Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I wonder? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I wonder?

JPB
02-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Does anyone know if Mark has listened to Scott's album. If so I wonder what he thinks about it. If maybe he thinks songs like "Hard Way" and "Fight Song" are about him.

geletmote
02-03-2006, 10:20 AM
robert plant is asking the same

nagpo
02-03-2006, 02:55 PM
yeah, has mark even said anything about the album?

facelessmike
02-03-2006, 05:07 PM
I read an interview somewhere with Mark saying something like:

I've run into some fans who I think were hoping for something a little harder from Scott's album.

So, he must have heard it. I interpret that to be referring to the latter half of TGD. Also, I remember Stapp saying on one of his many past radio interviews that he listened to ODR, and that it would have been different if he had worked on it.

GregS
02-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Ye.. if Stapp worked on ODR you could of jus forgot about all those insane solo's...

tremonti4life04
02-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Ye.. if Stapp worked on ODR you could of jus forgot about all those insane solo's...

And you could have also forgot about myles singing....

facelessmike
02-04-2006, 04:57 AM
And you could have also forgot about myles singing....

lol :cool:

IamFilthy
02-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I personally would give up the long solos to have Stapp on vocals,....but that's just me and my opinion

Chase
02-04-2006, 08:43 PM
I personally would give up the long solos to have Stapp on vocals,....but that's just me and my opinion

I second that. Also... Stapp on vocals and less solos made Mark a millionaire.

shiver
02-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Someone once said, something like this;

Whoever took the solo out of rock, was an idiot. ;)

INDIGOSTEVE
02-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Solos are so boring, give me a great voice instead

GregS
02-05-2006, 08:40 AM
You gotta love solo's..

Anna1011
02-05-2006, 12:40 PM
i think i heard somewhere that Kenny from Logan gave Mark a copy of Scotts album and he just binned it or something like that

GregS
02-05-2006, 12:55 PM
^ Lol. Mark wouldnt of been happy :P

RoffeDH
02-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Maby it was a joke... And I'd say that Nirvanas the idiots... For they took the solos out of rock... Becous of them rock became what it did... Grung...

So thanks Kurt for making rock suck... And thanks Mark for forcing togeather rock with roll...

Who can't love a solo, I wish I could solo, but I can't... I hope you guys aren't guitarists ;)

Anna1011
02-05-2006, 03:11 PM
^ Lol. Mark wouldnt of been happy :P
im thinkin it was given him as a joke or something lol

Rawker
02-05-2006, 04:34 PM
aye anna it was mick, he said that he only had one copy and mark just put it strait in the bin. the person who said they would rather have stapps vocals instead of myles and less or marks solos. thats shit in my opinion, i dont like listening to creed coz there is no soloing and i find stapps voice tacky when myles i feel can hit all the notes he needs to pitch perfect.

shiver
02-05-2006, 04:41 PM
I got no problem with Nirvana. They didn't take the solo out of rock. It was a progression. I'm not saying that every song should have a solo. I don't know if anyone here has seen the Metallica doc, Some Kind of Monster, but Kirk Hammet basically said he didn't want to force a solo, it has to be natural and have a flow. It doesn't work with some songs.
But on the other hand, it does take a master musician to work a killer solo into a song, and I like to here those killer solos.

Robin101
02-05-2006, 04:55 PM
it has to be natural and have a flow. It doesn't work with some songs.
But on the other hand, it does take a master musician to work a killer solo into a song, and I like to here those killer solos.

Totally agree with you. I was a bit worried that Mark would go OTT with his work in ODR. But his solo in OYE is excellent - love the OYE video when he hits it.

His best solo, IMO, was in Stand Here With Me.

Take Care

Anna1011
02-06-2006, 05:41 AM
aye anna it was mick, he said that he only had one copy and mark just put it strait in the bin. the person who said they would rather have stapps vocals instead of myles and less or marks solos. thats shit in my opinion, i dont like listening to creed coz there is no soloing and i find stapps voice tacky when myles i feel can hit all the notes he needs to pitch perfect.
i thought i had gone crazy and made it all up lol but i knew id read it somewhere

RoffeDH
02-06-2006, 06:20 AM
I got no problem with Nirvana. They didn't take the solo out of rock. It was a progression. I'm not saying that every song should have a solo. I don't know if anyone here has seen the Metallica doc, Some Kind of Monster, but Kirk Hammet basically said he didn't want to force a solo, it has to be natural and have a flow. It doesn't work with some songs.

The thing is, Nirvana made it defenit... Most authoroties would say Nirvana put the rock out of the roll...

Every song does not need to be a solo, but I do love the solos.

IMO Marks best solo by far is Ahavo Rabo Taco Sallad... Insane! :mad1:

adparaiki
02-06-2006, 09:58 AM

Yeah but I really don't think Scott would have got rid off all the solo's.
If you check out the Creed interview with Scott & Scott lol Scott stapp will say he would like Mark to solo more.

oh and ok the guitar work on My Sacrifice and Open your eyes is very very similar put the solo to Open your eyes in my sacrifice and oh my god!.

ne way My Sacrifice it 100 times better then open your eyes so can you imagine if their was a 4th Creed album!.

IamFilthy
02-06-2006, 06:00 PM

THATS SHIT,.......in my opinion

nagpo
02-06-2006, 08:31 PM
THATS SHIT,.......in my opinion
its shit in my openion to.

Chase
02-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Mark does have to be careful though. If he tries to force a solo in inappropriate moments... he'll make himself look like too much of a show-off. I've heard that argument made by people after hearing "Open Your Eyes."

Bridge of Clay
02-07-2006, 07:18 AM
See quote in my signature. Have a nice day.

Mrprophetman
02-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't like solos either. I think we've discussed that before...and I was told I'm IGNORANT.

creedlvr
02-08-2006, 08:44 AM
IMO ... solos are annyoying. Maybe one here and there ... if they are kept short.

titan9
02-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't think anyone should be calling those who don't like solos "stupid". The fact is, not everyone likes guitar solos. I happen to love solos, but I realize that not everyone enjoys'em as much as I do. Does that make those who dislike solos "stupid"? No. If that's the case....a whole lot of people(most of the world) are stupid. And that's just not true.

Trimontana
02-08-2006, 12:06 PM
IMO ... solos are annyoying. Maybe one here and there ... if they are kept short.

best rock bands have guitar solos on their songs. and i agree with Marcos and his sig :D

creedlvr
02-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't think anyone should be calling those who don't like solos "stupid". The fact is, not everyone likes guitar solos. I happen to love solos, but I realize that not everyone enjoys'em as much as I do. Does that make those who dislike solos "stupid"? No. If that's the case....a whole lot of people(most of the world) are stupid. And that's just not true.
Thank you!:)

nagpo
02-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Thank you!:)
yeah, titan always makes the best posts