Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Answers! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Answers!

revisfoot
09-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Why did Scott quit touring? Why did the promotion for the album suddenly end?

Why are Fuel staying so secretive about the identity of their new lead singer?

wink, wink.

Get the picture?

nagpo
09-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Why did Scott quit touring? Why did the promotion for the album suddenly end?

Why are Fuel staying so secretive about the identity of their new lead singer?

wink, wink.

Get the picture?
oh god i hope not. fuels nice and all but i want the creed sound not the fuel sound. if he were to join fuel it would have there own sound, with stapps voice. i dont want that, i want stapps voice with the creed sound like his solo career.

revisfoot
09-03-2006, 11:45 PM
But, you know, the more I think about it, the more I see it as a real possibility. Fuel has said that there has been a lot of legal stuff to work around for their new lead singer to join them. And, since then, support for the Great Divide has just dropped. I would be willing to put my bottom dollar on the idea of Stapp joining Fuel.

Dogstar
09-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Blech, I don't like that idea. I don't like Fuel.

eusebioCBR
09-04-2006, 05:10 AM
no way:thud:

ABYanks
09-04-2006, 08:44 AM
he likes writing his own stuff and they had that album written before any singer came into the picture

Chase
09-04-2006, 09:15 AM
I honestly think that Stapp would be propelled to his old popularity much quicker this way. I honestly think it would be a good move on his part working with the Fuel guys (not taking anything way from the Goneblind guys). I don't know if its a real possibility, especially since Stapp expresses how much he enjoys doing his own thing. Yet, the remaining Fuel guys are seasoned musicians and have hit the top of the charts before. They also were put back in the spotlight shortly when the publicly were pursuing Chris Daughtry from American Idol. You never know though. I believe a few years ago, Stapp and Tremonti played a concert with Carl Bell and Jeff Abercrombie from Fuel. So... there was a friendship there. I'm curious to know who Fuel hired now...

ABYanks
09-04-2006, 09:55 AM
. I'm curious to know who Fuel hired now...

i have a feeling its gonna be a name weve all heard before, i dont think its some random undiscovered guy, they were too excited about it.

Chase
09-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Update: There's a good chance that it's the former singer of this band, Something to Burn. There's an anouncement on it that hints that their singer left them to join Fuel.

http://www.myspace.com/somethingtoburn

Ana4Stapp
09-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Blech, I don't like that idea. I don't like Fuel.

same here ;)

Rocketqueen
09-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Blech, I don't like that idea. I don't like Fuel. me either..Doggy i mean do from certian point of myself ..yesssssssssssss...and then there is another part of myself ...that i dont like fuel at all ...but the entire concempt of him singing lead for fuel ..i could see that on a few songs or something or even see him work with,em on a album .. but to be their leading man..i dont know about that

The619
09-05-2006, 02:09 AM
Pwf never even heard Fuel before.

Lunar Shadow
09-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I like Fuel's First Album it was really good but I have not been impressed since

titan9
09-05-2006, 09:08 PM
No, no, no, no, no, this would not be a good idea. Once popular bands that replace their lead singers typically don't achieve their previous success. I do not think Stapp would be a good fit for Fuel and would be disappointed if he did join them. The way I'd ever want to see Stapp in another band is if that band is a fully reunited Creed, and that ain't gonna happen, so I'm fine with him being solo.

revisfoot
09-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey, it happened with Van Halen when they got Sammy Hagar. If this is what I think it is, then it could very well be a good, if not GREAT thing for Fuel and Stapp.

You see, I noticed a trend, watching both band's websites, and when Fuel said they were working though some of the "legal stuff" in getting this as-yet-unnamed singer, Stapp's album and tour just fell off the map. No promotion. No more real singles, nothing.

Even Goneblind were recently talking about recording THEIR next album, which would mean that they're going to be doing something different without Stapp.

I'm telling you, there's something going on under the surface, and I truly feel that it's Stapp joining Fuel.

titan9
09-05-2006, 10:20 PM
I don't know, I mean I guess if this happens, I'd give the music a chance. But I'm definitely not crazy about the idea(though I do admit I enjoyed Fuel's music). It's a possibility, but I won't believe it has happened til both Fuel and Stapp publicly announce it. 'Til then, it's just a rumor to me.

crest tattoo
09-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Can I ask, How are you linking these two together? Do you have any other info to lead you to this other than the remarks in the first email?

revisfoot
09-06-2006, 05:46 PM
I really don't KNOW. I'm not some industry insider, or anything like that. But, like I mentioned, I've noticed some trends by paying attention to the news with both bands.

Scott's album was getting tons of promotion earlier this year. At that same time, Fuel was entertaining the idea of hiring Chris Daughtry. Well, that didn't go through, and all of a sudden, the promotion for Scott's album fell off the map. A few months later, when Fuel said they were entering the studio with this new singer, Scott's tour gets cancelled.

Maybe it's just coincidence. But, I feel that there really is something going on under the surface.

SCOTT STAPP + FUEL?????

Frankie
09-07-2006, 08:35 PM
From the band Something to Burn on their myspace page...

We have a difficult and unfortunate announcement to make and it will not be an easy one to take. Toryn will no longer be the singer for STB. He has been courted for the last couple of months by a band who could not get their singing idol of choice. Toryn was the guy waiting in the wings if the offer to their first choice fell through, which it did.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2664515

revisfoot
09-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, see, not so much. I don't think this "new guy" that Fuel has gotten in their wing is a "nobody", you know? They've really kept it under wraps so much, that there is something HUGE, something BIG. And, let's face it, the only available singer that would be worth that kind of surprise is...

SCOTT STAPP.

Sure, Hugo Ferriera of Tantric fame is available, but, as I said in earlier posts, there has been a pattern of actions that seem to parallel in both the Stapp and the Fuel camps.

Like, right when Carl Bell of Fuel posted on fuelweb.com that the band was in the studio with the new singer...Scott's tour was just "cancelled". There has been some question if Stapp would leave Wind-Up, well...Fuel have hinted at the legal battle of getting this new singer.

Like I said, it's just a theory. I don't know anything for sure, and nothing is concrete. But, there have been way too many coincidences.

Chase
09-08-2006, 02:06 PM
From the band Something to Burn on their myspace page...

We have a difficult and unfortunate announcement to make and it will not be an easy one to take. Toryn will no longer be the singer for STB. He has been courted for the last couple of months by a band who could not get their singing idol of choice. Toryn was the guy waiting in the wings if the offer to their first choice fell through, which it did.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2664515

I posted that, and people blew it off lol.

titan9
09-10-2006, 03:24 PM
I kinda agree with Revis, I don't see why Fuel would sign this nobody and then act as if this guy is something special. It has to be someone with a higher profile than that--whether that's Stapp or some other free agent singer.

Chase
09-10-2006, 03:36 PM
I kinda agree with Revis, I don't see why Fuel would sign this nobody and then act as if this guy is something special. It has to be someone with a higher profile than that--whether that's Stapp or some other free agent singer.

They hyped it up before because they wanted Chris Daughtry. After that fell through, it doesn't seem like they've hyped anything up. They've just kept things quiet since.

nagpo
09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
i like the idea of stapp joining a new band and keeping his solo thing but his voice and the fuel sound do not mesh

metalanus
09-26-2006, 11:44 PM
why cant stapp just join Goneblind or the tea party or do both bands have a lead singer. im more into bands than solo acts.

if he were to join fuel it would be creedish as far as being melodic rock with similar guitar work.

I really like the idea but Ill believe it when I see it

J-Man
09-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm w/ Chase and Frankie on this one. The Stapp thing makes for good gossip, and I think that is all it would amount to.

revisfoot
09-28-2006, 06:34 PM
I haven't posted in a while, but I've been keeping up with Fuel's website as well as this one. The guys from Fuel have been posting pictures from the studio, but no pics of the new singer...

Despite what anyone else says, I still think it's Stapp. Too many parallels.

Frankie
10-04-2006, 03:53 PM
http://www.therockradio.com/2006/09/rock-quick-hits.html

Fuel has finally announced the name of its new frontman, who replaced Brett Scallions earlier this year. The new singer is Toryn Green, formerly of Something To Burn. The group is recording its fourth album in Los Angeles with A Perfect Circle drummer Josh Freese behind the kit, making it unclear whether drummer Tommy Stewart is still with the group. (Tunelab Music).

RenoV
10-04-2006, 05:28 PM

Well, that unveils it... Anyway, I wouldn't liked having Scott Stapp singing for Fuel. I mean, I really enjoyed "Something like human", but other than that, I just don't know.
I'm trying to imagine how would it sound like, but I can't make Stapp's voice fit into the Fuel's sound... :D

nagpo
10-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, that unveils it... Anyway, I wouldn't liked having Scott Stapp singing for Fuel. I mean, I really enjoyed "Something like human", but other than that, I just don't know.
I'm trying to imagine how would it sound like, but I can't make Stapp's voice fit into the Fuel's sound... :D
i agree

The Lithium
10-04-2006, 05:41 PM
If that theory if correct Fuel is taking a HUUUGE step down from Chris Daughtry to Scott Stapp. (Let's face it, Chris is a 10 times better singer than Scott, right now).

RenoV
10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
If that theory if correct Fuel is taking a HUUUGE step down from Chris Daughtry to Scott Stapp. (Let's face it, Chris is a 10 times better singer than Scott, right now).

Yeah, but as you said, If that theory is correct, which isn't... so Fuel fans can be happy with their new lead singer, and Stapp fans don't have to worry about this :)

Chase
10-05-2006, 09:14 AM

Exactly.

nagpo
10-05-2006, 07:02 PM
chris might be more vocaly capable right now because he hasent been through what scott has been through. nobody knows how good a chris daughtry album would sound like but we know how a scott stapp album sounds like and it souds okay so how do we know its a stepp down?
with stapp you get: years of experiance and musical talent
with chrissy: potential