Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
AB will be the next VanHalen [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : AB will be the next VanHalen

WhatSayYou
03-09-2006, 12:41 AM
I predict that AB will be end up just like VanHalen......successful with the original singer, moderate success with the replacement singer.....then fade into to shadows.:roll:

Torn Daredevil
03-09-2006, 01:07 AM
That makes no sense... Van Halen was always one band. Creed and Alter Bridge are two very different bands.

What is accurate is that Scott Stapp is the next Axl Rose, and I mean that in the worst way possible.

eusebioCBR
03-09-2006, 01:55 AM
So that means Scott Stapp will end up like David Lee Roth!:roll:

altered
03-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Actually Van Halen was very succesful with there second singer, It was the third one that killed them. Calling Myles the second singer in Creed is like calling Chris the second singer in Rage, they are 2 different bands. I think it will be even more obvious on ABs next release.

The Lithium
03-09-2006, 10:17 AM
moderate success with the replacement singer
Myles is not a replacement, genius!

Calling Myles the second singer in Creed is like calling Chris the second singer in Rage, they are 2 different bands. I think it will be even more obvious on ABs next release.
WORD!!!!

Justify
03-09-2006, 11:23 AM
That makes no sense... Van Halen was always one band. Creed and Alter Bridge are two very different bands.

What is accurate is that Scott Stapp is the next Axl Rose, and I mean that in the worst way possible.

Scott won't be the next Axl Rose. I really wonder how all you people who hate Stapp ever came to like Creed.

eusebioCBR
03-09-2006, 12:33 PM
recognizing a persons bizarre behavior does not equal hate.

RoffeDH
03-09-2006, 12:39 PM
And I did love Stapp, but right now I've grown away from that, I was young and stupid! :D

RoffeDH
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Oh... AND I SECOND LITH! Smart ass!

Creed7352
03-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Scott won't be the next Axl Rose. I really wonder how all you people who hate Stapp ever came to like Creed.

i don't hate stapp....i started listening to creed because of mark tremonti. because i play guitar and he was/is damn good and i look to him as a role model for guitar playing. i didn't mind stapp before, but now it's easy to see through his lies and deceptions (not from the entire time with creed, but for the last 2 years). he even carries it on today to some degree. i have his cd, and i listen to it as well. like i said, i don't hate stapp, i just don't agree with all the things he's done. i also don't think he should be playing 7 creed songs (1 song short of how many he's doing of his OWN songs) on his "scott stapp solo tour." in time, that will take it's toll on the goneblind guys...if he wants to do some creed songs, i think he should do wawo, higher, my sacrifice, and maybe one....leave the rest alone; if you want to fill out your set more, pick some cover tunes..that would be more interesting to me and make the shows more enjoyable. that's just my opinion though.

RMadd
03-09-2006, 05:33 PM

:hammerlol

but, i can see where he's coming from... granted, they need to be successful in terms of album sales and, thus far, AB pales in comparison to Hagar-era VH.

RMadd
03-09-2006, 05:34 PM
like eusebio said, just b/c we think they make questionable (even stupid, moronic) decisions in their private life doesn't mean we hate them as an artist. d'oh! :chillpill

nagpo
03-09-2006, 08:15 PM
youre an idiot, and your stapp hating posts are annoying. just thought u should know.

Bridge of Clay
03-09-2006, 08:25 PM
well Ryan... his set is made of 8 covers of Creed! lol

Creed7352
03-09-2006, 08:42 PM
it's 8 now? i thought it was 8 stapp and 7 creed...lol. but i mean other covers...not creed ones. i'd like to hear him do some other songs.

Wylde-Tremonti
03-09-2006, 10:32 PM
All the GN'R fans seem to hate axel... but they still like GnR... when it comes down to it... it really doesn't matter whether you like the personality of the musicians... its whether you like the music or not. Oh... and it's only been in the last few years that all the things about stapp have really surfaced w/ any credibility...

kriskay1988
03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Who knows where they'll end up...As far as Axl goes, I think his head just got too big too fast...and he started to think of it as Axl Rose, and the other dudes...

As far as Stapp...no idea what will happen...

As far as AB becoming VH...doubt it....you can tell they all love playing with each other...obviously no problems thus far. If things continue like that they are bound to become more popular with time...they basically had to start over again, different singer comes a different sound. But, Myles is friggin great. And, I DO believe he is the BEST they could have got....seriously the man is beyond words for me.

altered
03-10-2006, 04:45 AM
As far as AB becoming VH...doubt it....you can tell they all love playing with each other...obviously no problems thus far. If things continue like that they are bound to become more popular with time...they basically had to start over again, different singer comes a different sound. But, Myles is friggin great. And, I DO believe he is the BEST they could have got....seriously the man is beyond words for me.[/QUOTE]
Nice post!!

WhatSayYou
03-15-2006, 01:01 AM
I guess I didn't really get to the point with my original post. You see, Eddie VanHalen kept himself up on this pedestal and basically ran off Roth and Hagar. Both singers were great in their own right (in their day), but VanHalen's destruction came at the hands of it's pompas founder. Egos are a powerful thing.
Myles a replacement singer......no, and neither was Roth.

Alter_who?
03-15-2006, 02:50 AM
Yea, I see what you're saying. Tremonti is to Eddie as Myles is to Roth. The only thing I really don't agree with is that I don't see AB having the success that VH did.:(

eusebioCBR
03-15-2006, 03:11 AM
Yea, I see what you're saying. Tremonti is to Eddie as Myles is to Roth. The only thing I really don't agree with is that I don't see AB having the success that VH did.:(
are you saying Mark pushed Scott away(ended Creed) with an Eddie Van Halen ego?:wtf:

Creed7352
03-15-2006, 03:11 AM
and i don't see mark as having an ego or attitude...the numerous times i've met him he's been super down to earth and a nice guy.....on the other hand, after being a creed fan for 9 years, i've NEVER met stapp, NEVER. i've met the other guys, even before alter bridge, but never stapp. hmmm..

Alter_who?
03-15-2006, 03:15 AM
and i don't see mark as having an ego or attitude...the numerous times i've met him he's been super down to earth and a nice guy.....on the other hand, after being a creed fan for 9 years, i've NEVER met stapp, NEVER. i've met the other guys, even before alter bridge, but never stapp. hmmm..
Oh that's too bad. Did your mommy and daddy not let you stay out that late or what?

Alter_who?
03-15-2006, 03:17 AM
are you saying Mark pushed Scott away(ended Creed) with an Eddie Van Halen ego?:wtf:
Nothing to do with Scott. Talking about the future of AB.

WhatSayYou
03-15-2006, 03:22 AM
But hey, only time will tell. Right?

RoffeDH
03-15-2006, 04:27 AM
Oh that's too bad. Did your mommy and daddy not let you stay out that late or what?

WHAT! Are you stupid? Yes, that was a personal insult, but I do not like it when people say stuff like you did, trying to be a whise ass. The reason, for witch you for some reson can't see, he didn't get to meet Stapp is becouse Stapp is a diva, the others are not! I've met AB twice and both times they were extreamly friendly to us!

Alter_who?
03-15-2006, 08:57 PM
WHAT! Are you stupid? Yes, that was a personal insult, but I do not like it when people say stuff like you did, trying to be a whise ass. The reason, for witch you for some reson can't see, he didn't get to meet Stapp is becouse Stapp is a diva, the others are not! I've met AB twice and both times they were extreamly friendly to us!
Don't take things so seriously. I was only joking. But I don't agree with Stapp being a "Diva". Go to one of his shows and you might change your perspective. :dunno:

Wylde-Tremonti
03-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Don't take things so seriously. I was only joking. But I don't agree with Stapp being a "Diva". Go to one of his shows and you might change your perspective. :dunno:
You don't personally insult someone and not expect them to take it seriously. That's the whole point of insulting them. To demean them to make yourself look better. Grow up. If you can't act civil then get out. You have 13 posts and have not earned any respect on here with your comments. Do yourself a favor and Act with some dignity. You're not helping Stapp or his image by the way you are conducting yourself.

Alter_who?
03-16-2006, 12:12 AM
You don't personally insult someone and not expect them to take it seriously. That's the whole point of insulting them. To demean them to make yourself look better. Grow up. If you can't act civil then get out. You have 13 posts and have not earned any respect on here with your comments. Do yourself a favor and Act with some dignity. You're not helping Stapp or his image by the way you are conducting yourself.
Who pulled your chain junior? I don't take advice from teenagers.You can't even fathom my level of integrity. Frankly I'm not here to gain anyone's respect. It's a damn internet forum for pete's sake, not a holy sanctuary. I just come here to weed through all the crap and try to find useful information. I do not represent Stapp. He is his own man as am I. I see it is past your bedtime too.

eusebioCBR
03-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Who pulled your chain junior? I don't take advice from teenagers.You can't even fathom my level of integrity. Frankly I'm not here to gain anyone's respect. It's a damn internet forum for pete's sake, not a holy sanctuary. I just come here to weed through all the crap and try to find useful information. I do not represent Stapp. He is his own man as am I. I see it is past your bedtime too.
You do seem a little hostile but, you havn't come after me yet so no worries here:cool:
I'm not holding real high expectations for AB or Stapp because neither seems to be making that lightning strike.(lightning striking the same place twice-CREED)
I'm going to bet my money on Alter Bridge. I prefer the heavier sound and the absence of an ego intoxicated front man. There's just something about Scott that annoys me:confused:
If I'm wrong there's still alot of good BANDS out there.
SLIPKNOT, CHEVELLE, MUDVAYNE, DISTURBED........................
............and SMASHING PUMPKINS?(keeping my fingers crossed)

Creed7352
03-16-2006, 04:03 AM
you're awfully assuming "alter_who?"....you don't know shit about me and you make dumbass comments like that. *insert sarcasm*way to go, you're awesome! :rolleyes:

Creed7352
03-16-2006, 04:05 AM
I just come here to weed through all the crap and try to find useful information.

actually, from reading your posts, it seems as though you're here to stir shit and start arguments and insult people. if you don't like alter bridge, why do you spend time in the ab section?

RoffeDH
03-16-2006, 05:56 AM

Well, I haven't been to one since he's never come coles to my home... Not even London... Yet, but since I'm not that fond of his solo music I can't say I will either. But from fotage I've seen on him WITH CREED he was pretty much a diva. He had his own trailer and he was the one running the band not letting the others have any input what so ever to the songs, Mark wasn't alowed to solo as much as he wanted becouse of Stapp (Yes he have said that solos wouldn't have been suited for Creed, but that's becouse Stapp forced that sound to be that way, IMO!)... Stapp now have his solo career and he's happy with that... AB have their band and they're happy with that... Solo - Band... Who's the diva?

RoffeDH
03-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Alter_Who, you I must say... You are an idiot, YES! THAT WAS PERSONAL INSULT... But since you're acting as you are I can't seem to find any other words for it!

Mrprophetman
03-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha....ummm....Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!!!

RoffeDH
03-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Was that ironic or did you lough at my post?

Mrprophetman
03-25-2006, 09:18 PM
No, I was laughing at the statement that Alter Bridge would be the next Van Halen. That one was funny as all hell. Ha....Ha...Ha...Ha.

IamFilthy
03-25-2006, 09:57 PM
hey RoffeDH,...guitar solos aren't everything ya know. ALot of Creed songs didn't need them. I feel that he forced alot of unneccessary solos on ODR. But maybe that was his way of diverting attention away from the grammar school lyrics?..hmmmm

nagpo
03-25-2006, 10:04 PM
hey RoffeDH,...guitar solos aren't everything ya know. ALot of Creed songs didn't need them. I feel that he forced alot of unneccessary solos on ODR. But maybe that was his way of diverting attention away from the grammar school lyrics?..hmmmm
LOL

Ana4Stapp
03-26-2006, 12:35 AM
actually, from reading your posts, it seems as though you're here to stir shit and start arguments and insult people. if you don't like alter bridge, why do you spend time in the ab section?

i was about to ask the same question...:rolleyes:

eusebioCBR
03-26-2006, 01:17 AM
I still wonder if Scott Stapp will be the next David Lee Roth:laugh:

RoffeDH
03-26-2006, 07:12 AM

Ha ha! Are you for real? I mean, come on! They are not the least forced! No, solos aren't everything, but they are damn good and give you an extra dimension to the songs IMO. But hey, you don't have to like solos. But! Is it okey for someone to actually force someone in a band NOT to solo just becouse they don't like it while the other band is toataly for it...?

Wylde-Tremonti
03-26-2006, 03:12 PM
I think you just proved my point. Isn't it funny that a "teenager" can act more mature than you can? (wasn't it Scott Stapp who said "Time spent on the earth doesn't mean you've grown in mind?") Your level of integrity is represented by your actions and your words. And so far you haven't said or acted in anyway that might own up to amount of integrity you claim you have.

IamFilthy
03-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Ha ha! Are you for real? I mean, come on! They are not the least forced! No, solos aren't everything, but they are damn good and give you an extra dimension to the songs IMO. But hey, you don't have to like solos. But! Is it okey for someone to actually force someone in a band NOT to solo just becouse they don't like it while the other band is toataly for it...?

Yep, I'm for real. I do enjoy a good solo every now and again and Creed's music did have a few. Every other song doesn't need a solo. That would be a little repetitive. When I listen to a song I hear the general music and lyrics. If the music is good with great lyrics(hence Creed and solo Stapp) then you don't need solos on every other song. I don't care if Mark wakes Hell's demons with monsterous solos,.....if the lyrics are weak(hence AB) then the solo can't do a whole lot to save it.

nagpo
03-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I still wonder if Scott Stapp will be the next David Lee Roth:laugh:
whos that?

eusebioCBR
03-26-2006, 05:18 PM
whos that?

he was Van Halens frontman before Sammy, since you made the AB & VH link:D

Wylde-Tremonti
03-26-2006, 09:40 PM
he was Van Halens frontman before Sammy, since you made the AB & VH link:D
I reallllly hope he wasn't being serious...

RoffeDH
03-27-2006, 02:41 AM
Yep, I'm for real. I do enjoy a good solo every now and again and Creed's music did have a few. Every other song doesn't need a solo. That would be a little repetitive. When I listen to a song I hear the general music and lyrics. If the music is good with great lyrics(hence Creed and solo Stapp) then you don't need solos on every other song. I don't care if Mark wakes Hell's demons with monsterous solos,.....if the lyrics are weak(hence AB) then the solo can't do a whole lot to save it.

I could say the same thing about TGD, for me they're realy weak lyrics with a borken voice. But hey, that's just my opinion, I mean it's not like he's reapeting himself, oh wait a minuet... YES HE IS! But if you find the lyrics on TGD better then it's you opinion.

IamFilthy
03-27-2006, 01:02 PM
I could say the same thing about TGD, for me they're realy weak lyrics with a borken voice. But hey, that's just my opinion, I mean it's not like he's reapeting himself, oh wait a minuet... YES HE IS! But if you find the lyrics on TGD better then it's you opinion.

Your opinion......my opinion.............agreed.

RoffeDH
03-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Ah... Isn't it great when we see some friendlyness on this forum? Three years ago we would have agreed on most, now we agree on nothing...