Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Ava's stuff [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Ava's stuff

ava_callahan
04-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I thought that I might post up a collection of stories and poetry that I've written.

Feedback would be appreciated :)

Story: One Last Time

The night was still and cold. The moon shone down on her golden blonde hair that cascaded down her back. Her stormy grey eyes showed her pain. She needed him so much, she sobbed softly at the memory of his caress that had sent shivers down her spine. He had not returned as he had promised.

“Daniel!” She tried to stop herself from crying out. But she was desperate to see him.

The dampness in the air seemed to grow icier, the dew on the grass seemed to freeze beneath her feet. The first snow of the year was coming. She thought of wood fires and the Christmas meal, that she would miss. She hugged herself for warmth.

“Please! Don't leave me here!” She cried out into the nothingness.

Catherine sat down on the grass and wrapped her arms around her knees and sobbed harder.

“Why do you forsake me so?” She whispered, in grief.

A gentle hand lifted her chin. Daniel peered into Catherine's face. His expression was tender, though it was difficult to see because his raven coloured hair covered his face like a shroud. His golden coloured eyes seemed to pierce right through her very soul.

“Don't cry, my love. I have not forsaken you.” He murmured gently, as he stroked her tear-stained cheek. Daniel stood and took Catherine's hand. She stood and looked at him lovingly. He was wearing the black suit that she had buried him in. It contrasted the tear-stained white dress that she wore.

“In spirit, you are more beautiful than the day that I first laid eyes on my, my darling.” Daniel murmured, as he embraced her.

As he embraced her, he could see over her shoulder. He was horrified by what he saw. Catherine's body laid in the grass, a thin aperture in each slender wrist bled crimson. He could not contain the pain that he felt. He had not lied to her in life, so he would not begin to in death.
Catherine...” Tears began to roll down his cheeks, as he held her in his arms, knowing that this would be the last time.

“I am sorry, my love.” He continued painfully. “You must know that you can not come with me hence.”

Confusion swept over her. She could not comprehend what he was telling her.

“Catherine... There is canon against self-slaughter. I wish you could be with me, my darling. I am so very sorry.”

As suddenly as he had appeared, Daniel was gone. She prayed that this was a bad dream. But she turned around to see her corporeal body laying there, as it had before next to Daniel's grave.

“Oh God! This can not be!” She cried, into the perpetual night. “What cruel beast brings me such phantasms? Why must I be cheated so? Why must I be alone?”

In agony, Catherine walked the cemetery, crying out for her lost love.

The next day as dawn broke, the cemetery grounds keeper found Catherine's body laying under the first gentle snowfall of the winter. Her body was blue now from the cold and the snow surrounding her was crimson. He gently moved her body to the side and began to dig on blessed ground, even though he wasn't supposed to. Catherine had been in pain for so long, the old man thought that at least she should be shown some kindness in death. Even though, it broke with Catholic tradition, he buried her next to Daniel.

Through the generations, the townsfolk passed the story of Catherine and her ghostly lover. At times, I wonder if they were ever re-united. To this day, I still pray for the salvation of my dead sister, Catherine.

Prose: Would You...?

If I leave would you let me go?
To be alone with the sickness I bear
Trying as hard as I might to not let the pain show
All the time wondering, if you see it, if you care

Would you leave me to cry?
To be alone with the tears I shed?
Would you listen as I scream at the night sky?
Or would you turn your back instead?

Would you feel rejected because you can not share
In what I've buried inside for so long?
As much as I want it, I can't even find the words to ask you to be there.
Can't you see that not even you can right this wrong?

If you were to hold me, I would push you away
Not because I don't love you
But because I am too small and unworthy in ways
That you can see aren't true

Would you allow me to hold on to the lies
That I tell myself each night?
Would you watch as my soul slowly dies?
Or would you take up arms in an impossible fight?

Would you try to save me?
Would you hold my hand as I fall into eternal sleep?
Would you cry silently
As death claims my soul to keep?

Rocketqueen
04-03-2006, 12:58 AM
:) loved it beautiful work i really loved reading it storys of life and death can be so confusing there is so many of of the tales of the bloody romances i call from hit singal the whisky lullabys;) i liked your story it was Different :) and most delightfull to read thanks for sharing your stuff