Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Bye bye Wind-Up Records! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Wind-Up Records!

MackaN
04-28-2006, 11:49 AM
taken from blabbermouth.net

ALTER BRIDGE have announced that they have terminated their recording, publishing, and merchandising agreements, effective immediately, thereby severing all of the ban's contractual relationships with Wind-Up.

"We're very excited about concluding this chapter in our lives and focusing on the future,” explains Grammy Award-winning songwriter and guitarist Mark Tremonti. "We have been working on new material for quite a while and now we can finally start looking at everything that needs to be done so we can release a new record soon."

ALTER BRIDGE's fan base has sustained the band through what they consider to be a very difficult time. Singer/songwriter Myles Kennedy explains, "I was the new guy back when we first started but it was obvious the relationship with Wind-Up was strained from the very beginning of ALTER BRIDGE and it just got to the point where neither side could work together. We asked Wind-Up to release us from our contracts shortly after our first album came out. Thankfully, we were finally able to negotiate terms acceptable to both sides."

The band is already making plans to record the follow up to their first album, the gold-certified "One Day Remains", which debuted at No. 5 on The Billboard 200 chart its week of release. ALTER BRIDGE has not made any decisions on how or with whom they will be releasing their second album. "It's a brand new world for us right now," explains drummer Scott Phillips. "It's especially surreal for Mark and me to be considering all of ALTER BRIDGE's options at this point since he and I have been under contract with Wind-Up since 1997. We've gotten some very interesting calls but until we officially terminated the deals with Wind-Up, we couldn't really think about our future too much," Phillips added.

Under the Termination Agreement, ALTER BRIDGE now owns a large quantity of their live recordings and studio recordings. The band is currently planning a spring 2007 release date for their next studio album. However, there may be a live album released before then. Phillips commented, "We have some great material from our live shows around the world that I think our fans would really enjoy so we may put out a live album on our own while we're working on the next record."

ALTER BRIDGE has kept a conspicuously low profile in the United States since a brief tour with 3 DOORS DOWN and STAIND in October of 2005. During this period, the band chose to cope with their struggles with their former label by working on things that were important to them and that were under their control such as touring, writing, spending time with their families, and negotiating for their release from Wind-Up. "It's been very difficult to keep quiet and not be able to tell the world what's been happening behind the scenes," says bassist Brian Marshall. "We have the greatest fans in the world and we can't wait to get back on stage and thank them for their loyalty and sticking by us." Tremonti added, "We'd love to be able to share some of the new music with our fans. In the past, we've always had to consider leaks and label opinions with new material but there are very few rules for us right now so we're keeping all of our options open."

ALTER BRIDGE will be returning to Europe in June for more headlining shows and festival dates featuring METALLICA, TOOL, GUNS N' ROSES, and ALICE IN CHAINS. "European fans are intense!" says Tremonti. He added, "We've always had a good relationship with our record distributor outside of North America (Sony/BMG), so we concentrated on touring in Europe and with their help we were able to develop a great fan base."

A lot of the difficulties ALTER BRIDGE has encountered are attributable to the band members' history as part of CREED and facing others' agendas to keep the CREED business alive. "There are a lot of people who believed that CREED would get back together. It didn't help that some people tried to portray that to the public and even push for it behind the scenes," states Tremonti. "But with this termination, I think everyone will realize that CREED is officially in our past. CREED will never exist as a band again. We've moved on and we hope that everyone else can move on too," he noted.

Phillips added, "Everything happens for a reason and maybe this was just meant to be. It was tough in the beginning of ALTER BRIDGE because of all of the questions about CREED and our past lives. We just wanted to focus on ALTER BRIDGE and the music but maybe we also needed that time to become the band we are today. I know that right now, I'm happier and more excited than I've ever been in my career," says Phillips. "We realize we're always going to get asked about the past but there's just a lot of bad memories for us with CREED," Marshall says. He added, "CREED was a successful band for many years and there are some really rare recordings in the vaults, so there may still be future releases. I don't think any of them will come out for a long time but that's not really my call. The only thing I can say is that if there's ever a CREED release that the former members are involved with and proud of, you'll know."

Upcoming ALTER BRIDGE shows:

May 23 - The Swamp - Ft. Walton Beach, FL
May 26 - Floyd's Music Store - Tallahassee, FL
May 31 - Weststadthalle - Essen, Germany
Jun. 02 - Rock Im Park Festival - Nuremberg, GER
Jun. 03 - Rock Am Ring Festival - Nurburgring, GER
Jun. 04 - Pinkpop Festival - Landgraaf, NETH
Jun. 06 - The Astoria - London, UK
Jun. 07 - Wulfrun Hall - Wolverhampton, UK
Jun. 09 - ABC - Glasgow, UK
Jun. 10 - Download Festival - Donington, UK
Jun. 11 - Solus - Cardiff, UK
Jun. 14 - Rohrstofflager - Zurich, SWI
Jun. 15 - Nova Rock Festival - Nickeldorf, AUT

This is fuckin great

J-Man
04-28-2006, 12:03 PM
This is great news!!! http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002424783

Måne
04-28-2006, 12:04 PM
This is great! :D

Dogstar
04-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Oh happy day!! Thanks for posting this. This is fantastic news and it's about fricken time. Damn, I wish they were touring in the US this year, though. I can't wait to hear their new material.

The Lithium
04-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes, finally! The best thing that could happen to this band right now! Although I had already figured out they were leaving Wind-Up, I didn't expect the official news this soon!

Bye, bye Screw-Up!

Rocketqueen
04-28-2006, 12:47 PM
i,ll just agree it was to long to read,

Bridge of Clay
04-28-2006, 12:48 PM
finally!!! =)

The Lithium
04-28-2006, 12:51 PM
And nice to see we are already 3 swedes in this thread. 1 Brazillian and 2 Americans!

Sweden rule all! ;) (But AB)

King Oropher
04-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Finally. GOOD BYE WIND UP!!!!!!!!!!

Rocketqueen
04-28-2006, 01:02 PM
:) you lit sweedishhhhhhhhh meatball you i want to melt you with swiss chocolate HAAAAAAAAAA

Felipe_Brazil
04-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Good Bye Wind-up!!!

King Oropher
04-28-2006, 01:16 PM
CREED was a successful band for many years and there are some really rare recordings in the vaults, so there may still be future releases. I don't think any of them will come out for a long time but that's not really my call. :eek: Love to hear those songs :smokin:

Bridge of Clay
04-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Good Bye Wind-up!!!
make it 2 Brazilians now! :D

The Lithium
04-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Yet, Sweden rule all! ;)

Bridge of Clay
04-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Wait until Wlad and Ana come here. bleh! =)

titan9
04-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Definitely great news. Especially the part about a potential live album, as well as some unreleased stuff from Creed. :D Here's hoping that if/when AB signs with a new album, they get the promotion they deserve.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the new studio album and whatever tour dates are scheduled in Michigan. Bring it on! :D

Felipe_Brazil
04-28-2006, 02:31 PM
i love windup....:D :mad:

HuMaN~ClAy
04-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Na na na na... Na na na na... Hey Hey Hey.. GOOD BYE!!! Wahoo!! this is amazing news! :banana:

i think we all knew it was coming, but it's just so good to hear an official announcement!

and all i have to say is bring on that live cd!!! :jam:

guitardude1985
04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Goods news, however some things come to mind. 1, Will AB create their own label or find another corperate conglomerate who could potentially or not exploit them diminishing their shimmer? 2. What will be of the second album now that wind-up is out of the picture? I mean without wind up there is no push for a creedlike radio freindly single. I think this shall play out to be quite an interesting ordeal, and I hope this does not spell the end for AB now that a questionable tie with a major label could erode things.

Anybody?

Dogstar
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I don't know. Perhaps they can work out a better deal for themselves now that they are bit older and wiser and have seen what the labels do. Maybe they will find another avenue to get their music out. Sadly, the labels seem more interested in selling image rather than music.

RMadd
04-28-2006, 04:20 PM
this is great news! seemed like WU was only stifling creativity &, more than likely, album sales. hopefully Submersed will go with 'em too.

oh, snap. +1 for the Americans, biyatches.

Agent D
04-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Kickass news. This has literally made my day.

Bridge of Clay
04-28-2006, 05:40 PM
As the interview says, they have a bunch of labels knocking on their doors. I'm pretty sure they'll pick the best deal as possible. They have the priviledge to choose a label.

cariocawlad
04-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Whoooohoooooo...these are really amazing news. And a live album before the studio album...Caraca!! I'm really happy tonight!!

Peace.

P.S: One more Brazilian! Let's rock this boards, Marcos! Ana!

Unforgiven Fan
04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
:dancing: WOOT!!! finally...maybe this will be the begining off better days for alter bridge but I do not want to jinx it...but this is good news...hopefully they can snag a good deal from a decent record company now, it is going to be intresting on what kind of sound they are going to go for now since they do not have windup holding them back...:thewave:

nagpo
04-28-2006, 06:14 PM
good news indeed

bilal
04-28-2006, 06:33 PM
congrats every body..............woooo hoooo!

sure its exciting time for the band................but i was hoping for a new videos.............i wonder if the band has the right to that .............but i would surly love to see COUPLE of more vidoes from ODR.......it STILL desreves the un-given promotion...........!!!

Higher_Desire
04-28-2006, 07:41 PM
taken from blabbermouth.net
A lot of the difficulties ALTER BRIDGE has encountered are attributable to the band members' history as part of CREED and facing others' agendas to keep the CREED business alive. "There are a lot of people who believed that CREED would get back together. It didn't help that some people tried to portray that to the public and even push for it behind the scenes," states Tremonti. "But with this termination, I think everyone will realize that CREED is officially in our past. CREED will never exist as a band again. We've moved on and we hope that everyone else can move on too," he noted.

"We realize we're always going to get asked about the past but there's just a lot of bad memories for us with CREED," Marshall says. He added, "CREED was a successful band for many years and there are some really rare recordings in the vaults, so there may still be future releases. I don't think any of them will come out for a long time but that's not really my call. The only thing I can say is that if there's ever a CREED release that the former members are involved with and proud of, you'll know."

that is really great news! there's been a lot of negative stuff going around about wind-up for quite some time in dealing with many of their artists.

i'd hate to be a stick in the mud, but i wonder if any of this has to do with the fact that scott stapp is still with wind-up. is the ab guys' animosity to stapp so hard that they just don't want to be under the same label has him or chance running into the studio with him or something?

i do, however, love the two ideas spoken of about the possibility of an ab live album before their next studio release and a creed disc of some sort however far in the distant future it may be. the band is over, but the memories, the fans, and the music, are forever.

H-D :pimp:

ABYanks
04-28-2006, 07:45 PM
The band is currently planning a spring 2007 release date for their next studio album.

..............................ima forget about them for a while

Bridge of Clay
04-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Not at all, Colin.

Problem is if you analyze all that happened, you'll notice both Stapp and AB didn't get promoted the way they should, coz the label assumed "hey, maybe if they fail... they'll get back together and be successful again".

Stapp even got more promotion, but still... TGD was released last year, we're in May already (ok, end of April) and no news of a new single.

Creed was Wind-Up's cash cow.

Now Ab won't be pressured to make Creed-like songs.

GregS
04-28-2006, 09:04 PM
I heard bout this earlier , kickass news.
I hope RoadRunner sign them..

Ana4Stapp
04-28-2006, 09:15 PM
make it 2 Brazilians now! :D

Three!!!!! Marcos...Three!!!! :D

Great news!!!! A great bday gift!!!! lol... Id like Stephen (uncertain) was here to see it...

Ana4Stapp
04-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Wait until Wlad and Ana come here. bleh! =)

Whoooohoooooo...these are really amazing news. And a live album before the studio album...Caraca!! I'm really happy tonight!!

Peace.

P.S: One more Brazilian! Let's rock this boards, Marcos! Ana!

I'm here guys!!!! I'm here!!!! :D

And now Lith we have : Brazil 4 x 3 Sweden !!!!!!

Dogstar
04-28-2006, 09:39 PM
I hope not. They've done a crappy job at promoting everybody but Nickelback.

Robin101
04-28-2006, 10:09 PM
If this makes the band happy then it's great news.

However, all this talk about them getting more promotion and therefore more attention and selling more albums is complete rubbish.

A great band should not rely on their label to shift albums. Creed would have been a success no matter who they were with - it's the band that sells, not the label. I don't think this move will have a dramatic effect on their fan base.

My prediction of their second album selling 150,000 in its first week still stands.

:D And I couldn't give a rat's ass if there are 4 Brazilians, 3 Swedes, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree on this thread. Coming from England, the most barbaric country the world has ever seen, I would gladly take all of you on - come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!!:D

Bridge of Clay
04-28-2006, 10:17 PM
I hope not. They've done a crappy job at promoting everybody but Nickelback.
It seems they're doing a good job with Faktion. I heard their cd can be found everywhere!

Dogstar
04-28-2006, 10:18 PM
It seems they're doing a good job with Faktion. I heard their cd can be found everywhere!
They are quite selective about whom they promote, though.

Ana4Stapp
04-29-2006, 12:43 AM
:D And I couldn't give a rat's ass if there are 4 Brazilians, 3 Swedes, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree on this thread. Coming from England, the most barbaric country the world has ever seen, I would gladly take all of you on - come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!!:D

You know...your comments are ALWAYs so funny....:rolleyes:

metalchris25
04-29-2006, 01:15 AM

Great news!!!! A great bday gift!!!! lol... Id like Stephen (uncertain) was here to see it...

Is it true that yall don't have that many gas powered vehicles down there?
I heard that you guys have mostly ethanol run cars. Just curious.( I am in south carolina usa by the way.)

Robin101
04-29-2006, 05:58 AM
You know...your comments are ALWAYs so funny....:rolleyes:

I do try :D

bobben
04-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Fantastic news! Let's hope that they sign for a big label so that they finally can get some promotion!! :cool:

Chase
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Yet, Sweden rule all! ;)

They do, why else would I want to go there for school? I'm an honorary Swede.

facelessmike
04-30-2006, 12:36 AM
This is awesome, and can only help the band!!! My day is made. :bounce:

Lets get the live album going! :)

Bridge of Clay
04-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Is it true that yall don't have that many gas powered vehicles down there?
I heard that you guys have mostly ethanol run cars. Just curious.( I am in south carolina usa by the way.)
yeah, kinda... Ana can help with the accurate data, but back in the 80's 80% of the cars were ethanol. Then in the 90's gas became absolout coz back in the day technology wasn't as advanced and ethanol cars would take to long to start the engine during the winter. But in the late 90's they developed a Flex Fuel technology, which implies the engine can take both fuels at any quantity in only one fuel tank and it'll work fine. Earlier this year GM announced all the cars they'll produce from 2006 on in Brazil will be Flex Fuel. Other companies, such as VW and Ford still produce flex fuel and gas only cars.

Bridge of Clay
04-30-2006, 01:05 AM
They are quite selective about whom they promote, though.
yeah, my post was incomplete.

I don't know much about RR to be quite honest... I can't say if they're good or not, but they did a good job with Nickelback, specially here in Brazil, although they're distributed by Universal.

Bridge of Clay
04-30-2006, 01:06 AM

Tell that to Ronaldinho! :smokin:

Robin101
04-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Tell that to Ronaldinho! :smokin:

I will...when we win the World Cup!! (with or without Rooney) :smokin:

Bridge of Clay
04-30-2006, 04:39 PM
I will...when we win the World Cup!! (with or without Rooney) :smokin:
it's a shame you won't.

lol!

this is off-topic, but I don't see England winning it. I'd rather bet in Italy or Portugal (crazy, I know!) instead, if I couldn't pick Brazil. But I need to take a look at the schedule, I don't remember the finals phase, I'd like to study the possibilities before making a "real statement". if that makes sense.

Trimontana
05-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Thats awesome news. Geffen sounds to me like a good option for the guys. Papa Roach signed with Geffen and they have loads of freedom and publicity that they didnt have with Dreamworks before. Anyway, i hope they can find a good record company that give them what they deserve.

Chase
05-02-2006, 03:56 PM
it's a shame you won't.

lol!

this is off-topic, but I don't see England winning it. I'd rather bet in Italy or Portugal (crazy, I know!) instead, if I couldn't pick Brazil. But I need to take a look at the schedule, I don't remember the finals phase, I'd like to study the possibilities before making a "real statement". if that makes sense.

Yes, this is off-topic... but since we're talking about the World Cup, I will put in my picks. Well, if the United States doesn't win... I will be rooting for Italy and Germany primarily. I like England as well though.

Bridge of Clay
05-03-2006, 09:59 AM
well... US won't win. lol! US still has a long way to go before winning a world cup.

RMadd
05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
that would be a great fit for 'em!

Chase
05-03-2006, 03:34 PM
well... US won't win. lol! US still has a long way to go before winning a world cup.

Actually, the U.S. keeps getting better and better each time around. Maybe they won't win... but I think they'll put up a good fight.

Bridge of Clay
05-03-2006, 04:12 PM
So does all the other teams. I think US should work on developing and "strengthening" a league, since MLS isn't doing well. Next, find players who can be taken to the next level, an "idol" per say, to play in Europe.

I do know US has plans to win the 2010 World Cup since 1994. I believe that for Africa US will show up with a good team, but not in Germany.

Agent D
05-03-2006, 07:58 PM
This thread used to be about Alter Bridge, :laugh:

Chase
05-04-2006, 06:58 PM
So does all the other teams. I think US should work on developing and "strengthening" a league, since MLS isn't doing well. Next, find players who can be taken to the next level, an "idol" per say, to play in Europe.

I do know US has plans to win the 2010 World Cup since 1994. I believe that for Africa US will show up with a good team, but not in Germany.

We're still competitive, but by no means are we close to being the best in the world. We do have a lot of promising younger players... like Freddie Adu and good veterans like Landon Donovan.

But like I said... assuming that my countrymen don't advance that far... I'm putting my support behind the teams of my ancestry. Italy and Germany.

Dogstar
05-04-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread used to be about Alter Bridge, :laugh:
LOL, I know. I can't complain about hijacks, because I'm one of the biggest offenders. I don't even mean to do it. It just happens :D.

eusebioCBR
05-04-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm very happy AB left wind-up. It's what motivated me to get off my bike and back on the board.

Bridge of Clay
05-04-2006, 09:35 PM
LOL, I know. I can't complain about hijacks, because I'm one of the biggest offenders. I don't even mean to do it. It just happens :D.
I know I did it... but I never said I wasn't feeling guilty about it! I hate when it happens... but as you said, it just happens! lol!

Dogstar
05-04-2006, 09:50 PM
No harm, no foul, Marcos ;)

Bridge of Clay
05-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I know I did it... but I never said I wasn't feeling guilty about it! I hate when it happens... but as you said, it just happens! lol!
Cool! So I guess now we can talk about Alter Bridge vs. Stapp ??? =P

just kidding! hahaha LOL!

Dogstar
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
LMAO. Now, don't push it, Marcos ;) jk, hehe.

Lechium
05-05-2006, 04:02 AM
This is sad.
Wind-up was the label that nurtured the most awesome bands of last two decades... to see AB leave them is truly heartbreaking... *sob*

RMadd
05-05-2006, 01:33 PM
As of april, USA was ranked #4 in FIFA's world rankings, behind Brasil, Czech Republic, and Netherlands. Pretty good, if you ask me. And I think we definitely got screwed out of a #1 seeding. We were ranked equally w/ Mexico at the time, had won CONCACAF, and hadn't lost to Mexico in the past couple of head-to-heads... and they still got a damn higher seed. And we of course got stuck in the Group of Death w/ leader (& #2 overall) Czech Republic and #14 Italy. Mexico, meanwhile, leads the group with #8 Portugal and unranked Iran & Angola, arguably one of the easiest groups in the tourney.

Bridge of Clay
05-05-2006, 02:31 PM
This ranking is worth shit. Argentina, Spain, Italy, England and Japan can all beat the crap out of those teams that appear on the top.

eusebioCBR
05-09-2006, 01:16 AM
I just checked out the AB "official" site and the news section has tour updates.

I guess wind up is still promoting:confused:

I have no opinion of soccer:peoplesey

eusebioCBR
05-12-2006, 01:22 AM
it looks like the official site is closed now

bilal
05-12-2006, 02:44 AM
^ yeh...ur right.....UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!.............. finally! .......... and yeh couple of days back.......it still had windup and all in it .......may be their changin all that stuff.........

rabidgopher04
05-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I think it's funny how they write they "are pleased to announce" that they have termintated their contract with Wind-up. lol

uncertaindrumer
06-15-2006, 12:34 PM

Oh I saw it... Great news, except the whole "Album out in spring 2007" part. That is a long time from now, darnit.

Still. Plenty good news. Although I only just now thought to come on here and see what you guys thought of it...

titan9
06-16-2006, 12:31 PM
^ Good to see you posting here again, Uncertain. Your anti-Stapp posts have been missed. :laugh:

RelearningLove
07-27-2006, 09:04 AM
If I was them then I'd be happy too...Wind-up seems like a bunch of screw ups when it comes handling artists.

RelearningLove
07-27-2006, 09:06 AM
So, I wonder what they will do? I'll admit to not having been a big fan of AB at first but when you put this whole Creed shit to the side and just listen to the music...these guys do bring back great rock music. I'm looking forward to the new album...