Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Hey Alter Bridge fans! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Alter Bridge fans!

altered
02-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey, havnt been here for awhile! I was suprised to see people that dont like AB still come to this site! Its weird.I am ready to debate the person who said Myles shows off and is weird on stage and is bad for the band etc. What was that all about???? I also see alot of people have got to meet Myles in person, that is fantastic! He really is one of the coolest, sweetest guys on the planet.He has said nothing but good things about you also.Anyway, I seen a link on here of a large picture of Myles on the side of a building. I cant seem to find it now? Can anybody help?

bilal
02-24-2006, 05:48 PM
wow.... iam intrested in it too................ i mean in the link.............

altered
02-24-2006, 06:52 PM
wow.... iam intrested in it too................ i mean in the link.............
I am pretty sure someone had it on here.

RoffeDH
02-24-2006, 10:42 PM
I've tried to debate with the people dissing Myles over that reson, no use, they just don't get it.

Thanks Bilal, that messege you could actually read ;)

altered
02-25-2006, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE=RoffeDH]I've tried to debate with the people dissing Myles over that reson, no use, they just don't get it.

I have noticed the people that diss him have never seen him. Doesnt make sense. I read where someone dissed a person for going to see them several times.I have seen him alot and enjoy it every time.I actually dont mind debating these people, you learn why you like a band so much by defending them. But your right, sometimes they just dont get it.

altered
02-25-2006, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE=RoffeDH]I've tried to debate with the people dissing Myles over that reson, no use, they just don't get it.

I have noticed the people that diss him have never seen him. Doesnt make sense. I read where someone dissed a person for going to see them several times.I have seen him alot and enjoy it every time.I actually dont mind debating these people, you learn why you like a band so much by defending them. But your right, sometimes they just dont get it.

bilal
02-25-2006, 02:24 AM
I've tried to debate with the people dissing Myles over that reson, no use, they just don't get it.

Thanks Bilal, that messege you could actually read ;)

and i am flattered ................thank you very much for ur humble compliment.................its nice to have people like you aournd who do appreciate good when they see em.....very nice indeed.............

RoffeDH
02-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Wow... I'm... I'm speachless... You do know how to write in proper english... Just the 15,000 periods that have to go now ;) But hey, you're making progress :D

Yeah, people who diss him have never seen or met him, he's like the most awsome man alive, realy... Yeah, I belive it was Anna he dissed, hey she likes the band, so what?

bilal
02-25-2006, 09:50 AM
i feel Myles is a great person ............. may be because he is so down to earth ...........i havent actually meet him........but seein all the concert videos and band interviews............... i think the guy radiates an energy that is acceptable by all.............. he doesnt wana dominate or show off ................ and play along his nice humble way with others................ i just hope the guy remains the same as the band climbs to more hights of success ................ but i am sure he will............... i beleive Myles do have a strong Character........ i wish him all the best ..........and hope to see him in the years come!

titan9
02-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Well, the reason why some people who don't like AB still come to this site is because there is a Stapp forum here and this isn't strictly an AB site. Some Stapp fans, of course, don't care for AB, just as some AB fans don't care for Stapp. Personally, I'm an equal fan of both, so I spend my time on both this forum and the Stapp forum. Still, you will see anti-AB fans posting in this particular forum, just as you see anti-Stapp fans posting in Stapp's forum. All is fair, I suppose. ;)

altered
02-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, that is what happens.Nothing wrong with a good debate,but at least know what your talking about.Opinions are fine everybody has a different one, but when the facts are the completely wrong it is just stupid.Anybody that has met Myles knows he is a great guy and there are no facts saying other wise.

altered
02-25-2006, 02:47 PM
So nobody has seen that Picture of Myles that covers the side of the building and has people walking by on the sidewalk?

Creed7352
02-25-2006, 02:55 PM
this one?

http://www.alterbridge.com/images/tempSite/photos/zurich_swiss_3-11-05/zurich1.jpg

bilal
02-25-2006, 05:39 PM
nice pic .......... thanks creed7352............... hey altered............ is this the one u were sayin about!!

altered
02-25-2006, 08:04 PM
No, thats a cool one though. This one has a large picture of Myles on the side of a building and people walking by it on a sidewalk. Not sure if it was computer generated or real? It was really cool.

bilal
02-25-2006, 08:20 PM
and so ........... the search continues................

will it never end.............................................

Creed7352
02-25-2006, 08:21 PM
probably computer generated...i've not seen that one before.

altered
02-25-2006, 09:28 PM
probabley. It was cool, it showed Myles eyes looking up and had Alter Briddge written under it.Yep, the search continues.I have a couple cool photos I will try and put on here eventually.

altered
02-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Bridge, sorry!

RoffeDH
02-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Hey, altered, I'm doing the Stand Up And Shout site, a fansite for Myles... Maby you could send me the best pics of him that you have and we'll see if we post them on the site... You will be on a thankyou list in the pic section. But mail me your real name then too...

You can edit your posts you know ;)

RoffeDH
02-26-2006, 06:50 AM
double post!

bilal
02-26-2006, 07:45 AM
hye roffeDH............u forgot me..........ur buddy...... ur pal............ i have a thousand pic collection of Myles and MArk and creed..........and all.................ill send dem to u too..........but put my name on the front page................right next to tthe band.........or ill send u my pic..........u put that on the front page too.......ok.............yeh

RoffeDH
02-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Um... Just send me the good pics on Myles, no bad ones.
And no, your name will be on the picsektion at the very end of it like everybody elses...

altered
02-26-2006, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=RoffeDH]Hey, altered, I'm doing the Stand Up And Shout site, a fansite for Myles... Maby you could send me the best pics of him that you have and we'll see if we post them on the site... You will be on a thankyou list in the pic section. But mail me your real name then too...
Is your Myles site up now?

altered
02-26-2006, 02:37 PM
That post didnt work so well! I was just asking if your Myles site is up yet?

RoffeDH
02-26-2006, 02:48 PM
No not yet... I'm waiting for a guy to mail me if we can use some space on a server for free, couse I have no money!

altered
02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
When you get it going I will get you a great picture of Myles.

RoffeDH
02-27-2006, 05:54 AM
Thanks man! ;)

uncertaindrumer
02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, the reason why some people who don't like AB still come to this site is because there is a Stapp forum here and this isn't strictly an AB site. Some Stapp fans, of course, don't care for AB, just as some AB fans don't care for Stapp. Personally, I'm an equal fan of both, so I spend my time on both this forum and the Stapp forum. Still, you will see anti-AB fans posting in this particular forum, just as you see anti-Stapp fans posting in Stapp's forum. All is fair, I suppose. ;)

Ever the diplomat. ;) Oe of these days you will see the error of your ways. :D

titan9
02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Just as someday you will see the error of your ways. ;)

Ana4Stapp
02-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Just as someday you will see the error of your ways. ;)

lol!!!!!!:D

uncertaindrumer
02-28-2006, 08:22 AM
I don't think most sane people would claim *not* supporting Stapp is an error. But I don't know. I have never met those fabled "sane" people anyway... lol

titan9
02-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Perhaps I was referring to the fact that you loathe his music, not necessarily that you loathe the man behind it. God knows it is getting harder and harder to defend Stapp's actions(outside of the music)....actually, I stopped doing that about(looks at the calendar) four months ago. :laugh:

Creed7352
02-28-2006, 03:30 PM
and here i thought you were being tongue and cheek regarding his error on spelling...lol (he left out a letter or something)

uncertaindrumer
02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Perhaps I was referring to the fact that you loathe his music, not necessarily that you loathe the man behind it. God knows it is getting harder and harder to defend Stapp's actions(outside of the music)....actually, I stopped doing that about(looks at the calendar) four months ago. :laugh:

Well his music is crap too... off his album, only one song is even worht listening to... But seriously. I have a tough time listening to a singer I can't stand. A guitarist or bassist or drummer is different. Their instruments don't use their VOICE, so even if I think a guitarist is a jerk I can usually look past it... but a singer... *shudders*

titan9
02-28-2006, 05:45 PM
I've just decided to look past his personal issues and just enjoy the music itself. I admit, after the news broke of the tape, I couldn't stand to listen to his music for a couple of days. It just seemed tainted to me. But I eventually came to the conclusion that I can't expect the rock artists/bands that I like to be complete angels on the road. I can't expect them to resist all of the temptations in rock&roll. And even though I may disagree with a lot of the stuff they do on the road, I'm still a fan of the music itself.

I admit, TGD isn't a great album. I'd say it's about on par with Weathered, maybe a little better. But even so, I can pull out the album every once in a while and just enjoy the lyrics and vocals. Even the music isn't that bad. "Justify" is still the best song on that album, imo, but I can enjoy other songs like "Sublime" and even "Let Me Go"(which I hated at first).

Getting things back on track, I'm hoping AB's new CD is better than ODR. My main problem with ODR(and it is a very good debut album) is the ballads(which, if they were better, I wouldn't have a problem with them as I do enjoy occasional ballads). Well, that and the lyrics, which are a bit too simplistic, a bit too generic for me(the ever picky lyricist that I am :D). I'm hoping the next album is harder and that Myles does the majority of the lyrics.

bilal
02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
ODR rules....................... and TGD is a must have for a creed fan............... as simple as that ............

altered
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, here is my opinion, so someone can tear it apart.I liked Creed, never really thought they sounded like anybody,(Pearl Jam etc.) I thought they had there own sound.Made a few really good songs.Never thought alot of Scott, I have been hearing negative things about him forever and am still hearing things for that matter.I really like Alter Bridge, I have loved listening to Myles sing for years, Mark is really coming into to his own now and it shows.They are all really good people.Scotts solo efforts sound like a (much) weaker version of Creed.

altered
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, here is my opinion, so someone can tear it apart.I liked Creed, never really thought they sounded like anybody,(Pearl Jam etc.) I thought they had there own sound.Made a few really good songs.Never thought alot of Scott, I have been hearing negative things about him forever and am still hearing things for that matter.I really like Alter Bridge, I have loved listening to Myles sing for years, Mark is really coming into to his own now and it shows.They are all really good people.Scotts solo efforts sound like a (much) weaker version of Creed.

uncertaindrumer
02-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Titan, if you like good lyrics why do you like Creed... *rolleyes* heh

But yeah, I am hoping their next album blows ODR out of the water becaues ODR... eh. Three really good songs (FTR, ODR, Metalingus), and a bunch of filler. Even the great songs had mediocre lyrics (save the verses to FTR which were GREAT... I believe Myles wrote those...). Beyond that... I don't mind ballads and softer songs. I really don't. But MARK CAN'T DO THEM!!!! Geez man, you can make riffs, solos, and shred like nobody's business. STICK TO THAT!! Your ballads are... weak.

And Myles needs to write more. Lots more.

facelessmike
02-28-2006, 09:26 PM

But yeah, I am hoping their next album blows ODR out of the water becaues ODR... eh. Three really good songs (FTR, ODR, Metalingus), and a bunch of filler. Even the great songs had mediocre lyrics (save the verses to FTR which were GREAT... I believe Myles wrote those...). Beyond that... I don't mind ballads and softer songs. I really don't. But MARK CAN'T DO THEM!!!! Geez man, you can make riffs, solos, and shred like nobody's business. STICK TO THAT!! Your ballads are... weak.

And Myles needs to write more. Lots more.

Mediocre lyrics, sure...but I dont consider anything on ODR filler - its too awesome! Looking forward to Myles having much input on the next album.

titan9
02-28-2006, 09:43 PM

Lol, because I really relate to Creed's lyrics and think Stapp was/is a very talented lyricist. Look at his stuff on MOP and HC. Very good stuff, lyrically, imo. Much better lyrics than a lot of current bands have.

Plus, I think, in some respects, Bono and Stapp are similiar lyrically. Being a big fan of Bono's lyrics(which I think are brilliant), I can appreciate someone who has somewhat similiar lyrics. There are many other reasons for me liking Creed's lyrics so much....I really could go on and on about it, but I'll stop now. :laugh:

I don't know about anything on ODR being filler, but I can say this: I can easily skip a good amount of the tracks and not feel too guilty about it(like I would feel guilty skipping tracks on U2's Joshua Tree or Creed's MOP, two of my absolute favorite CDs). I can only listen to FTR, ODR, BID, Metalingus, SMS and OYE and feel perfectly content. Likewise, I can do that with TGD....I can only listen to Justify, Fight Song, Hard Way, Surround Me and Broken and feel pretty good about it. But I don't think that makes the tracks I skip filler...I think it just makes them not quite as good as the awesome tracks on the CD. :D

Ana4Stapp
02-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Plus, I think, in some respects, Bono and Stapp are similiar lyrically. Being a big fan of Bono's lyrics(which I think are brilliant), I can appreciate someone who has somewhat similiar lyrics. There are many other reasons for me liking Creed's lyrics so much....I really could go on and on about it, but I'll stop now. :laugh:

;) This is why I love you Titan...

Finaldecision
03-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Of course Mark can write ballads. Lyrically as well as musicially I! Look at Broken Wings: Incredible and very beautiful guitarintro; wonderful lyrics!

altered
03-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Mediocre lyrics, sure...but I dont consider anything on ODR filler - its too awesome! Looking forward to Myles having much input on the next album.
1. The next cd will be harder and heavier 2.Myles will have alot more input as far as lyrics 3.Myles will play more guitar 4.Marks solos will be crazzzy.

RoffeDH
03-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Altered, don't know about Myles playing more guitar... But the rest are probobly true, probobly and hopefully... :D

uncertaindrumer
03-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Of course Mark can write ballads. Lyrically as well as musicially I! Look at Broken Wings: Incredible and very beautiful guitarintro; wonderful lyrics!

LAME lyrics. And a totally unoriginal song in every respect, as well. Anyone can write lyrics like those. How many times have people used the broken wings line? Seriously.

Anyway, Bono has some great lyrics. some REALLY great lyrics. Stapp has nothing like Bono... at all... Some of the stuff on MOP was better, I'll grant you that, but none of it ever got close to Bono's better work, especially Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby. I love Achtung Baby. I think that is my favorite album of all time. I can listen to every single song. Every single one. And I am picky, as we all know...

Ana4Stapp
03-02-2006, 10:43 AM

Anyway, Bono has some great lyrics. some REALLY great lyrics. Stapp has nothing like Bono... at all... Some of the stuff on MOP was better, I'll grant you that, but none of it ever got close to Bono's better work, especially Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby. I love Achtung Baby. I think that is my favorite album of all time. I can listen to every single song. Every single one. And I am picky, as we all know...

Agreed!!!!! Agreed! !!!! ;)

I cant believe I missed U2 here...grrr! :mad:

altered
03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Altered, don't know about Myles playing more guitar... But the rest are probobly true, probobly and hopefully... :D
Myles feels more comfortable with a guitar in his hands, he was a guitar player before he was a singer and has always had one strapped on.Plus in just adds to there sound and gives Mark more opportunitys to be creative.You dont have to hope, its all true! But we do have to waite!

bilal
03-02-2006, 10:30 PM
..... yeh......... myles is a good guitar player............ i mean.........he was aguitar tutor before he formed his own band...............

altered
03-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah, he really is a good guitar player.

titan9
03-03-2006, 04:06 PM

Oh, don't think I meant that Stapp's best work is as good as Bono's on classic albums like Joshua Tree and Achtung baby. No way is it because Bono is a legend....Stapp isn't. Bono has consistently been really good, lyrically, on all the U2 albums while Stapp has....well, he hasn't been great since Human Clay. But all I meant was that, in a lot of respects, when I listen to Stapp's lyrics(on MOP, mainly) I am reminded a lot of Bono and some of the things he writes about. I can see the parallels between the two.

As for Achtung, ah, I love a lot of the songs on there(particularly "One"), but I prefer Joshua Tree, both lyrically and musically. JT just seems to be stronger(look at the top 7 tracks....just brilliant) in pretty much every way. JMO, though.

nagpo
03-03-2006, 05:01 PM
while Stapp has....well, he hasn't been great since Human Clay.

do u have any idea of what u r talking about? obviously not or u wouldent have said that.

Finaldecision
03-03-2006, 05:48 PM
LAME lyrics. And a totally unoriginal song in every respect, as well. Anyone can write lyrics like those. How many times have people used the broken wings line? Seriously..

You have to watch the whole lyrics and not only the broken wings line. And these are not the only well written lyrics to me. Look at Burn It Down: The song is talking about something I can identify with. Well I don't often "drink too much", but I can identify with the whole meaning of the song. And Broken Wings, to me, is a very good song. Just listen to the intro, it's so beautiful. Where do you find anything like this in similiar bands to AB? Mark did write many good songs on ODR to me. Great melodies, emotions and solos! Or look at Watch Your Words; this song is just unconventional!

Another great ballad to me is Shed My Skin. So emotional towards the end. Well-written lyrics, nice songstructure with this powerful pre-chorus and bridge/end.

titan9
03-03-2006, 06:43 PM
do u have any idea of what u r talking about? obviously not or u wouldent have said that.

I was talking about him from a lyrical perspective, not performance or vocal-wise. The lyrics on Weathered weren't that great(imo) and his solo lyrics aren't amazing, either. They're good, but not great(imo) and that was my point.

bilal
03-10-2006, 08:42 PM
You have to watch the whole lyrics and not only the broken wings line. And these are not the only well written lyrics to me. Look at Burn It Down: The song is talking about something I can identify with. Well I don't often "drink too much", but I can identify with the whole meaning of the song. And Broken Wings, to me, is a very good song. Just listen to the intro, it's so beautiful. Where do you find anything like this in similiar bands to AB? Mark did write many good songs on ODR to me. Great melodies, emotions and solos! Or look at Watch Your Words; this song is just unconventional!

Another great ballad to me is Shed My Skin. So emotional towards the end. Well-written lyrics, nice songstructure with this powerful pre-chorus and bridge/end.

ditto that ...kindly!

siobhonn@currie
03-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Anyone know of a new album yet?

altered
03-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Anyone know of a new album yet?
They are working on it!