Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Important! Please Read! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Important! Please Read!

JulieCitySlicker
08-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey guys, This was posted at another board I go to. Please help save this organization!

1-800-SUICIDE is a private organization that has given hope and saved many teenagers from death over the past few years. Now the government is hoping to cut their funding, run them out of town, and create their own government-run hotline where they would be able to access the backgrounds and records of the victims who call in. Does this seem fair? I think this would greatly impair the organization as I don't think people thinking about suicide would generally be interested in contacting an agency that would judge them and look them up. That's the whole point of 1-800-SUICIDE...help with anonymity.

This isn't an issue of Liberal or Conservative concern, it's just a matter of privacy and is something I think we all should stand up for. So PLEASE visit this website and send a letter saying you want to keep this important organization running. Lives depend on it.

http://www.save1800suicide.org/

Lunar Shadow
08-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Yes Very Important Julie

This is an organization that has had a direct impact on my life I have had many friends who have been on the brink of suicide and this organazation has pulled them back from the edge.

I have done what I can but they are far from the 67k needed to keep them open......Anyone know any Celebraties?

JulieCitySlicker
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
^I'm glad that this organization has helped you and your friends Lunar:) I wish I did know some celebrities but I don't,lol. If I had money right now,I would definitely send some.

Lunar Shadow
08-30-2006, 01:38 PM
well anyone can fill out the e-mail to their congress rep I mean at least it is some sort of action right?

JulieCitySlicker
08-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Yep,yep;)