Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Bad storm,no power for 4 days,and heat index of 117! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Bad storm,no power for 4 days,and heat index of 117!

JulieCitySlicker
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi Everyone,whats up? Its been a few days since I've posted

Well,this past Wednesday night we got a real wicked storm and we lost power all over St Louis and other parts of Missouri,and some parts in Illinios as well.

The first 2 nights were pure hell because it was so hot here I slept with a soaking wet towel to try to keep cool,didn't work all great though
Right after the storm we couldn't drink the water here at all because it was contaminated. So we had to boil the water first before we could drink it or give it to our pets even.

Illinois got hit worse than we did and they don't have power back up there yet,from what I'm hearing and some here in Missouri are still without power and it may not all be restored until Wednesday or Thursday.

Its been crazy here since this happened! There are people sleeping in their cars or on their porches,and traffic is so heavy here because everyone who is without electricity still are driving around because they don't want to be in their houses.

metalchris25
07-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Sorry to hear that, Julie. I hope it gets better for ya soon. We had a massive amount of rain here today. The streets ditches are still flooded. Nothing like what you have to deal with, though.

bilal
07-25-2006, 01:52 AM
oh.....hope life gets restored to normal soon.......

JulieCitySlicker
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks Chris and bilal:) My electricity finally came back on Sunday sometime,I wasn't home so not sure when it came back.
There are still a lot of people who don't have it back yet though. St Louis has been been crazy! People were fighting over water because they had it turned off for the first day or 2 due to contamination.

Every hotel within 100 miles from St Louis has been soldout ever since the storm and the electricians working on trying to get the power back just checked in to the hotel I work at, and they are working 16-24 hour days trying to get it all restored.

Dogstar
07-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Wow, Julie. I'm sorry for all your trouble, but I'm glad to hear you are OK! I hope things get back to normal for you soon. Man, the intense weather the last few weeks has been nuts.

JulieCitySlicker
07-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Thank you Kerri:hugs: I know,the weather has been crazy:eek: I can't wait until fall gets here and I think that this year I'm actually looking forward to winter:wtf: Hahaha!

Dogstar
07-25-2006, 01:52 PM
LOL, I hear ya. This summer has been brutal, humidity-wise and storm-wise.

JulieCitySlicker
07-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Ya,no kidding:eek: Whats up with that,lol.

metalchris25
07-25-2006, 04:08 PM
The End Is Near! The End Is Near!

bilal
07-25-2006, 10:57 PM
^ haha....you got that right!