Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Internet Wireles [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Internet Wireles

Trimontana
01-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I just wanna know your opinion guys. I will move at the end of this month into a new house and i wanna know if it's worth to have internert wireles, i mean, if the connection is as good as a normal internet connection. Thanks y'all cause i am a bit green about this :D

RMadd
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM
i love having wireless! i live in a house w/ 3 other guys. we've got hi-speed internet (provided by a local monopoly of sorts), and in one of the rooms we have a router, so that the 3 of us who have computers can use it. if you have a laptop, all new ones come w/ a built-in wireless card of some capacity, meaning you would just need to get the router for your house or apartment.

Unforgiven Fan
01-06-2006, 04:40 PM
I had wireless internet but I switched back to a land line connection. Connection was great (DSL speed) but the idea that some stranger can more easly monitor and actually piggyback and use the connection is not a comforting idea for me.

RMadd
01-06-2006, 05:00 PM
ay, very true. but if you don't know how to set up an encrypted, secure connection, if you use Best Buy, they can send out Geek Squad to give you a hand. they sometimes have specials that make this service a little cheaper and easier to swallow. i guess if you're by yourself, using the land-line wouldn't hurt.