Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
need some help... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : need some help...

nagpo
01-27-2006, 10:48 PM
posting a creed banner in my signature. ive tries imageshack and photo bucket. nothings working please help.

Steve
01-28-2006, 02:36 AM
Images are disabled.

nagpo
01-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Images are disabled.
that sucks. why?

TeriB19
01-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Too distracting, take up too much space. Oh, and we like it that way. ;)

nagpo
01-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Too distracting, take up too much space. Oh, and we like it that way. ;)
:wtf:

TeriB19
01-28-2006, 10:31 PM
If you've ever posted at places like the Pit, you know that the pages sometimes take forever to load, especially for those with dial up, because of all the images in signatures/banners. We prefer the fast-loading, image-free way that Creedfeed has looked for the past several years. Why change it now?

nagpo
01-28-2006, 11:46 PM
If you've ever posted at places like the Pit, you know that the pages sometimes take forever to load, especially for those with dial up, because of all the images in signatures/banners.We prefer the fast-loading, image-free way that Creedfeed has looked for the past several years. Why change it now?
maybe u could put a poll on the site asking people if they want the option for pics in their sigs. why change it now? nows a better time than never. i mean to make it so their wouldent be such a loading prob u could put a strict size rule on the pic.
i want to put this in my sig.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a384/roopu/creedbanner5wd.jpg

TeriB19
01-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Address this to Steve, it's his board, he pays for it and he runs it as he sees fit. The rest of us really like the way it's run and the way it looks. Personally, I like the board without sigs and I know I'm not alone. But knock your socks off.

Steve
01-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Images won't be added. Like Teri said, it's disabled to prevent huge images distracting the threads and causing page load issues for those with slower connections. Besides, it's not what's in your signature that makes this board interesting, it's the discussions. :)

And as far as that banner you posted a link to - it wouldn't fit in the forum. The current forum has a set width so the space your post fits in is fairly small. That banner is wider than the signature area. Just another reason why images are disabled. People posting larger images would distort the display of the pages.

nagpo
01-29-2006, 11:25 AM
ok, no images. i got it.

Rocketqueen
03-20-2006, 01:59 AM
ok, no images. i got it.
i was also unaware of this although i never wanted to do an image and thats why it sounds to complicated anyways