Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Protests planned for Iraq war's third anniversary [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Protests planned for Iraq war's third anniversary

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Protests planned for Iraq war's third anniversary

Anti-war demonstrators held rallies across the globe Saturday to protest the war in Iraq as campaigners marked the third anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion with a demand that coalition troops pull out.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/03/18/iraq.protests.ap/index.html

Comments about these demonstrations against the occupation of Iraq?

eusebioCBR
03-18-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't know wich is the bigger cliche anymore, the media or the protesters?
I don't believe Pres Bush gives a damn about these protesters. He's going to term out and I would think he'd rather be remembered for staying the course.
I just don't believe he is going to yield to a handful of latter day hippies.(handful compared to the global population)

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't know wich is the bigger cliche anymore, the media or the protesters?
I don't believe Pres Bush gives a damn about these protesters. He's going to term out and I would think he'd rather be remembered for staying the course.
I just don't believe he is going to yield to a handful of latter day hippies.(handful compared to the global population)

I cant believe how you guys are pro-war....:(

So you are saying you are against the protest? Or agaisnt the right that people have to make protests about certain things? This is a democratic and important value we have...

And I m sorry that Bush doesnt pay attention to this ...

eusebioCBR
03-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I made no pro war statement. I think protest is good, but everybody is well aware of their(protesters) position.

Chase
03-18-2006, 03:19 PM
I do, however, think that people should protest the protesters.

http://protestwarrior.com/

Watch some of the videos.

Chase
03-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I cant believe how you guys are pro-war....:(

So you are saying you are against the protest? Or agaisnt the right that people have to make protests about certain things? This is a democratic and important value we have...

And I m sorry that Bush doesnt pay attention to this ...

A lot of these protesters don't even know what they're protesting. They're just doing it because it's trendy. I'm only pro-war against people who enjoy denying natural freedoms to their fellow man. Both Osama and Saddam fall under that category.

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 03:26 PM
A lot of these protesters don't even know what they're protesting. They're just doing it because it's trendy. I'm only pro-war against people who enjoy denying natural freedoms to their fellow man. Both Osama and Saddam fall under that category.

Wow!:eek: I think you should try to live under a dictatorship where you CANT protest about anything...:rolleyes:

Its amazing how you are pro-war, Chase...without going to a war ...its easy...isnt it?

eusebioCBR
03-18-2006, 03:30 PM

Chase is right, I've seen video interviews of people in these crowds. Some of them aren't sure what's being protested, but they are there because they HATE Pres Bush or they're anti America.
I'm not saying all them, but they are there.

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Chase is right, I've seen video interviews of people in these crowds. Some of them aren't sure what's being protested, but they are there because they HATE Pres Bush or they're anti America.
I'm not saying all them, but they are there.

So I think you could join with Chase to live under a dictatorship...:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I do, however, think that people should protest the protesters.

http://protestwarrior.com/

Watch some of the videos.

Now I know where your discourses come from...:rolleyes:

leftist gangs? LOL!!!!!!

eusebioCBR
03-18-2006, 03:48 PM
What exactly do you mean? I understand freedom is precious, but history has proven that dictatorships only respond to agression.
That's not my opinion, that's life.

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 03:53 PM
What exactly do you mean? I understand freedom is precious, but history has proven that dictatorships only respond to agression.
That's not my opinion, that's life.

WHAT?:eek: I mean...besides war...are you advocating dictatorship as a solution?

I was pointing that you and Chase seem to agree that protest are unessentials, and I suggested that you two could try a dictatorial experience...because theres no permission to protest in this situation...so you'll probably enjoy this kind of governement

Chase
03-18-2006, 04:11 PM

What are you talking about? Our men and women in the military are protecting the rights of these people to protest. It's true though... A LOT of them are protesting because it's trendy. Maybe you would enjoy watching Hitler take over Europe without resistance... or Japan take over Asia without resistance... but most people with some sense of sanity recognize that war is a possibility when having to deal with rogue regimes.

Chase
03-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Now I know where your discourses come from...:rolleyes:

leftist gangs? LOL!!!!!!

Watch these videos and see how intolerant and violent some of the "peace-loving" protesters can get. They don't accept other people's voice or opinions... so how can they expect people to accept their's.

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 04:18 PM
What are you talking about? Our men and women in the military are protecting the rights of these people to protest. It's true though... A LOT of them are protesting because it's trendy. Maybe you would enjoy watching Hitler take over Europe without resistance... or Japan take over Asia without resistance... but most people with some sense of sanity recognize that war is a possibility when having to deal with rogue regimes.

Its amazing the way you like changing my words here...when YOU were the one who said that protests are fake ...why? because they are AGAINST your president foreign policy that invaded a COUNTRY three years ago and still doesnt have any solution to Iraq situation...and dont say that you are winning this war...:eek:

Protest is trendy? Or war is trendy? I chose to say that PEACE is trendy!!

eusebioCBR
03-18-2006, 04:19 PM
WHAT?:eek: I mean...besides war...are you advocating dictatorship as a solution?

I was pointing that you and Chase seem to agree that protest are unessentials, and I suggested that you two could try a dictatorial experience...because theres no permission to protest in this situation...so you'll probably enjoy this kind of governement

Oh, yes protest should be honored. My point is that these protesters are playing the same old song.
The general public can get tired of the same protest no matter how legitimate there point might be.

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Watch these videos and see how intolerant and violent some of the "peace-loving" protesters can get. They don't accept other people's voice or opinions... so how can they expect people to accept their's.

in the same way that you the radical conservative guys dont accept other opinions..:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Oh, yes protest should be honored. My point is that these protesters are playing the same old song.
The general public can get tired of the same protest no matter how legitimate there point might be.

maybe one of these days someone pay attention to this ...

Chase
03-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Its amazing the way you like changing my words here...when YOU were the one who said that protests are fake ...why? because they are AGAINST your president foreign policy that invaded a COUNTRY three years ago and still doesnt have any solution to Iraq situation...and dont say that you are winning this war...:eek:

Protest is trendy? Or war is trendy? I chose to say that PEACE is trendy!!

I never said that these "protests are fake." I merely said that a lot of people involved in them don't know why they're protesting and are doing it just because it's a trendy thing to do. When you start comparing Americans to Nazis... you lose all legitimacy. I mean... just because you're upset that Saddam Hussein is sitting in a prison cell and is being tried by the same Iraqis that he persecuted doesn't mean that you should be upset at me.

Ana4Stapp
03-18-2006, 05:00 PM
I never said that these "protests are fake." I merely said that a lot of people involved in them don't know why they're protesting and are doing it just because it's a trendy thing to do. When you start comparing Americans to Nazis... you lose all legitimacy. I mean... just because you're upset that Saddam Hussein is sitting in a prison cell and is being tried by the same Iraqis that he persecuted doesn't mean that you should be upset at me.

Again you are accusing me in defending Saddam? Again? You could at least change your words ...try something new...lol

Seriously I can recognize that few people can participate in a protest without enough knowledge of the issue...but its not even a reason to despise protest...
Anyway you were the one who defended the freedom of speech about cartoons ...so why are u condening the people who are expressing their opinion about war?

And believe me: Im not upset at you...;)
lol

Ana4Stapp
03-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Some (sad) numbers from IBC (Iraq Body Count) about violent deaths (average) in Iraq since the beginning of the war:

year 1- 20
year 2- 31
year 3- 36

By the way who said that situation in Iraq is stable now that Saddam Hussein is in a prison cell? :rolleyes:

Chase
03-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Some (sad) numbers from IBC (Iraq Body Count) about violent deaths (average) in Iraq since the beginning of the war:

year 1- 20
year 2- 31
year 3- 36

By the way who said that situation in Iraq is stable now that Saddam Hussein is in a prison cell? :rolleyes:

I never said that Iraq was stable... but I do recognize that you can't fix Iraq overnight. I'm optimistic and I believe that it's wrong to think that Iraqis are better off in the hands of a man who brutally abused them in every way.

Ana4Stapp
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I never said that Iraq was stable... but I do recognize that you can't fix Iraq overnight. I'm optimistic and I believe that it's wrong to think that Iraqis are better off in the hands of a man who brutally abused them in every way.

I never said that that person was you...:rolleyes: but anyway...recognize that US didnt expect that this war could take so much time ...the allies lost the control in Iraq...theres a civil war right now...prove that you are intelligent and admit this...

and I wont comment the final part of your post cause I said it LOTS of times...

Chase
03-19-2006, 06:57 PM
I never said that that person was you...:rolleyes: but anyway...recognize that US didnt expect that this war could take so much time ...the allies lost the control in Iraq...theres a civil war right now...prove that you are intelligent and admit this...

and I wont comment the final part of your post cause I said it LOTS of times...

If these people never wanted to live together, you can't force them too. Look at the Czechs and Slovaks and all of the ethnic states in the former Yugoslavia. If the Kurds want their own country... they have every right to pursue that avenue. Look, to be honest... I'm not a nihilist like you. I chose to be optimistic and I believe that these people will end up happier than when they were under the rule of Saddam Hussein. If each ethnic faction wants their own independent state... they have every right to go that route. I think the worst thing to do is to force these people live together if they refuse to live in peace with one and aother. At least allow them to separate themselves before their discrimination turns into bloody anarchy.

Chase
03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Again you are accusing me in defending Saddam? Again? You could at least change your words ...try something new...lol

Seriously I can recognize that few people can participate in a protest without enough knowledge of the issue...but its not even a reason to despise protest...
Anyway you were the one who defended the freedom of speech about cartoons ...so why are u condening the people who are expressing their opinion about war?

And believe me: Im not upset at you...;)
lol

I never said I was against protests. That's part of a free and democratic society. That's one thing Iraqis were never allowed to do. They would be executed if they protested Saddam Hussein. I just think it's funny to protest something you know nothing about.

Ana4Stapp
03-19-2006, 07:40 PM
If these people never wanted to live together, you can't force them too. Look at the Czechs and Slovaks and all of the ethnic states in the former Yugoslavia. If the Kurds want their own country... they have every right to pursue that avenue. Look, to be honest... I'm not a nihilist like you. I chose to be optimistic and I believe that these people will end up happier than when they were under the rule of Saddam Hussein. If each ethnic faction wants their own independent state... they have every right to go that route. I think the worst thing to do is to force these people live together if they refuse to live in peace with one and aother. At least allow them to separate themselves before their discrimination turns into bloody anarchy.

Well...its your country that is forcing them to live together...not mine (so you dont need to convince me of this.)and while your president and his allies dont recognize this necessity and consequently keep trying to hide the real situation in Iraq, the civil war will get worse and worse...the allies simply lost the control in Iraq's territory...

and ...Im not a nihilist...:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
03-19-2006, 07:42 PM
I never said I was against protests. That's part of a free and democratic society. That's one thing Iraqis were never allowed to do. They would be executed if they protested Saddam Hussein. I just think it's funny to protest something you know nothing about.

So why 'protest the protesters' as you said before in your first post here? :rolleyes:

Chase
03-19-2006, 10:40 PM
So why 'protest the protesters' as you said before in your first post here? :rolleyes:

Because I have every right to protest their position.

Chase
03-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Well...its your country that is forcing them to live together...not mine (so you dont need to convince me of this.)and while your president and his allies dont recognize this necessity and consequently keep trying to hide the real situation in Iraq, the civil war will get worse and worse...the allies simply lost the control in Iraq's territory...

and ...Im not a nihilist...:rolleyes:

You sound like a nihilist. Nothing optimistic ever comes out of your mouth regarding any issue that deals with America. We're not forcing them to stay together. It's probably still better overall for them to be a united country. I mean, the United Kingdom is a stronger country than Ireland... is it not? Nobody is trying to "hide the real situation." Anyone with half a brain can see what's going on in Iraq.

Ana4Stapp
03-20-2006, 12:18 AM
You sound like a nihilist. Nothing optimistic ever comes out of your mouth regarding any issue that deals with America. We're not forcing them to stay together. It's probably still better overall for them to be a united country. I mean, the United Kingdom is a stronger country than Ireland... is it not? Nobody is trying to "hide the real situation." Anyone with half a brain can see what's going on in Iraq.

And you sound like a blind patriot that thinks that everybody who thinks different from your point of view hate America. I never said that...please stop try putting these kind of word in my mouth...:mad:

I really dont understand you because you seem to have two conflitant opinions here:

in the first post you said its better to Iraq numerous ethnics groups to split up:

If each ethnic faction wants their own independent state... they have every right to go that route. I think the worst thing to do is to force these people live together if they refuse to live in peace with one and aother.

And now you said that is better to keep it together:

It's probably still better overall for them to be a united country. ..

So... whats your real position? I didnt know that your ideas could change so fast...:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp
03-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Nobody is trying to "hide the real situation." Anyone with half a brain can see what's going on in Iraq.

Yeah...A CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4821618.stm

Iraq in civil war, says former PM

Ana4Stapp
03-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Because I have every right to protest their position.

:rolleyes:

Well... so I hope you arent protesting it just because its trendy....:D

Chase
03-20-2006, 03:35 AM

Well... so I hope you arent protesting it just because its trendy....:D

It's not trendy if you know why you're protesting.

Chase
03-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Yeah...A CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4821618.stm

Iraq in civil war, says former PM

Holy hell, if people were trying to hide that... it would be extremely hard for you to get that information.

Ana4Stapp
03-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Holy hell, if people were trying to hide that... it would be extremely hard for you to get that information.

Your president is trying to hide this:

The Bush administration says Iraq is not in a civil war

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/20/iraq.anniversary/index.html

Chase
03-20-2006, 03:28 PM
A major reason why they're saying that Iraq isn't in a civil war yet is because much of the attacks are still in a centralized part of the country. It isn't that widespread. For there to be a civil war... they believe that you would full scale fighting and attacks in the Kurdish region, the Shiite region, and the Sunni region. It's just the centralized larger cities in the center of the country where it's densely populated... which is a big reason why these terrorists are attacking there. In addition, for it to be an actual civil war... you would have more internal fighting amongst the Iraqis of different ethnicities. Instead what you have is a coalition of occupying forces trying to rebuild the country and maintain the peace and foreign terrorists who are being funded by foreign governments or terror organizations. A very significant number of the insurgency is composed of foreign fighters. In fact, the most wanted terrorist in Iraq is Jordanian. Yes, Iraq is a war zone... is it strictly civil war? I don't think so. The only glimpses of a civil war are when the Iraqi military or police combat strictly Iraqi militant groups. Other than that, one should be able to recognize that this is bigger than the nation of Iraq when you have so much funding being sent in from foreign sources.

Ana4Stapp
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
A major reason why they're saying that Iraq isn't in a civil war yet is because much of the attacks are still in a centralized part of the country. It isn't that widespread. For there to be a civil war... they believe that you would full scale fighting and attacks in the Kurdish region, the Shiite region, and the Sunni region. It's just the centralized larger cities in the center of the country where it's densely populated... which is a big reason why these terrorists are attacking there. In addition, for it to be an actual civil war... you would have more internal fighting amongst the Iraqis of different ethnicities. Instead what you have is a coalition of occupying forces trying to rebuild the country and maintain the peace and foreign terrorists who are being funded by foreign governments or terror organizations. A very significant number of the insurgency is composed of foreign fighters. In fact, the most wanted terrorist in Iraq is Jordanian. Yes, Iraq is a war zone... is it strictly civil war? I don't think so. The only glimpses of a civil war are when the Iraqi military or police combat strictly Iraqi militant groups. Other than that, one should be able to recognize that this is bigger than the nation of Iraq when you have so much funding being sent in from foreign sources.

What more is necessary to recognize its a civil war? Allies are losing the control in Iraq...its obvious.

Ana4Stapp
03-20-2006, 05:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4826754.stm

Bush says that Iraqis in some areas still face "savage" acts of violence...but isnt a civil war, right?

Ana4Stapp
03-20-2006, 08:59 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/20/bush.iraq/index.html

He also sees signs of 'progress'...anyone else??? :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer
03-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Ya know, I am quite agaisnt this war, but sometimes I wish I wasn't, because I am so sick of people using it to paint America as a devil. I'm sure France would have loved it if we kept our devils out of Normandy in 1944. Sure Germany would have too.

Chase
03-21-2006, 01:17 AM
What more is necessary to recognize its a civil war? Allies are losing the control in Iraq...its obvious.

Do you even know what a civil war is? A civil war is a war in which parties within the same country or empire struggle for national control of state power. There is no doubt that this is going on to an extent amongst the Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis... but the larger conflict is between coalition/Iraqi soldiers against a strong foreign born insugency. How is that a civil war?

Chase
03-21-2006, 01:20 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/20/bush.iraq/index.html

He also sees signs of 'progress'...anyone else??? :rolleyes:

Yes, a lot people see signs of progress... and that includes Iraqis. You just refuse to put you anti-American stubborness aside to give any credit to the Iraqis, Americans, Brits, Australians, Italians, Poles, and the rest of the coalition.

Chase
03-21-2006, 01:23 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4826754.stm

Bush says that Iraqis in some areas still face "savage" acts of violence...but isnt a civil war, right?

Violence doesn't equal civil war. Do you have any concept of what a civil war is? These savage acts of violence are from a great deal of people who aren't Iraqis.

Ana4Stapp
03-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Ya know, I am quite agaisnt this war, but sometimes I wish I wasn't, because I am so sick of people using it to paint America as a devil. I'm sure France would have loved it if we kept our devils out of Normandy in 1944. Sure Germany would have too.

I dont know whats happening with your posts...they usually had some meaning...but now all I can see is the same discourse "the world hates America". C'mon...it feels well with Chase's conservative ideas...but with yours...:eek:

Ana4Stapp
03-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Violence doesn't equal civil war. Do you have any concept of what a civil war is? These savage acts of violence are from a great deal of people who aren't Iraqis.

I think that YOU are the one who doenst know what a civil war is...Look , its not only me saying this:
former Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi told the BBC. "If this is not civil war, then God knows what civil war is."

Ana4Stapp
03-21-2006, 04:07 AM
Yes, a lot people see signs of progress... and that includes Iraqis. You just refuse to put you anti-American stubborness aside to give any credit to the Iraqis, Americans, Brits, Australians, Italians, Poles, and the rest of the coalition.

Its funny...everyone who says something different from your conservative opinion is against America....is Anti-american...
:wtf:

Actually its getting hard to keep the debate this way..I mean, if you dont want to see the reality-okay its your problem...but stop saying the same thing all the time, its getting very repetative and useless...

Instead of saying the same and old discourse you could give me some examples of 'progress'...
Can you?

Chase
03-21-2006, 04:17 AM
I think that YOU are the one who doenst know what a civil war is...Look , its not only me saying this:
former Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi told the BBC. "If this is not civil war, then God knows what civil war is."

And it's not just me saying that it's not a civil war. What's your point?

Ana4Stapp
03-21-2006, 04:32 PM
And it's not just me saying that it's not a civil war. What's your point?

Iraq is out of control

This is my point.

Chase
03-21-2006, 07:18 PM

Iraq is out of control

This is my point.

Yes, because you have radical Islamo fascist terrorists who are trying to incite a violent civil war to create anarchy.

Ana4Stapp
03-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Yes, because you have radical Islamo fascist terrorists who are trying to incite a violent civil war to create anarchy.

What? Are you agreeing with me admiting that US and the allies lost the control of Iraq? ?????? WOW!!!! Im almost saying that I love your words here...:D

But honestly do you believe that they are still trying ???? :eek:

uncertaindrumer
03-21-2006, 09:10 PM
I dont know whats happening with your posts...they usually had some meaning...but now all I can see is the same discourse "the world hates America". C'mon...it feels well with Chase's conservative ideas...but with yours...:eek:

No, I am not saying the world hates America (though, maybe they do, what do I know). If anything they hate Bush, and so do I. YOU seem to hate America. I know you keep saying you don't but you don't seem to maintain that position through your many posts.

Ana4Stapp
03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
No, I am not saying the world hates America (though, maybe they do, what do I know). If anything they hate Bush, and so do I. YOU seem to hate America. I know you keep saying you don't but you don't seem to maintain that position through your many posts.

:rolleyes: Its at least interesting that having a different position here concerning to the US foreign policy means that I HATE AMERICA...

Ive told lots of times that I DONT...but seem that you just dont understand my points of view...and I repeat if was Chase saying that I could (try) to understand ...but you ...its disappointing...:eek:

PS: Anyway if I had the 'chance' i could try to make my position clear to you...but I cant... :(

Chase
03-22-2006, 02:51 AM
What? Are you agreeing with me admiting that US and the allies lost the control of Iraq? ?????? WOW!!!! Im almost saying that I love your words here...:D

But honestly do you believe that they are still trying ???? :eek:

I think they've lost control of certain towns... not the entire country. The allies still control the majority of the country.

Ana4Stapp
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Well being the majority at this moment is not a big thing...

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/22/iraq.main/index.html

Chase
03-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Well being the majority at this moment is not a big thing...

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/22/iraq.main/index.html

Too bad Saddam wasn't in power still :(

I miss him.

Ana4Stapp
03-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Too bad Saddam wasn't in power still :(

I miss him.

:eek:

Why are u being ironic here ? Do you think that I cant post about the hard moment aliies are facing in Iraq??? Do you want that I shut my mouth because you still think that Im anti american??? Or do you prefer that I just leave this trhead? So you'll finally post YOUR AMERICAN TRUES here alone...:mad:

Im not blind , Chase...anyway...sorry if you are...

Chase
03-22-2006, 07:41 PM

Why are u being ironic here ? Do you think that I cant post about the hard moment aliies are facing in Iraq??? Do you want that I shut my mouth because you still think that Im anti american??? Or do you prefer that I just leave this trhead? So you'll finally post YOUR AMERICAN TRUES here alone...:mad:

Im not blind , Chase...anyway...sorry if you are...

I'm being sarcastic, not ironic. Anyway... people would have a different opinion about you if you were actually optimistic or would actually post something optimistic. Yet, as long as there is a thread regarding the politics of the United States you're still going to post the same type of stuff over and over in apparent attempts to slander the foreign policy of America. I hate to tell this to you, but since World War II each U.S. President has essentially carried on similar foreign policies to a certain degree. This trend will most likely continue as well. You seem to be content with non-intervention within regions of intense tyranny, poverty, or genocide. Or you believe that one can simply ask blood thirsty murderers to stop their human rights violations and that these killers will magically stop.

Ana4Stapp
03-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm being sarcastic, not ironic. Anyway... people would have a different opinion about you if you were actually optimistic or would actually post something optimistic. Yet, as long as there is a thread regarding the politics of the United States you're still going to post the same type of stuff over and over in apparent attempts to slander the foreign policy of America. I hate to tell this to you, but since World War II each U.S. President has essentially carried on similar foreign policies to a certain degree. This trend will most likely continue as well. You seem to be content with non-intervention within regions of intense tyranny, poverty, or genocide. Or you believe that one can simply ask blood thirsty murderers to stop their human rights violations and that these killers will magically stop.

Sorry for using the wrong word...I thought it has the same meaning...

anyway this is the ONLY interesting thing in your entire post...besides it your post has no meaning...at all... becuase you still are putting words in my mouth...and how can I be positive, optmistic about a WAR??????????? :eek:

And Im not worried about your opinion about me ...this thread isnt about Ana4Stapp or something...its abvout a war your president started 03 years ago and now agter this time hes losing the control of it...and Im not the only person saying this...a LOT of intelligent americans are saying the same...they want the end of this war...

Finally for once and for all, Chase ...Im glad that Saddam is in a prison jail!!!!! Did you hear that?????
Im a graduated in History and consequently you know that I have a very good knowledge about tiranny, poverty, genocide, wars ...so you dont need to explain me these words...they are all about negative and obviously sad moments in History and btw you also know that I know how 'U.S. Presidents has essentially carried on similar foreign policies to a certain degree'... for example supporting dictatorships in places like Latin America...ah but okay...you dont care about it right? because its in th Third World and you are ah...in the Superpower isnt it?:mad:

Chase
03-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Sorry for using the wrong word...I thought it has the same meaning...

anyway this is the ONLY interesting thing in your entire post...besides it your post has no meaning...at all... becuase you still are putting words in my mouth...and how can I be positive, optmistic about a WAR??????????? :eek:

And Im not worried about your opinion about me ...this thread isnt about Ana4Stapp or something...its abvout a war your president started 03 years ago and now agter this time hes losing the control of it...and Im not the only person saying this...a LOT of intelligent americans are saying the same...they want the end of this war...

Finally for once and for all, Chase ...Im glad that Saddam is in a prison jail!!!!! Did you hear that?????
Im a graduated in History and consequently you know that I have a very good knowledge about tiranny, poverty, genocide, wars ...so you dont need to explain me these words...they are all about negative and obviously sad moments in History and btw you also know that I know how 'U.S. Presidents has essentially carried on similar foreign policies to a certain degree'... for example supporting dictatorships in places like Latin America...ah but okay...you dont care about it right? because its in th Third World and you are ah...in the Superpower isnt it?:mad:

Or like liberating Eastern Europe from the threshold of the Soviet Union. Or like liberating Western Europe from the rampage of Adolf Hitler and Nazi German. Or like liberating the Chinese, Koreans, and Filipinos from brutal Japanese rule. I'm sorry, but the good far outway any blemishes American foreign policy has had. And you know, much of what I just mentioned happened because the United States went to war with these rogue regimes/empires. So, I will gladly be optimistic in the aftermath of wars if it means that the people that created this tyranny are gone and out of power. You are a nihilist in every possible way when it comes to analyzing American foreign politics. You have never offered a different solution to ending tyranny and terrorism abroad. Nor, have you hardly said anything positive about Saddam Hussein being out of power. If Brazil gets attacked by Chavez and Venezuela I'm curious to know how you would want your country to respond since you don't believe that war is ever justified.

A lot of people are also saying that allies haven't lost control in Iraq and to be technical the U.S. gave over sovereignty to the Iraqis quite a while ago. They actually are the ones who can really tell us to stay or go and they haven't given any objection to our presence there as of yet. If the Iraqi government wants us there, we'll stay and help them to continue rebuilding their nation.

Ana4Stapp
03-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Or like liberating Eastern Europe from the threshold of the Soviet Union. Or like liberating Western Europe from the rampage of Adolf Hitler and Nazi German. Or like liberating the Chinese, Koreans, and Filipinos from brutal Japanese rule. I'm sorry, but the good far outway any blemishes American foreign policy has had. And you know, much of what I just mentioned happened because the United States went to war with these rogue regimes/empires. So, I will gladly be optimistic in the aftermath of wars if it means that the people that created this tyranny are gone and out of power. You are a nihilist in every possible way when it comes to analyzing American foreign politics. You have never offered a different solution to ending tyranny and terrorism abroad. Nor, have you hardly said anything positive about Saddam Hussein being out of power. If Brazil gets attacked by Chavez and Venezuela I'm curious to know how you would want your country to respond since you don't believe that war is ever justified.

A lot of people are also saying that allies haven't lost control in Iraq and to be technical the U.S. gave over sovereignty to the Iraqis quite a while ago. They actually are the ones who can really tell us to stay or go and they haven't given any objection to our presence there as of yet. If the Iraqi government wants us there, we'll stay and help them to continue rebuilding their nation.

Dont you think that if I had the solution to endding terrorism or tiranny in the whole world I needed to win a Nobel Prize or something????

I never said anything positive about saddam being out of the power?????? ARE YOU BLIND Chase????? or my english isnt good enough to make you understand my points here???? But you know im lazy to repost my comments here so go ahead and take a look in my posts on political banter ...

Anyway I love the way you just repeat the same words when you clearly has nothing to say to reply to my posts
I love this......:rolleyes:

Chase
03-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Dont you think that if I had the solution to endding terrorism or tiranny in the whole world I needed to win a Nobel Prize or something????

I never said anything positive about saddam being out of the power?????? ARE YOU BLIND Chase????? or my english isnt good enough to make you understand my points here???? But you know im lazy to repost my comments here so go ahead and take a look in my posts on political banter ...

Anyway I love the way you just repeat the same words when you clearly has nothing to say to reply to my posts
I love this......:rolleyes:

You don't even offer different solutions... all you do is criticize. You're "blind" if you can't see that because war was used to stop some repressive regimes those people are now being allowed to live in a peaceful society. I mean every post is about how big and bad America is. Ask an Auschwitz survivor about what they think of America.

Ana4Stapp
03-22-2006, 08:44 PM
You don't even offer different solutions... all you do is criticize. You're "blind" if you can't see that because war was used to stop some repressive regimes those people are now being allowed to live in a peaceful society. I mean every post is about how big and bad America is. Ask an Auschwitz survivor about what they think of America.

No, Chase dont advocate war as a solution...War should be the last solution not the first or the only solution...At least admit this...All you do is advocate war as the only solution....

And every post you put is about how big and good America is ...
and US didnt stop the nazism alone..and you know that!!!!!!!

Chase
03-23-2006, 01:00 AM
No, Chase dont advocate war as a solution...War should be the last solution not the first or the only solution...At least admit this...All you do is advocate war as the only solution....

And every post you put is about how big and good America is ...
and US didnt stop the nazism alone..and you know that!!!!!!!

Okay, the Soviets also stopped Nazism... BY FORCE. And unfortunately, all they did after the fall of Hitler is basically commit some of the same crimes against humanity against other Slavic nations. I don't advocate war as an only solution, but if someone will continue to kill and won't stop killing... you have to be forceful to take them out at times.

You have a serious problem with America for no reason. America has done a lot of good in the world and I will gladly talk about my nation's achievements because they have left a positive impact on the world. I'm not saying America is perfect or has had a perfect past... but this nation has been and always will be a beacon of freedom and opportunity for immigrants and people born in this country. We have immigrants from every country in this world living here... explain to me why that is. If America is this bad and aggressive state why do so many people flee here to seek asylum from repressive regimes? Why does my city have a vibrant Brazilian population?! People are attracted to America still today as my ancestors were.

Ana4Stapp
03-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Okay, the Soviets also stopped Nazism... BY FORCE. And unfortunately, all they did after the fall of Hitler is basically commit some of the same crimes against humanity against other Slavic nations. I don't advocate war as an only solution, but if someone will continue to kill and won't stop killing... you have to be forceful to take them out at times.

You have a serious problem with America for no reason. America has done a lot of good in the world and I will gladly talk about my nation's achievements because they have left a positive impact on the world. I'm not saying America is perfect or has had a perfect past... but this nation has been and always will be a beacon of freedom and opportunity for immigrants and people born in this country. We have immigrants from every country in this world living here... explain to me why that is. If America is this bad and aggressive state why do so many people flee here to seek asylum from repressive regimes? Why does my city have a vibrant Brazilian population?! People are attracted to America still today as my ancestors were.

I have NO problem with America or American people!!!!!! Why you dont understand it? I NEVER said that America is bad !!!!!!I just dont agre wiith America foreign policy which is evident in my opinions agaisnt Bushs goals in invade countries to spread democracy...This is my opinion and I really would like that you could at least respect thiis, right?

Anyway I remembering saying to you that Id like to visit U.S places. - like California for example. Did you remember that?

Also I met special people here FROM U.S. like Titan, Julie, Ryan, Teri, Keri, Stephen...and I REALLY REALLY like all of them...some I really consider as my friends (even virtual but definitely FRIENDS).

And I cant tell you another example :when Im teaching about The independency of the 13 colonies I always say that US independency was VERY important to all the America ..because se it was a great example to the other colonies that followed the americans attitude...and americans definitely put into practice all the iluminists theories...about freedom, equality, and social rights.

So after this how can I have a problem with America?????? :eek:

You are definitely being unfair with me in all posts you have here...why? :(

Chase
03-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I have NO problem with America or American people!!!!!! Why you dont understand it? I NEVER said that America is bad !!!!!!I just dont agre wiith America foreign policy which is evident in my opinions agaisnt Bushs goals in invade countries to spread democracy...This is my opinion and I really would like that you could at least respect thiis, right?

Anyway I remembering saying to you that Id like to visit U.S places. - like California for example. Did you remember that?

Also I met special people here FROM U.S. like Titan, Julie, Ryan, Teri, Keri, Stephen...and I REALLY REALLY like all of them...some I really consider as my friends (even virtual but definitely FRIENDS).

And I cant tell you another example :when Im teaching about The independency of the 13 colonies I always say that US independency was VERY important to all the America ..because se it was a great example to the other colonies that followed the americans attitude...and americans definitely put into practice all the iluminists theories...about freedom, equality, and social rights.

So after this how can I have a problem with America?????? :eek:

You are definitely being unfair with me in all posts you have here...why? :(

The Revolutionary War fostered many of the foreign policy ideologies that we have today. You obviously have a problem with America defending innocent people by use of force... therefore... I don't understand how you look back positively on America's fight for independence.

Ana4Stapp
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
The Revolutionary War fostered many of the foreign policy ideologies that we have today. You obviously have a problem with America defending innocent people by use of force... therefore... I don't understand how you look back positively on America's fight for independence.

You dont understand me!!!....this is the problem you simply dont understand me ...but instead of it...you JUDGE me...

RalphyS
03-24-2006, 05:49 AM

The police of pre-emptive strikes is certainly not based on ideologies fostered by the founding fathers.

Chase
03-24-2006, 05:57 AM
The police of pre-emptive strikes is certainly not based on ideologies fostered by the founding fathers.

No, but the idea that people should be allowed to live freely and not under a repressive dictatorship is. I said that the founding fathers instituted certain beliefs that carry on today. This most certainly includes what John Locke advocated... and that, of course, carried on into the American political realm. People are entitled to natural rights as human beings... I hope you don't dispute that. Pre-emption is a relatively new, Cold War ideology... but fighting for the rights and freedoms of others can be derived from the American Revolution.

Chase
03-24-2006, 05:59 AM
You dont understand me!!!....this is the problem you simply dont understand me ...but instead of it...you JUDGE me...

I'm not judging you... I'm simply coming to a conclusion based on your logic. You said that America is wrong for using force as a method to protect innocent people from brutal tyrants... but then you said that you positively reflect on the American Revolution. Yet, due to the fact that the American Revolution was centered around a war for independence, I don't understand how you think that the American colonists were jusitified in their fight against Britain.

Ana4Stapp
03-24-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm not judging you... I'm simply coming to a conclusion based on your logic. You said that America is wrong for using force as a method to protect innocent people from brutal tyrants... but then you said that you positively reflect on the American Revolution. Yet, due to the fact that the American Revolution was centered around a war for independence, I don't understand how you think that the American colonists were jusitified in their fight against Britain.

I know that being a History student you know a lot about this issue, but Ill remeber some points :

The Americna colonists fought for their FREEDOM, because they were opressed by England that by the way ONLY wanted money/ profits from its colonies in the New World..and after the War of the 7 years (?) things really changed (for the worse) in America...

England. Portugal, Spain only wanted the same thing... they had various colonies to exploited them...

It was the same situation in Brazil, American colonies or others...we always paid too much taxes to transform the europeans metropolis in RICH countries...

So I can see this war as a fair war because the colonialists werent fighting to dominate a country/people but it was just the opposite: they were fighting for FREEDOM, for JUSTICE...