Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Thank God for AB [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for AB

emissarygtrist
12-02-2005, 02:28 PM
With all this crap happening with Stapp now, I'm so proud that AB was formed and Creed scraped. Now I really do believe that Stapps current troubles are truly putting the final nail in the coffin!!!! ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE

The Lithium
12-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Amen to that! I agree with what you said in the other thread, which was closed:

Stapp = Wind-Up
Alter Bridge = Fans

SnowBlower-HALL
12-02-2005, 04:23 PM
All what crap with stapp?...Do you mean his album release and him promoting it?

Sorry, I'm from the uk and I find all this Stapp vs AB crap to be very boring-so I like to keep my head in the sand when it comes to all this stuff. I loved creed and there work, and two weeks ago I went to see my first AB gig and I am still buzzing from that show.They were amazing!- Now stapps go his album out (Which I find to be a work of art) I don't see the problem.

I enjoy all there music.

emissarygtrist
12-02-2005, 05:25 PM
In my personal opinion AB is just more dedicated to their music, and their fans than Stapp could ever be. Not to mention they know how to conduct themselves!!!!!!!!!!!! O and not to mention but I'll be seeing the boys the 10th in Mobile!!!!

Scott Stapp = Wind-Up

Alter Bridge = Fans

sina2b
12-02-2005, 05:56 PM
the whole AB and Creed thing is big deal and it wont get boring this soon. Its really amazing how the guys ditched everything they had and all the oppertunities they had in front of them just for the passion they have for music. People should appreciate that and it shouldnt get that boring this fast.

Robin101
12-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I agree with SnowBlower-Hall. AB vs. SS is getting very tedious now.

During a contest, which many people are turning this into, there is an end product. Tell me, what the result of this petty feud is going to be? How is someone going to be 'victorious'?

Let me guess (I say this in a childish voice) 'When AB kick Stapp's ass and sell more albums than him'.

Or, or (again childish voice) 'When AB are dropped by W-U and Stapp....blah, blah, blah'.

The poor response to this thread is no surprise. Love the music, not the artist.

Take Care

RoffeDH
12-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Snowblower, the shit that he's talking is about him being drunk and starting fights... But I must agree the music MIGHT be one thing but I don't like Stapps 'couse he's trying to show a side of him that, in my opinion aint real... But if people like it, may so be!

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 12:18 PM
In my personal opinion AB is just more dedicated to their music, and their fans than Stapp could ever be.
Yes, agreed about the music. But Stapp has some pretty big fans. It's almost scary. Head over to www.PassionBreedsFollowers.com and find out yourself. Scott is GOD over there.

sina2b
12-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Yes, agreed about the music. But Stapp has some pretty big fans. It's almost scary. Head over to www.PassionBreedsFollowers.com and find out yourself. Scott is GOD over there.

those are not fans man, they are mostly obsessed in a freaky way. I doubt if Scott "himself" has that many fans but yea there are a bunch of obsessed people at pbf, i havent seen people be so much protective of their own children and their actions like the way they are to scott.

titan9
12-04-2005, 09:48 PM

I think you are unfairly judging PBF. I'm a non-posting member over there who reads the forums a lot. While they really love his music(and perhaps his looks), they don't treat him like God. If you've read any of the posts over there recently, you'd know that a lot of people have admitted that he has faults and that he has stumbled, just like all of us have. He's human, and they admit that. Just because they run a positive site and keep the discussions in his forum positive and completely about him, that doesn't mean they are obsessed.

Xterminator27
12-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Fun fact : Who cares.

RMadd
12-05-2005, 02:17 AM
Robin, I've gotta agree w/ you here. It's ridiculous how people are turning it into a contest. In my mind, it's one thing to merely state how you're somewhat miffed by Stapp's actions, or by things AB have said, but it's another to start comparing them as though, but it's completely inane for people to go around bashing one or the other for the ends of promoting the entity which they prefer. Quite immature, in fact.
So, everyone, please consider this an invitation from myself to grow up (to be quite blunt about it). I won't name names, but there are a few of you I have in mind that have done this on more than a few occasions. I've been a member of these boards for a little more than 2 years now and, although we've dealt with annoying, negative members here and there along the way, I am quite unnerved by the fact that this childish squabbling seems to be growing into more of an epidemic, what with people posting in the Stapp discussion threads remarks to the effect of "Stapp sucks, AB rules," and vice versa in the AB threads. So, please, I know this may sound a tad kitschy, but why can't we all just get along?

RoffeDH
12-05-2005, 06:14 AM
Agree

SnowBlower-HALL
12-05-2005, 09:34 AM
I agree with SnowBlower-Hall. AB vs. SS is getting very tedious now.

During a contest, which many people are turning this into, there is an end product. Tell me, what the result of this petty feud is going to be? How is someone going to be 'victorious'?

Let me guess (I say this in a childish voice) 'When AB kick Stapp's ass and sell more albums than him'.

Or, or (again childish voice) 'When AB are dropped by W-U and Stapp....blah, blah, blah'.

The poor response to this thread is no surprise. Love the music, not the artis

Take Care

Thanks robin!....I can "now" see, that You do have a brain after all. After our little war of words on previous threads,maybe there is some hope of us becoming forum buddy's after all?..."We do seem to agree on this subject.

Anyway Robin, the only way I can see anyone being victorious in this feud would be for, tremonti to smash a guitar over stapps head, Or for scott to place a mic up marks ass!

Either way its gunna be a KO. :eek:

RoffeDH
12-05-2005, 09:43 AM
What! Snowblower! You seem to have gotten both a guitar in your head and a mic up your ass by someone! Bu still ;)

Robin101
12-05-2005, 10:34 AM
It's good to see that there are people on this forum who aren't going to turn this into an AB vs Stapp feud.

Anyway, there's only one way to finish it! We have had Vedder vs Stapp, now it's time for Tremonti vs Stapp in.......CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH!! :jam:

Drake
12-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Who won Vedder or Stapp?

I hope it was Vedder...

RoffeDH
12-06-2005, 05:41 AM
Mark will win! He's so good with the ax! So yeah, Stapp now how to swing an ax but nothing more!

Vedder won, I belive it was...

RoffeDH
12-06-2005, 05:42 AM
No! Stapp won first, if I recall it right but he had lost his "voice stuffy" so he sounded like another guy now who jumped out from the crowd and killed him...

Robin101
12-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Yeah, Vedder won.

Stapp ripped Vedder's skin off, wrapped it around himself and said "Stealing your voice won me a platinum record, imagine what wearing your skin will do".

But Vedder used a piece of barb wire (used for the ropes) to tear up Stapp's throat. Then a guy enters the ring, accuses Stapp of stealing his voice and pounds his head in and says "Without my voice I'm just a weird looking guy who smells" (or something like that).

During the entire fight 'Higher' was being played in the background - great stuff! :D

RoffeDH
12-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Yes! That's how it was ;) Thanks Robin!... "Gash Batman! Do you think it's Joker!" ;)

titan9
12-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Haha, I just saw that episode a month or two ago. Good stuff, though I was disappointed that Stapp lost--I expected it, though. One of the funny lines from Stapp, upon receiving a kick/punch from Vedder, who asked how it felt: "almost as painful as listening to Pearl Jam's 'Vitalogy'!" LOL! :laugh:

The Lithium
12-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Yeah, Stapp lost...

Robin101
12-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Haha, I just saw that episode a month or two ago. Good stuff, though I was disappointed that Stapp lost--I expected it, though. One of the funny lines from Stapp, upon receiving a kick/punch from Vedder, who asked how it felt: "almost as painful as listening to Pearl Jam's 'Vitalogy'!" LOL! :laugh:

Vedder hits Stapp (and sings) "Stop stealing my vo-oice"

Stapp hits back (and sings) "It's my voice to-hoo"

:D

guitardude1985
12-09-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm going to give my imput here so bear with me. Creed had a huge, diverse fan base and I don't think anybody with half a brain could not come to that conclusion. Their fan base was what made them, it was not teeneeboppers and shit like that. However, within the creed fan base there was this divide. You had a good portion of creeds base who were metal lovers or hard rock lovers and musicians who were particurly fond of tremonti or tremonti fans. Then you had the stapp fans who solely looked to the band like it was ALL stapp and to a certain extent dissregaurded tremonti, flip (and brian). I mean with a charasmatic singer like stapp thats not entirely impossible. So in the events leading up to the breakup of creed the fan base (at least to me) kinda split. The stapp fans defended stapp while the tremonti fans kinda put out that stapp was holding back the band. Thus the fan base kinda split indefinetly and with the creation of alter bridge the tremo fans (like me) were very pleased while the stapp fans will always feel stapp was stabbed in the back and on top with myles to them it will always be a competition. I'm staying in the middle. Wow, it's almost as if a cultural divide has just happend, whats next? A frigging civil war? Brothers in arms!!!

RoffeDH
12-10-2005, 07:11 AM
I'm with you on the most, but I was a Stapp fan and I would have killed to have Stapps voice at the time, but when the brak cam I was torn but then I heard that Mark had a new singer and I thought he could never replace Stapp but when I heard him I was blown away... So I began listening to AB, I was still a Stapp fan and looked almost everyday on the net for news about him... But soon I stopped and just waited for the news to come to me... And it did and I was disapointed... So here I am, hating Stapps new CD, calling it shit after having lifted him up in the sky as the greatest rock singer... Man was I blinde! ;)

evyllsummer
12-13-2005, 10:39 PM
God is in his heaven and all is right with the world...