Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
For all who were in Chicago [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : For all who were in Chicago

Tremonticized21
12-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Hey
I was at the show Sunday night, and granted, it was less than stellar. I was disappointed, shocked, suprised, and all those other words people have been using. I just want to say that anyone who decides not be a fan of the band anymore is just proving all the critics right and giving them more things to use against the band. It'd be cool just to hear from anyone who was at the show, feelings, reactions, etc. And if anyone was on the floor near tremonti, if you were part of getting that a**hole kicked out, that was hilarious.

Kevin

jimmy2sacs
12-31-2002, 03:43 PM
well, for it being my first concert I dont think it was that bad. Yes Scott was drunk, but alot of people that didnt go to the show think it is alot worse than it was. People were exxagerating what happened because of how they felt. I am disappointed because i have heard of Creed shows being th best thing on earth. I have to say though, i did lose some respect for Scott even though i know all the stuff they've been through, but the rest of the band also went through that and werent drunk as hell on Sunday. I think we deserve some sort of apology or explanation but that night didnt devistate my life, the guy just got drunk. I did expect to see more than him sitting in front of the drums singing most of the songs with his head slumped over, but hey sh*t happens.

creedfreak76
12-31-2002, 05:14 PM
I was at the show Sunday. I was on the floor on tremonti's side, but closer to the walkway. It was my 5th time seeing them this year, but the 1st on the floor. I agree with you about people not being fans anymore. I will be a fan for life. I have seen them at their best and now at their worst. I will say that I was disappointed, but Scott Stapp is human. We all make mistakes!! With any luck maybe they will have a make up concert for us!

CreedFanNoMore?
12-31-2002, 08:26 PM
I think any fan of creed has a just cause to be Pissed. Scott Stapp ruined a concert for everyone. And everyone saying he's just human is B.S. Im human too, and you know what, If i went to work that drunk or high, i'd be fired. and i wouldn't charge people $50 - $100 + to see it either. it was a poor taste of judgement and dissapointed alot of fans. I've seen 5 shows and loved everyone. It will take alot for me to go to another show or buy another cd. Sorry had to vent to the people saying he's human and we shouldnt be angry.

creedfan47a
01-01-2003, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by CreedFanNoMore?
I think any fan of creed has a just cause to be Pissed. Scott Stapp ruined a concert for everyone. And everyone saying he's  just human is B.S. Im human too, and you know what, If i went to work that drunk or high, i'd be fired. and i wouldn't charge people $50 - $100 + to see  it either. it was a poor taste of judgement and dissapointed alot of fans. I've seen 5 shows and loved everyone. It will take alot for me to go to another show or buy another cd. Sorry had to vent to the people saying he's human and we shouldnt be angry.

I think we all agree that the fans in Chicago have a right to be angry. But to say that it will take a lot for you to go to another show or buy another CD?? What kind of Creed fan are you?? If I had been there, I would definitely have been disappointed, but I know that one mistake on their part would not destroy the enormous love and respect I have for them and their music.

Yes, we are all human, including Scott, and I'm sure that if you did go to work pissed, you would be fired. But do you have to live your life under a microscope like he does? Do you have all your emotional and family problems advertised on the internet and in newspapers for the whole world to see? He has been under ENORMOUS pressure this year and I think he has handled it all pretty well. Give the guy a break.

CreedFanNoMore?
01-01-2003, 11:42 AM
He also chose this life, and he knew when he chose it that his life is under the microscope. and he also chose to get pissed as you say, right before a concert. which happend to be for a large sum of fans, who by the way, made him what he is today. What he does on his own time, i dont care about, or even care to read about. but when he does this to fans, its poor judgement. Do you know that churches bus in people from around the city to see them, that they actually sit through bands like local H, to see creed cause they are a god fearing band, and have that message in their music. and now they have to explain to people that this person who portrays such a positive image in that respect, that he is drunk or high because of some of lifes problems. your just another person makin excuses for celebraties (if you will) to do what they want. THEY CHOOSE THIS LIFE. YOU MAKE YOUR BED. NOW YOU LIE IN IT.

TeriB19
01-01-2003, 11:54 AM
originally posted by CreedFanNoMore?
It will take alot for me to go to another show or buy another cd. So because Scott screwed it up for you, you will disregard the incredible talents of Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips and Brett Hestla? Scott isn't the only member of the band. You know, it's not like he came down from the stage and slapped you or slashed your tires. I understand the Chicago people feel ripped off and pissed off, but to state that you are going to turn your back on the band over this one issue, how much a fan were you to begin with?

Tremonticized21
01-01-2003, 04:55 PM
It seems to me that people are being a bit unfair to the band as a whole. As someone said earlier, Scott Stapp is not by a long shot the most talented member of that band. I think that yes, I'm disappointed in Stapp as a singer, but am I pissed at the band? not really. You could tell throughout the show that Tremonti and Phillips were just as confused as the rest of us. I don't tihnk that because Stapp was drunk one night that I'm going to boycott buying cd's made by the band.

Dogstar
01-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Do you know that churches bus in people from around the city to see them, that they actually sit through bands like local H, to see creed cause they are a god fearing band, and have that message in their music.

This is what irks me about so-called *church* people. What on God's green earth gives *god-fearing* people the right to expect anyone to be PERFECT???!??!?!?! I'm sorry for the caps, but this really gets under my skin. This hypocritical attitude is one of the main reasons I don't belong to organized religion anymore. People, God-fearing or otherwise ARE HUMAN! We ALL make mistakes and should be given the chance to atone for them.

Yes, he did choose his life, but don't we all? He knows the consequences of his actions just as many of us do. It isn't always easy to listen to your conscience. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Enough already!

hotforscott
01-01-2003, 09:48 PM
I must say that I don't feel ripped off or pissed one bit. I LOVE the band, all of them, and that means seeing Scott, or any of them at their best and at their worst. My sister had never seen them before and said it was the best show she had ever been to. I knew it wasn't the best I had been too, but well worth it in my opinion. They have a way about them that draws people in and I think that is incredible talent. If Scott never ever broke down, then I would wonder what he was "taking", but he shows his ups and downs and I appreciate that. It let's us know all about him and I am loving every bit of it. I just got back in town an hour ago, partied it up for NYE, but I was so excited to read Teri's review. I am so happy for you guys who were there. Talk about a way to start off the New Year.

This post was not a reply to anyone in particular, just a general post.

I am gonna visit with my family, haven't seen them in days, but I will return soon.

I need to catch up on Creed Fest details, and also the Creed Feed shirts. Anything new posted?????????

I am SOOOOO Behind.

Congrats to the band for all their accomplishments. Congrats to Teri, Dogstar, Aimee and Kboo for making it to such a KICK ASS show, I should have went there from Chicago and went to the show.

Carrie

TeriB19
01-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Carrie, you are the greatest!! Thank you for shining a new perspective on a really bad situation. From the posts here over the last few days, you would think an atomic bomb went off instead of pyro at the show. I am not making light of the problems, but at least there's one voice to be heard to say she's not jumping ship. Rock on Carrie! And enjoy your time with family.

JenRN
01-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
This is what irks me about so-called *church* people. What on God's green earth gives *god-fearing* people the right to expect anyone to be PERFECT???!??!?!?! I'm sorry for the caps, but this really gets under my skin. This hypocritical attitude is one of the main reasons I don't belong to organized religion anymore. People, God-fearing or otherwise ARE HUMAN! We ALL make mistakes and should be given the chance to atone for them.  

Yes, he did choose his life, but don't we all? He knows the consequences of his actions just as many of us do. It isn't always easy to listen to your conscience. Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. Enough already!

You have proved again why you are such a cool person!:rolleyes: :D

hotforscott
01-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Thanks Teri, I feel so loved tonight!
I was about to die when I read all the negativity.
Those people were quick to boo at the first thing that went wrong at the show and I think if I were Scott I wouldn't have felt too great either. It would have made me want to perform less then perfect as well if I heard booing. Sadly the boos out-did my screams of support. I think that Scott has done so much for us, we can do something for him. He needed us during that show and all the crazies were so quick to judge that he couldn't hear the fans that see past those "bad days", but I must say that he has his head on straight and that is why he Rocked Philly. He knows what is going on and is not gonna let them get the best of him. I haven't had 1/4 of the things go wrong in my entire life that Scott has had just this past year alone and I have had "bad weeks". One less then perfect show after all that has gone on with them. ROCK ON STAPP, you are stronger then I am!!!!!!!!!!

TeriB19
01-01-2003, 10:34 PM
YOU ROCK, CARRIE!!

Dogstar
01-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks so much, Jen :)....
And hotforscott, YOU RULE. Thank you for one of the most sensible posts I have seen on this subject.

creedfan
01-02-2003, 10:51 AM
So hotforscott, I didn't see you in line at the show? Where were you?

By the way, I forgot to tell everyone I had a few beers with guys from StereoFuse the night before the show. They are pretty cool guys.

CreedFanNoMore?
01-02-2003, 11:50 AM
This is where each of you are hypocrits. and here's why. I've never said im turning my back on the band, i just said i would need a lot of convincing to see another show. ive read all your posts and read words like we're praying for you scott, and i love scott, and we still love you. Do each of you think he or the band really care about your prayers for them and that your writing in a BB to praise them for a bad show. Personally i dont, but if you do, here's where the hypocrit in all of you comes in. Cause if he cared that much then he would not of done what he did. Human ? i love these posts. He can be human when hes not wasting others time or money. until then, dont talk to me about human. and for the Dogstar, your position on organized religion has nothing to do with this. Read the post and what it says. When and if he apologizes for what he did, then you can talk to me about atonement and god fearing people being perfect. besides, no one said he should be or ever will be perfect. as soon as you people get your lips off Stapps A@@. you can talk to me about being a fan. its people like you who put these people on a pedestal when things are good, but the minute something goes wrong, they shouldnt be on that pedestal any more and there just human. NOW HERES MY CAPS, TO ERR IS HUMAN. BUT ALSO REALIZING WHEN YOUR ERRORS HURT OTHERS AND MAKING THAT RIGHT, IS A BEING BETTER HUMAN.

Dogstar
01-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Do each of you think he or the band really care about your prayers for them and that your writing in a BB to praise them for a bad show. Personally i dont, but if you do, here's where the hypocrit in all of you comes in. Cause if he cared that much then he would not of done what he did. Human ? i love these posts. He can be human when hes not wasting others time or money. until then, dont talk to me about human. and for the Dogstar, your position on organized religion has nothing to do with this. Read the post and what it says. When and if he apologizes for what he did, then you can talk to me about atonement and god fearing people being perfect.

You opened the door about church people going to the show. I read your post, I know what it says and I don't give a flying sh** that you think my view on organized religion isn't relevant. You opened the door, and I felt the need to walk through and comment on what I think is a hypocritical attude.

No, I really don't think the band cares about my prayers or what I say on BB. But I like to think I have a little compassion for people who are struggling in their lives. I have never put the band on pedestal. I don't *worship* them, it's the music I enjoy.

Human? Don't you talk to me about human, either, because it's apparent you have trouble with what that word means. Your total lack of compassion is what is totally fricken wrong with our country.

I absolutely agree he should apologize and give a make-up show at some point. He let down a ton of people, but I stand by everything I have said, whether I attended the show or not.

CreedFanNoMore?
01-02-2003, 02:57 PM
Ok dogstar, you want the gloves off you got em. First, i mentioned church in one sense and one sense only, that was for the fans that go to creed concerts for the reason of the word in creeds music (see the difference) i was talking about fans going to show, i didnt bring in any religous views of my own. Second, my lack of compassion ? im talking about the thousands of fans who saw a sad show on sunday night and kids and adults alike. yet i dont have compassion. thats rich (you didnt even go to the show and your ripping people for being upset about a poor showing of band) and the pedestal comment was not yours, it was for the people who come on these boards praising creed as is they were the second coming of christ. but when bad is done, they dont want them on that same pedestal they put them on in the first place. and dont talk to me about wrong with the country, this is a post about a concert gone wrong, and your comparing my attitude towards a band like its a world issue. I dont know who rattled your cage but keep it to a minimum eh. If you want to discuss whats wrong with the world today im sure we can find a forum. until then, when you actually go to a concert and experience what this post is talking about. then you can talk to me. you talk about hypocritical, your quoting the fact he who is without sin cast the first stone, what on earth are you doing to people who share my comments and feelings about this subject. HYPOCRIT ! take a look in the mirror.

TeriB19
01-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Ok dogstar, you want the gloves off you got em. First, i mentioned church in one sense and one sense only, that was for the fans that go to creed concerts for the reason of the word in creeds music (see the difference) i was talking about fans going to show, i didnt bring in any religous views of my own. Second, my lack of compassion ? im talking about the thousands of fans who saw a sad show on sunday night and kids and adults alike. yet i dont have compassion. thats rich (you didnt even go to the show and your ripping people for being upset about a poor showing of band) and the pedestal comment was not yours, it was for the people who come on these boards praising creed as is they were the second coming of christ. but when bad is done, they dont want them on that same pedestal they put them on in the first place. and dont talk to me about wrong with the country, this is a post about a concert gone wrong, and your comparing my attitude towards a band like its a world issue. I dont know who rattled your cage but keep it to a minimum eh. If you want to discuss whats wrong with the world today im sure we can find a forum. until then, when you actually go to a concert and experience what this post is talking about. then you can talk to me. you talk about hypocritical, your quoting the fact he who is without sin cast the first stone, what on earth are you doing to people who share my comments and feelings about this subject. HYPOCRIT ! take a look in the mirror. You need to back off "creedfannomore". First of all, if your screenname is true, then leave, no one is forcing you to stay here and deal with all we HYPOCRITES (spellcheck, it's useful). You brought up churchgoing people, Dogstar didn't. She just posted about the fact that people, whether they be god-fearing church goers or not, should NOT expect anyone to be perfect. The fact is that everyone makes mistakes. Yes you saw a bad show Sunday, yes he was in no condition to perform. I'm guessing by your total lack of compassion for the band that you've never gotten drunk and made an ass out of yourself or you've made mistakes and had not been forgiven for them. No one is saying we don't care or have compassion for the thousands of fans who were screwed out of a good show. I believe we've all made that clear in dozens of posts. We are sorry for you guys. But we're also sorry for the members of Creed who WEREN'T messed up Sunday night who had to cover for Scott. And we are also sorry for Scott who is dealing with a boatload of bullcrap in his life.

CreedFanNoMore?
01-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>You need to back off "creedfannomore". First of all, if your screenname is true, then leave, no one is forcing you to stay here and deal with all we HYPOCRITES (spellcheck, it's useful). You brought up churchgoing people, Dogstar didn't. She just posted about the fact that people, whether they be god-fearing church goers or not, should NOT expect anyone to be perfect. The fact is that everyone makes mistakes. Yes you saw a bad show Sunday, yes he was in no condition to perform. I'm guessing by your total lack of compassion for the band that you've never gotten drunk and made an ass out of yourself or you've made mistakes and had not been forgiven for them. No one is saying we don't care or have compassion for the thousands of fans who were screwed out of a good show. I believe we've all made that clear in dozens of posts. We are sorry for you guys. But we're also sorry for the members of Creed who WEREN'T messed up Sunday night who had to cover for Scott. And we are also sorry for Scott who is dealing with a boatload of bullcrap in his life. </b>

Now you, ok. if you read my screenname correctly, it has a ? at the end of it. its tongue and cheek with what has happened in the last week. though i wouldnt expect you to get that. NO ONE, AND THAT MEANS NO ONE, SAID ANYONE WAS PERFECT. YOU IDIOT. I GUESS YOU DONT READ THE POSTS EITHER. if your gonna Criticize people on their posts, i suggest you read them all. and again with the lack of compassion. your good. i have gotten drunk and made an ass. but i also didnt do it front of thousands of fans who i charged $50 + to see it. and since your so good and quoting my posts, why dont you find the first couple where i say i totally hate the band and disrespect them. cause theres not one. cause all that was said was there was a disapointment, and the fact that i personally would need some convincing in going to another concert ( like an apology maybe, or a make up concert) see people like you with the lack of common sense, like to see what you want and not whats going on. if your gonna paraphrase people, then do it right and read everything they write. you sir or madam, are a complete imbecile. at no point during your post did you come even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. and everyone is dumber for having to read it. just give love to all eh ? practice what you preach. im assuming you choose that line for a reason. yet your gonna jump down my throat with baseball shoes on.

souldancer
01-02-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>You need to back off "creedfannomore". We are sorry for you guys. But we're also sorry for the members of Creed who WEREN'T messed up Sunday night who had to cover for Scott. And we are also sorry for Scott who is dealing with a boatload of bullcrap in his life. </b> Yeah..and I am sorry this is the way our 2003 is starting out on this board.

CreedFanNoMore...I get defensive when you attack my friends here, and I really have trouble with this line..."TO ERR IS HUMAN. BUT ALSO REALIZING WHEN YOUR ERRORS HURT OTHERS AND MAKING THAT RIGHT, IS A BEING BETTER HUMAN." - is there some judgement day that has passed on this....and who is deciding how and when Scott/Creed/Windup should 'make that right'. Patience. With all these emotions flying, I am wondering if some folks would hear or could be satisfied at all - or if they would just rather rage on. I pray (yes, I do) that this will be history in a month.

souldancer
01-02-2003, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CreedFanNoMore?
[B] YOU IDIOT. | QUOTE]
I wish you would take your name calling and hate off this board! Discuss points but, really...

TeriB19
01-02-2003, 04:03 PM
YOU IDIOT. I GUESS YOU DONT READ THE POSTS EITHER.

see people like you with the lack of common sense, like to see what you want and not whats going on.

you sir or madam, are a complete imbecile. at no point during your post did you come even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. and everyone is dumber for having to read it.

You are a Creed fan. I am a Creed fan. You don't need to name call. Yes you are angry. Why take it out on me? Why not email Wind-up? Why not e-mail Creed? Take your frustration out on the person who did this to you. Why do you need to call me or anyone else names because we are sticking up for someone who obviously needs help? Have I called you a name? No. I'd appreciate your knocking that off.

Am I an idiot? Maybe I am, for even bothering to post a reply to you, but you bashed my very good friend. I'm not going to sit back and watch you bash the people on this board because you're pissed off at Creed.

Fr3ak
01-02-2003, 04:18 PM
Why dont you all calm down, dogstar, and teri, creedfannomore?. Reading these posts i see one thing, and you guys dont agree with creedfans point of view, you dont have too. your telling him/her to go email creed, or windup bout his/her problem. its a not a problem, its a feeling, just like the rest of this board. why are you here then teri, why dont you write everyone else. cause this is a place for people to share their creed experiences, and cause you dont agree with this one, you gang up on em. enough is enough. and souldancer, when other people start in with the rage, what are other suppose to be. point the finger in the right place. dogstar started in on the rage, creedfan didnt need the idiot comment and teri shouldnt even started in. i have a question ? does anyone know when to stop ? doesnt seem that way. id like to know one thing, how old you 3-4 people are.

Fr3ak
01-02-2003, 04:34 PM
you know reading this post from the start, i see creedfannomore venting, not to one person but just generally. then dogstar and teri and others jump like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat. Whoa, who said that ? anyway.

souldancer
01-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Fr3ak
like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat. Whoa, who said that ? anyway. I don't know who said that..but I know that there are times when cats chase their own tails. No point - just a distraction.

TeriB19
01-02-2003, 05:44 PM
why are you here then teri, why dont you write everyone else. I've been here for almost a year supporting Creed. And I've already written to the necessary people to let them know that the fans in Chicago are angry and deserve an apology at the very least.

creedfan47a
01-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Why the heck does every basher on here single out Teri for their crap?????? :grr: It makes me sooooooo mad!!!!! :grr:

hotforscott
01-02-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by creedfan
So hotforscott, I didn't see you in line at the show? Where were you?

By the way, I forgot to tell everyone I had a few beers with guys from StereoFuse the night before the show. They are pretty cool guys.

We left the hotel got lost as crap on the way there. It was NOT fun asking people for directions. We ended up eating and doing all kinds of stuff before we made it there. It was late before we got line. We were FAR BACK in line because it was so late. I wanted to be there real early. I had so many mean people give me directions to the show I was almost scared to start looking for people from the BB. People looked at me like I was an airhead or something everywhere that I went. Plus it was SOOOOOO cold and crappy and rainy. I was not used to that at all and I was in shock most of the time. Where did you end up inside the show? We weren't too far back. Did they let you park your truck up there? Were you as upset with the show as some of the others on here. It seems there are a lot of newbies posting about the show, to me they are over-reacting a bit. I mean, he was obviously drinking, but who doesn't. I am able to overlook it as an experience. It wasn't the best, but none of us have any idea what happened to him that night so I am just gonna move on. I so woulda loved to be in Philly though too.

You are so lucky to have met stereofuse.

Dogstar
01-02-2003, 08:00 PM
... dogstar started in on the rage, creedfan didnt need the idiot comment and teri shouldnt even started in. i have a question ? does anyone know when to stop ? doesnt seem that way. id like to know one thing, how old you 3-4 people are.

FYI, Fr3ak, if you read the posts, Creedfannomore? brought up the churchgoing people and I posted my opinion on it, simple as that.. There was no *rage* in it as you say, just my irritation at the comment. The rage came from Creedfannomore?. By the way, I'm quite calm, thank you. I did not take issue with Creedfannomore?'s disappointment, anger, whatever about the Chicago show. I agreed Stapp should apologize and Creed should do a make-up show. I took issue with this person's pointing out that churches bus kids and adults in to hear a *god-fearing* band, as if they should be held to some higher standard. Creed have said time and again that they are not a Christian band. They are a rock band, end of story. People see what they want to see in their music, and that's fine. What bothered me was the sometimes unrealistic expectations of some church-type people, that is all. And my comment was not an *idiot comment*.

Creedfannomore?, I don't *want the gloves off*, as you say. I'm not here to fight. I posted my opinion on something you posted, and you did same, but there's no need to get so nasty about it. Your tone with me and Teri really wasn't necessary. And I'm sorry that your tongue-in-cheek ? at the end of your screen name did not translate in the written word. That happens sometimes.

So lay off Teri and my other friends here. We're not idiots and we really don't need the childish name-calling.

Fr3ak
01-02-2003, 08:51 PM
I know creed has said they're not a christian band, but they portray a alot of christian like messages if you will in they're music. and thats why some church going people like them, i think thats all creedfan was trying to explain. that all kinds were at that show and it affects people differently. maybe god fearing was a bad choice of words, but tell me you dont think at the very least, stapp is a god fearing man. if you know the history. thats all that was being mentioned. and the rage came from you guys jumping on him about those comments. you took those words and made them into something they werent. and teri , bcause you've written to the proper channels, does that make you better, and your here supporting creed. thats your way. why are you to judging people on how they support or care for a band. just seems ridiculous. all of it.

Fr3ak
01-02-2003, 09:00 PM
just to point it out dogstar, i said creedfan didnt need the idiot comment, that means if you read, he didnt need to say the idiot comment.

Dogstar
01-02-2003, 09:26 PM
.... but tell me you dont think at the very least, stapp is a god fearing man. if you know the history. thats all that was being mentioned. and the rage came from you guys jumping on him about those comments. you took those words and made them into something they werent.

I disagree with you on you last statement here, but I guess we can agree to disagree and move on.

I do know the history, and though he was brought up by a strict pentecostal minister, he has said in the last few years that he and his band mates follow their own paths to spirituality. In one interview I read, Scott Stapp said he'd never step foot in a church these days. That's not to say he isn't God-fearing, just not into religion, perhaps. I'm pretty sure he believes in God. Everyone interprets music and lyrics differently. That's the beauty of the music.

TeriB19
01-02-2003, 11:55 PM
and teri , bcause you've written to the proper channels, does that make you better, and your here supporting creed. thats your way. No, it doesn't make me better. It makes me feel that I'm informing the people who may actually be able to DO something about the situation.

hotforscott
01-03-2003, 06:20 AM
I feel that religion is a set of rules that society has placed on us.
I think people interpret the Bible in different ways and that creates religion. The band has made it very clear that you can interpret the lyrics however you want. If the spiritual side comes out to you in the music, so be it. People are gonna have different views on the lyrics, hence the other threads, but I feel that Teri and Dogstar were defending themselves from someone who was trying to bash the members of this board and the members of Creed. The bashing could be going on in several threads and we don't know the whole story, some people like to attack at all different angles, I think that if you don't know Teri or Dogstars intentions in their post, you should ask them before making judgements like someone thinks they are better or whatever. You can't put words in peoples mouths.

creedfan
01-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by hotforscott
We left the hotel got lost as crap on the way there. It was NOT fun asking people for directions. We ended up eating and doing all kinds of stuff before we made it there. It was late before we got line. We were FAR BACK in line because it was so late. I wanted to be there real early. I had so many mean people give me directions to the show I was almost scared to start looking for people from the BB. People looked at me like I was an airhead or something everywhere that I went. Plus it was SOOOOOO cold and crappy and rainy. I was not used to that at all and I was in shock most of the time. Where did you end up inside the show? We weren't too far back. Did they let you park your truck up there? Were you as upset with the show as some of the others on here. It seems there are a lot of newbies posting about the show, to me they are over-reacting a bit. I mean, he was obviously drinking, but who doesn't. I am able to overlook it as an experience. It wasn't the best, but none of us have any idea what happened to him that night so I am just gonna move on. I so woulda loved to be in Philly though too.

You are so lucky to have met stereofuse.

I got to all-state around 2pm that day with about 2 gallons of hot coffee. As the sun got lower, it got colder! I couldn't feel my toes or my face eventually. The cops came to all-state during the day about 5 times warning all of us to not get rowdy or we're going to jail. They even had a paddy-wagon parked near us just in case. Rosemont cops are pricks.

I ended up about 10 feet from Tremonti. To be honest, since this was my first Creed concert, I was still impressed in many ways. Ok Scott was drunk..so freakin what? Thats how I looked at it. Don't get me wrong, I know he wasn't his best...but they'll be back.

I should of given you my cell number and I would of given you directions. When you ask people in Chicago for directions, they act like idiots sometimes.

Dogstar
01-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Wow, Creedfan, I thought the Philly cops were bad;) . We didn't get any threats from the cops, just security when it got close to getting in the doors. People started pushing forward and one guard screamed that no one would get in if the pushing didn't stop. We also lucked out on the weather. It could have been a lot colder and rainier. I think it got up to the high 40s and the sun was even out for a while. I know Chicago can get pretty cold. I'm glad you still managed to enjoy the show despite all the crap! And you're right. They will be back.

Hotforscott: Thank you and well said. You hit the nail on the head.

creedfreak76
01-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Hey creedfan I think I was right behind you in line!!! You gave us a cup that you weren't using. I talked to you for a little while.

Anyways, I still love CREED and always will.

TeriB19
01-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Creedfan and creedfreak 76, thanks for showing your support. It's nice to read some nice things about the show. I know Scott was messed up, but I'm glad you could see some positives out of so many negatives. Thank you!:)

creedfan
01-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by creedfreak76
Hey creedfan I think I was right behind you in line!!! You gave us a cup that you weren't using. I talked to you for a little while.

Anyways, I still love CREED and always will.

Yep that was me!! Cool, I know someone on this board!

creedfreak76
01-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Your welcome TeriB. I am a die hard loyal CREED fan and will always be. I will admit that I was a little disappointed, but this was the first time I have ever had floor seats of the many times I have seen them and being on the rail and that close to them was well worth my money!!!

Yes Creedfan it was the coffee thing that I remembered you for! It is very cool to know someone on this board!!

ROCK ON CREED!!!!

robo74
01-03-2003, 10:16 PM
I see alot of posts on this thread saying that people should be loyal, and people will make mistakes.. yada yada...
But some of these people posting said nothing about being at that show and I dont feel they can honestly voice there OPINION.
you may ask, "Rob, why is opinion in caps?". Simple, because thats all that we are trying to voice and vent here. The Creed concert pissed people off as well as hurt some dedicated fans.
Are we supposed to be forgetful and not say anything? Well im not, I want to voice my opinion. Im sorry if some of you felt attacked, I am sure creedfannomore? really didnt meant anything to personal, he/she just had a opinion to vent and probably felt attacked as well. No body knows where Creed or their people read, so why not vent on some boards on the net. Why not send some emails out to the official Creed site, why not notify some people so we can get a message accross to Scott, let him know how his loyal fans and investors are feeling. I know everyone on this board are prolly good people, but please be aware that us people who are unhappy need to vent!

Thanks
Rob

TeriB19
01-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by robo74
<b>"Rob, why is opinion in caps?". &nbsp;Simple, because thats all that we are trying to voice and vent here. &nbsp;The Creed concert pissed people off as well as hurt some dedicated fans.</b>
We understand that. But can you understand that we cannot do anything about it here on this bb? And for those of us who did not have the misfortune of being there, maybe we can't understand just how pissed you are. But everyone converging on the bb with the same opinions and then attacking us for not understanding got really old really fast. Sorry.

Why not send some emails out to the official Creed site, why not notify some people so we can get a message accross to Scott, let him know how his loyal fans and investors are feeling. &nbsp; This is my point.

robo74
01-03-2003, 10:56 PM
We are sending emails and using boards such as these. within time ar vents will wear off, but for now we all need patience.
Rob

TeriB19
01-03-2003, 11:20 PM
I understand completely Rob. My only point was that we were inundated with disgruntled Chicago fans, and as if that weren't bad enough (hearing how bad it was) we also had several Creed haters come on board at the same time. It was almost getting hard to tell the difference. I know it'll take time to get over it. Sorry for your experiences.

hotforscott
01-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by creedfan
I got to all-state around 2pm that day with about 2 gallons of hot coffee. As the sun got lower, it got colder! I couldn't feel my toes or my face eventually. The cops came to all-state during the day about 5 times warning all of us to not get rowdy or we're going to jail. They even had a paddy-wagon parked near us just in case. Rosemont cops are pricks.

I ended up about 10 feet from Tremonti. To be honest, since this was my first Creed concert, I was still impressed in many ways. Ok Scott was drunk..so freakin what? Thats how I looked at it. Don't get me wrong, I know he wasn't his best...but they'll be back.

I should of given you my cell number and I would of given you directions. When you ask people in Chicago for directions, they act like idiots sometimes.

I know, we should have exchanged numbers. That is cool that you met someone from the board though. That was my 3rd show, and I am looking forward to many more. Creed just rocks. I cannot wait for the DVD as well. Live concert footage and hopefully let us know what has been up on and off the scene this past year. I am very anxious for it.

robo74
01-04-2003, 11:50 AM
DVD?!?!? Please clue me in here....please :-)

Thanks!
Rob

hotforscott
01-04-2003, 11:54 AM
A DVD is to come out sometime this year. They have been taping footage for it, etc. There are some some threads about it I think and also it's on the opening page of CreedFeed in the News, too.

robo74
01-04-2003, 11:59 AM
ahhhhh ok, thank you for the info. I have a wonderful SO that would enjoy it as much as I do, so I need to make sure we pick that up.

Thanks!
Rob

hotforscott
01-04-2003, 01:48 PM
I know, I cannot wait until a release date comes out. I will be counting down the days.

JenRN
01-04-2003, 11:35 PM
That DVD is gonna Rock!!!!! I wonder what they are gonna have on it? I hope it is a lot of concert footage and some back stage stuff!!!!

hotforscott
01-05-2003, 12:28 AM
Me, too. I like the goofing off backstage stuff and the live performances ROCK!

luvscott4ever
01-05-2003, 01:37 AM
videos....give me videos!!! :)

Dogstar
01-05-2003, 01:39 AM
Luvscott, you have to come on here more often because I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! LOL, sorry for the caps, he always gets me carried away...I want live concert footage and lots of it. I can't wait for the DVD. I'm going to preorder it for sure.

luvscott4ever
01-05-2003, 02:00 AM
Luvscott, you have to come on here more often because I LOVE YOUR AVATAR! LOL, sorry for the caps, he always gets me carried away...I want live concert footage and lots of it. I can't wait for the DVD. I'm going to preorder it &nbsp;for sure.

Thanx, I kinda like (love) it too!! He's soooo hot in it!! Yeah, I'd love concert footage too...maybe we'll even be on somewhere from the Ft Wayne show!! As for coming on more often, I'd love to, but man...talk about things getting out of control around here...I used to spend most of my free time (which is quite a bit) on this board, almost always having a good time, but all this fighting drives me NUTS!!! All these new people coming on, calling people names and they don't even really know us!! You are some of the coolest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet and know..and you get some of these people who don't have a clue as to the kind of people you are...well, needless to say I get a little (alot) pissed off and makes me want to just forget the whole thing...but, I enjoy most of the posts from all who get along!! Sorry so long, but this was my time to VENT!!!
;) :) :angel: :D

Dogstar
01-05-2003, 02:06 AM
Don't let the b***ards get you down, luvscott. We would miss you too much! :crying:

robo74
01-05-2003, 02:31 AM
I'll certainly extend my apologies to anyone that felt offended by anything I said, I certianly did not mean to direct my fustrations and anger towards anyone on the board. However, I certainly can relate to many of the people that have vented on this board. I know I am new, but I never had to make a complaint about Creed before, so that is why i searched for pleaces to go, specially since the creed site was down. I will try to be a regular here now that I know this board exists. Everyone seems cool, and I think that is a great thing, specially since I am involved on the internet so much.

Rob

souldancer
01-05-2003, 03:18 AM
Don't let the b***ards get you down, luvscott. We would miss you too much! :crying: That's right - we miss your bright, cheerful spirit here ! :angel:

Dogstar
01-05-2003, 03:29 AM
It's cool, Robo, no harm, no foul. I can certainly understand the need to vent. Welcome aboard and stick around. It really is a fun place. Discussion can get, um, *spirited* at times, but it's all because most of those who post are passionate about the band.

TeriB19
01-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by robo74
I'll certainly extend my apologies to anyone that felt offended by anything I said, I certianly did not mean to direct my fustrations and anger towards anyone on the board. &nbsp;However, I certainly can relate to many of the people that have vented on this board. &nbsp;I know I am new, but I never had to make a complaint about Creed before, so that is why i searched for pleaces to go, specially since the creed site was down. &nbsp;I will try to be a regular here now that I know this board exists. &nbsp;Everyone seems cool, and I think that is a great thing, specially since I am involved on the internet so much.

Rob Apology accepted Rob. We all really do understand everyone's frustrations, but we started to feel like we were getting persecuted for trying to be positive. It was really harsh for a few days, but thankfully the worst seems to be over. Please stick around and enjoy your stay. We really are a nice bunch of people once you get to know us.

Kim V.
01-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to say that not all *church* people are like that - hypocritical, I mean. I used to think right after I became a born-again Christian, I had to try to be as perfect as I could. I quickly found out that's not the way to walk out your Christian life at all! God is so loving, forgiving, merciful, with such grace for situations where we are not very "Christian-like", in other words, we are supposed to aspire to act as Jesus did, but no one but Jesus is perfect and without sin. So when we fall, and we surely will, God is right there to forgive us! God's already forgiven Scott, and everyone else should as well. He is just human, messes up sometimes (and given what has happened to him this year alone, I don't know how he's managed other than alot of prayers for strength, and by God's grace). Scott has great faith, and God will carry him and the whole Stapp family through this valley they are in. PEACE