Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
AB to hit the studio Feb. 16!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : AB to hit the studio Feb. 16!!

Dogstar
02-12-2007, 04:03 PM
This was posted today at abb.net....woooo-hoooooooooo!
"I promised you a date and here it is!

Pre- Production begins on Feb. 16th. Alter Bridge will be recording in Nashville, TN.

For those who are wondering what pre-production is.... it is a week to two week process in which the band sits down with the producer and goes through all the demos. They then exchange ideas on the songs, choose what will actually get recorded and then the band hammers out the final arrangements of the decided upon songs.

Stay tuned for more info as it happens!!!

Michael Tremonti"
http://alterbridgeband.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10095

guitardude1985
02-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Sounds great. About time, but with all the hub bub with finding a producer and finding another label I can't wait to hear what this will sound like.

Dogstar
02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I know! I'm very excited. I'm so curious about what it will sound like now that Wind Up is out of the picture.

guitardude1985
02-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Well, now that wind-up is out of the picture I'm more than sure that there will be no presure to re-hash OYE. However I will say this, why in the hell did ODR or DTML not become singles? I think ODR is one hell of a rocker and DTML had serious potential.

Dogstar
02-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah, ODR is kick-ass. Didn't have enough of the "Creed" sound for Wind Up, I guess.

revisfoot
02-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Seriously. Wind-Up is my new most-hated label. They simply suck the life out of their artists. Where's 12 Stones? Where's Edgewater? Where's People On Planes? Oh, yeah, they got shoved under the rug in favor of Evanescence.

My new FAVORITE label? Tooth & Nail, most definetly. So awesome. Such great artists under that label, and no one is treated like a red-headed stepchild.

OMG...what if Alter Bridge went to Tooth & Nail? That would be CRAZY.

titan9
02-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Tooth & Nail's a Christian label, though. It'd only bring up the whole "OMG! Alter Bridge is a Christian band!" thing. ;) Although I do love Tooth & Nail.

I heard a rumor that they were signing with Roadrunner. I so hope this is not true.

Dogstar
02-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Good God, I despise both Wind Up and Roadrunner, who screwed over Jerry Cantrell. If you weren't Nickelback, they wouldn't promote you. Roadrunner bites, seriously.

Steve
02-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Good God, I despise both Wind Up and Roadrunner, who screwed over Jerry Cantrell. If you weren't Nickelback, they wouldn't promote you. Roadrunner bites, seriously.

Roadrunner just got bought out by Warner Music Group though so things may change over there. They also run Atlantic Records.

titan9
02-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I despise Roadrunner as well. I just do not think that would be a good fit for AB, even if they were just bought out.

Dogstar
02-14-2007, 12:19 PM
^^^Agreed. They may have more money for marketing and promotions, but it also means a greater chance of further homogenization of the music.

titan9
02-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Yup. And I see another WU-ish situation developing. RR would probably give AB somewhat of a push for the new album, then abandon them to promote Nickelback.

J.T.
02-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Yeah I dont think they should go with Roadrunner, it wouldnt turn out too well because of Nickelback. Lots of people over at the Nickelback forums have things against Roadrunner, and are happy that they are being bought out. Hopefully things change over there.

Agent D
02-14-2007, 07:53 PM
So if they're going into the studio, how close are they to signing with a label?

tremonti4life04
02-15-2007, 02:38 AM
I see alter bridge going to Atlantic Records. For some reason, that would just make the most sense. Look at other modern bands like them that are there. I dont see why any major label wouldnt take them, alter bridge is a cash cow, and if promoted right could equal the stardom of bands like nickelback, dont forget where AB spawned from.

So, all in all, im saying its Atlantic Records.

Steve
02-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Honestly I don't agree with your statement. Alter Bridge is not a cash cow - the reason Nickelback is so successful is because they write music that can cross formats. Their music appears on hard rock/modern rock stations as well as top40 and pop/rock stations. Same with Creed. They started out on rock stations but then branched out to pop stations with WAWO, Higher, My Sacrifice, etc. Alter Bridge is pretty much only on modern rock and/or hard rock stations. It's quite hard to be a cash cow if you're stuck to one format.

titan9
02-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Steve basically stated exactly what I would have said. AB, save for "Open Your Eyes", isn't a really radio friendly band. I cannot see them being played on pop radio stations like Nickelback and Creed. What I can see is them flourishing on rock radio. I don't think AB is a cash cow like Nickelback, simply because AB doesn't make radio friendly music. They make good hard rockin' stuff. And I'm glad they don't make radio music.

ABYanks
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
First Edgewater left Wind-Up and they put out another record on their own, its called "Were Not Robots" and it rocks.

Second i think it was warner bros and they bought RR.

guitardude1985
02-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Steve basically stated exactly what I would have said. AB, save for "Open Your Eyes", isn't a really radio friendly band. I cannot see them being played on pop radio stations like Nickelback and Creed. What I can see is them flourishing on rock radio. I don't think AB is a cash cow like Nickelback, simply because AB doesn't make radio friendly music. They make good hard rockin' stuff. And I'm glad they don't make radio music.

I dissagree. Alter bridge does make radio-freindly music. Just listen to In loving memory, shed my skin, burn it down and down to my last, all very radio freindly. However, with out the proper promotion there can not be any way to get a large enough audience to tune in to AB. Wind-up in many ways sorta ratfucked AB with-out as much promotion as creed, and you know what? I actully think thats a good thing. I really would not want to see AB as this monolythic commercial jugernaut like creed became because we all know how that lovley situation ended. I like the audience AB has now, sorta like a cult following.

Steve
02-15-2007, 05:44 PM
I dissagree. Alter bridge does make radio-freindly music. Just listen to In loving memory, shed my skin, burn it down and down to my last, all very radio freindly. However, with out the proper promotion there can not be any way to get a large enough audience to tune in to AB. Wind-up in many ways sorta ratfucked AB with-out as much promotion as creed, and you know what? I actully think thats a good thing. I really would not want to see AB as this monolythic commercial jugernaut like creed became because we all know how that lovley situation ended. I like the audience AB has now, sorta like a cult following.

When I mentioned radio-friendly music, I was talking more along the lines of what Michael Tremonti had said on the ABB.net forums... he mentioned several times that lots of the new songs are harder and heavier (and a bit different) than we've ever heard before. Harder != radio friendly. If that's the direction the band is going, they are more than likely not going to be radio friendly. Again as someone else states, that doesn't matter to me because I like lots of stuff that isn't radio friendly...

Dogstar
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Same here, and I don't really consider AB a cash cow. If they were, Wind Up would have kept them somehow. I think they bucked what Wind Up wanted them to do musically, and that may be one reason they left, along with the lack of promotion.

tremonti4life04
02-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Honestly I don't agree with your statement. Alter Bridge is not a cash cow - the reason Nickelback is so successful is because they write music that can cross formats. Their music appears on hard rock/modern rock stations as well as top40 and pop/rock stations. Same with Creed. They started out on rock stations but then branched out to pop stations with WAWO, Higher, My Sacrifice, etc. Alter Bridge is pretty much only on modern rock and/or hard rock stations. It's quite hard to be a cash cow if you're stuck to one format.

It's also hard to be a cash cow when you aren't being promoted. I would like to see what AB would be able to come up with if they had a proper record label. AB is a very marketable band, and they haven't gotten the play that they deserve. Look at In Loving Memory for instance. I think that song would rival "Savin Me" by Nickelback in marketability, weather you believe it or not, especially with the market swinging back more toward the rock scene. A lot of people realize that there are no great modern rock bands, save nickelback and 3 doors down, that are really making a huge impact. Alter Bridge has the guts and the background to make that happen. So yea, i think that they will be just as marketable, and just as big of a cash cow as any other band thats out there, IF their record label promotes them right and takes care of them.

Bleeding Love
02-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Finally :D
I'm excited!!!

J.T.
02-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah I agree with you tremonti4life04. They could be a huge band if they are promoted right.

nagpo
02-23-2007, 05:55 PM
i wonder who the label is now.

nagpo
02-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah I agree with you tremonti4life04. They could be a huge band if they are promoted right.
they could be the next van halen. that is if they work on their lyrics a bit.

Dogstar
02-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Another update from Michael posted (Feb. 21) at abb.net :D

What's up Alter Bridge Nation!!!

Sorry about the lack of updates recently but we are trying to keep things on the down-low for a little bit until we can make our record label and producer announcements. Obviously we already have the producer but we are still in contract negotiations with the label. All is going well but it just takes time when dealing with contracts and lawyers and such.

I can tell you that pre-production is going incredible. When I talked to Mark last night it was the most excited I have heard him in years. He truly believes in his heart that Alter Bridge are creating something really special here. As of last night they had the final arrangements down for 11 songs and they are continuing to work 12 hours a day, every day. I believe that the musicianship on this next album is going to be something to behold.

I have not been able to get to the studio yet due to some medical reasons (do not worry, I am fine) but I hope to get down there to report for all of you the first or second week of March.

In the meantime, keep spreading the word about Alter Bridge and encourage people to sign up on these boards. As I talk to the band members via phone I'll keep you all as current as I can. My hands are a bit tied right now and there is so much info that I would love to share but all of it will come in due time.

I also encourage everyone to activate the country flag in your profile. It helps to see where the fans posting are located so that I can let management know where we need to tour in the future.

And thank you to all of you who have been there since day one and to all of you newcomers. We are all beginning a new journey and I, for one, am excited as hell to see where all this will take us!

Michael Tremonti

The Lithium
03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Alter Bridge is pretty much only on modern rock and/or hard rock stations. It's quite hard to be a cash cow if you're stuck to one format.
Yeah, but in the end of the day, what's more important? The music or the money and success?

J-Man
03-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I'd have to say The Music is the most important for everyone involved (band and fans). The music is their art and they are passionate musicians, so of course they would want their music to be important, everything else afterwards just happens.

Wylde-Tremonti
03-05-2007, 04:13 PM
they could be the next van halen. that is if they work on their lyrics a bit.
Are you Saying that Van Halen had Great Lyrics??

Dogstar
03-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Maybe he means just in terms of popularity.

Wylde-Tremonti
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know... Either way... I would never want AB to be the next van Halen... at least in terms of lyrical content. As great of musicians that they are and were... Their songs are pretty shallow. (i'm talking DLR era van halen... I can't really comment on the hagar stuff) ANd I think Alter Bridge has, with just one album, shown more lyrical depth than Van Halen ever had

J.T.
04-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Can't wait for Alter Bridges next album. I've been really getting into them lately. I bought their album and can't stop listening to it so far. Favorite song is Open Your Eyes.