Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Leader of the band - Questions [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Leader of the band - Questions

GotYourBack2
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
What do you think defines a "leader of a band"? :confused:

Who do you think the leader of the band was for CREED?

Who is for Alterbridge?

titan9
11-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Good question. I'd say that the general music public views the lead singer as being the "leader of a band". Not too many look to the guitarist or bassist or drummer for that title. If that's the case, then Stapp was the leader of Creed and Myles is the leader of Alter Bridge.

However, when you think about it, it might not be fair to the other members of the band to recognize the lead singer as being the leader. Especially when the lead singer in a particular band only does lyrics, vocals and vocal melodies. In Creed's case, from what I've heard, Mark Tremonti did pretty much all of the music arrangements, and for some of the songs, the lyrics. Without good musical arrangements, no matter how good the vocalist is, the music itself suffers. So one could easily make the argument that Tremonti was the leader of Creed and is the leader of Alter Bridge.

I guess, being the guitarist that I am, I view the musical contribution as being more important than the vocal and even lyrical contributions. So, in my case, I'd probably view Tremo as being more of a leader than Stapp and Kennedy.

facelessmike
11-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I agree with Titan's assesment of the term "leader of a band."
Id have to say that, for all those reasons, Tru is the leader of AB; however Stapp was the leader of Creed. He was so much of a frontman, that when people, in general, thought of Creed, they thought of Stapp. Now, that alone doesnt make him the leader, but he was also always the spokesman for the band at virtually every interview or appearance- until the breakup. With AB, they really all seem to speak equally.

titan9
11-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Yeah, that was pretty much my first point: that when people thought of Creed, they thought of Stapp. I didn't quite come out and say that(just really implied it), so thanks for posting that.

I completely agree with the second part of your post as well.

Ana4Stapp
11-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Good question. I'd say that the general music public views the lead singer as being the "leader of a band". .

Yes...singers are usually recognized as the leaders of the band...because they are in the spotlight more than the guitarist, drummer or bassist... (have you noticed that generally bassist are in the last position?)

Leader of Creed - Scott Stapp (proabably- even though I really think about Mark Tremonti assuming this position too)

Leader of Alter Bridge - Mark Tremonti (certainly!)

Dogstar
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Good question. I'd say that the general music public views the lead singer as being the "leader of a band". Not too many look to the guitarist or bassist or drummer for that title. If that's the case, then Stapp was the leader of Creed and Myles is the leader of Alter Bridge.

However, when you think about it, it might not be fair to the other members of the band to recognize the lead singer as being the leader. Especially when the lead singer in a particular band only does lyrics, vocals and vocal melodies. In Creed's case, from what I've heard, Mark Tremonti did pretty much all of the music arrangements, and for some of the songs, the lyrics. Without good musical arrangements, no matter how good the vocalist is, the music itself suffers. So one could easily make the argument that Tremonti was the leader of Creed and is the leader of Alter Bridge.

I guess, being the guitarist that I am, I view the musical contribution as being more important than the vocal and even lyrical contributions. So, in my case, I'd probably view Tremo as being more of a leader than Stapp and Kennedy.
I think the vocal component (not so much the lyrics) is very important, though. There are some musicians who write fantastic music, but a bad voice can make it like fingernails on a chalkboard :D. Although, weak lyrics will turn me off, too (Nickelback, for instance). But yes, even a vocalist can't save bad music, I will agree with that.

ctfan
12-02-2005, 01:23 AM
I pretty much agree with everyone on the definition of "leader of the band". For Creed, imo it was Stapp, and for Alter Bridge, I'd say it's Tremo.

:)

INDIGOSTEVE
12-02-2005, 03:40 AM
how about kiss? simmons or stanley thats tough?

RoffeDH
12-02-2005, 04:10 AM
I'd say that Tremo and Kennedy WILL both become front men... 'Couse at this moment tremo was the only one who wrote the lyrics but now Kennedy will be in on that, so I think that both will become frontfigures...

have you noticed that generally bassist are in the last position?

Yes I have... And that's why in my band we won't put the basist at the last point, we try to make everyone have their time in the spot light! ;)