Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Alter Bridge Attacks [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge Attacks

Mrprophetman
06-16-2006, 09:31 PM
This is all over VH1 and MTV....Strange that its not posted here.

From MTV and VH1 . com
http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1534436/06152006/alter_bridge.jhtml

Living Things Say They Were Attacked Onstage By Alter Bridge, Band's Crew

Singer says band — which features three ex-Creed members — threw flag at drummer, trampled guitarist.

by Gil Kaufman

Living Things singer Lillian Berlin is used to people taking issue with his Bush-bashing stage patter. Hell, three years ago at the Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas, he got pistol-whipped and nearly shot by three men outside the club because of his comments.

But the provocative band's singer thought he might be safe from attack onstage, especially in the bastion of neutrality that is Switzerland. 'Fraid not, Lillian.

The 26-year-old singer/guitarist said his brother, drummer Bosh Berlin, 21, and the band's touring guitarist, Corey Becker, were attacked and beat up onstage Wednesday night during a show at the Rohstofflager club in Zurich, Switzerland, by the crew of the band Alter Bridge and at least one member of that band. The Alter Bridge camp is refuting those claims.

"We were in the middle of our second song, and I had some stuff to say about the current administration and the way they're handling the Iraq war," Lillian said. "The Swiss were all behind us, and the crowd was cheering me on. I was talking about this letter I got inviting me to a Democrat-bashing dinner at the White House. And we went into our fourth song, and some goon from that Creed band [Alter Bridge features three former members of Creed] came out swinging an American flag and then threw it at our drummer, Bosh."

Lillian said he thought the interloper was an excited member of the audience so he ignored him, but then on the other side of the stage, Becker was being "trampled" by two Alter Bridge crew workers and a member of the band, whose name Lillian said he didn't know.

"I was still unaware at this point that these weren't crowd people, so I started screaming for security to get them offstage," Lillian said. "The only reason I knew it was a guy from that band was because I met him backstage, and he had some sports team's ski cap on."

Alter Bridge are the band that was formed by three former members of Creed — guitarist Mark Tremonti, drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall — and ex-Mayfield Four singer Myles Kennedy after Creed's dissolution in 2004.

A spokesperson for headliner Alter Bridge — who recently parted ways with their label, Wind-Up Records — denied the Things' version of the incident. In a statement issued Thursday night (June 15), the band stated, "Alter Bridge was not happy that this band chose to deliver anti-American statements to their audience.

"However, no Alter Bridge bandmembers were onstage, and their crew was in their designated working areas during this supposed incident. Alter Bridge thinks this is just a weak attempt by the opening band to drum up press for themselves. Alter Bridge will have no further comment on this as they are finishing up their extremely successful European tour and returning shortly to the U.S. to start work on their second album."

A source close to Alter Bridge even said it was the Living Things who started the fight backstage.

Lillian said the Living Things were forced to abandon the gig less than halfway through. As his band walked backstage, Lillian said, Alter Bridge and their crew yelled, "We love America," at the bandmembers, and a woman in their entourage said, "I love where I'm from, and you are shameful." According to Lillian, Bosh has a black eye and an injured left hand that made it difficult for him to play during the band's gig in Austria on Thursday, and Becker has black-and-blue marks on his neck from being choked, a black eye and a swollen nose.

Lillian has made a habit of speaking his mind during the band's shows, burning pictures of President Bush onstage using a pistol-shaped lighter and pretending to flog women in dominatrix gear while wearing a Bush mask (see "Living Things Make Political Point With Guitars, Blow-Up Dolls"). The group's 2005 Ahead of the Lions album is also full of incendiary songs like "Bombs Below" and "Bom Bom Bom," but Lillian said he never imagined another band would attack him onstage for "exercising our freedom of speech."

The two groups shared a bill again on Thursday at the Nova Rock Festival in Nickelsdorf, Austria, but Lillian said he did not see any members of Alter Bridge all day.

BobbyMcGee
06-16-2006, 10:21 PM
but Lillian said he never imagined another band would attack him onstage for "exercising our freedom of speech."

Not taking sides here, but it is interesting how these bands seem to grow balls when they are in foreign countries: example DIXIE CHICKS....oh wait they are chicks right?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But..............if this was Stapp that was involved it would be over all over the press!:confused:
________
Hormone Problems Advice (http://www.health-forums.org/hormone-problems/)
________
Wendie 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

eusebioCBR
06-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I only support violence in cases of self defence or to protect others.

Yet I'm so tired of the political views of entertainers:( . The opinion of an actor or singer is of no value to me. Most of them are pretty screwed up anyway.:eek:

Okay I guess I'm going with tenuous approval of Alter Bridge, if it did happen.

Creed7352
06-17-2006, 03:12 AM
it was ab crew, not band members that fought.

bilal
06-17-2006, 04:12 AM
sily....

geletmote
06-17-2006, 05:00 AM
there not angelsthere rokstars just let em do watever they want gee

Mrprophetman
06-17-2006, 12:25 PM
A member of the band claims that one of those that attacked was a member of the band, because he had met him earlier. If I am to believe everything the media writes about Stapp...same goes for Alter Bridge. Maybe they should keep a little tighter rein on the crew. I wonder if alcohol was involved in any way?

Don't care if they are rockstars (and I use that term loosely) that doesn't give them the right to beat the shit out of somebody whose views they don't share. If you can beat someone who makes a statement you don't agree with, then what makes us any different than people who burn down buildings and kill people all over a cartoon published in a Danish newspaper? Its referred to as "law and order"....living in a civilized world. They have a right to be disgusted and pissed, but not to beat up anybody.

Mrprophetman
06-17-2006, 12:32 PM
I only support violence in cases of self defence or to protect others.

Yet I'm so tired of the political views of entertainers:( . The opinion of an actor or singer is of no value to me. Most of them are pretty screwed up anyway.:eek:

Okay I guess I'm going with tenuous approval of Alter Bridge, if it did happen.

What's your view on Pearl Jam then? I hear their entire new album is basically a slam on Bush, and the current state of political and world affairs.

eusebioCBR
06-17-2006, 01:00 PM
What's your view on Pearl Jam then? I hear their entire new album is basically a slam on Bush, and the current state of political and world affairs.

I don't like it, the music mostly.

I like SYSTEM OF A DOWN, but I still think they're full of excrement:)

I hope the day never comes that I would be taking a rock stars opinion as gospel.

Agent D
06-17-2006, 02:48 PM
I was just about to post this when I found it at VH1.com.

I think it's a load of bull. The frontman of this Swedish band didn't even know AB's name and couldn't/wouldn't identify which band member of Alter Bridge was involved. Sounds like they're just trying to get some publicity by being both political and trashing AB in the news.

Wylde-Tremonti
06-17-2006, 05:12 PM
there not angelsthere rokstars just let em do watever they want gee
Are you Suggesting that "rockstars" are above the laws of society?

Creed7352
06-17-2006, 08:40 PM
well, i think it should be known that the singer wasn't up to his usual antics on stage...several fans at the show and other people tied to ab have the same story about how the singer was saying that the u.s. sucks and that american's suck and he hates america and americans can suck him off. quite different than bashing bush or saying how you're against the war, no?

ETA: being an american myself, if someone tells me i suck and he hates me and i can suck him off, i'm gonna be pissed too and quite frankly, i'd punch the fucker in the face too.

eusebioCBR
06-17-2006, 09:06 PM
well, i think it should be known that the singer wasn't up to his usual antics on stage...several fans at the show and other people tied to ab have the same story about how the singer was saying that the u.s. sucks and that american's suck and he hates america and americans can suck him off. quite different than bashing bush or saying how you're against the war, no?

ETA: being an american myself, if someone tells me i suck and he hates me and i can suck him off, i'm gonna be pissed too and quite frankly, i'd punch the fucker in the face too.

:clap: USA, USA, USA, USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent D
06-18-2006, 12:38 PM

He certainly had it coming then if this is the case.

Ana4Stapp
06-18-2006, 03:22 PM

Calls it Democracy....;)

Steve
06-18-2006, 03:30 PM
The frontman of this Swedish band...

Just a note: the band is not from Sweeden. They are from St. Louis, USA which makes them even more assholes than they are already portrayed to be.

Ana4Stapp
06-18-2006, 03:31 PM

From MTV and VH1 . com

Singer says band — which features three ex-Creed members — threw flag at drummer, trampled guitarist.

by Gil Kaufman

Living Things singer Lillian Berlin is used to people taking issue with his Bush-bashing stage patter. Hell, three years ago at the Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas, he got pistol-whipped and nearly shot by three men outside the club because of his comments.

But the provocative band's singer thought he might be safe from attack onstage, especially in the bastion of neutrality that is Switzerland. 'Fraid not, Lillian.

The 26-year-old singer/guitarist said his brother, drummer Bosh Berlin, 21, and the band's touring guitarist, Corey Becker, were attacked and beat up onstage Wednesday night during a show at the Rohstofflager club in Zurich, Switzerland, by the crew of the band Alter Bridge and at least one member of that band. The Alter Bridge camp is refuting those claims.

"We were in the middle of our second song, and I had some stuff to say about the current administration and the way they're handling the Iraq war," Lillian said. "The Swiss were all behind us, and the crowd was cheering me on. I was talking about this letter I got inviting me to a Democrat-bashing dinner at the White House. And we went into our fourth song, and some goon from that Creed band [Alter Bridge features three former members of Creed] came out swinging an American flag and then threw it at our drummer, Bosh."

Lillian said he thought the interloper was an excited member of the audience so he ignored him, but then on the other side of the stage, Becker was being "trampled" by two Alter Bridge crew workers and a member of the band, whose name Lillian said he didn't know.

"I was still unaware at this point that these weren't crowd people, so I started screaming for security to get them offstage," Lillian said. "The only reason I knew it was a guy from that band was because I met him backstage, and he had some sports team's ski cap on."

Alter Bridge are the band that was formed by three former members of Creed — guitarist Mark Tremonti, drummer Scott Phillips and bassist Brian Marshall — and ex-Mayfield Four singer Myles Kennedy after Creed's dissolution in 2004.

A spokesperson for headliner Alter Bridge — who recently parted ways with their label, Wind-Up Records — denied the Things' version of the incident. In a statement issued Thursday night (June 15), the band stated, "Alter Bridge was not happy that this band chose to deliver anti-American statements to their audience.

"However, no Alter Bridge bandmembers were onstage, and their crew was in their designated working areas during this supposed incident. Alter Bridge thinks this is just a weak attempt by the opening band to drum up press for themselves. Alter Bridge will have no further comment on this as they are finishing up their extremely successful European tour and returning shortly to the U.S. to start work on their second album."

A source close to Alter Bridge even said it was the Living Things who started the fight backstage.

Lillian said the Living Things were forced to abandon the gig less than halfway through. As his band walked backstage, Lillian said, Alter Bridge and their crew yelled, "We love America," at the bandmembers, and a woman in their entourage said, "I love where I'm from, and you are shameful." According to Lillian, Bosh has a black eye and an injured left hand that made it difficult for him to play during the band's gig in Austria on Thursday, and Becker has black-and-blue marks on his neck from being choked, a black eye and a swollen nose.

Lillian has made a habit of speaking his mind during the band's shows, burning pictures of President Bush onstage using a pistol-shaped lighter and pretending to flog women in dominatrix gear while wearing a Bush mask (see "Living Things Make Political Point With Guitars, Blow-Up Dolls"). The group's 2005 Ahead of the Lions album is also full of incendiary songs like "Bombs Below" and "Bom Bom Bom," but Lillian said he never imagined another band would attack him onstage for "exercising our freedom of speech."

The two groups shared a bill again on Thursday at the Nova Rock Festival in Nickelsdorf, Austria, but Lillian said he did not see any members of Alter Bridge all day.
:rolleyes: Calls it publicity....to both bands....

nagpo
06-18-2006, 04:24 PM
idiots..all of them.

eusebioCBR
06-18-2006, 05:31 PM
idiots..all of them.

celebrities are!:D

Agent D
06-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Just a note: the band is not from Sweeden. They are from St. Louis, USA which makes them even more assholes than they are already portrayed to be.

Whoa, my mistake then. I must've misread the article. That makes it even worse.

Dogstar
06-19-2006, 01:43 AM
This is really sad if people are kicking the crap out of others for their opinions.

Creed7352
06-19-2006, 04:20 AM
i'm sure there was more to it than just opinions...maybe the dude tossed them an american flag after the comments and the drummer or whoever had the flag thrown at them talked shit? we don't know all of those details just yet, and may never know.

Robin101
06-19-2006, 08:44 AM

From MTV and VH1 . com

And we went into our fourth song, and some goon from that Creed band [Alter Bridge features three former members of Creed] came out swinging an American flag and then threw it at our drummer, Bosh."

If it was a member of AB, who do you think it was?

Wylde-Tremonti
06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Mother F***er... That Makes me even more angry... Just goes to show you how Crappy the music scene is here in St. Louis... :pukey: It's all a bunch of Gay emo bands and Idiots... I'm horribly ashamed that they're from here... damn... Makes Me Want To Kick Some ASS!:mad1:

titan9
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
If it was a member of AB, who do you think it was?

My first thought was Brian. It's a crazy thing to do, and I think Brian would be the one to go out on stage and do something about some idiots bashing the U.S.

But when I read the part about a "team skull cap" on the head of the member who supposedly attacked the lead singer of this other band, I thought it might be someone else. Maybe Tremo or Flip? I'd be shocked if it's Myles.

Of course, I'm just speculating as we do not know for sure that everything went down as this singer says. Like others in this thread have said, there is a good possibility that Living Things' lead singer is just trying to drum up some publicity for his rather unknown band. Who knows if a member of AB was even involved? Maybe it was just the crew.

Still, this whole thing gave me, well, a good chuckle. I'm used to reading about this sort of stuff regarding Stapp, but Mark, Flip, Brian and Myles? It's certainly different, lol.

All of this aside, if everything mentioned in the article actually happened, I don't know whether to be disappointed that AB attacked, or proud of them. Personally, if I were in their shoes, I would not have attacked the other band physically. I would have went out on stage and got on a mic and gave them a piece of my mind. I am proud, though, that AB stood up for their country and their beliefs. I would have done the same myself, just not physically attacked the idiots. :D

And for the record, I am a fan of Pearl Jam's new album. :D

Chase
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Alter Bridge fights for my rights as an American! Yay!

Ana4Stapp
06-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Alter Bridge fights for my rights as an American! Yay!

Using violent methods???:eek: Oh....but for someone who support wars...its normal...k:rolleyes:

Sorry...but I couldnt resist:D

Chase
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Using violent methods???:eek: Oh....but for someone who support wars...its normal...k:rolleyes:

Sorry...but I couldnt resist:D

Alter Bridge didn't use violence according to Mark's brother. ;)

Ana4Stapp
06-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Alter Bridge didn't use violence according to Mark's brother. ;)
:rolleyes:
Oh... I see....but seriously... I wasnt there ...ok?;)

J-Man
06-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Ana, if you are going to post information and speculate - get your facts right. I know this was posted, but Miss Ana missed out.

A letter from AB found on Alterbridge.com

The Opening Band

As some of you may know, claims have been made that Alter Bridge band members and crew attacked an opening band on stage during their set in Zurich, Switzerland the night of June 14, 2006. That is simply not true. Anyone who knows or has worked with the Alter Bridge band members or crew members knows that these allegations are preposterous. Alter Bridge regrets that we have to give this matter any attention at all since we view this as an obvious attempt to gain publicity by a band trying to manipulate headlines for their own gain. Therefore, we will not mention the name of said band but will instead call them “The Opening Band.”

On that night, the fine line between artistic freedom and misdirected ignorance was crossed and as Americans and musicians, the members of Alter Bridge are both offended and embarrassed. Alter Bridge fully supports every American’s right to free speech. We are not happy that this band chose to spew such unintelligent drivel to our fans, but we do support their right to freedom of speech. If any band chooses the stage to address their political views and to take shots at the current U.S. Government that is their right. However, it is not their right to slander our country and its people in the process. With freedom also comes responsibility – to the truth and to freedom itself. We believe that if you choose to make a political statement, at the very least you have an obligation to be intelligent and informed. When a person speaks from ignorance, that person diminishes the very message he or she is trying to convey and tarnishes the very freedom he or she supposedly supports. We believe The Opening Band spoke from ignorance that night, and has subsequently lied and embellished the events in support of that ignorance while doing interviews about this incident.

We apologize that we must explain further, but we feel it is necessary in order to properly put this whole ordeal in context. During this so-called “political statement” The Opening Band repeatedly yelled “Fuck America! Fuck America! I Hate America!” and their singer eventually digressed further to shouting “America can suck my cock!” Regardless of anyone’s political views this is simply ignorant, offensive, and unacceptable. Alter Bridge and our crew stood up for America that night, and we will stick up for ourselves now in explaining this situation.

A fight did happen on stage that night, though no Alter Bridge band members were involved. The band members were in their dressing room, thankful to have a few feet of concrete between their ears and The Opening Band’s music. For many years, Mark Tremonti has draped his guitar rig prior to shows with an American flag cover. When The Opening Band went into their anti-American diatribe that night, one of Alter Bridge’s technicians pointed at that cover with pride. Upon seeing this, members of The Opening Band immediately charged him. To be clear on this, our crew member was attacked for pointing at a symbol of the very freedom that allows free speech! It is ironic and sad that a band who claims to be making statements against war while hiding behind freedom of speech is so quick to commit violence against someone else simply exercising that same right. It is tragic that war exists, but we believe that activism is about trying to motivate change in order to better whatever cause you support. Are we to believe that The Opening Band actually expects to change the world for the better by demanding that an entire nation perform fellatio on them?

After The Opening Band members charged, our crew member was forced to defend himself. Another member of our crew was forced to protect Alter Bridge’s equipment, as one of the Opening Band members went straight for Mark’s guitar rig in attempt to pull out cables and render the equipment incapable of playing the show that night. Classy move, did they ever stop to think of the audience? Obviously not, as we can also see from their singer’s statement that when the melee ensued, “I was still unaware at this point that these weren’t crowd people [on stage], so I started screaming for security.” Even the singer could not claim that anyone in the audience was a fan of The Opening Band, but “crowd people?” We believe that quote speaks volumes about who this band is. We also dispute his claim that, “The Swiss were all behind us and the crowd was cheering me on.” The crowd could not have cared less when The Opening Band took the stage, nor did they care when they left the stage early. What is true is that a member of The Opening Band was screaming backstage “I guess now we’ll have to sue you,” leading us to wonder if this whole sordid stunt was pre-meditated. It is also true that during the incident, a member of The Opening Band was heard on stage shrieking, “My hair!!! Oh no, not my hair!!!” Last, we have read that the drummer for The Opening Band has a black eye and a sore hand that effected his playing at the next day’s show. That is simply not true, but then very little of what The Opening Band has reported is true. We know it is not true because we saw him at the festival the next day. From the accounts we have heard, the drummer was not even involved in the incident. Don’t just take our word for it though. If anyone would like to see first-hand accounts of the incident, please visit the message boards at www.alterbridgeband.net.

The Opening Band’s singer was quoted in an article as saying, “Some goon from that Creed Band came out swinging an American flag and threw it at our drummer,” which begs the questions: Are you so arrogant, ignorant, and self-absorbed that you do not even know what band you are opening for? Creed broke up nearly 3 years ago. Or have you already figured out, so early in your career, that you have no hope of becoming successful without these type of antics? How long did it take you to work the word “Creed” into your draft as an attention-getting technique before you repeatedly called MTV News in attempt to create controversy for your own gain? Are you that desperate to be a rock star? Alter Bridge has some news for you - that’s not “Rock & Roll.” That’s a cheap parlor trick you can learn in any remedial marketing class. It has become obvious to us that almost every article written about The Opening Band discusses controversial incidents yet very few actually mention their music.

In closing, we ask that no one try to take any of this too seriously, as it only plays to The Opening Band’s desire to manipulate the facts and the press to create controversy and we would hate to see such cheap attempts actually succeed in getting them any ink. Alter Bridge has always chosen to conduct our business in a somewhat private manner, in a way that is unobtrusive to our fans and to our music. To us, music is about the emotions it inspires and its ability to bring people together not the negativity it can spread or the ways it can drive people apart. And we try to remind ourselves that every band is entitled to a few Spinal Tap moments. We do find humor and irony in the fact that “The Opening Band” is from St. Louis, U.S.A., yet chose Switzerland, the most neutral country on Earth, to spout international political rhetoric as a segue into starting a fist-fight!!!!

- Alter Bridge

titan9
06-20-2006, 02:55 PM
^ The thing is, you never know for sure who is telling the truth of the matter. Case in point the whole 311/Stapp thing. Remember how 311 immediately came out and said Stapp started the fight? Immediately, EVERYONE took 311's side. It seems 311 were not telling the whole truth as a security guy(who apparently saw it on tape) said Stapp was jumped and that 311 started it. Just an example at what I'm trying to get at.

As far as we know, there is no video footage of this supposed "fight" between Alter Bridge and Living Things. Basically, it is Alter Bridge's word versus Living Things' word. As far as we know, there is no concrete proof to support either Alter Bridge's or Living Things' side of the story. I guess it all comes down to which side you believe. I would like to think that Alter Bridge is telling the truth, but there is no proof that this is the case. For all we know, one of the guys from Alter Bridge DID go out there and beat up some dude.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Ana's "speculation" about Alter Bridge reacting with "violence"(attacking a dude) as nothing has been proven and there are no concrete "facts". There is only Alter Bridge's side of the story and Living Things'. We don't know for sure who is telling the truth and what exactly went down. All we can do is form opinions based on what we've heard.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge Alter Bridge fan and thoroughly support these guys. But, in this case, I'm trying to take the unbiased approach.

Agent D
06-20-2006, 08:03 PM
It probably shouldn't have been reported at all. It's news about nothing.

Creed7352
06-20-2006, 09:48 PM
actually, there's the fans...they saw it too and have all said no member of ab was in the fight.

titan9
06-20-2006, 10:40 PM
I haven't read any first-hand accounts myself, so I have no idea what the fans have said. If what they're saying is true(and I believe it is), then that dude from the "opening band" is a lying, un-American jerk.

J-Man
06-21-2006, 10:50 AM
OMG! Read the AB Letter. Geez, you want first hand accounts? GO TO ALTERBRIDGEBAND.NET and see for yourself.

titan9
06-21-2006, 12:21 PM
I've read the AB letter(I read it before you even re-posted it). And ABB? Who's to say there's no bias there? I'm a member there and I have read things, so I do know what I'm talking about. Tell me, if this were Stapp, would you believe everything PBF'ers said? I'm willing to bet you wouldn't, which is a double standard, something I don't subscribe to. I take what is said with a grain of salt, be it from ABB or PBF. I do not take everything that is being said as the honest to God truth. Because who is to say what the truth is? Who is to say who is lying in this situation?

I do not appreciate the way you talked to Ana(a respected member), who was only voicing HER opinion, which is why I posted anything in the first place. It appears Ana and I think the same--we do not believe everything that is coming out about this whole thing. That doesn't make us non-fans of AB, nor does it make us idiots. It only means that, hey, we aren't going to believe everything that is coming out. That's our prerogative.

Dogstar
06-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Yep, there are always two sides to every story. Exercising freedom of speech can lead to some pretty ugly comments sometimes, but that is a function of that right. There are better ways to stick up for an opinion than violence.

titan9
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
^ Agreed, which is what my whole point was.

J-Man
06-21-2006, 01:37 PM
I see your point, but if you do further research, you will see that there were other accounts from audience members that stated the same things. AND you will also find that the "Opening Band" have done this rant from past shows.

You can't compare AB w/ Stapp - entirely different morals. Besides, why is it that Stapp's name always come up when it has nothing to do with him? He's old news. Ana was trying to say that the AB band members were involved, well they weren't, that is why I put the post up. I never called anyone an idiot nor did I say they are non-AB fans. That was YOU not me. And lastly, if I disagree or can provide some "evidence" to something - I CAN DO SO. I don't care who's been on here longer or posted more (just shows they have more time on their hands). If the person is misinformed - I AM ONLY TRYING TO ASSIST.

Dogstar
06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
(just shows they have more time on their hands).
It could be just good time management skills :D

titan9
06-21-2006, 03:19 PM
You can't compare AB w/ Stapp - entirely different morals.

Gotta love the judgment there, eh? Yeah, Stapp's done a bunch of ridiculous things, but I find it hilarious that people are so quick to convict Stapp and yet so ready to take what AB says as the absolute truth. All I'm saying is this is a double-standard, something I find quite funny. I personally take what both sides say with a grain of salt. Who knows who is telling the truth and who is not?

Besides, why is it that Stapp's name always come up when it has nothing to do with him? He's old news.

It was merely an example on my part of the double-standard thing.

Ana was trying to say that the AB band members were involved, well they weren't, that is why I put the post up.

If you looked closely enough at her posts, you'd see she was merely joking around with Chase. If you've seen the debates those two have had in the Politics forum, you'd get the joke.

I never called anyone an idiot nor did I say they are non-AB fans. That was YOU not me.

I felt like your post disrespected Ana. And I said so. I never called anyone an idiot, simply said that I felt like you were disrespecting those of us who don't take AB's side as the complete truth.

And lastly, if I disagree or can provide some "evidence" to something - I CAN DO SO. I don't care who's been on here longer or posted more (just shows they have more time on their hands). If the person is misinformed - I AM ONLY TRYING TO ASSIST.

There's a huge difference between being misinformed, posting an opinion and joking. Ana probably DID see that post from AB, considering it has a thread of its own here. I doubt you reposting that same post changed Ana's opinion at all. Secondly, how do we know that everything AB said is the truth? We don't, which was my point all along. I just love how people can take AB's word as the gospel, yet dismiss every single thing Stapp says as lies. I refuse to live by that double-standard--even if I am a huge fan of AB.

It could be just good time management skills :D

Exactly. I've been here for a year and a half. I have nearly 2,000 posts not because I have a ton of time on my hands(which I don't because I am incredibly busy with my hectic life off the PC), but rather that I post when I see something that interests me. I can find a tiny bit of time in my day to make a few posts here and there.

bilal
06-21-2006, 03:32 PM
^wow......

i wish AB or even its crew was not involved in any such things...they could have simply used theri share of stage time to protect their country's interest...but who cares.......i love AB music and thats enough for me...the world is full of idiots and i wont be surprised if one or 2 of them is in AB or in its crew....or in the opening band that night.....the worst we can do is to use music , the sould food (as brian's T-Shirt says in the MOP CD cover), mixed with poly-tics.....

Bridge of Clay
06-22-2006, 12:34 AM
http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2006/06/2005.cfm

Creed7352
06-22-2006, 01:29 AM
no one is taking ab's word as gospel...i fucking hate the fact that every stapp lover/fan has to come out and say "oh it's a double standard this and a double standard that.." no, it really isn't. i listen to both sides and form my own opinions based on that, for both bands. sounds to me that some are taking the living things side of the story as the truth and not ab's. ab doesn't deny a fight, they deny that a band member was in the fight.

ab was backstage preparing for their set. how could they be in a fight? michael and more than one fan said no band members were in the fight. one of the fans was up on the balcony for the show so he had a better view than those in the pit and he said no band member was in the fight. mark plays guitar for 4-6 hours everyday, playing up until 5 minutes before going on stage for ab's set. so, mark wasn't the "unidentified" band member. myles warms his voice up before the set. wasn't him either. flip stretches his arms/forearms/plays on a practice pad to get his wrists loose. wasn't him. brian stretches his forearms as well. wasn't him. the band as a whole sits down to go over the setlist and they do their little pow wow type thing to get each other all pumped up before their set.

RockGoddess
06-22-2006, 08:00 AM
The only thing I have to add: the first hand accounts were mostly from people who had never been to abband before. They just came to tell what they saw.

I could totally understand a healthy amount of skepticism if there were only LT's and AB's version of the events. But there seems to be a number of first hand accounts by people who have nothing to gain.

In the end, it's unfortunate that it had to take place at all.

titan9
06-22-2006, 12:11 PM
no one is taking ab's word as gospel...i fucking hate the fact that every stapp lover/fan has to come out and say "oh it's a double standard this and a double standard that.." no, it really isn't. i listen to both sides and form my own opinions based on that, for both bands. sounds to me that some are taking the living things side of the story as the truth and not ab's. ab doesn't deny a fight, they deny that a band member was in the fight.

Stapp lover/fan? I consider myself strictly a fan of his music, but more of an AB fan. I just think it's ridiculous how some people will quickly take AB's side, yet quickly dismiss everything that Stapp says.

I'm not taking either side's story as the truth. I'm forming my own opinions. At the moment, I believe AB's side of the story.

ab was backstage preparing for their set. how could they be in a fight? michael and more than one fan said no band members were in the fight. one of the fans was up on the balcony for the show so he had a better view than those in the pit and he said no band member was in the fight. mark plays guitar for 4-6 hours everyday, playing up until 5 minutes before going on stage for ab's set. so, mark wasn't the "unidentified" band member. myles warms his voice up before the set. wasn't him either. flip stretches his arms/forearms/plays on a practice pad to get his wrists loose. wasn't him. brian stretches his forearms as well. wasn't him. the band as a whole sits down to go over the setlist and they do their little pow wow type thing to get each other all pumped up before their set.

Never did I say that they were in the fight. All I did was defend Ana when someone here, I felt, insulted her opinion. That's it, nothing more than that. For the record, I do believe that no AB band members were involved in the fight. I'm not denying that.

Creed7352
06-23-2006, 04:44 AM
then that wasn't directed at you man...it was for those that keep saying ab was involved etc..they weren't.

and i didn't say you were a stapp lover, just put that cause it seems that stapp lovers and fans do that. i was just expressing my feelings on this subject as i've read what people have been posting on a few different sites and i just happened to post here.

Bridge of Clay
06-23-2006, 10:02 AM
people will quickly take AB's side, yet quickly dismiss everything that Stapp says.

Well, a reason for that is AB doesn't have a past of fights and confusion while Stapp does.

The next time, God forbid, AB is envolved in a polemic like that, people won't be so kind.

Many defended Stapp, including myself, back in the day until he insisted on getting the wrong headlines...

Edit: Not directed towards anybody, it's just an overall impression of facts.

titan9
06-23-2006, 11:42 AM
and i didn't say you were a stapp lover, just put that cause it seems that stapp lovers and fans do that. i was just expressing my feelings on this subject as i've read what people have been posting on a few different sites and i just happened to post here.

Well, I'm not a Stapp lover(a fan, yes, but I will not defend stuff outside of his music), and yet I'm saying this stuff. Guess it doesn't always apply, eh? :D

Well, a reason for that is AB doesn't have a past of fights and confusion while Stapp does.

The next time, God forbid, AB is envolved in a polemic like that, people won't be so kind.

Many defended Stapp, including myself, back in the day until he insisted on getting the wrong headlines...

See, I'm not so sure about that. I'm not so sure people won't be so kind, that they won't give AB the benefit of the doubt. Because I think a lot of people will, which I think....well....I just think people should really look at things subjectively and make up their mind after hearing everything, from both sides. I know there are some(and not you guys) who are going to take AB's side no matter what, even if it does appear that they are guilty. I'm not necessarily talking about this whole thing, but I'm talking about things that could happen in the future.

I just wish people would look at Stapp's mistakes(and God knows there will be more in the future) with an unbiased, subjective viewpoint. Which is something that I definitely have not seen over the past year or two.

I'm not saying that you should automatically convict AB or Stapp when something negative happens to either, or that you should treat what Stapp says as the truth. All I'm saying is that everyone(myself included) should try to be a bit more open, a bit more subjective, when it comes to discussing anything negative that happens to AB or Stapp.

Creed7352
06-23-2006, 02:57 PM
i agree, in a perfect world they would look at things that way, but it's far from a perfect world...lol. people are people and that just won't happen, unless it's someone that is not involved in either ab or stapp's music careers (by involved i mean a fan, casual listener, someone who's read all the stories or heard them on stapp, etc...). it just won't happen.

ETA: because of all the shit that's happened with this group of 4 people over the last 10 years, people are just so used to defending them and quick to do it that it's just a natural reaction to automatically jump on here or other bb's and defend them.

titan9
06-23-2006, 08:29 PM
^ Quite true. I've gotten past the point where I defend anything outside the music(for both Stapp and AB). I think you probably know why. :laugh:

Chase
06-23-2006, 09:09 PM

Edit: Not directed towards anybody, it's just an overall impression of facts.

I honestly believe that Brian Marshall has a few skeletons in the closet. Nothing against him, I love the guy... however, he's the one that I could see getting into a scuffle.