Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Everything about the album [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Everything about the album

The Lithium
07-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Alter Bridge has set October 9th as the release date for the new album; Blackbird.

First single is called "Rise Today". And now; here's a clip of the song: http://media.putfile.com/Alter-Bridge---Rise-Today

Here's the official lyrics for Rise Today, posted by Michael Tremonti

The wind is blowing cold
Think we lost our way tonight
Think we lost our hope to sorrow

Feels like were all alone
Running further from what’s right
And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?

YEAH
YEAH
I WANT TO RISE TODAY AND CHANGE THIS WORLD
YEAH
YEAH
OH WON’T YOU RISE TODAY AND CHANGE THIS WORLD?

The sun is beating down
Are we ever gonna change
Can we stop the blood from running?

Our time is running out
Hope we find a better way
Before we find we’re left with nothing

For every life that’s taken
So much love is wasted

YEAH
YEAH
YEAH
YEAH

This world
Only love
Can set it right

This world
If only peace
Would never die

Seems to me that we’ve got each other wrong
Was the enemy just your brother all along?

YEAH
YEAH
YEAH
YEAH

Think that's all for now folks. For you "out of the loopers" Alter Bridge have officially left Wind-Up Records and signed with Universal Republic. And they have switched management team as well.

Bridge of Clay
07-19-2007, 04:00 PM
LOL! You'd draw more attention if you said there's a link to the single on the title!!!!

It effin rocks!!!

RMadd
07-19-2007, 11:16 PM
at some points the lyrics are complex; other times, they're fairly simple & Creed-ish.

The Lithium
07-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Yeah, it's good, but I expected something heavier. This had more of a classic rock-feel to it. Also I'm not crazy about the albumtitle; Blackbird. Sounds a Guns 'N Roses/Lynyrd Skynyrd name. Sounds like a "wannabe rock title", honestly. Very impersonal!

Robin101
07-20-2007, 08:24 AM
This song's kinda mellow and not what I expected. It's very, well...One Day Remains-ish. If this song is a blueprint for the rest of the album it appears nothing has changed.

Who wrote this song? The song wouldn't have looked out of place on the last album - I'd guess Tremonti wrote it.

I've got nothing against the song - it sounds quite a solid effort. Lyrically nothing special.

Wikipedia definition on blackbird vocalisations:

-a mellow fluted song
-a clattering alarm call

I was kinda hoping for more of the latter definition :D

Muad'Dib
07-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Average, kind of expected the 1st single would sound something like this. Disappointed really, wanted to be surprised by something alot more heavier. As Robin said it really feels like ODR part 2.

GregS
07-20-2007, 09:35 AM
I like the song but like others have said, I expected something a lot heavier.
This song is very radio friendly, so lets hope the rest of the album is different.

Wylde-Tremonti
07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
yeah it's kinda like when Open Your Eyes came out... we all expected something really different then creed... and the 1st single was very creedish. Now we're expecting something very different from the last album and the 1st single is very ODRish.... these guys need to stop playing it so safe and really bust some heads...

Bridge of Clay
07-20-2007, 02:54 PM
the lyrics are 100% Myles'.

Jez
07-22-2007, 01:51 AM
I can't wait for you to hear the rest of this album. This is the fourth song off of the album that I have heard that wasn't played live. The other songs are amazing.... Blackbird (the 'epic') was the first that I heard and it was very emotional for me having waited so long... It's very hard to explain what those songs were like in any way that a person that plays music would want to hear, but I can say that I cried, my jaw was on my chest, my heart was in my throat, heart pounding and I literally stopped breathing during parts.
One song ... it was hard to pinpoint for me but it was really dark. The best way that I could describe it was that it reminded me of Maiden and Dio.
I wish that I was better at this.

I personally LOVE this new song. I hope that everyone will remember the reason that this song was chosen as the first release.

I hope you all will have the same awesome experience listening to the new album that I did only hearing the rough cuts. It's going to be effin' amazing.

Dogstar
07-24-2007, 01:32 AM
yeah it's kinda like when Open Your Eyes came out... we all expected something really different then creed... and the 1st single was very creedish. Now we're expecting something very different from the last album and the 1st single is very ODRish.... these guys need to stop playing it so safe and really bust some heads...
Thank you.

Bridge of Clay
07-24-2007, 01:19 PM

They'll do that, just hang in there and get ready to get your balls kicked.

Don't forget they spent 3 years practically with no exposion, so they need to get their name out there so people are aware they're releasing a new album on October 9th.

The first single is always supposed to be radio friendly, but it'll do good to the band in the near future. Besides, the label probably wanted to play safe as well. Rise Today marks the transition from ODR to Blackbird.

The second single will be different, the whole album will be. I think only Watch Over You is in the same vein as Rise Today.

Besides, the song is catchy, imagine the whole crowd singing it along on the concerts.

Not to mention there's much improvement from ODR: two guitars, Mark's voice in the harmonies, the bass is louder and Flip keeps getting better.

Bridge of Clay
07-24-2007, 01:19 PM

They'll do that, just hang in there and get ready to get your balls kicked.

Don't forget they spent 3 years practically with no exposion, so they need to get their name out there so people are aware they're releasing a new album on October 9th.

The first single is always supposed to be radio friendly, but it'll do good to the band in the near future. Besides, the label probably wanted to play safe as well. Rise Today marks the transition from ODR to Blackbird.

The second single will be different, the whole album will be. I think only Watch Over You is in the same vein as Rise Today.

Besides, the song is catchy, imagine the whole crowd singing it along on the concerts.

Not to mention there's much improvement from ODR: two guitars, Mark's voice in the harmonies, the bass is louder and Flip keeps getting better.

Bridge of Clay
07-24-2007, 01:20 PM
sorry for the double post. =(

Dogstar
07-24-2007, 01:45 PM
no prob :)

Lunar Shadow
07-26-2007, 04:59 AM
ehhh nothin special

HeavensOnFire
07-28-2007, 10:13 AM
sorry for the double post. =(
Thats Ok i did,nt even notice it but it can be anoying if u do :D like my history of posting :D I LOVE THE NEW SINGLE, very powerfull lyrics, and the most powerfull lines SEEMS TO ME THAT WE,VE GOT EACH OTHER WRONG WAS THE ENEMY JUST YOUR BROTHER ALL ALONG , yes very powerfull, reminds me of the verse from the psalms for Mine Enemys Are Forever With Me, :jam: :jam:

creedmarine81
08-08-2007, 03:42 PM
i dont care what alter bridge comes out with they only sound like creed except with a different vocalist. kennedy is good but he doesnt have the rawness and the "rock" vibe and charisma as well as a mysterious persona that scott gives. I like alter bridge but they will never reach the levels of creed and the music they delivered

J-Man
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
i dont care what alter bridge comes out with they only sound like creed except with a different vocalist.

I completely disagree. Maybe you need to revisit Alter Bridge's myspace page and listen to thier two new songs, but clean the wax out of your ears first. And stop hating on AB. If you dig Stapp then go hang out in his thread. :rolleyes: Let us (the listeners that appreciate great rock) hang here.

AB's new music ROCKS! I can't wait to buy Blackbird! :tremonti:

J.T.
08-08-2007, 10:43 PM
i dont care what alter bridge comes out with they only sound like creed except with a different vocalist. kennedy is good but he doesnt have the rawness and the "rock" vibe and charisma as well as a mysterious persona that scott gives. I like alter bridge but they will never reach the levels of creed and the music they delivered

Um...I completely disagree. They have already delivered music which is just as good as Creeds. Have you even listened to the album? Myles Kennedy is an excellent rock vocalist with one of the best voices in rock music today. Alter Bridge have the power to make music even better than Creed. I'm not saying they'll have the same kind of commercial success, I'm talking about the quality of the music.

RMadd
08-09-2007, 04:30 PM

I'm pretty sure Myles was in Rock Star, and Stapp wasn't. Myles has an exceptional vocal range, Scotty don't. If you only listen to songs like "Open Your Eyes," "Burn It Down," "Broken Wings," "Down to My Last," and "Shed My Skin," I might be able to understand your grievance. But also try on "Find the Real," "One Day Remains," "Watch Your Words," "Metalingus," and "Ties That Bind," and tell me again that AB is Creed merely with a different vocalist/lyricist(s).

creedmarine81
08-09-2007, 04:39 PM
they are.. alter bridge dont get me wrong they are good, but not what Creed bought to music. Every album creed put out was the best.. it was what fans and music needed. Alter bridge? i bet half the fans wouldnt know who they are if it wasnt for creed. Sad but its the truth. Remember creed put out 4 number ones on their debut album while alter bridge had none. That speaks volumes doesnt it.

creedmarine81
08-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Look Take All The Air Supply Rock Music You Like And Accept The Fact That From Lyrics To Sound They Are What Creed Is . End Of Story. Only They Got Some Singer Who Has Great Range But Kills The Ears After A Song Or Two. Its The Truth. Hes Good But A Scott Stapp He Will Never Be. Alter Bridge Rocks But Not Like Creed Did. Dont You Think They Would Be On Tv Everywhere And Always On The Radio Like Creed Was When They First Came Out. Come On Quit Faking Yourself Out. Peace Out Broda!

Agent D
08-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Remember creed put out 4 number ones on their debut album while alter bridge had none. That speaks volumes doesnt it.

What speaks volumes is that that was nine years ago...

RMadd
08-09-2007, 10:04 PM
they are.. alter bridge dont get me wrong they are good, but not what Creed bought to music. Every album creed put out was the best.. it was what fans and music needed. Alter bridge? i bet half the fans wouldnt know who they are if it wasnt for creed. Sad but its the truth. Remember creed put out 4 number ones on their debut album while alter bridge had none. That speaks volumes doesnt it.

Reading reviews & articles online & talking to other music fans, I don't think Creed were as universally loved as you might think. Sure, Human Clay was 12x platinum, My Own Prison was the first debut album in history to have 4 #1 singles, etc. But most people (hint: you generally won't find them on this board) seem to agree that Creed destroyed music more than helped it. And most criticisms I hear are in regard to Stapp's bizarre behavior & personality traits (messianic poses, drug use, etc. etc. etc.), and not how much Tremonti/Flip/Phillips/(Hestla) sucked as musicians. But that's just my :2cents:.

RMadd
08-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Look Take All The Air Supply Rock Music You Like And Accept The Fact That From Lyrics To Sound They Are What Creed Is . End Of Story. Only They Got Some Singer Who Has Great Range But Kills The Ears After A Song Or Two. Its The Truth. Hes Good But A Scott Stapp He Will Never Be. Alter Bridge Rocks But Not Like Creed Did. Dont You Think They Would Be On Tv Everywhere And Always On The Radio Like Creed Was When They First Came Out. Come On Quit Faking Yourself Out. Peace Out Broda!
I'm guessing that listening to Led Zeppelin (Robert Plant), Black Sabbath (Ozzy Osbourne), Soundgarden & Audioslave (Chris Cornell), and other such similar bands (in that the vocalists have tremendous range) makes your ears bleed as well? Quite frankly, I find it impressive that Myles can hit high notes, and with Cornell's voice not quite what it used to be, and most other music today consisting of either mopey kids or hard-to-understand screamers, it's nice to get such range and be able to understand what is being sung.

J.T.
08-11-2007, 03:59 AM

Man...get over Creed. Get over it. And "hes no Scott Stapp?" Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Stapp, but give me a break, Myles Kennedy is a better singer. And kills on the ears? What??? I can listen to Alter Bridge on repeat for quite a while and his voice is still as pleasant as ever. You have serious issues and I think you need to leave Creed behind you and stopp trying to put down Alter Bridge. Do us all a favor and stop making comments like this, YOU'RE just kidding YOURSELF.

Redeemer
08-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Oh yeah. Myles IS a better singer, and this is coming from someone who would hit you with a chair if you dissed Stapp's voice. The range on that man is AMAZING.

One Day Remains is one of those very few albums that I can listen to straight through without skipping or taking a break. That says a lot for their talent and art.

creedmarine81
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
kennedys good but its not like he is steve perry from journey... Oh sherrie lol

J-Man
08-13-2007, 10:38 AM
kennedys good but its not like he is steve perry from journey... Oh sherrie lol

Ladies and gentlemen, here is a CLEAR example of the kind of behavior to avoid.

J-Man
08-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Getting back to the subject matter, I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. I love the two songs up on their myspace page. I appreciate the different styles of the two songs. Not to many bands can pull it off like AB can. I'm truly looking forward to the new album. October 9th can't get here soon enough.

creedmarine81
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
look j-man nothing personal. i am very open minded. myles voice the more i have listened to it is very impressive. i just think that with stapp they were more of a mysterious and raw band . i like the way stapp and tremonti combined into awesome lyrics and sound. Kennedy is awesome but he sounds a little more like an 80's singer rather than our present day singers.. maybe we just really don't see too many singers that have the "range" like kennedy so its not much of a common sound. anyway i hope the best for alter bridge... but i just guess im a die hard when it comes to creed and what the music meant to me. Now we have a battle steve perry from journeys vocal range vs myles kennedy of alter bridge?

J-Man
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
look j-man nothing personal. i am very open minded. myles voice the more i have listened to it is very impressive. i just think that with stapp they were more of a mysterious and raw band . i like the way stapp and tremonti combined into awesome lyrics and sound. Kennedy is awesome but he sounds a little more like an 80's singer rather than our present day singers.. maybe we just really don't see too many singers that have the "range" like kennedy so its not much of a common sound. anyway i hope the best for alter bridge... but i just guess im a die hard when it comes to creed and what the music meant to me. Now we have a battle steve perry from journeys vocal range vs myles kennedy of alter bridge?

You are not open minded if you are trying to bash Kennedy & Mark by bringing up threads that are several years old.

And I personally think it is silly for you to make comparisons. Myles has a great range and an impecable voice. If he sounds to "80's" for you, so be it. I can easily say that Stapp sounds too "90's". It's just plain silly to be honest. Why not create a thread called "Who's better Stapp or Veder?" Seriously dude, you need to stop w/ this nonsense. Creed was great THEN. Alter Bridge is greater TODAY.

J.T.
08-14-2007, 12:55 AM

I can understand being a die hard fan of something, but don't parade around causing arguments and making all other die hard fans look like idiots. Being a fan doesn't require bashing other artists.

creedmarine81
08-14-2007, 10:37 AM
stop sticking up for your girlfriend and realize that i made an honest apology so get a life and lets move on!silly! journey rocks! And i must admit i lately have been listening to alter bridges first album and i must say they prove me wrong. so being open minded is a good thing and no im not trying to bash the artists i just believe stapp and creed were better. my opinion... my entitlement and end of story. Move on ladies and move out the way for the next thread to appear! get outta my face! and step off!step off!step off!lol

J.T.
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
stop sticking up for your girlfriend and realize that i made an honest apology so get a life and lets move on!silly! journey rocks! And i must admit i lately have been listening to alter bridges first album and i must say they prove me wrong. so being open minded is a good thing and no im not trying to bash the artists i just believe stapp and creed were better. my opinion... my entitlement and end of story. Move on ladies and move out the way for the next thread to appear! get outta my face! and step off!step off!step off!lol

Wow, another insult. Yeah that's gonna make people step off. And yeah you may think Creed was better but you made your point by bashing the other artists. And how about you step off with the lame insults, huh?

J-Man
08-14-2007, 04:13 PM
JT don't let him get to you. If he was born in '81, then it's sad to know that my 12 year old cousins are more mature than this insignificant 26 year old.

J.T.
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
JT don't let him get to you. If he was born in '81, then it's sad to know that my 12 year old cousins are more mature than this insignificant 26 year old.

Yeah I guess I shouldn't. Nothing really to get mad about it just kind of irritated me. But yeah I'm calm now. :cool:

creedmarine81
08-15-2007, 11:16 AM
alright guys look alter bridge is good. i do like them. like i said its just my opinion nothing more and nothing personal. am i going to buy the new alter bridge album.. hell yeah i am. they are a good rock band and i do like them. i donno maybe its tremonti's guitar that keeps taking me back to the sound of creed. i do like myles kennedy and i think he is very much overlooked. once again i apologize ... would i consider myself a fan of alter bridge i would like to think so because most of my favorite band are now in that group. i do support alter bridge all the way and i am a fan of stapp as well... nothing more nothing less... this forum is made to be open minded and accept other peoples opinions... i accept yours and i have no problem with that we are all human and entitled to freedom of speech and opinion. so forgive me if i stepped on ya the wrong way.. in the words of cobain" all apologies".. god bless

J.T.
08-15-2007, 02:16 PM
No problem man. I just got a little carried away I think. I was a huge fan of Creed as well, still am. Also a fan of Stapp. I have both Stapps album and Alter Bridges. I guess I just think of Creed as in the past. I always enjoy listening to their music though.

creedmarine81
08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
yeah im sorry too man... maybe we just both care about the music so much we do take it serious.. but why shouldnt we these 2 bands can rock the house anytime. i wish creed would someday get together again but hey like its been said stapp is awesome and so is alter bridge... hey i did watch rock star and i must say myles sure has some vocal range.. it was awesome and very impressive..

J.T.
08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Yeah they do rock. We got three great albums from Creed and now we have both Scott Stapp and Alter Bridge. It's all good. No hard feelings here.