Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Thousands march for immigrant rights [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Thousands march for immigrant rights

Ana4Stapp
03-23-2006, 09:40 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/23/immigration.rally.ap/index.html

I found it interesting because someone here said that theres no kind of discrimination with the latin people in U.S....:rolleyes:

eusebioCBR
03-23-2006, 09:51 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/23/immigration.rally.ap/index.html

I found it interesting because someone here said that theres no kind of discrimination with the latin people in U.S....:rolleyes:
Are you talk'n about me, huh?:D
I would love to find a place in the world with NO discrimination. It is everywhere so just be above it.
That's just one Americans(of latin kind) opinion:D

Ana4Stapp
03-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Are you talk'n about me, huh?:D
I would love to find a place in the world with NO discrimination. It is everywhere so just be above it.
That's just one Americans(of latin kind) opinion:D

Haha...actually I wasnt talking about you...:D

Believe me!

;)

But anyway the 'person' said (and of course disagreed with me) in an old thread posted here that latins were treated as the same way of the americans are ..:rolleyes:

Chase
03-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Haha...actually I wasnt talking about you...:D

Believe me!

;)

But anyway the 'person' said (and of course disagreed with me) in an old thread posted here that latins were treated as the same way of the americans are ..:rolleyes:

That's not what I said. I said illegal immigrants from Latin America are treated like illegal immigrants from other parts of the world. There is no discrimination... but the majority of the illegal immigrants in this country are Hispanic. That's a fact... and most of them happen to arrive here from Mexico.

Ana4Stapp
03-24-2006, 07:42 AM
That's not what I said. I said illegal immigrants from Latin America are treated like illegal immigrants from other parts of the world. There is no discrimination... but the majority of the illegal immigrants in this country are Hispanic. That's a fact... and most of them happen to arrive here from Mexico.

Oh!!! now Im remembering it: the 'person' is you...:rolleyes:

Anyway you need to come back to read waht you said about legal immigrants being trated by US governement...

Chase
03-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Oh!!! now Im remembering it: the 'person' is you...:rolleyes:

Anyway you need to come back to read waht you said about legal immigrants being trated by US governement...

Tell me why people should be allowed to break our immigration laws? It doesn't matter who breaks those laws... they need to enter this country legally. We would love to have everybody in this country... and as a matter of fact, we basically do. If America was racist against Latinos... the demographics of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami, and so many other regions would look entirely different.

Ana4Stapp
03-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Tell me why people should be allowed to break our immigration laws? It doesn't matter who breaks those laws... they need to enter this country legally. We would love to have everybody in this country... and as a matter of fact, we basically do. If America was racist against Latinos... the demographics of Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Miami, and so many other regions would look entirely different.

I wasnt talking about illegal ones...anyway...America is racist with latinos...

eusebioCBR
03-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm going to agree with you!:) It's not that bad with being latin, just depends on where you live.
Racism can be alot more obvious if one happens to be black:(

Ana4Stapp
03-24-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm going to agree with you!:) It's not that bad with being latin, just depends on where you live.
Racism can be alot more obvious if one happens to be black:(

WOW!!!!!!! Are you agreeing with me and obviously disagreeing with Chase????? I cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!:D
LOL LOL

Seriously talking...Ive heard lots of stories about latins being humilated/mistreated in US...

Of course Chase will disagree (surprise??) because he lives in a city that is full of latins- near Mexico -and I suppose its very different from others areas...

eusebioCBR
03-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah, racism is a part of life here(America). Such people are free to be as STUPID and backwards as they like.

Mulletman
03-25-2006, 12:48 AM

There's a big difference in what you (we all) say and what is actually happening. Yes, anyone who breaks the law should be dealt with accordingly, but these people are being treated as an infestation. You have to remember that they are here becaue they have to, not because they want to. These aren't middle-class citizens that are hoping to get rich or do better than they are. In latin america there is no poor, middle, and upper class. There are the poor and the rich. The social divide in most latin amercian countries is awful. These are the dirt poor, generations of scraping the bottom of the barrel, last ditch effort to actually be anything. Our poor and wellfare leeches are millionares compared to them.

This is how its going to be. As long as America is the land of opportinuty and as long as there are people that are in desprate need of help, they will come to this country. There is no way that you will ever stop the flow of immigrants. Even if you make things more difficult, desperation will only make them find new means to complete thier goals. Do you not remember what happened in Victoria Texas a few years ago? A trailer full of illegals was left in the 105 degree texas heat. They paid what -- about $1500 to $5000 a head just so they can provide thier family a new opportinuty only to be left there to die. This is just like drugs, a necessity for some and if you cut them off you will only be creating a black market. And the last thing anyone needs is a black market that includes human trafficing.

Ana4Stapp
03-25-2006, 01:35 AM
There's a big difference in what you (we all) say and what is actually happening. Yes, anyone who breaks the law should be dealt with accordingly, but these people are being treated as an infestation. You have to remember that they are here becaue they have to, not because they want to. These aren't middle-class citizens that are hoping to get rich or do better than they are. In latin america there is no poor, middle, and upper class. There are the poor and the rich. The social divide in most latin amercian countries is awful. These are the dirt poor, generations of scraping the bottom of the barrel, last ditch effort to actually be anything. Our poor and wellfare leeches are millionares compared to them.

Your post has really good points but you made some confusion here: Actually ..You do have poor, middle and rich and Latin America. You know that Latin America refers to lots of countries in different levels, so you cant compare Brazil or Chile with Haiti.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Brazil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_South_America
The big problem is that a few have too much and the majority has nothing ...

Chase
03-25-2006, 06:55 AM

Are you referring to the American government? Or some Americans? I mean, I could make the argument that America is racist against Sicilians...

Ana4Stapp
03-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Are you referring to the American government? Or some Americans? I mean, I could make the argument that America is racist against Sicilians...

American governement and also the society.

Steve
03-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Interesting enough, this march happened in my hometown. It was all over the news and this is what I heard time and time again. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The reason for the march was to protest over a bill being proposed by some Wisconsin legislators that would give jail time to illegal immigrants. The purpose of the bill is to help aid in the prevention of illegal immigration. The penalty of jail time is supposed to deter you from coming illegally. According to the news reports, this type of law that is being propsed is actually in existance in several Latin American countries. If an American is found to be in one of those countries illegally, they can receive up to five years in jail (or something to that effect).

Personally, I support this idea. If we just allow anyone and everyone to come here whenever they choose, this country is going to become overcrowded very fast. We have laws in place, and everyone, no matter what race or religion you are, should have to abide by these laws.

On a side note: Unfortunately for my city, the march didn't get as much coverage as something of this magnitude would normally receive because several days before two young children went missing and most of the news coverage has been focused on that story. You can read about this story here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/23/milwaukee.missing/index.html

eusebioCBR
03-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Interesting enough, this march happened in my hometown. It was all over the news and this is what I heard time and time again. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The reason for the march was to protest over a bill being proposed by some Wisconsin legislators that would give jail time to illegal immigrants. The purpose of the bill is to help aid in the prevention of illegal immigration. The penalty of jail time is supposed to deter you from coming illegally. According to the news reports, this type of law that is being propsed is actually in existance in several Latin American countries. If an American is found to be in one of those countries illegally, they can receive up to five years in jail (or something to that effect).

Personally, I support this idea. If we just allow anyone and everyone to come here whenever they choose, this country is going to become overcrowded very fast. We have laws in place, and everyone, no matter what race or religion you are, should have to abide by these laws.

On a side note: Unfortunately for my city, the march didn't get as much coverage as something of this magnitude would normally receive because several days before two young children went missing and most of the news coverage has been focused on that story. You can read about this story here:

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/23/milwaukee.missing/index.html

My comments were on racism in general.
I think Mexico had/has a problem with Guatemalan illegal immigrants. I know they weren't welcome there.

Ana4Stapp
03-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Just a brief note: I dont support illegal imigration and I also think that US has the right to use laws to avoid the illegal ones ...I was discussing with Chase about the treatement the legal imigrants from Latin America received in US.

Chase
03-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Just a brief note: I dont support illegal imigration and I also think that US has the right to use laws to avoid the illegal ones ...I was discussing with Chase about the treatement the legal imigrants from Latin America received in US.

Yes Ana, seeing that the mayor of Los Angeles is Mexican and our Attorney General... we must live in a racist society that prevents Hispanics to succeed. Some of the most powerful people and wealthiest people in America are Hispanic. Especially in Southern California.

Ana4Stapp
03-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Yes Ana, seeing that the mayor of Los Angeles is Mexican and our Attorney General... we must live in a racist society that prevents Hispanics to succeed. Some of the most powerful people and wealthiest people in America are Hispanic. Especially in Southern California.

I didnt said that the american society prevents hispanic to succeed...and you know that being near Mexico makes your state different from the others. And I remembering saying to you in other thread that I heard/read stories from latin american people (including brazilians) about the bad treatment they received from Americnas authorities in airports for example.

Sorry to say it...but your country isnt perfect as you think...

Chase
03-25-2006, 10:16 PM
I didnt said that the american society prevents hispanic to succeed...and you know that being near Mexico makes your state different from the others. And I remembering saying to you in other thread that I heard/read stories from latin american people (including brazilians) about the bad treatment they received from Americnas authorities in airports for example.

We were attacked on 9/11 by people who entered through our airports, hijacked planes, and drove them into the World Trade Center... everyone is suspect to searches in airports... and rightfully so. Latin Americans are not treated poorly. There are extremely wealthy Puerto Ricans and Dominicans in New York, wealthy Cubans in Florida, and wealthy Mexicans in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. The only times that Hispanics are treated poorly are by people who run businesses that hire illegal immigrants. I mean, I've had Mexicans be racist towards me and treat me bad before... but I don't think all Hispanics are like that. Some of my best friends are Mexican... and my girlfriend was part Mexican. We just don't appreciate people who illegally enter our country and purposely break our immigration laws... and that includes EVERYBODY.

Ana4Stapp
03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
We were attacked on 9/11 by people who entered through our airports, hijacked planes, and drove them into the World Trade Center... everyone is suspect to searches in airports... and rightfully so. Latin Americans are not treated poorly. There are extremely wealthy Puerto Ricans and Dominicans in New York, wealthy Cubans in Florida, and wealthy Mexicans in California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. The only times that Hispanics are treated poorly are by people who run businesses that hire illegal immigrants. I mean, I've had Mexicans be racist towards me and treat me bad before... but I don't think all Hispanics are like that. Some of my best friends are Mexican... and my girlfriend was part Mexican. We just don't appreciate people who illegally enter our country and purposely break our immigration laws... and that includes EVERYBODY.

This situation is previous ...it didnt start to happen after 9/11 attacks...and you know that...
And one more time (hope its the last one) you living near Mexico is different...and I really dont care if your friends/gf/neighbors/ were mexicans...since thy dont represent the majority ...

Steve
03-26-2006, 01:40 AM
And I remembering saying to you in other thread that I heard/read stories from latin american people (including brazilians) about the bad treatment they received from Americnas authorities in airports for example.

Just because there were isolated incidents you heard of involving racism does not mean that America as a whole is racist against Hispanics. And every single race of people has some sort of bias against another race... it's just the facts of life. It happens. That doesn't mean every single person of that race has that bias.

Chase
03-26-2006, 06:53 AM
This situation is previous ...it didnt start to happen after 9/11 attacks...and you know that...
And one more time (hope its the last one) you living near Mexico is different...and I really dont care if your friends/gf/neighbors/ were mexicans...since thy dont represent the majority ...

Like I've said before Ana, I've had Hispanics say racist comments towards me... and I've heard stories of Mexican Federalis (police officers) be discriminatory against Americans and would arrest them, and then force them to pay them money. Do I judge all Mexicans as being racists and corrupt? No.

Ana4Stapp
03-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Like I've said before Ana, I've had Hispanics say racist comments towards me... and I've heard stories of Mexican Federalis (police officers) be discriminatory against Americans and would arrest them, and then force them to pay them money. Do I judge all Mexicans as being racists and corrupt? No.

Maybe you dont judge Mexicans because your friends /gf ...but you did it concerning to my country -when you said it was corrupt, it means you consider all the Brazilians corrupts (me include )...:(

Ana4Stapp
03-26-2006, 04:17 PM
"As we debate the immigration issue, we must remember there are hardworking individuals, doing jobs that Americans will not do, who are contributing to the economic vitality of our country,"

(George W. Bush )

Finally I can agree with something that Bush said!!!! :D

Chase
03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Maybe you dont judge Mexicans because your friends /gf ...but you did it concerning to my country -when you said it was corrupt, it means you consider all the Brazilians corrupts (me include )...:(

I don't consider all Brazilians corrupt! I have never said that. I chose not to makes judgements on an entire population or government based on a couple isolated incidences.

Ana4Stapp
03-26-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't consider all Brazilians corrupt! I have never said that. I chose not to makes judgements on an entire population or government based on a couple isolated incidences.

Yes..you said it ( Im sorry if you are so forgetfu)l...on that thread about Iraq...:mad:

Chase
03-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Yes..you said it ( Im sorry if you are so forgetfu)l...on that thread about Iraq...:mad:

I merely said that the government has had some corruption, not the entire population.

Ana4Stapp
03-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I merely said that the government has had some corruption, not the entire population.

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10219&page=6

Like I said... a nation as corrupt as Brazil really shouldn't criticize American policies. Just because your government is unable to halt a growing crime rate... doesn't mean that every other country's government is selfish and not humanitarian

Hope you are remembering now...:mad:

Steve
03-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Seems he was referring to the government in that quote you posted and not the entire population... the second sentence clarifies his point when he specifically refers to the government.

Ana4Stapp
03-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Seems he was referring to the government in that quote you posted and not the entire population... the second sentence clarifies his point when he specifically refers to the government.

Well its amazing when I say something agaisnt US foreign policy which means governement and you guys claim that Im agaisnt America and call me anti-american ...but when is... Chase hes only refering to my governemnt...:rolleyes:

Interesting...very interesting..:mad:

Chase
03-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Well its amazing when I say something agaisnt US foreign policy which means governement and you guys claim that Im agaisnt America and call me anti-american ...but when is... Chase hes only refering to my governemnt...:rolleyes:

Interesting...very interesting..:mad:

Well considering you said that most Americans are racist against Latinos... can you really blame some people for coming that conclusion about your opinions regarding America? That's not addressing the government's foreign policy... that's accusing the American people of being racist.

Ana4Stapp
03-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Well considering you said that most Americans are racist against Latinos... can you really blame some people for coming that conclusion about your opinions regarding America? That's not addressing the government's foreign policy... that's accusing the American people of being racist.

You called me that before my comments about latinos...
the problem is that you cant stand opinions agaisnt yours especially against your president /governement that you think is perfect...:rolleyes:
You are intolerant...not me...

Bridge of Clay
03-28-2006, 07:30 AM
well, the Brazilian president and all of his staff are as corrupt as they can be, you can't even compare coz never in our history we've seen something like that.

and who's to say only Americans are racist per say? Let's see how it works in our own backyard: the traffic of Bolivian illegal imigrants to Brazil is increasing fast. I don't know how it is in Rio, but in São Paulo you can tell that. And are they welcomed warmly? No.

Same thing with immigrants from the Northeast of Brazil that come to São Paulo, which is the land of opportunity. Those people aren't prepared, didn't study and end up coming down to São Paulo with no job or education. They don't find jobs and guess what happens?

Ana4Stapp
03-28-2006, 07:49 AM
well, the Brazilian president and all of his staff are as corrupt as they can be, you can't even compare coz never in our history we've seen something like that.

Marcos you need to learn lots of our History....I think you missed most of your classes...WE ve seen WORSE moments...

Corruption always existed in every country of the world ...but now that difference is that media is free to show this...even though...most of the time we can see lots of accusation WITHOUT proof!!!!!! Its like "someone heard that someone else knows that someone made that..." Give me a break...I can give a list of bad presidents to you...
I do however want that all the guys involved (with proof) in this dirty scheme pay for this in justice.

But let me only remember you: Lula received the country of your beloved ex- president Fernando H Cardoso...a 'great' sociologist who did NOTHING...

Ana4Stapp
03-28-2006, 08:09 AM
and who's to say only Americans are racist per say? Let's see how it works in our own backyard: the traffic of Bolivian illegal imigrants to Brazil is increasing fast. I don't know how it is in Rio, but in São Paulo you can tell that. And are they welcomed warmly? No.

Same thing with immigrants from the Northeast of Brazil that come to São Paulo, which is the land of opportunity. Those people aren't prepared, didn't study and end up coming down to São Paulo with no job or education. They don't find jobs and guess what happens?

Well I think you are refering to me...right? I NEVER said that only americans are racist ...I dont even consider all the americans racist...

Well in Rio you still dont see much bolivians ...but you have lots of africans who enter illegally and go to live in slums...

As for the people from Northeast who goes to Sao Paulo its VERY different ; they arent illegal ones...they are brazillian citizen who were forgotten by the (ALL of them) governements , left with no schools , no hospitals, no works...they have nothing in their place (btw an extremely 'dry' -infertile land) ...so to try to get a better life to their family, they go to the big cities , especially the 'Land of the Oportunity (Sao Paulo) where they think they will find work and a place to live in with dignity...

So explain how they could be 'prepared'???? They didnt want to study? NO! There wasnt school!!!!

Are you saying that they are the only resposnsibles for all the problems you 'beautiful' city has? Is this? Your governements didnt play a part in this?

I think interesting the way you seem to put the blame in these people instead of blame the zillion decades of terrible governemnts from the right parties that btw you support....Interesting...:rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay
03-28-2006, 08:35 AM
yeah, Ana, sure... I won't discuss it coz obviously we'll never reach a point we'll agree with, since you support Lula and I don't.

Just the fact of the goverment being unable to "prove" the opposition is "lying" is enough proof.

And that's so typical of your party: blame it on the others, blame it on what happened and prepared solid ground for you 4 years ago and due your incompetency, the situation is worse...

Ana4Stapp
03-28-2006, 08:52 AM
yeah, Ana, sure... I won't discuss it coz obviously we'll never reach a point we'll agree with, since you support Lula and I don't.

Just the fact of the goverment being unable to "prove" the opposition is "lying" is enough proof.

And that's so typical of your party: blame it on the others, blame it on what happened and prepared solid ground for you 4 years ago and due your incompetency, the situation is worse...

Hey Marcos its not 'typical': YOUR party- PSDB (social- democratic brazilian party) IS in the power oficially since 1994 when Cardoso was elected...

But before this the right parties were in the power SINCE the independency(1822)...representing (of course) the ELITE's interests...

Lula come to the power in 2003!!!!!!

So maybe your problem in understand this ... isnt History..but maybe Maths...:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
03-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Backing to the U.S. we have an interesting research about the immigrants real situation:

Who are the illegal immigrants?
Two-thirds of illegal immigrants' children are U.S. citizens

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/03/29/who.are.immigrants.ap/index.html

Ana4Stapp
03-29-2006, 05:29 PM
oops...double post ...sorry

Ana4Stapp
04-10-2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12250356/

Counter-protest

“These people are expecting me to give them rights they don’t deserve,”

Go to jail!” shouted William Hazzard, 58, a retired school custodian from Harrisburg. “I’m from Germany and I had to give up my rights as a German citizen. I had to speak English

Mulletman
04-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Ignorance is bliss

Chase
04-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Most of these people don't even know what it is that they're protesting. Why should we allow them to break our laws and not pay taxes? Why did my ancestors have to go through the system, wait in line, and become citizens the legal way... while people from a neighboring country just hop the fence and demand us to give them citizenship? Illegal immigration is wrong... and more importantly, it's AGAINST THE LAW.

Mulletman
04-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Its a matter of compasion and understanding. You have to understand why they are doing this and why there is no other choice. You think people love doing these demoralizing jobs for almost nothing? If Europe were closer to America you dont think they would load into boats like Cubans, Dominicans, or Hatians? They have to jump into trailors, boats, or hop the fence because there is no other way. It took me 15 years for my entire INS process to go from start to finish. No one is going to wait 15 years, because by that time they will either be to old to contribute/succeed or it will be completely too late.

Ana4Stapp
04-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Most of these people don't even know what it is that they're protesting. Why should we allow them to break our laws and not pay taxes? Why did my ancestors have to go through the system, wait in line, and become citizens the legal way... while people from a neighboring country just hop the fence and demand us to give them citizenship? Illegal immigration is wrong... and more importantly, it's AGAINST THE LAW.

Hey ...Im confused...do you believe in LAW ???:rolleyes:

Chase
04-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Its a matter of compasion and understanding. You have to understand why they are doing this and why there is no other choice. You think people love doing these demoralizing jobs for almost nothing? If Europe were closer to America you dont think they would load into boats like Cubans, Dominicans, or Hatians? They have to jump into trailors, boats, or hop the fence because there is no other way. It took me 15 years for my entire INS process to go from start to finish. No one is going to wait 15 years, because by that time they will either be to old to contribute/succeed or it will be completely too late.

... and location makes it good to break the law because why?

Maybe if their governments would start giving a damn about these people... we wouldn't be having this problem (or at least in this magnitude). I know plenty of immigrants who have been here less than 15 years and are making a hell of a lot more money than myself. Nobody prevents immigrants from making money in this nation. This is bigger than just undocumented aliens. There is a huge breach of national security if people are getting into this country that easily.

By the way... where are you from originally?

Chase
04-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Hey ...Im confused...do you believe in LAW ???:rolleyes:

Yes I do believe in law. I assume you're trying to make a point about Saddam Hussein again. If Iraqi law states that murder is punishable by death... aren't they following the rule of law?

Ana4Stapp
04-11-2006, 02:39 AM

OMG!!!! Except by the first line...because I do believe that these people really know about what they are protesting...I have to say that...

that...

that...

I agree with the rest of YOUR POST, Chase!!!!!!!!:eek: WOW!!!! Never dreamed in say this...

Must be sick....:D

LOL jk

Chase
04-11-2006, 03:16 AM
OMG!!!! Except by the first line...because I do believe that these people really know about what they are protesting...I have to say that...

that...

that...

I agree with the rest of YOUR POST, Chase!!!!!!!!:eek: WOW!!!! Never dreamed in say this...

Must be sick....:D

LOL jk

Okay, I have to see these people protesting and when I ask them why some of them are protesting they say "because we're proud to be Mexican!" What in the hell does that have to do with the issue? No one is denying Mexicans the right to become citizens...

Ana4Stapp
04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Okay, I have to see these people protesting and when I ask them why some of them are protesting they say "because we're proud to be Mexican!" What in the hell does that have to do with the issue? No one is denying Mexicans the right to become citizens...

Well they think that US will deny their rights...what is very possible since they are illegal ones...

And they are saying that they wont to be 'americans' they still want to be recognized as mexicans.

Ana4Stapp
04-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Just a brief note Chase...I agree to your opinion but I still think that those protesters have all the right to do it...I mean we live in a democracy, right?

Chase
04-14-2006, 03:38 AM
Well they think that US will deny their rights...what is very possible since they are illegal ones...

And they are saying that they wont to be 'americans' they still want to be recognized as mexicans.

Of course they have the right to protest... no one is taking that right away. But the point is that this has nothing to do about what ethnicity they are. The proposed legislation is geared towards ALL illegals and ALL employers of illegals. The fact that they're Mexican has nothing to do with anything... there is no anti-Mexican legislation. The majority of the illegal immigrants in this country are Mexican... but there are people coming from countries that are a lot worse than Mexico, and they're coming here the legal way. Being a neighbor of the United States does not give them the right to break our immigration laws.

metalchris25
04-14-2006, 07:26 AM
This whole thing is over immigrant rights, but they should have no rights at all in this country if they're here illegally. I say we run about a trillion volts of electricity through that fence and see how many wanna come then. We cannot just accept that this is happening. If anyone wanted to attack us, they wouldn't have a very hard time doing so. I think its high time we get our troops out of the rest of the worlds' business and start handling the problems we have here.