giving up on you. Keep listening to the music too because I know Creed's music has helped me through a lot of things too.

souldancer
02-06-2003, 12:24 PM
What a wonderful thread - truth and feelings rule all the way!
Hockeymom...thank you for that inspirational story and I hope your son is doing OK - on most days. It's a rough age - and most adults don't acknowledge that or prepare for any rites of passage for all that confusion. Some days I feel the pain of adolsecence...I crank up "I'm 18" and "Illusion"

Redeemer, Teri's words and genuine care will keep you strong.
Thanks so much for your sharing. You DO have a community here that cares - please remember that. Don't pressure yourself - you will find your way. Try to stay balanced, as much as possible with connecting with the hurt and pain to feel and release it, but opening up to all the good that is waiting there to unfold for you! You're in touch, wise and have the music and fans that will feed your soul. Hang tight and rock on!

Lucy
02-06-2003, 12:48 PM
hockeymom97 thanks a lot for sharing this with us...
It's wonderful how music can touch our lives and sometimes get them back...
You are a lucky mom and in your words I can read how much you love your son... well.. he's a lucky son...

Thanks again... and good luck!

Lucy
02-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Redeemer.. thanks for sharing your story.. and no.. you're not a failure...
I know I haven't been here for a long time, but I feel close to you all.. and yeah.. i can feel such a friendship air in here!!!
So you have a lot of friends... and everyone I am sure could tell how Creed's music have changed them in some ways... so don't give up on yourself... I am sure you have a lot to give!

;)

whitebird
02-06-2003, 03:04 PM
What a beautiful thread you have going. Your sharing of these stories, and the responses are so touching. I would like to share something with you, a poem just for those that have posted on this thread.

The Kindness Of Strangers

moments of kindness received

live on in memories

waiting like a sleeping child

bestowing a soft smile of awakening

at a time and place of others needs

given freely with kind heart

the gift multiplys upon itself

living until the sunset of time

Whitebird

I have never before shared this poem with anyone.

Lucy
02-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by whitebird
I would like to share something with you, a poem just for those that have posted on this thread.

I have never before shared this poem with anyone.

Well.. whitebird... Thanks for sharing this poem with us...
Only a pure and sweet sould could write something like that...
Thanks a lot...

hockeymom97
02-06-2003, 04:49 PM
hockeymom97 thanks a lot for sharing this with us...

You are so very welcome. There was a lot of negativity going around the thread at the time I posted this and I wanted to be able to bring something positive back to the bb and to Creed.

I'm still trying to work through my life, failure that I am. I don't even know what I'm gonna do when I graduate, and I'm a junior already!! I know one thing--i can't go to college, b/c I can't even pass English in high school. So I guess I'll be another welfare recipient, living in the projects with about 20 kids. What a life I'm gonna have.

Redeemer, sound like you are going through the rites of the teenage years. It does get better. Stay positive and don't give up on yourself. Let Creed's music be your guide. They have really helped my son get through a lot. Every day is a struggle for him to stay sober and clean. He takes it 1 day at a time and always listens to a creed CD when he is really struggling. Everynight he goes over the days events and though it may have been the worst, he will find 1 positive that happened and dwell on that for the next day. Know that life will not change in a heartbeat, but you can make the difference. It will not be easy by no means, but you have all the support from us here and we will help you in any way we can.

Sheila63
02-06-2003, 06:33 PM
There's so much caring and love here, it's making me cry. It really touches my heart the way everyone supports each other. It's wonderful!

Whitebird, I wanted to thank you for sharing your beautiful poem with us. I know other people have touched my life in what may seem to them to be a small gesture but to me it was a big thing and helps restore my faith in the human spirit.:angel:

hotforscott
02-06-2003, 08:56 PM
I just read Redeemer's posts, Oh my Gosh. I hadn't visited this thread in awhile and I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I don't even know where to begin, I have lots to say, but I can't find the words. There are so many people who feel they are here to manipulate and ruin lives, because they feel they have been wronged and a lot of them have, but it doesn't make you a failure and you are not wrong for what they did to you. You are totally awesome to be the person you are today and not resort to being like them. I think that your future holds something bright and you will make a difference in this world. Thanks for sharing it with us and let us know how you are.

JenRN
02-06-2003, 09:34 PM
You got it, Teri and Jen!! Thanx for the support. I know we're united in Creed! :D
Creed is so awesome, they have brought so much to my life and obviously yours!!! It is amazing how many cool people you can meet just through music. Yeah I do believe we are bonded in Creed, now how many bands can say that? They are simply awesome!!!:angel: I am glad to hear you are doing better, you can always count on us Creed family members to lift you up when you need it!:angel:

Dogstar
02-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Holy crap, I haven't been to this thread in a while, and I'm about ready to cry. Redeemer, you are not a failure, in fact, you're just the opposite. You have overcome some hideous events in your life and you should be proud for recognizing your struggle and trying to do something about it. That alone is cause for celebration. What the others have said to help you I couldn't have said better myself. Never, ever give up. I can tell that you have a gentle soul and a kind heart and that you will make a difference in this world. You seem like a really caring, genuine person who has tons to offer. And you have all of us. This has to be one of the nicest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure of hanging out with. The teen years are the toughest, for sure. It DOES get better. Life will always have its ups and downs, but if you learn to cope in a positive way, you will survive and thrive! You're already on your way!

souldancer
02-07-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by whitebird
I have never before shared this poem with anyone. How beautiful! Thank you for this gift from the heart!

Lechium
02-07-2003, 03:56 AM
Uhhhh... once one cd (not creed's thou) stopped me from killing myself. Sorta funny to think about it now but yeah. If other cd was in player than I woulnt be pissing you guys off lol

stappinfection
02-07-2003, 07:08 AM
I've been thinking about this thread alot. I've never known anyone that can describe the feelings I have had about my life as well as this band does. Hockeymom thanks for sharing this with us. Redeemer hang in there we have all felt like you feel .
It is better to be here pissing us off than not to be here at all.
In life there are many quotients and I hope I find the mean. &nbsp;

:crest: :crest: :crest: :crest: :crest: :crest:

whitebird
02-07-2003, 01:23 PM
Hockymom97-Thank you so much for your story. I too have a son , and I know that times are so very difficult for them, too many pressures. It sounds like you have an incredible amount of love for your son, and will always be there by his side no matter what challenges the two of you face. I'm not exectly sure what happened at the Chicago concert, I've heard a few details, but I've never read the whole story. I was very surprised when Scott went back on tour, so soon after his car accident. Injuries to the back and spine are not something that get better that soon. People assume if you are up and walking around, and you look good, you must be fine. Such an injury has the most far reaching effects on a person. If you have never experienced one yourself, you have no clue. It can effect your entire life. Your personality changes due to the pain. Sleep patterns are effected. You must deal with the frustrations of others that expect more out of you than you are able to give because of the pain, and their judgment, condemnation, or pity. It takes a long time to recover both emotionally and physically. Please mention to your son, this could be part of the problem with what happened at the Chicago concert, perhaps not. What ever, no one knows what another person is going thru to effect their life, so it is not fair to judge. It sounds like he is a wonderful person to give another chance when he was unable to understand what had happened.

Redeemer-I don't think you realize just how strong you are. Just to have made it thru the things that have happened to you in your young life, is an incredible accomplishment. You will find out that life can take some sudden turns to help you to find your direction, just take the time to listen and learn. Good luck.

Lechium- I'm glad that you found the music that you needed, when you needed it. I believe that it was not by chance.

Thank you for the responses to my poem. I wrote it after I was in a difficult situation, and a total stranger made a special effort to help me. All she asked was that I pass on the favor to another stranger. What a wonderful person.

Lucy
02-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Thank you for the responses to my poem. I wrote it after I was in a difficult situation, and a total stranger made a special effort to help me. All she asked was that I pass on the favor to another stranger. What a wonderful person.

You sound a wonderful person yourself whitebird...
what we wrote about your poem was just what we felt!!!

Once again thanks for sharing...

creeder
02-10-2003, 05:20 PM
This is amazing....... I just love creed, what they can do with their music etc! im almost crying!:rolleyes:

Creed|Flip
02-11-2003, 05:38 AM
Creed is a band set by angels..
Creed is an ANGEL band...
Their music is amazing, and has incredible power!
It's touching!

CREED 4'Ever

Sheila63
02-11-2003, 11:30 AM
You're so right, Creed|Flip!! Rock On, Creed!!:jam:

Creed|Flip
02-11-2003, 12:09 PM
I Wonder.....is Creed a band sent from GOD?
I Think So

Lucy
02-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Creed|Flip
I Wonder.....is Creed a band sent from GOD?
I Think So

Definitely...

Sheila63
02-11-2003, 07:14 PM
I definitely think so. I also feel that their talent is from God as well.

Creed|Flip
02-12-2003, 07:25 AM
Yes...yor definently right Creedfan63

Redeemer
02-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanx so much for the replies, you guys!! I'm probly gonna print them out and read them whenever I feel down. You guys are the greatest!!! :D
Creed|Flip, I believe Creed was definitely a band sent by God into every Creed fan's life to change it considerably. That's what they did for me and other members on this board!!

Sheila63
02-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Their music has definitely helped me makes some changes in my life, Redeemer. I hope you're feeling better.

JenRN
02-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanx so much for the replies, you guys!! I'm probly gonna print them out and read them whenever I feel down. You guys are the greatest!!! :D
Creed|Flip, I believe Creed was definitely a band sent by God into every Creed fan's life to change it considerably. That's what they did for me and other members on this board!!
Creed has brought so much happiness to my life and joy, I can't even put it into words. Angels for sure!:angel:

Redeemer
02-12-2003, 02:37 PM
:stapp: = :angel:
:tremonti: = :angel:

:D :D

creedfan: Well, I'm trying not to think about my situation and am concentrating on what promises to be a kick-ass project on Jim Morrison :D.

Lucy
02-12-2003, 03:03 PM

creedfan: Well, I'm trying not to think about my situation and am concentrating on what promises to be a kick-ass project on Jim Morrison :D.

Good Luck then Redeemer!!!!

;)

Sheila63
02-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Absolutely. I wish you all the best, Redeemer. I'm sure your paper will be really great!!:D

Redeemer
02-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Yeah, thanx! Right now I'm trying to decipher the guy's poetry--it's really amorphous (that's my new word for the week, amorphous. Right now I'm using it the wrong way but who cares :D). I mean, it's really impossible to understand. Here's a sample.

"In the womb
we are blind cave fish.
Everything is vague and dizzy.
The skin swells and there is no more distinction between parts of the body.
An encroaching sound of threatening, mocking,
monotonous voices.
This is fear and attraction of being swallowed."

Now tell me if that made any darn sense!

souldancer
02-14-2003, 01:27 AM
I believe Creed was definitely a band sent by God into every Creed fan's life to change it considerably. That's what they did for me and other members on this board!! I know what you mean and feel.
So glad you are part of the board - you bring so much depth and passion! Take good care.