Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Punishment for Spammers? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Punishment for Spammers?

RMadd
12-17-2005, 03:32 AM
I was wondering if there was a way we might be able to exact revenge upon people who spam the boards w/ ipod ads and such and contribute nothing else. why not require everyone who registers to have some email address that requires notification (i'm not sure if this is a requisite step; i can't remember) before joining. then, that way, if a member comes across someone w/ like 2 posts spamming, then everyone can send 'em billions of emails to spam 'em back. we could also make a "spammers most wanted" list by leaving those email addresses available for us to continually spam them back 3 and 4 months down the road, even after their accounts on here have been terminated and deleted.

Steve
12-17-2005, 10:56 AM
I do require email activation. I also just enabled a "bot script prevention" thingy. Basically you have to type in the letters that appear in the little graphic before registering - you may have seen that on other sites, like ticketmaster? So once you hand-type the letters and register, you get sent an email with a link to click to validate your email.

This morning, due to the recent spam which you are referring to, I have taken the liberty of banning the entire set of free e-mail accounts from which the previous spammer was using. The site had about 100 domain names to choose from when setting up an e-mail account. Those are no longer allowed now :)

TeriB19
12-17-2005, 11:20 PM
I think if we just start killing them, it may act as a deterrant. ;)

Dogstar
12-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Hahaha!

RMadd
12-22-2005, 09:34 PM
I think if we just start killing them, it may act as a deterrant. ;)
:hammerlol

:shoot::killtard:

it's too bad steve doesn't have the smilie package from ABRocks on here... i think there was a Spam container on there, if i'm not mistaken

Steve
12-23-2005, 01:00 AM
^^ Thanks for reminding me. I'll add the smilies from ABRocks over here sometime in the next week when I get a chance.

Steve
01-01-2006, 12:13 PM
this is a test

testing a quote

Lechium
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Stab them with a 12" rubber dildo.
You heard me -- *stab* them.
It will take time and effort, but I think they deserve it.
Anyone who comes to this messageboard without intentions to make this board a more pleasant place deserves it.
..wait...

metalchris25
05-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Anyone who comes to this messageboard without intentions to make this board a more pleasant place deserves it.
..wait...

I must agree, but lets make it a drive-by dildo stabbing.

Rocketqueen
05-03-2006, 12:20 PM
..wait...
:) we shall double our efforts :) you make it a pleasure to be around Lechium ~~

TeriB19
05-07-2006, 09:31 PM
..wait...

DAMN!!! Why oh WHY did I get rid of my 12" rubber dildo??

Hi Lech. :)

JulieCitySlicker
07-13-2006, 12:18 AM
This thread has me crackin up:lolsign: