Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Please play Watch Your Words for Michael [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Please play Watch Your Words for Michael

The Lithium
01-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Please play Watch Your Words 9pm GMT, (21:00), tmorrow night. (Friday the 6th).

This idea came up a few days ago on ABB.net. Since Watch Your Words is Michael's favorit AB song, we thought we'd try to spread more positive energry around him by all playing this song at the exact same time.

Here's the original thread up at ABB.net --> AlterBridgeBand.net (http://alterbridgeband.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5442&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

RoffeDH
01-05-2006, 10:36 AM
So for sweden it would be at eight? Right? (20:00)... On americas westcost it would be 12:00

The Lithium
01-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Nah, we're + one hour in Sweden, aren't we? So it'd be around 22:00 PM, for us.

titan9
01-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Will definitely do. If I'm not mistaken, that's about 9:00 PM EST here in Michigan.

RMadd
01-05-2006, 07:12 PM
actually, i think EST is 5 hrs behind GMT, so that would make it around 4 pm. someone else correct me if i'm wrong, but then that would be 3 pm for CST, 2 pm for MST, and 1 pm for PST.

Dogstar
01-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Yep, you are correct, BearFan.

And this is a cool idea. I'm in.

guitardude1985
01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Can do :smokin:

facelessmike
01-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Definitely!!
Lets see...that would be 2 pm for me
Here's to Michael rocking on! :D

RobertGene13
01-05-2006, 09:33 PM
This should help...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Get better Michael.

rabidgopher04
01-05-2006, 11:05 PM
And this will help how...?

Maybe we should all play at the same time favorite songs for kids who have cancer! 'Cause, gee, they'll be able to hear it and all...

Ana4Stapp
01-05-2006, 11:13 PM

Why not ? Like Lith said we can try to spread more positive energy to Michael trough the music , but if you dont believe in this kind of thing...

Maybe we should all play at the same time favorite songs for kids who have cancer! 'Cause, gee, they'll be able to hear it and all...

why the use of irony here?:eek:

RoffeDH
01-06-2006, 08:51 AM

GET OF THE FORUM! That's my reaction! :mad1:
If Michael knows about this he will be thinking of it and feel this! That is my belife! I belive in god, this will be like a prayer becouse who says how one should pray! YES! We could actually do that... BUT! There is one small thing that you're missing, we don't know how God works, and I belive that you should pray for things close to you heart, and I'm sorry but "cancerkids" ain't close to my heart!

Plus, who are you to say this wouldn't work?

rabidgopher04
01-06-2006, 11:02 AM
...I belive that you should pray for things close to you heart, and I'm sorry but "cancerkids" ain't close to my heart!
Why is a man who is close to the entertainment industry closer to your heart than anyone else who is suffering. What makes his suffering greater than anyone else's - especially people who have a terminal disease?

Why hold Micheal Tremonti on such a high pedastal? I just don't see how his medical problems are any greater than others.

Plus, who are you to say this wouldn't work?
Well, gee, if I would have known that playing a song after I was injured would cure me I would have done it too.

I didn't know "Watch Your Words" counted as a prayer.

This whole idea is just hokie to me, sorry.

Steve
01-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Why is a man who is close to the entertainment industry closer to your heart than anyone else who is suffering. What makes his suffering greater than anyone else's - especially people who have a terminal disease?

Why hold Micheal Tremonti on such a high pedastal? I just don't see how his medical problems are any greater than others.

I can't speak for others but for myself, Michael is not just "brother of Tremonti" or "close to the entertainment industry" - he has become a friend. And if it's wrong to try to support a friend who is recovering in the hospital, then arrest me now.

Dogstar
01-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Thank you, Steve.

Michael's not a close friend or anything, but he's someone I have met and talked to and someone who was very kind and giving of his time. It makes no difference if he is "close to the entertainment industry." If that is why you think we are doing this, then that's pretty sad. He's a human being who could use a few good thoughts and prayers. There are plenty of others on that list of mine as well.

We heard about this accident and it's just something positive we can do to feel as if maybe we are helping in some small way. It would be nice if we could just keep something like this positive instead of having it turn into some sort of needless debate.

The Lithium
01-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I've talked to Michael a few times over the internet and he has always been very nice to me. And I've met him once, and he was even nicer then. I'm not gonna play Watch Your Words tonight because Mark's brother is hurt. I'm gonna play it because a man who has done some real nice stuff to me deserves it!

Ana4Stapp
01-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I've talked to Michael a few times over the internet and he has always been very nice to me. And I've met him once, and he was even nicer then. I'm not gonna play Watch Your Words tonight because Mark's brother is hurt. I'm gonna play it because a man who has done some real nice stuff to me deserves it!

;)

titan9
01-06-2006, 02:05 PM
actually, i think EST is 5 hrs behind GMT, so that would make it around 4 pm. someone else correct me if i'm wrong, but then that would be 3 pm for CST, 2 pm for MST, and 1 pm for PST.

Yeah, you're right. I know the standard U.S. Time zones well, but am pretty unfamilar with the rest of the world. :D

The Lithium
01-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Here it goes... Hope you're all playing it now! :D

"To truely see well you must have faith"

The Lithium
01-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I think I just lost myself a couple of brain cells. Man, is my neck gonna hurt tomorrow?

Dogstar
01-06-2006, 07:02 PM
LOL, Lith! I played it...twice in a row :D

The Lithium
01-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I played that, and other songs I could relate to this happening.

-Shed My Skin
-The End Is Here
-Down To My Last
-Open Your Eyes
-Burn It Down
-Metalingus
-Broken Wings

RoffeDH
01-08-2006, 06:14 AM

Well, gee, if I would have known that playing a song after I was injured would cure me I would have done it too.

I didn't know "Watch Your Words" counted as a prayer.

This whole idea is just hokie to me, sorry.

Becouse he's nice, I've only met him once but he was realy nice to me. It has nothing to do with him being in the entertainment industry, it mwouldn't have made the slightest different, as long as I knew him offcourse.

Actually, playing music that an injured person likes does help, it's a medical fact! Especially if you're in a coma, then music will realy healp you wake up faster in most cases!

The reason "Watch You Words" is a prayer is becouse you make it one! If I wanted a movie to be a prayer it is! As long as I belvie it.

Now to the most desturbing part of my persona, why "cancer kids" aint close to my hart... I've never met one! I've never ever met one! How can I pray for things that I do not know of! How! Tell me! I can't deskribe anything about being in the pressens of cancer! My familie's been blessed, that's all I can say.