Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
9/11: Did the US secret services know beforehand? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : 9/11: Did the US secret services know beforehand?

RalphyS
09-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Yesterday was complotday about 9/11 on Dutch tv, first they showed 'Fahrenheit 9/11', but that isn't that special, but they also showed the (in)famous internet-movie 'Loose change' in which it is implied that the American government either did know of the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon beforehand of even had a hand in them.

But what I found the most enlightening program yesterday, was an independent newsshow, in which the accusations of 'Loose Change' and other internet-complot-theories were scientifically tested and/or talked about with experts for their judgement.

Let me first tell the good news, the complot that the US-government was somehow behind the attacks of 9/11 didn't stand up. The accusation that it was a missile that flew into the Pentagon and not a Boeing was thoroughly dismissed, both on account of the pictures of the remains of the plane as well as the implied impossible flight into the Pentagon, which was proven to be very possible. Also the accusations that the tumbling down of the Twin Towers was aided by explosives in the buildings were dismissed by both a big explosive expert as students of a Technical University (with assistance of their teachers) who did the math on why the towers ultimately collapsed. The expert stated that the building tumbled top-down and explosives would lead to a bottom-up tumbling.

So the US-government does not seem to be responsible for the attacks, on the other hand it seems that the secret services did know of the attacks and even of the date of the attacks, at least if you can believe the financial records! In the days leading to 9/11 lots of put-options were bought in regard to American airline companies and companies who resided in the Twin Towers, for the non-knowers on this subject, it means there was a lot of financial speculation on a decrease of the stocks of these companies. This had been noticed earlier, but at that time the blame was put on Al Quaeyda bankers, who would have known, but in the meanwhile it has been proven, that it weren't terrorist bankers who bought these put-options, mostly on the German stock exchange btw, but probably employees of several secret service agencies in the USA, who used their obvious foreknowledge to make a financial gain. Also, even on the early morning, of 9/11 millions of dollars seem to have been wired out of the Twin Towers, which was discovered on CD's that were restored from out of the debris, which were likely not to be recovered. So much for the financial evidence.

Than there was building 7, I think that was the number, the building that also collapsed on 9/11, even though it wasn't hit by anything. The explosive expert was also shown footage of the fall of that building, without being told that it happened on 9/11, and he concluded: "yes, this is a professional job, in this case you see a clear bottom-up explosion, the first floor goes first and than the rest of the building tumbles. What? Was this on 9/11 also? Strange! No, it's clearly a professional job." It was told also that in this building there were offices for the CIA, FBI, IRS and other government institutions, and those who believe in a complot think that in this building there was some evidence for the US-involvement in the attacks.

What did strike me from 'Loose Change', were also the official reports of the US military. Apparently even in the 60's a report was written that a strike on Guantanomo by own operatives and than blaming it on the enemy could help in getting Cuba back in capitalist hands. The report was dismissed and the writer was sacked from military duty by JFK. Than there is the report, which was cosigned by Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Cheney and Jeb Bush, in which it stated that the US-military needed a big overhaul now that the USA was the only remaining superpower to ensure the supremacy of the USA. This report specifically stated that this overhaul would have to take many years, unless a 'pearl-harbor-like-attack' would happen again, in which case the public would be willing to use much more funds and other necessarities towards the military.

Compelling evidence, perhaps not, but it shows some of the issues in a different perspective. If a government is willing to lie about reasons to go to war, are they also ready to let people get killed to ensure a swift movement for their plans? Maybe the future will tell us.

Chase
09-11-2006, 01:54 PM
You know, I was about to come in here to most a memorial thread in honor of those who lost their lives 5 years ago. I don't think today is the time to speculate whether or not there was some vast government conspiracy. The government never lied to send us to war... it acted on bad intelligence. In terms of preventing 9/11, the Clinton administration didn't do enough in 8 years to thwart terror attacks against U.S. targets around the world. They didn't do enough to hurt Al Qaeda either. They're just as much to blame, or possibly moreso than the Bush administration.

And if you're going to accuse the United States government of lying to go to war, you better be able to back it up. Bad intelligence doesn't constitute a lie. You had Britain, Russia, and other European powers all coming to the same conclusion about Saddam Hussein's weapons program.

RalphyS
09-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Stating "bad intelligence" as fact over and over and over and over again and again and again and again is being lied to, at least, in my humble opinion.

The so-called uranium sticks bought in Africa were mentioned in speeches as evidence, while it was already known by the secret services that it wasn't true, if it isn't a lie, than it sure is a serious case of incompetence.

But I just saw another piece on Dutch tv, it was about a reporter named Ron Suskind, who got extra access to the White House after 9/11, and he told about the 1%-doctrine that was introduced by Dick Cheney. If there was only 1% proof that terrorists might have or be able to get WMD's, than we will act as if it was a sure thing, and this doctrine, according to this reporter, was what has lead to the Iraq-war. Madeleine Allbright was in the same piece and she stated that the Iraq-war might become the biggest mistake in the American foreign policy in a historic view. President Bush is so sure about his actions, that there never is a plan B, if plan A fails was another comment by her. Ron Suskind says that after 9/11 the US government just abandoned the concept that links proof with action, even rumours become ground for action.
I never heard of it before, but it seems like a plausible explanation.

Ana4Stapp
09-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Some interesting visions about world after september 11

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5317612.stm

bilal
09-14-2006, 04:47 PM
i also saw that documentary titled "LOOSE CHANGE"........ all this cant be a coincidence........... i never belived the TRUTH nor will i do anymore.....

Chase
09-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Yes... let's all believe that Al Qaeda isn't responsible for killing 3,000 innocent people in one day. Let's not place any blame on Osama bin Laden or the Taliban for funding him. This is all America's doing because they're an evil nation that would definitely do something like this. Blah blah blah.

I'm astounded that people would actually rather believe that the United States is more to blame than the 9/11 hijackers.

And another thing... bad intelligence doesn't constitute a lie. If someone you trusted said that a child molester lived within a few blocks of your and your children... and that he actually posed a threat. You'd probably look into having him removed from that area, as any decent parent would do. Then, it turns out that the guy wasn't actually a child molester... that your trusted friend gave you the wrong intelligence about the guy and even though he was removed from the neighborhood on the basis of being a wrongfully accused child molester, it was still beneficial to the neighborhood because he had a well documented history of criminal activity and was linked to robberies and murders. I ask you this: were you a liar for doing what you thought was right and putting trust into someone you thought was trust worthy? Then, on top of that, you had a few other people that you called a friend all saying the same thing. Although the guy was wrongfully accused of child molestation, was it bad that this robber and murderer was finally brought the punishment that he deserved for years? Or, would it be fair for people to attack you and your character for being the main reason why a wrongfully accused child molester, who was in fact guilty of other terrible crimes, was ousted from the neighborhood and placed under arrest?

RalphyS
09-15-2006, 10:54 AM
And another thing... bad intelligence doesn't constitute a lie. If someone you trusted said that a child molester lived within a few blocks of your and your children... and that he actually posed a threat. You'd probably look into having him removed from that area, as any decent parent would do. Then, it turns out that the guy wasn't actually a child molester... that your trusted friend gave you the wrong intelligence about the guy and even though he was removed from the neighborhood on the basis of being a wrongfully accused child molester, it was still beneficial to the neighborhood because he had a well documented history of criminal activity and was linked to robberies and murders. I ask you this: were you a liar for doing what you thought was right and putting trust into someone you thought was trust worthy? Then, on top of that, you had a few other people that you called a friend all saying the same thing. Although the guy was wrongfully accused of child molestation, was it bad that this robber and murderer was finally brought the punishment that he deserved for years? Or, would it be fair for people to attack you and your character for being the main reason why a wrongfully accused child molester, who was in fact guilty of other terrible crimes, was ousted from the neighborhood and placed under arrest?

Yeah, and if you think that this is an equivalent to the Bush administration and the War in Iraq than I hope that you have been a good boy and that Santa brings you many presents at X-mas ;)

You know, Chase, there is a difference between being loyal, patriotic and trusting on the one side and gullible on the other side.

Oh, and btw, I do not believe in Loose Change either.

Steve
09-15-2006, 05:31 PM
So now the President, his cabinet and staff, and all of the allies of the USA are gullible for believing intelligence reports that came from their trusted intelligence sources? The Bristish government believed these reports. The democrats who voted for the war believed these intelligence reports. So now because it's found out to be false, it's a lie? Sometimes I don't understand the logic of people...

And btw, Chase's argument makes perfect sense. It's a great analagy, just on a smaller level.

And finally if you want to get into specifics and semantics, let's take a look at the definition of "lie" from dictionary.com:

lie: a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

President Bush never deliberately made statements to go to war based on known falsehoods. He had intelligence reports that were given. The decision to go to war was based on these reports, not some made up lie in the President's mind.

Chase
09-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah, and if you think that this is an equivalent to the Bush administration and the War in Iraq than I hope that you have been a good boy and that Santa brings you many presents at X-mas ;)

You know, Chase, there is a difference between being loyal, patriotic and trusting on the one side and gullible on the other side.

Oh, and btw, I do not believe in Loose Change either.

I like how you completely dance around what I just said. Well, maybe the Dutch are unaware of analogies.

You try your best to taint me as blindly following Bush... even though I've stated multiple times that I disagree with the way the war in Iraq was carried. However, the fact that WMDs weren't found doesn't make Saddam Hussein less evil. You could ask thousands of Kurds and Shia... and they'll gladly tell you the evils of this man. I mean, just take a look at the way he handles himself in court.

RalphyS
09-18-2006, 05:27 AM
So now the President, his cabinet and staff, and all of the allies of the USA are gullible for believing intelligence reports that came from their trusted intelligence sources? The Bristish government believed these reports. The democrats who voted for the war believed these intelligence reports. So now because it's found out to be false, it's a lie? Sometimes I don't understand the logic of people...

And btw, Chase's argument makes perfect sense. It's a great analagy, just on a smaller level.

And finally if you want to get into specifics and semantics, let's take a look at the definition of "lie" from dictionary.com:

President Bush never deliberately made statements to go to war based on known falsehoods. He had intelligence reports that were given. The decision to go to war was based on these reports, not some made up lie in the President's mind.

I never stated that I thought that the US or British administration were gullible, I would rather call them manipulative and deceibtful.

I meant that I think that people like Chase and you are gullible, if you believe that Bush and his cronies did not know about the 'bad intelligence' and wanted to go to war with Iraq anyway. It has been stated by that guy, I can't remember his name, who was the US-administration's expert on Al Queyda, that Bush wanted Iraq somehow tied to 9/11. They weren't looking for who did it, they were looking how to tie Iraq to it, because they had another agenda.

You people always make it sound as if everybody in the world was convinced that war in Iraq was the only solution, millions of people all over the world did not believe in the intelligence and did not think war in Iraq was a good, let alone, the only possible solution.

But we've got rid of Saddam, I can already hear Chase stating again. Maybe Saddam could have been getting rid off, without a full blown war too, but noone thinks that could have been an option, at least noone who thinks that the war was a good idea.

Chase
09-18-2006, 06:08 AM
I never stated that I thought that the US or British administration were gullible, I would rather call them manipulative and deceibtful.

I meant that I think that people like Chase and you are gullible, if you believe that Bush and his cronies did not know about the 'bad intelligence' and wanted to go to war with Iraq anyway. It has been stated by that guy, I can't remember his name, who was the US-administration's expert on Al Queyda, that Bush wanted Iraq somehow tied to 9/11. They weren't looking for who did it, they were looking how to tie Iraq to it, because they had another agenda.

You people always make it sound as if everybody in the world was convinced that war in Iraq was the only solution, millions of people all over the world did not believe in the intelligence and did not think war in Iraq was a good, let alone, the only possible solution.

But we've got rid of Saddam, I can already hear Chase stating again. Maybe Saddam could have been getting rid off, without a full blown war too, but noone thinks that could have been an option, at least noone who thinks that the war was a good idea.

Me starting again? I probably should... considering that you don't know the meaning of the term "liar."

Ana4Stapp
09-18-2006, 06:18 AM
I like how you completely dance around what I just said. Well, maybe the Dutch are unaware of analogies.

You try your best to taint me as blindly following Bush... even though I've stated multiple times that I disagree with the way the war in Iraq was carried. However, the fact that WMDs weren't found doesn't make Saddam Hussein less evil. You could ask thousands of Kurds and Shia... and they'll gladly tell you the evils of this man. I mean, just take a look at the way he handles himself in court.

Did I read it right? Am I dreaming or what? Multiples times you stated it ?
So...what is your point of disagreement? Hope you dont mind explainning it again...:D