Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Myles is more of a Show off than Stapp [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Myles is more of a Show off than Stapp

geletmote
12-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Myles is more of a show of than Stapp, without offending anybody he has the potential to destroy this band with those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar I dont like his image, it doesnt suit Tremo, Flip, or Brian. HIs taking the whole rockstar thing too far, end of the day our makers gone away..

Steve
12-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Myles is more of a show of than Stapp, without offending anybody he has the potential to destroy this band with those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar

Please explain the bolded part. I don't follow?

Dogstar
12-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I don't get what moves you are talking about. I've seen AB five times and I never once thought of Myles as a showoff. He dances around a lot, but then, so did Scott Stapp. :confused:

geletmote
12-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Please explain the bolded part. I don't follow?

apologies that was ment to be the f word, in a respectable way..

evyllsummer
12-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Myles is more of a show of than Stapp, without offending anybody he has the potential to destroy this band with those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar I dont like his image, it doesnt suit Tremo, Flip, or Brian. HIs taking the whole rockstar thing too far, end of the day our makers gone away..

(sigh)...I'm sorry, but you're incorrect...

Steve
12-10-2005, 12:53 AM
apologies that was ment to be the f word, in a respectable way..

I meant explain what you mean by "those moves" - I don't know what you're talking about. As Dogstar said, I've seen them several times live, and other than wailing away on the guitar or dancing around with the microphone stand, Myles generally doesn't take any more of the spotlight than Mark does when he shows off his shredding abilities. Please explain what you are referring to?

geletmote
12-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I meant explain what you mean by "those moves" - I don't know what you're talking about. As Dogstar said, I've seen them several times live, and other than wailing away on the guitar or dancing around with the microphone stand, Myles generally doesn't take any more of the spotlight than Mark does when he shows off his shredding abilities. Please explain what you are referring to?

Im just not liking his vibe, have u noticed he doesnt know were to put his arm that isnt holidng the microphone at the time, it looks terrible, dont get me wrong I like AB very much, but creed is the ultimate for me, stapp is amazing on stage , I mean did u see THE great divide live on leno, it wasnt the best performance band wise but the things stapp was doin were awesome, his jsut cool man, myles puts this whole im a rokstar its gotten to my head thought, his sense of humour will not make the band succesful. I have this bootleg and I here him say to a fan "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? OHH Dont get me started" I mean wat the hell is that? He has potential to destroy this band, there is no chance they will be more succesful than creed.

Creed7352
12-10-2005, 02:30 AM
Im just not liking his vibe, have u noticed he doesnt know were to put his arm that isnt holidng the microphone at the time, it looks terrible, dont get me wrong I like AB very much, but creed is the ultimate for me, stapp is amazing on stage , I mean did u see THE great divide live on leno, it wasnt the best performance band wise but the things stapp was doin were awesome, his jsut cool man, myles puts this whole im a rokstar its gotten to my head thought, his sense of humour will not make the band succesful. I have this bootleg and I here him say to a fan "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? OHH Dont get me started" I mean wat the hell is that? He has potential to destroy this band, there is no chance they will be more succesful than creed.

no, he says that to one of the other band members...i have that bootleg as well.

and i don't see any "im a rokstar its gotten to my head though" anywhere...

Dogstar
12-10-2005, 02:44 AM
I don't, either. I think Myles is pretty tame compared to some. Every time I've seen them, he has gone out of his way to shake hands and high-five a lot of the fans on the rail.

Trimontana
12-10-2005, 05:24 AM
Myles is an awesome lead singer, always nice and super sweet with everyone and standing on the cold talking to everyone. He has a hell of a presence on stage (nothing to do with a stupid rock star), he always talks to the audience and makes jokes and he have never offended anyone. The guys have fun on stage and they put a great show. I have been in 9 gigs and i have always had the chance to chat to them and Myles is one of the nicest people i have never met.

Geletmote, i dont think you are talking since a point of view where you dislike Myles just from the fact that you like Stapp and you dont wanna see the reality. If you consider Stapp a better lead singer, thats you personal opinion. If AB fans like AB is cause we like Myles too. I would never change MYles for another singer......we love Myles :D

geletmote
12-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Myles is an awesome lead singer, always nice and super sweet with everyone and standing on the cold talking to everyone. He has a hell of a presence on stage (nothing to do with a stupid rock star), he always talks to the audience and makes jokes and he have never offended anyone. The guys have fun on stage and they put a great show. I have been in 9 gigs and i have always had the chance to chat to them and Myles is one of the nicest people i have never met.

Geletmote, i dont think you are talking since a point of view where you dislike Myles just from the fact that you like Stapp and you dont wanna see the reality. If you consider Stapp a better lead singer, thats you personal opinion. If AB fans like AB is cause we like Myles too. I would never change MYles for another singer......we love Myles :D

Wow uve seen them 9 times, theres a certain point were u cross the line been a fan I mean his seen ya 9 times im sure he believes ur a huge fan but at teh same time sumthings wrong with you. just say gday once or twice then let them live, there humans too u know.

Trimontana
12-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Wow uve seen them 9 times, theres a certain point were u cross the line been a fan I mean his seen ya 9 times im sure he believes ur a huge fan but at teh same time sumthings wrong with you. just say gday once or twice then let them live, there humans too u know.

That you wouldnt do it, doesn't mean thats something wrong with me. So dont fucking patronize me.

RoffeDH
12-10-2005, 06:58 AM
Geletmote, I'm starting to dislike you! If I could I would alsow go and see them more, but I've only seen them twice and both times in London... And I live in Sweden, last time I went to London JUST to see them...

And your talk about Myles being a show off is just bullshit, he gives the stage to Mark, and Mark gives the stage to Myles. Mark'll go like "I don't think you've heard Myles play the guitar, he's not just a singer he can shread too" and then Myles begins to shread and after he says "Now the the real f'cking guitar player, Mr Mark Tremonti" and then Mark plays... So don't go f'cking bout Myles being a show off... He gives the stage away, he interracts with the audience, he's the sweetest guy on the earth and he sang "stand up and shout" for me after the gig ;)

And what do you mean with "those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar", WHAT MOVEMENTS? And ", have u noticed he doesnt know were to put his arm that isnt holidng the microphone at the time" what? I haven't noticed that he doesn't know that... I think he's very "tame" to quote Dogstar... So don't go f'cking on Myles just couse you think that Stapp was better, that's your opinion... We need no more of these threads, we know people disslike Stapp and Myles, that you like one of them and rearly both... So don't do a new thread for it!

The Lithium
12-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Dude, you can't even prove your point and no body understands of agrees with you!

He has potential to destroy this band, there is no chance they will be more succesful than creed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Stapp's behavior the reason Creed broke up? And it seems Flip, Brian and Mark all loves Myles. So it's pretty much the other way around. Stapp had potential to destory Creed, Myles hasn't with AB.

Seriously... What's wrong with you? What is it that makes you want to constantly insult other people for no reason at all? This is even worse than the time you insulted Gabi for listening to Papa Roach! That was way out of line!!... Now you are insulting her for seeing her, and one of yours, favourit bands live. If I was the admin on this forum, you would have been banned a long time ago. (Still think you are doing a great job Steve, and the rest. This guy has just been impolite to me more than once, so to speak).

Anyway Gabi, I really envy you, I've "only" seen 'em live two times... And Gelemote... Let me ask you. How many times have YOU seen AB live in person? Oh, that's right, NONE!!! Maybe you should see a show for yourself before saying these things about Myles being a bad live preformer.

Geletmote, I'm starting to dislike you!
Yeah, don't even get me started on that!

This thread should be closed, this is leading nowhere!

geletmote
12-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Dude, you can't even prove your point and no body understands of agrees with you!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Stapp's behavior the reason Creed broke up? And it seems Flip, Brian and Mark all loves Myles. So it's pretty much the other way around. Stapp had potential to destory Creed, Myles hasn't with AB.

Seriously... What's wrong with you? What is it that makes you want to constantly insult other people for no reason at all? This is even worse than the time you insulted Gabi for listening to Papa Roach! That was way out of line!!... Now you are insulting her for seeing her, and one of yours, favourit bands live. If I was the admin on this forum, you would have been banned a long time ago. (Still think you are doing a great job Steve, and the rest. This guy has just been impolite to me more than once, so to speak).

Anyway Gabi, I really envy you, I've "only" seen 'em live two times... And Gelemote... Let me ask you. How many times have YOU seen AB live in person? Oh, that's right, NONE!!! Maybe you should see a show for yourself before saying these things about Myles being a bad live preformer.

u couldnt jsut post to one of the comments, like everyone else no wonder u have 200000000 zillion posts, i bet in the other forums ppl are like im hungry u post back "LIthium" WoW really me to, isnt that a coincidence, I totally agree with you. IM SIX FEET FROM THE EDGE AND IM THINKING MAYBE SIX FEET AINT SO FAR DOWNNNN, IM SO FAR DOWWWWNNNNN

greatest band ever

The Lithium
12-10-2005, 09:29 AM
u couldnt jsut post to one of the comments, like everyone else no wonder u have 200000000 zillion posts, i bet in the other forums ppl are like im hungry u post back "LIthium" WoW really me to, isnt that a coincidence, I totally agree with you. IM SIX FEET FROM THE EDGE AND IM THINKING MAYBE SIX FEET AINT SO FAR DOWNNNN, IM SO FAR DOWWWWNNNNN
What are you talking about? If I would post all my comments in different posts, I would be pretty much a spammer. But I don't, I post all my comments in ONE post! How is that spamming? I have posted about 4,500 here because I've been a member for a long time!

Robin101
12-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Well, as many people who read these pages often know, I'm a HUGE fan of Stapp. But to call Myles a show-off - I have to disagree.

When I attended the Bristol gig I was curious with two things:

1) Does Myles sound as good live? The Answer was NO - he sounded even better!

2) Does Myles have the presence to match the insane voice? The answer is YES. He came across as a great guy, too - the guys seem to be really close.

It was obvious right from the start of AB that people were going to compare him to Stapp - a little unfair. Whether you love Stapp or loathe him, stepping into his shoes was always going to be difficult - Myles has done a great job! :)

Take Care

geletmote
12-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Well, as many people who read these pages often know, I'm a HUGE fan of Stapp. But to call Myles a show-off - I have to disagree.

When I attended the Bristol gig I was curious with two things:

1) Does Myles sound as good live? The Answer was NO - he sounded even better!

2) Does Myles have the presence to match the insane voice? The answer is YES. He came across as a great guy, too - the guys seem to be really close.

It was obvious right from the start of AB that people were going to compare him to Stapp - a little unfair. Whether you love Stapp or loathe him, stepping into his shoes was always going to be difficult - Myles has done a great job! :)

Take Care

yeh ill agree on ur second quote

TeriB19
12-10-2005, 09:55 AM
gelemote, you still haven't explained what you mean by drug f*ing movements. And there is no reason to be disrespectful to other members regarding the number of times they've seen the band. I agree with the others when they say Myles knows how to share the stage with the others, and he is extremely fan-friendly as are the others in AB. Just because you don't like him, it's no reason to trash others for liking him.

geletmote
12-10-2005, 10:02 AM
gelemote, you still haven't explained what you mean by drug f*ing movements. And there is no reason to be disrespectful to other members regarding the number of times they've seen the band. I agree with the others when they say Myles knows how to share the stage with the others, and he is extremely fan-friendly as are the others in AB. Just because you don't like him, it's no reason to trash others for liking him.

Look, ill lay it all down for yous, I love Creed everysingle member and every itsy bit of them, and I cant stand the fact that they broke up. NOw i like AB yes "LIKE" BUT if u told me to build a bridge and get over creed I couldnt do it, i seriusly just cant hack it that there not around, i think I need therapy or sumthing.

Trimontana
12-10-2005, 10:06 AM

Thanks so much for your words Lit, i really do appreciate it.
And i am sure you will see AB in the future...i hope see you at some gig.

TeriB19
12-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Look, ill lay it all down for yous, I love Creed everysingle member and every itsy bit of them, and I cant stand the fact that they broke up. NOw i like AB yes "LIKE" BUT if u told me to build a bridge and get over creed I couldnt do it, i seriusly just cant hack it that there not around, i think I need therapy or sumthing.
Just because you can't stand the fact that they broke up, it's no reason to bash Myles for something he does that you STILL haven't explained. I think you may be in the wrong place. Maybe you need Dr.Phil.com to help you over this. ;)

GregS
12-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Man oh man..
Yeah , as you all know by now this isnt like the 1st time Gelet has ran his mouth about stapp being better than myles etc.
Remember when Stapp started cancelling shows because he was " ill " or sumthing , you dont see myles doing anything like that do you ?
No one thinks that Myles has the potential to destroy the band at all , I can see Ab lasting for many years to come.. Unlike Stapp , i think TGD will be the last album he releases..

uncertaindrumer
12-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Wow. Someone is stupid for seeing their favorite band nine times? Why? What on Earth? Is it stupid to listen to Creed albums over and over again?

Grow up Geletmote.

geletmote
12-10-2005, 10:50 AM
mmh i dont know, u seem a little uncertain about that.

The Lithium
12-10-2005, 11:08 AM
So you hope Myles will break-up AB and Creed will get back together? (Just asking)

Thanks so much for your words Lit, i really do appreciate it.
Hah, anytime, girl! :D

And i am sure you will see AB in the future...i hope see you at some gig.
Oh yes, that would be wicked! Although, I think we "met" at the ULU, but I didn't realize that 'til I was back home. We didn't even share hellos, though...

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 11:58 AM

Take it easy, Lith! Even though geletmote choosed the wrong words to say things to the others member here--hes only voicing his opinion about Myles performance, hes not ofending him or AB...btw, I dont know if i can agree or not with his opinion, because i never saw them alive... :(

Theres no need of banning or closing thread here. ;)

Vliegs
12-10-2005, 11:59 AM

greatest band ever

:wtf: :nut:

Are you following in the footsteps of your messianic role model and ingesting a little too much :drunk: ? Your attacks on Myles and other members in this thread are completely discombobulated and freakishly neurotic.

i think I need therapy or sumthing.

I sincerely hope you look into taking your own advice there.

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 12:01 PM
:wtf: :nut:

Are you following in the footsteps of your messianic role model and ingesting a little too much :drunk: ? Your attacks on Myles and other members in this thread are completely discombobulated and freakishly neurotic.

I sincerely hope you look into taking your own advice there.

Well, now seems you are attacking people here... :rolleyes:

Trimontana
12-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Well, now seems you are attacking people here... :rolleyes:

I think Vliegs is telling him something that he deserves....otherwise he could have thought it twice before he started attacking people.

Vliegs
12-10-2005, 12:09 PM
My bad, sorry I felt the need to fire back at someone who was attacking a singer whose performances and songs I enjoy and a person here on the BB who I've known for awhile through other bbs as well by basically telling her she's a freak for seeing said singer so many times.

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 12:14 PM
I think Vliegs is telling him something that he deserves....otherwise he could have thought it twice before he started attacking people.

Like I said he choosed the wrong words...but we dont need to transform this in a polemic on board...theres enough 'fight' here.... AB x Stapp threads ad infinitum
And I really dont care about how many times people here saw AB live: its not my business, anyway...

Trimontana
12-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Like I said he choosed the wrong words...but we dont need to transform this in a polemic on board...theres enough 'fight' here.... AB x Stapp threads ad infinitum
And I really dont care about how many times people here saw AB live: its not my business, anyway...

Fair enough its not your business...like its not mine that you or him didnt see AB live yet...and some doesnt apprecite how good Myles is.

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Fair enough its not your business...like its not mine that you or him didnt see AB live yet...and some doesnt apprecite how good Myles is.

Jesus...seems you still didnt get my point...I meant that its cool you saw them 9 times...okay, good for you, but I dont care about that and Im sure you dont care about the fact that i didnt see them live yet...hope it helps u to understand...lol

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 12:48 PM
My bad, sorry I felt the need to fire back at someone who was attacking a singer whose performances and songs I enjoy and a person here on the BB who I've known for awhile through other bbs as well by basically telling her she's a freak for seeing said singer so many times.

No prob, i got your point now and hope you get mine too. ;)

Torn Daredevil
12-10-2005, 03:05 PM
I haven't posted here in a long, long time, but this gelemote idiot has infuriated me by not just attacking the nicest guy in rock music, but attacking others on this board for seeing their favorite band many times. I have seen AB 3 times. Am I stupid, too, or is 3 not enough to make someone dumb? Myles is one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting... and I have never seen any "silly drug *fu*CKe* movements" onstage, whatever the fuck that means. Would Scott Stapp ever wait out in sub-zero wind chills to meet fans after a show???? I think not. Please, wake up. Creed is over, and your idol, Scott Stapp, caused it. Thank God, though, because now we have a band better than Creed ever was.

Bridge of Clay
12-10-2005, 06:12 PM
I so love people who can back-up their arguments...

uncertaindrumer
12-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I so love people who can back-up their arguments...

Hehehehe... if nothing else... you can't say I don't back up my arguments. :D lol, ANYWAY...

Stapp is a moron who I simply can't listen to if for no other reason than the fact that he is a total idiotic jerkov, (plus I think his songs suck but that's beside the point), and while I could see some not liking Myles music... How on EARTH can one claim he isn't nice, or that he'll be the cause of a band's breakup? The guy is soft spoken, humble, and not trying to take anyone's steam away from them. He is incredible.

A least he doesn't beat others up in bar fights.

And seeing AB live 9 times is awesome... I wish I could even see them half that many times, it would be incredible. My position is regrettable--they have only once come within four hours of me and that time I was unable to get there. grr.

More power to ya \m/ :cool: \m/

geletmote
12-10-2005, 09:15 PM

Well if thats the fact then why did u brag about seeing them 9 times, WOULD U LIKE A MEDAL TRIMONTANA? IF its none of my business then dont tell me how many tiems uve seen them, keep it to yourself, I wonder wat else your gonna show me that I havent asked for yet.

Dogstar
12-10-2005, 09:18 PM
I mentioned the number of times I've seen them simply to point out that I had seen them enough times to offer a judgment on them. I mean, you really only need to see them once to do so, but still. I don't think people were bragging at all; they were just trying to lend credence to their opinions.

Torn Daredevil
12-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Well if thats the fact then why did u brag about seeing them 9 times, WOULD U LIKE A MEDAL TRIMONTANA? IF its none of my business then dont tell me how many tiems uve seen them, keep it to yourself, I wonder wat else your gonna show me that I havent asked for yet.

:wtf:

IamFilthy
12-10-2005, 09:59 PM
I totally agree with you geletmote,...but for several personal reasons. First off, Myles can sing, but I don't think his voice fits in at all with the heavy guitar riffs. I just picture him on "today's best hits" pop radio as a solo artist alongside the likes of Rob Thomas and Gavin DeGraw....I, IMO, find his voice to be too "whiney" at times to be taking seriously. And, I think Mark did a mediocre job on the lyrics on ODR, and with a new AB album coming out soon,....I don't see how Myles' songwriting can help after hearing his work on MayfieldFour.....ugh!

Ana4Stapp
12-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I totally agree with you geletmote,...but for several personal reasons. First off, Myles can sing, but I don't think his voice fits in at all with the heavy guitar riffs. I just picture him on "today's best hits" pop radio as a solo artist alongside the likes of Rob Thomas and Gavin DeGraw....I, IMO, find his voice to be too "whiney" at times to be taking seriously. And, I think Mark did a mediocre job on the lyrics on ODR, and with a new AB album coming out soon,....I don't see how Myles' songwriting can help after hearing his work on MayfieldFour.....ugh!
:eek: :eek:

WHAT????? have you listened to overflow, white flag , carry on, eden?????...

IamFilthy
12-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Kinda like how some don't appreciate how good Stapp is.....

IamFilthy
12-10-2005, 10:03 PM
:eek: :eek:

WHAT????? have you listened to overflow, white flag , carry on, eden?????...
Yeah, and they do nothing for me,...he just lacks the edge in my own opinion.

TeriB19
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
he has the potential to destroy this band with those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar

gelemote, I'm still waiting for you to explain this statement. As far as I know, NO ONE understands what you mean.

Dogstar
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Kind of like how The Great Divide does nothing for many people.

Trimontana
12-11-2005, 12:10 AM

That was directed to Ana, not to you cause she said it wasn't her problem. I think you have a big problem called "envy". And i think you stopped growing up as a person since Creed broke up...the one who has a pro is you man. I feel really proud that i saw AB 9 times and that i met them those times cause they are awesome people/musician. What you can talk about? Stapp?Oh no, cause you didnt meet him :rolleyes: Like i told you before, stop patronize me and get a life...and start for respecting people thinking your opinion is better than others.

Trimontana
12-11-2005, 12:15 AM

If Myles wasnt in AB not just me, loads of people that know now Mayfield Four, wish that he would be doing great with MF. Stapp just would like have the talent that Myles has to write songs....TGD is just a repetition of words on every song :confused: i dont think theres any talent on it.

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Kind of like how The Great Divide does nothing for many people.

yeah, that...Stapp's voice NEVER did anything for me...his bland and damaged voice was the sole reason why I never liked Creed in the first place...he's merely one of a SLEW of mediocre post-grunge baritone growlers...at his BEST, he was a second-rate Kevin Martin (who was, in turn, a second-rate Eddie Vedder), and NOW, Stapp is even a SHADOW of that MEDIOCRITY...Stapp was OK for that category, but not much else...again, Brett Hestla, the former Creed bassist, has a voice with more range, control, sustain, and versatility than Stapp had...it's pretty sad when you can look for a better singer than the one you have and find him in the SAME BAND...

Myles, on the other hand, by ANY standard, is a great singer, right up there with the vocal giants like Rob Halford, Bruce Dickenson, Robert Plant, and Ian Gillan...if Myles had been around in the classic era 70s or early 80s, he would have STILL been considered a great singer...if Stapp had surfaced in those periods, he would have been booed offstage for the Christ-like antics and barely adequate live vocals...can Stapp do what Myles does on FTR, "Save Me", "Summergirl"? I mean, Stapp can't even hold and vibrate ANY note for that long...problem is that Cobain lowered the bar for vocalists everywhere in 1991, and Stapp (along with a few others) was able to take advantage of being a virtually untrained mediocre baritone and, thanks to some pretty good lyrics and freakish Billy Ray Cyrus-redneck charisma, got LUCKY and scored some success...I mean, this is the same musical environment that produced the multi-platinum voice of Fred Durst, guys, and, in terms of personality, there is little difference between Durst and Stapp, other than the fact that Durst doesn't pretend that he's NOT a pompous rock star...I mean, even for a rock baritone, Stapp is painfully average...if you REALLY want to hear what a rock baritone can do, check out Noah Hunt of the Kenny Wayne Shephard band and hear some low notes that Stapp has NEVER hit...

Myles has arrived...it's time for everyone to raise their standards appropriately...

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Well, I was/still am a big fan of Creed. I liked his voice in the early Creed years. By the time the Weathered tour was winding down, though, his voice was shot. I agree that Cobain lowered the bar for vocals, but I still very much enjoyed MOP and HC and still do. Besides, what drew me to Creed was Tremonti more than Stapp. Still, Stapp is a really good frontman live, at least from my eyes. I enjoyed every show I went to on the Weathered tour.

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Well, I was/still am a big fan of Creed. I liked his voice in the early Creed years. By the time the Weathered tour was winding down, though, his voice was shot. I agree that Cobain lowered the bar for vocals, but I still very much enjoyed MOP and HC and still do. Besides, what drew me to Creed was Tremonti more than Stapp. Still, Stapp is a really good frontman live, at least from my eyes. I enjoyed every show I went to on the Weathered tour.

well, that is one thing that I will never fail to acknowledge Stapp for...I don't know about his stage show, but his charisma tells me that it was probably pretty good...but, here's my story on vocals...

I grew up in the 70s, when rock and roll was really taking off...the 70s had some of the best vocalists that would ever exist in rock and roll...Robert Plant, Ian Gillan, Ronnie James Dio, Roger Daltrey, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, and so forth...(and, in this class of singers, you have BARITONES like Coverdale who could hit a LOT of notes in the tenor range)...all of them singers with range, versatility and power...the 80s came along, and they would not be lacking in talented vocalists either, with Prince, Steve Perry, Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Geoff Tate (another baritone that can hit higher notes than most rock tenors), Sebastian Bach, Kelly Hansen, and so forth...problem, though, was this: towards the end of the 80s, despite having fantastic ranges and versatility, the lyrics really started to suck...

this was what the next generation of singers would bring back to the scene, and those guys would be Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, Chris Cornell, Billy Corgan, and Phil Anselmo...these guys started to come onto the scene in the late 80s, and, by 1992, all of these guys became the center of attention...now, guys like Staley and Vedder weren't necessarily known for their range or sustain (although both in terms of power and versatility, were comparable to someone like Roger Daltrey), but they were great lyricists...if you wanted to hear the vocalists with the abilities of someone like Tate or Plant, you would have to go to the prog rock arena...for about 6 years, though, the vocalists that came on the scene would be derivative of Vedder, Staley, Weiland (all with about the same range), Cobain (a little less range than the previous three), and Anselmo (which you would hear in the screamo genre)...guys like Rossdale, Kevin Martin, Stapp, Scallions, and so forth were born of this school...(no one seemed to want to try what Chris Cornell was doing, but, then, he was EXCEPTIONAL, as he was a baritone like the rest of that generation, but he was trained to hit tenor notes as well)...

Note: because the "average" vocalist of that period would be covering roughly the same ground vocally speaking, and that ground was immensely popular, possibly the greatest singer EVER, Jeff Buckley, was never fully appreciated in his time (except, of course, by his peers)...

[and, an interesting thing to think about if anyone wants to use the argument that record sales equaling talent: Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish album went platinum in a week's time, but Jeff Buckley's Grace STILL isn't platinum, and it has been out for eleven years...]

Towards the end of the 90s, we started to get some vocalists that would actually start to explore and wander past the boundaries set by the Vedder/Staley/Weiland crew...singers like Jimmy Gnecco, Ian Thornley, Brett Hestla, and, yes, Myles Kennedy...because they didn't sound like the cookie-cutter neo-grunge school, however, they didn't enjoy mainstream success...

Stapp was a very uninteresting vocalist of an uninteresting period...Myles, on the other hand, is heralding the return of the GREAT SINGER...

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 01:45 AM
I grew up in the 70s as well and am quite familiar with all of what you have recounted above. I really loved the early 90s and am quite a fan of AIC, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc. I agree that Buckley was not appreciated during his time, which is a shame, because that man could flat-out sing and write. And while I think Myles is a really good singer, I don't think he can touch Cornell in his prime or Buckley or Plant. That said, I enjoy baritones and tenors alike.

Muad'Dib
12-11-2005, 02:00 AM
well, that is one thing that I will never fail to acknowledge Stapp for...I don't know about his stage show, but his charisma tells me that it was probably pretty good...but, here's my story on vocals...

I grew up in the 70s, when rock and roll was really taking off...the 70s had some of the best vocalists that would ever exist in rock and roll...Robert Plant, Ian Gillan, Ronnie James Dio, Roger Daltrey, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, and so forth...(and, in this class of singers, you have BARITONES like Coverdale who could hit a LOT of notes in the tenor range)...all of them singers with range, versatility and power...the 80s came along, and they would not be lacking in talented vocalists either, with Prince, Steve Perry, Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Geoff Tate (another baritone that can hit higher notes than most rock tenors), Sebastian Bach, Kelly Hansen, and so forth...problem, though, was this: towards the end of the 80s, despite having fantastic ranges and versatility, the lyrics really started to suck...

this was what the next generation of singers would bring back to the scene, and those guys would be Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, Chris Cornell, Billy Corgan, and Phil Anselmo...these guys started to come onto the scene in the late 80s, and, by 1992, all of these guys became the center of attention...now, guys like Staley and Vedder weren't necessarily known for their range or sustain (although both in terms of power and versatility, were comparable to someone like Roger Daltrey), but they were great lyricists...if you wanted to hear the vocalists with the abilities of someone like Tate or Plant, you would have to go to the prog rock arena...for about 6 years, though, the vocalists that came on the scene would be derivative of Vedder, Staley, Weiland (all with about the same range), Cobain (a little less range than the previous three), and Anselmo (which you would hear in the screamo genre)...guys like Rossdale, Kevin Martin, Stapp, Scallions, and so forth were born of this school...(no one seemed to want to try what Chris Cornell was doing, but, then, he was EXCEPTIONAL, as he was a baritone like the rest of that generation, but he was trained to hit tenor notes as well)...

Note: because the "average" vocalist of that period would be covering roughly the same ground vocally speaking, and that ground was immensely popular, possibly the greatest singer EVER, Jeff Buckley, was never fully appreciated in his time (except, of course, by his peers)...

[and, an interesting thing to think about if anyone wants to use the argument that record sales equaling talent: Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish album went platinum in a week's time, but Jeff Buckley's Grace STILL isn't platinum, and it has been out for eleven years...]

Towards the end of the 90s, we started to get some vocalists that would actually start to explore and wander past the boundaries set by the Vedder/Staley/Weiland crew...singers like Jimmy Gnecco, Ian Thornley, Brett Hestla, and, yes, Myles Kennedy...because they didn't sound like the cookie-cutter neo-grunge school, however, they didn't enjoy mainstream success...

Stapp was a very uninteresting vocalist of an uninteresting period...Myles, on the other hand, is heralding the return of the GREAT SINGER...

Whats your opinion on Maynard ?

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 02:01 AM
Heh, I was just about to ask that, Muad'Dib!

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 02:02 AM
I grew up in the 70s as well and am quite familiar with all of what you have recounted above. I really loved the early 90s and am quite a fan of AIC, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc. I agree that Buckley was not appreciated during his time, which is a shame, because that man could flat-out sing and write. And while I think Myles is a really good singer, I don't think he can touch Cornell in his prime or Buckley or Plant. That said, I enjoy baritones and tenors alike.

well, again, we'll just have to part company, because there isn't a note that Plant has ever hit that Myles couldn't hit (or HASN'T hit)...Buckley, well, I'm not sure ANYONE could be as good as Buckley, but Myles is the closest thing currently on the scene in terms of range, versatility, sustain, and control...Cornell in his prime would be an interesting argument, but CURRENT Cornell can't touch Myles...

and I like GOOD baritones, like Noah Hunt of the Kenny Wayne Shephard band...Stapp doesn't qualify for me...

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 02:06 AM
Whats your opinion on Maynard ?

great singer...I would categorize him that crew of underappreciated singers like Thornley and Myles...his voice is very versatile, and he has a LOT of sustain when he wants it...I can't remember the song right off the top of my head, but there was one where he held out a growling scream...not that high, but, fuck, he held it for 25-30 seconds...their music is quite good as well...Danny Carey is one of Flip's top five drummers ever...

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 02:12 AM
well, again, we'll just have to part company, because there isn't a note that Plant has ever hit that Myles couldn't hit (or HASN'T hit)...Buckley, well, I'm not sure ANYONE could be as good as Buckley, but Myles is the closest thing currently on the scene in terms of range, versatility, sustain, and control...Cornell in his prime would be an interesting argument, but CURRENT Cornell can't touch Myles...
To me, Plant hit those notes with greater ease than Myles has. He just sounds fuller at the higher range than Myles does. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well.

That's why I said Cornell in his prime. Myles is definitely better than current Cornell as far as range goes.

and I like GOOD baritones, like Noah Hunt of the Kenny Wayne Shephard band...Stapp doesn't qualify for me...
I have to listen to more Kenny Wayne Shephard. I have one CD and it's really good. He's a kick-ass guitarist.

And right on about Maynard and Carey. I think they are both the shit.

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 02:19 AM
To me, Plant hit those notes with greater ease than Myles has. He just sounds fuller at the higher range than Myles does. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well.

well, all I'm saying is that Plant has NEVER hit, held, and vibrated a high note for as long as Myles does on "Save Me", FTR, or "Summergirl"...and, if you listen to Plant live (and I'm talking PRIME Plant live, as on the LZ dvd) you'll see that he and Myles handle their range about the same way...the "ease" that you're talking about would be evinced by vibrato, and Myles does more vibrato on the higher notes than Plant does...

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 02:22 AM
and, yeah, KWS is a hell of a guitarist...unfortunately, NOT so much as a singer...he made the mistake of trying lead vocals for a lot of the songs on his new one, and the lack of response he got from it led to him not doing those songs live and sticking to the ones that Noah sings on...

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 02:31 AM
well, all I'm saying is that Plant has NEVER hit, held, and vibrated a high note for as long as Myles does on "Save Me", FTR, or "Summergirl"...and, if you listen to Plant live (and I'm talking PRIME Plant live, as on the LZ dvd) you'll see that he and Myles handle their range about the same way...the "ease" that you're talking about would be evinced by vibrato, and Myles does more vibrato on the higher notes than Plant does...
I don't know if it's so much vibrato, but I just think Plant sounds better than Myles does. :D The sound is fuller to me. I'm not sure how else to articulate it. Plant's voice just sounded more natural at the higher notes than Myles does. I guess we part company here, LOL. :D I like that phrase.

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 02:32 AM
Oh, and can you recommend a good KWS band record that I could try to check out Noah? Thanks.

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 02:35 AM
I don't know if it's so much vibrato, but I just think Plant sounds better than Myles does. :D The sound is fuller to me. I'm not sure how else to articulate it. Plant's voice just sounded more natural at the higher notes than Myles does. I guess we part company here, LOL. :D I like that phrase.

well, I obviously can't argue with you about who YOU think sounds better, so, LOL, it's all good...both of them are on my top 5 ever, and, well, Myles is obviously a big Plant fan, and I'm sure that Myles would probably say that Plant is better than him, too...LOL...in fact, Myles habitually watches the LZ dvd (disc two) before performing...Flip is also a big John Bonham fan...

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Oh, and can you recommend a good KWS band record that I could try to check out Noah? Thanks.

get the cd Live On...it's KWS's third album, and, well, there's a song called "Every Time It Rains", and Noah goes LOW on that one...LOL...everytime I sing that song, I can get that low, but I can't vibrate it like he does...and, to see his picture, you wouldn't think such a babyface has a voice like that...very bluesy...

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 02:46 AM
well, I obviously can't argue with you about who YOU think sounds better, so, LOL, it's all good...both of them are on my top 5 ever, and, well, Myles is obviously a big Plant fan, and I'm sure that Myles would probably say that Plant is better than him, too...LOL...in fact, Myles habitually watches the LZ dvd (disc two) before performing...Flip is also a big John Bonham fan...
LOL! That's too funny about Myles. And hell yeah, they are both awesome. And thanks for the KWS suggestion. I'm putting that one on my list.

ctfan
12-11-2005, 03:08 AM

I think I know what your talking about. I've seen the baseball thing they performed at, and that one performance on that talk show (can't remember now which one) but Myles is just...odd.

Odd in the way that he doesn't move. His facial expressions are almost non-exsistant. Almost like he has no feeling whatsoever for the lyrics or music. As far as the movements go, he shakes his leg excessively and hangs his arms over the mic stand as if he's been crucified. LMAO at that too. Man doesn't know how to work the crowd imo. He seems stuffy, and a bit snobbish, as if he's saying "look at me, look at what I've done". Sure Myles can sing, and hold notes, and hit the right range, (I just don't like listening to him) but for me, there's more to it than that. But that's just me.

I've seen Shinedown (their lead singer is kick ass), Seether, Submersed, 12 Stones live, and they all, every one of them have better lead singers/band as a whole when it comes to performance and execution of their music. Their lead singers can work it and sing it at the same time, and they do it well. Even though I've not seen them perform live, Aaron Lewis/Staind is damn good, you can see it in their videos. Godsmack too. :)

ctfan
12-11-2005, 03:13 AM

Awww, that's nothing. Try being a Stapp fan. Talk about getting your ass chapped.

Anyone up for some cross climbing? :D

Muad'Dib
12-11-2005, 03:22 AM
Although Ive never seen either band live, I have seen alot of bootlegs and although I had some trouble getting used to Myles I find him to have just as much stage prescence as Stapp does.

As for not feeling the lyrics or music, Im not sure how much he wrote on ODR but I think Mark wrote alot of them which could explain your point. Maybe next album with Myles writing and having more input you will see more feeling from him for the lyrics/music.

Everyone is not going to enjoy Myles or any other lead singer for that matter but it doesnt mean you should disrespect him. Im sure there are people who think Weiland running around the stage dressed up in various costumes is stupid and laughable or Reznor smashing guitars, microphones etc. Even Stapp with his Jesus Christ-like poses and dry humping his band members looks fucking stupid to lots of people.

RoffeDH
12-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Don't forgett Axl Rose, he's crazy on stage, running all over the stage in his underware changeing shirts all the time and stuff... Everyone have their own stage preformance... And Myles not having feelings for the lyrrics I can't agree... I think he's got great feelings for them... But yes they can be better, lets just watch next album and toure ;)

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 07:54 AM
He seems stuffy, and a bit snobbish, as if he's saying "look at me, look at what I've done". Sure Myles can sing, and hold notes, and hit the right range, (I just don't like listening to him) but for me, there's more to it than that. But that's just me.

Snobbish? :wtf: I know it MUST be possible for you to be MORE wrong, but nothing is coming to mind at present...you've got him mixed up with Stapp...Myles (along with every other member of AB) will stand outside in freezing temperatures talking to the fans after a show and signing whatever you want him to...Stapp, not so much, as in NOT EVER...if you're a Stapp fan, and you're talking about how MYLES is snobbish and arrogant, I think you need to find your way over to Merriam-Webster Online and redefine those terms for yourself...

hangs his arms over the mic stand as if he's been crucified.

:confused: If you're a Stapp fan, you are the LAST person to be throwing stones here...again, you seem to be a little mixed up, as you seem to be referring to the "Jesus Christ Pose" that Stapp the "Leather Messiah" has PERFECTED...seen a Creed video EVER? Watch WAWO and let's hear about your theories on simulated crucifixtion...

Odd in the way that he doesn't move. His facial expressions are almost non-exsistant.

Is that right? Well...I could find you TONS of pictures to prove you WRONG, but, well, we'll start here:

http://www.axlar.com/site/index.php?p=abp

if you need anymore, look around...

geletmote
12-11-2005, 08:21 AM
I think I know what your talking about. I've seen the baseball thing they performed at, and that one performance on that talk show (can't remember now which one) but Myles is just...odd.

Odd in the way that he doesn't move. His facial expressions are almost non-exsistant. Almost like he has no feeling whatsoever for the lyrics or music. As far as the movements go, he shakes his leg excessively and hangs his arms over the mic stand as if he's been crucified. LMAO at that too. Man doesn't know how to work the crowd imo. He seems stuffy, and a bit snobbish, as if he's saying "look at me, look at what I've done". Sure Myles can sing, and hold notes, and hit the right range, (I just don't like listening to him) but for me, there's more to it than that. But that's just me.

I've seen Shinedown (their lead singer is kick ass), Seether, Submersed, 12 Stones live, and they all, every one of them have better lead singers/band as a whole when it comes to performance and execution of their music. Their lead singers can work it and sing it at the same time, and they do it well. Even though I've not seen them perform live, Aaron Lewis/Staind is damn good, you can see it in their videos. Godsmack too. :)

Thank you finally sum1 understands exactly what I mean, TERIB19 thats my explanation for you aswell.

geletmote
12-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Stop comparing MYLES to ROBERT PLANT, myles is a robert plant disciple and thats the truth.

geletmote
12-11-2005, 08:27 AM
That was directed to Ana, not to you cause she said it wasn't her problem. I think you have a big problem called "envy". And i think you stopped growing up as a person since Creed broke up...the one who has a pro is you man. I feel really proud that i saw AB 9 times and that i met them those times cause they are awesome people/musician. What you can talk about? Stapp?Oh no, cause you didnt meet him :rolleyes: Like i told you before, stop patronize me and get a life...and start for respecting people thinking your opinion is better than others.

yeh thats wonderful, hows the papa roach dvd going?

evyllsummer
12-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Stop comparing MYLES to ROBERT PLANT, myles is a robert plant disciple and thats the truth.

I'll make it easy for you...show me where Plant hits, holds, and vibrates a note like Myles does on "Save Me", "Find The Real", or "Summergirl"...that's all you have to do...get back to me...

Trimontana
12-11-2005, 08:47 AM
yeh thats wonderful, hows the papa roach dvd going?

you are really a sarcastic person....like if you care about it. :rolleyes:

Robin101
12-11-2005, 11:52 AM
WOW! It seems like the 'confrontational threads' aren't just resigned to the SS forum.

First of all, sorry, I can't agree with a previous post that deemed Stapp as lucky. Charisma is a tool - if you have it, use it. Stapp has plenty of it and he knows how to use it. As for his voice, people love him for it, people hate him for it. As for his lyrics - same thing. It's all a matter of taste.

Myles has a better voice technically than Stapp, but I prefer Stapp's - again, a matter of taste. After seeing them live I can also say that Myles does have stage presence. I have only seen Creed live in videos, but I would say that Stapp has more presence - perhaps a better word is different.

And, don't worry Trimontana, if you get enjoyment from seeing AB live then do it. I travel a lot to see my footie team play (well, not at the moment - they're pretty dire)

Take Care

Vliegs
12-11-2005, 12:17 PM
:confused: If you're a Stapp fan, you are the LAST person to be throwing stones here...again, you seem to be a little mixed up, as you seem to be referring to the "Jesus Christ Pose" that Stapp the "Leather Messiah" has PERFECTED...seen a Creed video EVER? Watch WAWO and let's hear about your theories on simulated crucifixtion...

DI-TTO! I used to be a stapp fan back when I was a huge Creed fanatic and even then his crucifixion poses got annoying considering he did them constantly in concert.

Odd in the way that he doesn't move. His facial expressions are almost non-exsistant.

Is that right? Well...I could find you TONS of pictures to prove you WRONG, but, well, we'll start here:

http://www.axlar.com/site/index.php?p=abp

if you need anymore, look around...

Allow me to input a few pictures and a video as well to make it all that much easier to see Myles enthusiasm on the stage.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/al_broccoli/Alter%20Bridge%20Orlando%2020051103/IMG_0809.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/al_broccoli/Alter%20Bridge%20Orlando%2020051103/IMG_0768.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/al_broccoli/Alter%20Bridge%20Orlando%2020051103/IMG_0880.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/al_broccoli/Alter%20Bridge%20Orlando%2020051103/IMG_0752.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/alterbridgeband1/Concert%20Photos/4th%20Leg%206-10-05%20to%207-16-05/06-24-05%20Antwerp/f3bf.jpg

Here's a video of FTR performance at the Download Festival in the UK.

http://www.abbmedia.net/Alter_Bridge_Find_The_Real_Download_Festival_05_hUmAnClAy.zip

Vliegs
12-11-2005, 12:45 PM
he has the potential to destroy this band with those silly drug *fu*CKe* movements when he plays guitar

gelemote, I'm still waiting for you to explain this statement. As far as I know, NO ONE understands what you mean.

I'm still waiting on that one as well. Are you trying to say "drunk fucking" movements. If so, let me remind you of Stapp's incessant humping of Mark's leg during concerts. I'm surprised the hair on Mark's leg wasn't rubbed off from Stapp doing that so many times. I've seen far more pelvic action from Stapp in concert than Myles. Considering Stapp is claiming his music is "sexy rock 'n roll" now I guess that's going to be the standard in his concerts still, only possibly having more "drunk fucking" movements?

TeriB19
12-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Vliegs, I agree, I'm still not understanding what gelemote means. Whatever it was that ctfan was describing, I guess I've got a really thick head because I still don't get it.

One thing I would like to say in Myles' defense as a front man is this. For those who say he doesn't know how to work the crowd, YOU'RE WRONG. I think that covers it sufficiently.

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Yes, indeed. And whoever said he doesn't move on stage??? He's up and down the rail a lot, shaking hands with fans, high-fiving them and doing a fair amount of dancing around with the mike.

Trimontana
12-11-2005, 01:30 PM
And, don't worry Trimontana, if you get enjoyment from seeing AB live then do it. I travel a lot to see my footie team play (well, not at the moment - they're pretty dire)

Thanks so much Robin, you are very kind.

Yeah, i am waiting for a explanation too. Myles moves all around the stage (example: watch the ARTS clip i posted here) and he has loads of interaction with the crowd. I think they 4 feel very comfortable on stage. Myles is a very generous lead singer, i mean, he leaves space for Brian and Mark to take the stage anytime and he has never been selfish trying to get all the attention on himself.

RoffeDH
12-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Myles' the man!
Vliegs, thos pics, are the first part of them from the Astoria show in london this november? I think I recognize those exakt moves from that show... Might not be but it feels just like it... Any ways...

We're all curios about those moves that you're reffering to Gelemote... Pleace! Tell us...

Myles' humble, have greate stage precens, a greate voice (taste), great tech, "feels the lyrics" (taste), and can sing with no problem (not taste)... I mean, come on! If you would have made a thread that wasn't based on your own opinion and have the facts told then we could have a discussion, but now you just jumping on the persons and telling them that they don't have any idea of what they're talking about (haven't said it flat out but that's the impression one gets) and not telling us what those movements are AND just keeps saying he's worse then Stapp (wich is an opinoin that stans for you, but we don't need to hear that!)

RockGoddess
12-11-2005, 02:12 PM
I certainly don't have the depth or grasp of musical knowledge the way evyll does. I can only speak from my own experiences and perceptions. I said it the first time I ever saw Myles "perform" and it was in a dinky little rehearsal studio. His perfromance struck me as more organic, more from "his gut", he is more about musicianship. Stapp is all about showmanship. Neither approach is wrong. They're just differen't.

RoffeDH
12-11-2005, 02:21 PM
"Dinky little rehearsal studio"? Where was that? When was it? Would have loved to be there...

I would agree with you but take it a bit fearther, Stapp is all about HIS showmanship...

uncertaindrumer
12-11-2005, 05:18 PM
evylsummer you are awesome... your understanding of vocalists astounds and amazes me... I didn't know anyone was that RIGHT about anything, lol

Vliegs
12-11-2005, 05:56 PM
evylsummer you are awesome... your understanding of vocalists astounds and amazes me... I didn't know anyone was that RIGHT about anything, lol

pssssssttt...gotta keep comments like that on the DL, otherwise his head's gonna swell like a balloon again. :D

he does rule though ;)

RockGoddess
12-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Don't encourage him. lol

Torn Daredevil
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Anyone who hasn't seen Myles live (in-person) really shouldn't dismiss him. Looking at photos or even videos is not the same. AB brings an energy to the room that Creed never did, and the obvious difference is Myles over Stapp. I have seen both 3 times. The first Creed show I saw was the best, whereas each AB show has gotten better, and this last one I went to was maybe the best show I have ever seen (up there with Weezer/Foo Fighters and Audioslave/Seether). I don't know of Myles doing "drug/drunk movements." That really makes no sense, and if you mean he stands still and doesn't move, you are completely wrong. You cite the MLB All-Star performance. That is easily their worst performance I have seen, and keep in mind all the limitations that come into play when you are being filmed and on live TV.

If I could buy tickets to an AB show for everyone who thinks they suck, or thinks Myles is a sub-par singer, I would. Unfortunately I don't have that luxury and all I can do is strongly urge you to go to a show. That is all. :)

geletmote
12-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Vliegs, I agree, I'm still not understanding what gelemote means. Whatever it was that ctfan was describing, I guess I've got a really thick head because I still don't get it.

One thing I would like to say in Myles' defense as a front man is this. For those who say he doesn't know how to work the crowd, YOU'RE WRONG. I think that covers it sufficiently.

OKay well i watched the Ahava tobaco salad clip wateva its called and he was starting to get annoying the way he was playing guitar, it was showing off big time.. I miss stapp and his strumming chords over the DONT STOP DANCINGG SOLO live at saltlake 2002 olympics
LOLL. thats the ulitmate.

Dogstar
12-11-2005, 09:59 PM
^^^ Well, that song is an instrumental, so I would expect them to have a lot fun with the dueling guitars. I saw the video, too, and to me, it looked as if they were having a blast with it.

Steve
12-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Exactly what Dogstar said. The whole "point" of the instrumental song is to have some fun with their guitars. If Myles was showing off, then what do you say about Mark when he shreds?

TeriB19
12-12-2005, 12:12 AM
OKay well i watched the Ahava tobaco salad clip wateva its called and he was starting to get annoying the way he was playing guitar, it was showing off big time.. I miss stapp and his strumming chords over the DONT STOP DANCINGG SOLO live at saltlake 2002 olympics
Again, in your opinion, he annoyed you. That doesn't mean he's more of a show off than Stapp. It just means in your OPINION he is. In MY opinion, watching Mark and Myles in that video going back and forth, having a blast playing the song, was enjoyable to watch.

evyllsummer
12-12-2005, 01:47 AM
DI-TTO! I used to be a stapp fan back when I was a huge Creed fanatic and even then his crucifixion poses got annoying considering he did them constantly in concert.

Allow me to input a few pictures and a video as well to make it all that much easier to see Myles enthusiasm on the stage.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/al_broccoli/Alter%20Bridge%20Orlando%2020051103/IMG_0809.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/al_broccoli/Alter%20Bridge%20Orlando%2020051103/IMG_0768.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/al_broccoli/Alter%20Bridge%20Orlando%2020051103/IMG_0880.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/al_broccoli/Alter%20Bridge%20Orlando%2020051103/IMG_0752.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/alterbridgeband1/Concert%20Photos/4th%20Leg%206-10-05%20to%207-16-05/06-24-05%20Antwerp/f3bf.jpg

Here's a video of FTR performance at the Download Festival in the UK.

http://www.abbmedia.net/Alter_Bridge_Find_The_Real_Download_Festival_05_hUmAnClAy.zip

damn...uh, nice work Sarah...LOL...

Myles' humble, have greate stage precens, a greate voice (taste), great tech, "feels the lyrics" (taste), and can sing with no problem (not taste)...

yup

I certainly don't have the depth or grasp of musical knowledge the way evyll does.

not true, but thank you for saying so, Alicia...

thank you for saying that, man, I appreciate that...I just have a capacious memory and an obsession with music (particularly singers) that is akin to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (and you think THAT'S bad, you should hear me go off about FILM, LOL)...I was just trying to provide some perspective...I don't mean to come down so hard on Stapp, because, you know, it's all about what you dig, but I'm just of the opinion that Myles is one of the greatest singers ever because he seems to be the vocal equivalent of the "greatest hits" of all the singers that I love...I'm just expressing my opinion, but I KNOW what I like...

pssssssttt...gotta keep comments like that on the DL, otherwise his head's gonna swell like a balloon again.

Don't encourage him. lol

I'm afraid the ladies are probably right...coincidentally enough, though, both those ladies, along with Summergirl, are QUITE capable of smacking me back down to earth...kinda stings, too...

sina2b
12-12-2005, 01:56 AM

Its EXACTLY the opposite. I mean if you switched the words stapp and myles in the above statement it would then start to make sense.

evyllsummer
12-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Its EXACTLY the opposite. I mean if you switched the words stapp and myles in the above statement it would then start to make sense.

I thought that, too...

RoffeDH
12-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Well... On the AHAVO RABO TACO SALLAD video Mark was a bit ill so he couldn't give it his fullest, but he tryed... So Myles worked for both of them!

Jez
12-12-2005, 10:04 PM
To the original poster of this thread: Please seek professional help. Your obsession with the now defunct band, Creed, is very unhealthy. Seriously...I'm worried about you.

geletmote
12-12-2005, 10:13 PM
To the original poster of this thread: Please seek professional help. Your obsession with the now defunct band, Creed, is very unhealthy. Seriously...I'm worried about you.

and y is that?

Vliegs
12-12-2005, 11:01 PM
and y is that?

Well the proof is in the pudding here with your own admission below.

And in response to this....

I miss stapp and his strumming chords over the DONT STOP DANCINGG SOLO live at saltlake 2002 olympics

I can strum the secondary chords for don't stop dancing and I haven't touched a guitar in 3 years since I worked at guitar center. That's not a really big accomplishment. If Scott could play the WHOLE song by himself then I'd be a tad bit more impressed and might have an inkling to start believing his claims that he wrote all of the music for Creed. If you think that's the ultimate accomplishment in guitar mastery...then I suggest checking out clips from Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Hendrix, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Muddy Waters and BB King. You'll have your socks blown off by their guitar playing.

RoffeDH
12-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Jez, we've allready told Gelt not to do any personal attacks, so I would belive that includes you...

Gelt, Stapp aint that good of a player...
"thats the ulitmate." where have you been living? Under some rock (nothing personal just an expretion), look up those guys that Vliegs talked about... And check up Myles playing if you come with the argument "but he's a singer not a guitarist!!!"

geletmote
12-13-2005, 06:11 AM
Jez, we've allready told Gelt not to do any personal attacks, so I would belive that includes you...

Gelt, Stapp aint that good of a player...
"thats the ulitmate." where have you been living? Under some rock (nothing personal just an expretion), look up those guys that Vliegs talked about... And check up Myles playing if you come with the argument "but he's a singer not a guitarist!!!"

HAHAH NO NO NO, I was been sarcastic hahaha, i pllay guitar aswell man i can nearly do the Open your eyes solo, lol I was been sarcastic about stapp strumming the chords, lol in a sarcastic way it was the ultimate, lol dont worry i know about guitar believe u me.

uncertaindrumer
12-13-2005, 09:00 AM
^In a sarcastic way it was the ultimate?

We have had dumber Myles bashers before, we have had less grammatically correct Stapp lovers before, but I don't think I have EVER seen either that makes SO LITTLE SENSE...

geletmote
12-13-2005, 10:17 PM
^In a sarcastic way it was the ultimate?

We have had dumber Myles bashers before, we have had less grammatically correct Stapp lovers before, but I don't think I have EVER seen either that makes SO LITTLE SENSE...

theres a first time for everything.

evyllsummer
12-13-2005, 10:53 PM
eh, it's all good...express yourself, man...

RoffeDH
12-14-2005, 06:57 AM
*Falls down on the floor, roling around, getting up but being pushed back by your words* Man, did I think you were stupid!

geletmote
12-15-2005, 03:11 AM
thats just so not funny

RoffeDH
12-15-2005, 07:14 AM
I wasn't funny, I was just telling you the trouth!

Torn And Filthy
01-08-2006, 06:16 AM
then I suggest checking out clips from Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Hendrix, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Muddy Waters and BB King. You'll have your socks blown off by their guitar playing.

especially john petrucci, fuk i love dreamtheater....and michael romeo of symphony x if u see him u'll definetly cream ur undies lol anyway i rekon u cant give scotty any shit coz of his accomplishments with creed although i suppose u could say he fuked up later on but oh well.... SHIT HAPPENS!!! and Myles has obviously been picked up by the other blokes coz hes bloody the kind of guy they were looking for and now they r a succesfull new band so its not like either of them are shit (edit) or show offs or wateva u wanna call em

*edited for language

Xterminator27
01-09-2006, 01:02 AM
This thread sucks.

geletmote
01-09-2006, 04:41 AM
so does terminator

Bridge of Clay
01-09-2006, 08:31 AM
this thread is hillarious!

evyllsummer
01-09-2006, 08:17 PM
this thread is hillarious!

if you think THIS is funny, you should watch the Colbert Report...

SummerGirl
01-10-2006, 08:17 AM
:confused: Hmm...I thought the "t" in Colbert was silent?

j/k...:) :D ;)

Vliegs
01-10-2006, 10:37 AM

Is that the middle aged guy on CNN with really white hair?

SummerGirl
01-10-2006, 11:14 AM
LOL...Sarah...heck no...Colber(t) was a reporter/correspondant on the daily show until he was given his own show...btw, you better be joking...

Vliegs
01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Ohhhhh ok. I wasn't joking :confused: I haven't seen him (Colbert). Who's the guy on CNN that I'm thinking of then? That's gonna bug me. Gotta do some digging. I like watching his reports.

Anderson Cooper 360! That's what I was thinking of.

Bridge of Clay
01-10-2006, 09:34 PM

have no idea of who he is! :confused:

the human capacity to speak bullshit never ceases to humor me.

On the Brazilian community of AB, there's a guy saying Myles stage performance is lame... I asked why... he said: "he keeps pulling the hair from his face. Stapp wouldn't do that".

Geeeez... :eek:

evyllsummer
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
:confused: Hmm...I thought the "t" in Colbert was silent?

well, yeah, it's pronounced that way, but it's still spelled with the "t"...but what the hell would you know about that anyway...it's FRENCH...;)

I wasn't joking I haven't seen him (Colbert).

it's hilarious...comes on after The Daily Show...

the human capacity to speak bullshit never ceases to humor me.

On the Brazilian community of AB, there's a guy saying Myles stage performance is lame... I asked why... he said: "he keeps pulling the hair from his face. Stapp wouldn't do that".

yeah, Stapp wouldn't just pull his hair from his face...he's FAR too dramatic for THAT...what Stapp would do is he would toss his whole head back in a grandiose gesture that would accomplish the same thing, yet still manage to exude his signature pomposity...Myles just wants to get the hair out of his face and doesn't want to be all "broadway" about it like Stapp...

in any case, Marcos, that guy is just looking for a reason to not like Myles...pay him no mind...

evyllsummer
01-11-2006, 11:34 PM
not sure why it...

evyllsummer
01-11-2006, 11:39 PM
triple posted...?

Vliegs
01-12-2006, 12:29 AM
:laugh: You should really get that tick in your finger checked out :D

Bridge of Clay
01-12-2006, 06:20 AM
Bottom line is Myles fucking rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the f* word, but those who watched the Astoria and Glasgow DVDs know what I'm talking about when he's interacting with the crowd before playing Whole Lotta Rosie...

I saw that... and the next thing I remember was my jaw hitting the floor.

Chris98GT
01-19-2006, 12:16 AM
I mean did u see THE great divide live on leno, it wasnt the best performance band wise but the things stapp was doin were awesome,
:lolsign:

You can't be serious?!?! Stapp's performance on Leno was a JOKE. It showed just how far he has fallen.

RoffeDH
01-19-2006, 06:04 AM
Is this thread still alive? Thought we had allready come to the conclution that Myles is a better singer, and not a showoff!

geletmote
02-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Is this thread still alive? Thought we had allready come to the conclution that Myles is a better singer, and not a showoff!

Scott stapp has teh X factor, myles doesnt..

RoffeDH
02-04-2006, 05:40 AM
What's the X factor?

TeriB19
02-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Um, X is a member here, and X is an idiot. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Vliegs
02-04-2006, 11:41 AM
"X" factor fits perfectly then Teri :D

RoffeDH
02-04-2006, 02:06 PM
He he he, yeah... I'm on Teris track on that one!