Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Progress on the second album? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Progress on the second album?

guitardude1985
08-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Hey, it's been wicked long since I last heard anynews. So...anybody know exactly at what point the guys are with this second album? Christ, this things taking longer to come out than chineise democracy. Take it easy people.

eusebioCBR
08-20-2006, 09:01 PM
It has been a while:(

Agent D
08-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah, kinda reminds me of that period after Weathered came out and we heard nothing...uh...never mind, don't even want to think about that notion.

Unforgiven Fan
08-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Yeah, kinda reminds me of that period after Weathered came out and we heard nothing...uh...never mind, don't even want to think about that notion.

ouch...don't remind us...might cause some people to go in to panic...they might be taking there sweet time (even though they should not take to long)

eusebioCBR
08-21-2006, 02:28 AM
It was about a month ago on AB.net, Brian M. posted and said they're spending a little time with family before going back into the studio. I'm sure everything's cool.
Brian was spending most of his time fishing.

GregS
08-21-2006, 11:37 AM
The new album wont be a total weathered situation again.
Maybe they'll do a small tour near the end of the year..
That would be ace..

Creed7352
08-21-2006, 03:32 PM
it's taking so long because they're shopping a new label and finding a producer. if they don't get the deal they want from any label, they'll be getting their own together. that kind of shit takes time. they've said if it weren't for that situation, the album would be here sooner. look for it spring 2007, breathe, and relax a bit.

Bleeding Love
09-06-2006, 05:30 PM
It's gonna be after spring 2007, more like Fall, if they are finding producers and doing the record themselves.

J-Man
09-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Taken from: http://www.alterbridge.org.uk

29th August

Update from Michael Tremonti...

What's up everyone.

It has been a month since my last update and I thought I would bring
everyone up to speed on what is happening with Alter Bridge. The band is
still writing although they are on a three week break right now to spend
some time with thier respective families. Mark was just up here in Chicago
last weekend to celebrate my brother Dan's son's first birthday. We all had
an awesome time.

Anyway, the break is a good thing because it is going to allow the business
side of things to catch up to the creative side. We are currently in final
discussions to pick a producer for the next cd. We are also in the final
stages of choosing a new label. We have the label stuation whittled down to
two choices although we have not ruled out going at it on our own either.
Please be patient with us on this because these are decisions that are going
to affect the band's career in the future and they are very important.

Creatively, things could not be going better. Alter Bridge is writing some
insane stuff and they will continue to write until recording starts.

As things stand now... the band will continue to write in September as,
hopefully, all the business stuff is worked out. We would like to start
pre-production on October 1st but, again, this is just a guess.

Either way.... prepare yourself. Alter Bridge is going to give you a CD that
is well worth the wait. Keep checking back and I'll let you fans in on the
scoop as it happens. You all will be the first to know of any new info. Feel
free to ask any questions below and I'll do my best to answer them when time
permits.

In the meanwhile, enjoy the pics that I am posting on a daily basis and keep
spreading the word of Alter Bridge. Remember, right now, it is just Alter
Bridge and you. Keep the faith.

Agent D
09-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Finally, some news. Sounds exciting.

Dogstar
09-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Sweet, thanks for posting that!

eusebioCBR
09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
:banana: thanks J-Man!:banana:

titan9
09-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Nice! Can't wait for the new CD. Even if it takes til the end of 2007 to come out, it's still worth the wait.

bilal
09-10-2006, 03:38 PM
^ yup...it does worth it....and i am not worried....... not at alll......cause ONE DAY REMAINS still works the same magic 4 me it did the first time...... still rocks like nothing else

guitardude1985
09-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Or the guys could produce the album themselves, I don't think that would be none to bad of an idea.

bilal
09-13-2006, 02:01 PM
^ but the synergies and cost savings by using a contract with a record company are just few of the benefits, besides, management is a dedicated job....can effect bands performance as musicians

The619
09-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the post man good to hear about this

RenoV
09-16-2006, 02:23 PM
:D can't wait to listen to something new from Alter Bridge!

I'm new posting here by the way...

Creed7352
09-16-2006, 06:04 PM
here is michael's latest update from abb.net...this is from 9/15/06

This is going to be quick because I have to catch a plane. The good news is that I am headed down to Orlando today because Alter Bridge needs me! I'll be down there for a couple of weeks. During that time Alter Bridge will be doing some showcases for some producers and record labels. This is the final time for these people to see the band before we make a decision on our future. It will be an exciting time and I will try to give updates when possible.

FYI..... full band writing sessions began again yesterday.

Keep checking back for updates and keep spreading the word!

Michael Tremonti

eusebioCBR
09-16-2006, 06:06 PM
^Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bilal
09-16-2006, 07:20 PM
^ go baby go...... make me proud

Agent D
09-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Awesome news. It's also good to hear that Michael's well enough to travel.

uncertaindrumer
09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
We should not be waiting this long... interest in AB seems very low.

I'm not saying it is something they can control, but nevertheless, they should get this album out soon. As long as they aren't touring/writing, they are just losing fans.

eusebioCBR
09-29-2006, 12:15 AM
there are very recent pictures of them writing and playing in the studio at AlterBridgeband.net

Dogstar
09-30-2006, 08:56 PM
I'd rather they take their time and do it right rather then rush something out just for the sake of getting it out.

uncertaindrumer
09-30-2006, 10:28 PM
I'd rather they take their time and do it right rather then rush something out just for the sake of getting it out.

To a certain extent I agree, but there is a point when one has to ask "If it takes them this long to make an album, and it doesn't turn out to be the greatest album of ever, what were they doing that whole time...?"

Agent D
09-30-2006, 11:30 PM
This is completely off topic...

Uncertain, the Giants will get back on track. They merely suck momentarily.

Wait, what? Oh yeah, Alter Bridge. Yeah, I'm getting impatient.

Dogstar
10-01-2006, 02:25 AM
To a certain extent I agree, but there is a point when one has to ask "If it takes them this long to make an album, and it doesn't turn out to be the greatest album of ever, what were they doing that whole time...?"
I see your point, but rushing it might make it seem forced and not genuine. I don't know, maybe they are really wrapped up in their families and what-not. It happens, even to people with quote-regular jobs-unquote.

Creed7352
10-01-2006, 04:28 AM

if one had to ask that, one would have to answer, "taking care of label issues since they left windup and were shopping for a new one.";) :D

uncertaindrumer
10-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Agent D: Oh I am still really pulling for them. They have a fantastic team, and an AWFUL coachign staff. I mean... Coughlin SUCKS. This year is not dead, but it could be a big waste of talent thanks to that piece of nonsense.

Dogstar: Oh to heck with their families! lol, jk

Credd7352: Lol, I know I know. I have to hear the album. If its good, I will forget they ever took any time. But if it is merely mediocre, is not very good, or is basically just the same thing as their first album and shows no growth, then I will be left wondering what they were wasting their time doing.

I am, of course, hoping that does not occur.

Agent D
10-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Agent D: Oh I am still really pulling for them. They have a fantastic team, and an AWFUL coachign staff. I mean... Coughlin SUCKS. This year is not dead, but it.

I agree completely.

Creed7352
10-02-2006, 01:47 AM
Agent D: Oh I am still really pulling for them. They have a fantastic team, and an AWFUL coachign staff. I mean... Coughlin SUCKS. This year is not dead, but it could be a big waste of talent thanks to that piece of nonsense.

Credd7352: Lol, I know I know. I have to hear the album. If its good, I will forget they ever took any time. But if it is merely mediocre, is not very good, or is basically just the same thing as their first album and shows no growth, then I will be left wondering what they were wasting their time doing.

I am, of course, hoping that does not occur.

have no fear, my friend. it will show growth. tremonti's playing has grown and myles is helping with the writing on this record :D

uncertaindrumer
10-02-2006, 10:07 AM
^yeah, its the writing I'm really curious about. We all know Mark can shred with anybody but I want to see Myles write, because while Mark's riffs are usually great, his songwriting is... lacking. Myles did some very interesting songwriting with MF4, I hope some of that comes through in the next album.

Dogstar
10-05-2006, 02:35 AM
I loathe the Giants :D...but yeah, Coughlin is too high strung. He needs to chill.

LMAO

Agent D
10-05-2006, 05:44 PM
I loathe the Giants :D...but yeah, Coughlin is too high strung. He needs to chill.

Haha and Andy Reid needs to start running the ball more.;)

Dogstar
10-05-2006, 10:23 PM
LOL, I'm a Patriots fan anyway, but I live in Philly, so they are my NFC team :D.

Agent D
10-06-2006, 03:32 PM
LOL, I'm a Patriots fan anyway, but I live in Philly, so they are my NFC team :D.

Haha oh a Pats fan. Well, do me a favor and flatten the Jets.

Dogstar
10-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Haha oh a Pats fan. Well, do me a favor and flatten the Jets.
Gladly! I cannot stand the Jets.

GregS
10-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Im a Jets fan.. :(

Agent D
10-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Im a Jets fan.. :(

You have my pity.

uncertaindrumer
10-10-2006, 10:05 AM
I used to hate the Jets, but Chad is someone I root for. I root for Byron Leftwich also, though, so that 41-0 spanking was very interesting...

Dogstar
10-10-2006, 06:16 PM
You have my pity.
:nod:

metalchris25
10-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Panthers rule. Nuff said.

uncertaindrumer
10-11-2006, 07:59 PM
The Panthers are not nearly as good as everyone thought they would be, even with Steve Smith. They have not exactly been blowing teams away.

The Bears are clearly the class of the NFL.

Agent D
10-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah, the Panthers were anemic early in the season when Smith was out. When he came back, they started winning games. Amazing how much difference he can make.

The Bears are friggin' amazing right now.

tremonti4life04
10-12-2006, 11:55 PM

I constantly tell her theres something wrong with her, but by golly she just wont listen!!

uncertaindrumer
10-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah. The problem is that if they double cover him... Delhomme throws it to him anyway (See: last year's NFC championship game).

And the Bears gave up 80+ points in their first five games in '85. These bears have given up 36.

Dogstar
10-14-2006, 08:43 PM
I constantly tell her theres something wrong with her, but by golly she just wont listen!!
LMAO!!

HuMaN~ClAy
10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Oh no... got really excited when i seen this topic so big... actually thought there was something new to talk about, but really it's 2 pages of football :(. Scares me when the real fans even get bored talking about them.

Anyone have any idea as to which labels they're considering? That would be interesting to know.

uncertaindrumer
10-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Oh no... got really excited when i seen this topic so big... actually thought there was something new to talk about, but really it's 2 pages of football :(. Scares me when the real fans even get bored talking about them.

Anyone have any idea as to which labels they're considering? That would be interesting to know.

Yeah... It is not good that we are not finding anything to talk about. This is why I say they need to do something. Soon.