Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly

titan9
11-29-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm very disappointed. Not with Stapp's performance(which was, imo, vocal-wise, better than the Leno one) but rather with the show. They cut the intro AND the second verse. Also, they only talked to him for maybe 30-60 seconds. Basically, they spent 10-15 minutes with Barbera flippin' Walters and 10 minutes with Tom Arnold, and they could only spare maybe 4 minutes with Stapp? So ridiculous. If they could have given Stapp just 8 minutes, that would have been plenty. Instead, they cut the song short and barely talked to him. Not only that, but the 30-60 seconds they talked to him was about Creed.

Alright, now that I've ranted about ABC enough, I can talk about the performance itself. He wasn't quite as jazzed up as the Leno one(no cool mic-stand tricks), but he was still rather energized. And he actually hit the notes better than before, imo, particularly the chorus. Given that he sounded better, I just wish we could have seen how he would have sounded while singing the FULL song.

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I heard it was lip synch. Is this true?

How did he look? Rumours say he got his ass kicked by the guys of 311 on the night before.

titan9
11-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Uh....Marcos, are you drunk? :laugh:

Far as I could tell, he wasn't lipsynching and he didn't look beat up. If that rumor is true(lol), those make-up people did a fine job on him. ;)

TeriB19
11-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I slept right through it. Anyone rip it?

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2005, 01:02 PM
no, they said the music started all of the sudden and Stapp put a weird look on his face while trying to catch up... that's why I'm asking, not stating.

ALECIA326
11-29-2005, 01:04 PM
I thought he did a good job. As far as the lip synching I do not think so but I could be wrong.. I am not sure if the whole thing about 311 is true cause I read that and looked for it they did alot of face shots and if that were true I do not think they could cover it with makeup cause there was nothing there but there again I could be wrong?

TeriB19
11-29-2005, 01:19 PM
How did he look? Rumours say he got his ass kicked by the guys of 311 on the night before.
Marcos, where did ya hear it? I'd be interested to see this story!!

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2005, 01:38 PM
From LoracNJ on abb.net. She's considered reliable:

Even more proof of what a douche bag Stapp is...

A friend of mine who knows the guys in 311 called me to tell me that Stapp had a “run in” with them on Friday. Apparently Stapp was staying in Baltimore, MD with his girlfriend (I believe her family lives there). Well the guys in 311 had shows in MD the night before and after Thanksgiving and were staying in the same hotel Stapp was. The guys in 311 were at the bar with their girlfriends and Stapp came in with his girlfriend. So Stapp was already off his mind and decided to start with the guys in 311. He said to their girlfriends, something along the lines of “Why are you with them when you could be with me. I sold 30 million records you know." Now mind you this was all said in front of his girlfriend as well. So they decided to take this outside, but before they did that Stapp offered to buy the guy a shot before they headed outside, and on the way to the bar he sucker punched him. After that a fight broke out between him and the guys. All the while Stapp’s girlfriend kept apologizing and saying “He gets like this, he mentally abuses people, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.”

I don’t know how hurt Stapp was. I believe the drummer broke his hand because his hand was in a cast at the Atlanta show they did on Saturday. Considering Stapp is going Regis and Kelly tomorrow this should be interesting to see.

ETA - Please see page 3 for explaination on who broke their hand. Photo is included.

Moving on to page 3:

Just one quick thing. I will apologize for 1 thing. I originally wrote I believed it was the drummer who broke his hand. I am probably wrong on that. I wasn't told which one it was. I just assumed it was the drummer because after I heard what happened I went to see if I could find photos of the show from the next day. I saw a photo of one of the members and he had his hand in a cast. I thought it was the drummer because I saw pictures of the lead singer and guitarist and they were okay. I have no clue who any of the guys in 311 are. I think I know maybe 4 311 songs total. It probably is that DJ guy. Here's the photo that I saw anyway.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3365/g431121jl.jpg

Okay I just looked at it again. I am a dumbass. The drummer is freaking sitting behind his kit!!! . Sorry about the confusion. I AM Mr. Magoo. I should have worn my glass

Also while it may be hard to believe it really isn't so far fetched. I have been told of another few incidents witnessed first hand by band members that have toured with Creed. A few of them never made it to the internet and I never posted out of respect for them because I was asked not to, but they were all true. This time I was told it was okay.

titan9
11-29-2005, 01:54 PM
no, they said the music started all of the sudden and Stapp put a weird look on his face while trying to catch up... that's why I'm asking, not stating.

Very interesting. I hadn't heard the rumor myself, and assumed you were just fooling around. I just read that whole post, and, well, I'm not going to really say too much. I'd honestly like to see more proof that this is true before I actually believe it. I mean, I'm not saying I think that girl is lying about it, I'm just saying that I take it what I read on message boards with a grain of salt. It kinda reminds me of a story a few months ago, regarding Stapp and a Denny's restaurant in Gainesville(google it if you're interested). Anyway, despite that story sounding incredibly real, it was proved to be false as far as I know. That's why I'm not believing this new incident until I see further proof that it could be true.

cyndeelouwho
11-29-2005, 01:56 PM
I hate that show! I hate it more now that Stapp was invited on and not AB! LOL

titan9
11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
For those who did not see it, PBF now has a video up of his performance on Live. You have to be a member of the forums to access it, though.

As for the lipsynching thing, I highly doubt that. I watched it and it seemed too real, too live to be lipsynched. Who started that rumor, anyway?

Bullets
11-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah - just watched the video - definitely NOT a lipsynch - Scott sucks at lipsynching - remember the Thanksgiving Day Halftime show a few years back? THAT was bad..lol...

As for the fight story, i'm calling BS on that one for a couple reasons. First and foremost, the most obvious is that he did not look injured at all in any way, which means he either whooped all their asses or its not true. Makeup always helps, but it can't make you look perfect. Second of all, had their been a fight, the cops would have been called and we'd have a situation similar to that at the nightclub several years back when Scott got into a skirmish with some guy there.

Overall it was a very good performance and I"m with you Titan, ABC sucks - the fact that they cut out the second verse pissed me off. His voice is definitely getting better and stronger though - looking forward to seeing future tv performances.

IamFilthy
11-29-2005, 02:51 PM
I heard it was lip synch. Is this true?

Defenitely not lip synch....as for the Stapp/311 skirmish you have got to be legally retarded. :clock: Any fight in a public place with celebrities would be all over the news. Your friend is about as reliable as three-legged ballerina.

SummerGirl
11-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm not calling BS on this one...btw, two reasons is a couple of reasons not several...

This alleged altercation occurred on Friday night...today is Monday...two days of healing plus consider that during fighting there are multiple possibilities (a) Scott can protect himself...especially his own face...(b) the guys he fought know how to fight and didn't go for the face instead opting for the oh so painful kidney body type shots or (c) the 311 boys don't know how to fight, etc...let your imagination run wild...

Make up DOES make people look perfect...that's what it does...just ask any print model who gets up at 3 am after partying all night...

Also, the prior post evinces the easiest reason to believe it this time around is that Stapp has clearly indulged in this type of behavior before and repeatedly.

Furthermore, what well-known and substaniated fued is there between 311 and Stapp that would cause for them or their crew to be sharing such stories...the story itself is not very flattering to 311, so where is the glory?

Another good performance for Stapp. Good for him! Onward and upward...

IamFilthy
11-29-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm not calling BS on this one...btw, two reasons is a couple of reasons not several...

This alleged altercation occurred on Friday night...today is Monday...two days of healing plus consider that during fighting there are multiple possibilities (a) Scott can protect himself...especially his own face...(b) the guys he fought know how to fight and didn't go for the face instead opting for the oh so painful kidney body type shots or (c) the 311 boys don't know how to fight, etc...let your imagination run wild...

Make up DOES make people look perfect...that's what it does...just ask any print model who gets up at 3 am after partying all night...

Also, the prior post evinces the easiest reason to believe it this time around is that Stapp has clearly indulged in this type of behavior before and repeatedly.

Furthermore, what well-known and substaniated fued is there between 311 and Stapp that would cause for them or their crew to be sharing such stories...the story itself is not very flattering to 311, so where is the glory?

Another good performance for Stapp. Good for him! Onward and upward...

who said it was them or their crew?...people make up such BS just to start sh!t. Who knows how these things get started. But trust me,...you would have heard it yourself if it were true,...not heresay from "a friend of some friends who know the band".

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2005, 03:09 PM
ok, so I was wrong. It didn't happen the night before, it was on Friday. But if you see the pic, 311's DJ is injured indeed.

The Gainesville thing was real or not? I didn't see anywhere confirming it wasn't true... I didn't believe most of it (drugs), but I do think he went there for a booty call.

As for IamFilthy remark, I feel sorry for you. I won't bother to go down your level...

anyway, do you think it's interesting for Stapp to get bad publicity (bar fights) when he just released his album? First, it may have happened quickly... Secondly, no cops involved or there wasn't any press on the local at the time.

Not to mention Stapp's PR could pay people to shut up. It wouldn't be the first time.

titan9
11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Both SG and Bullets make good points. It's highly possible that this whole thing was just made up. But given the past(the bar fight from a few years ago, for example) it's also somewhat possible that this did happen. Like Bullets said, though, I find it hard to believe that if there was a fight(and someone broke their hand) that the police were not called. And like IAmFilthy said, considering it was supposedly a fight between two celebrities, it'd probably be all over the news by now if true.

So, like I said before, I am taking this rumor with a big grain of salt.

SummerGirl
11-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Fark, the Smoking Gun, Fox & Friends would not find this "news" worthy of a sound bite...let alone the New York Post.

All I'm saying is that it could have happened. There are two camps involved in this story. The truth, as always, lies somewhere in the middle...well, that...or the video tape...LOL!

I wouldn't have heard it directly. The 311 boys don't have my number and neither did Stapp last time I checked.

titan9
11-29-2005, 03:18 PM
The Gainesville thing was real or not? I didn't see anywhere confirming it wasn't true... I didn't believe most of it (drugs), but I do think he went there for a booty call.

As far as I can tell, it was proven false. The morning following the supposed "booty call", Stapp played in a Celebrity Softball game, as reported on PBF. Those who met him at said Softball game said he acted completely normal, no signs of him having done cocaine the previous night as written in that blog story. There were supposedly pictures of him at Denny's, but when you compare those pictures with pictures of him at the Softball game, those pics on the blog looked extremely old and didn't compare with recent pictures. One thing I found extremely hard to believe, though, was that he'd make his sister, of all people, drive him down there. I think that's what really made me think it was false. That and the fact that he'd drive there just for a girl he didn't even know, especially when he is with Miss New York!

I really looked into the story after reading it, and I came to the conclusion that it was probably a bunch of teenagers just making up a story to get their 15 minutes of fame. The sad thing is, VH1's Best Week Ever blog was suckered into reporting the story.

IamFilthy
11-29-2005, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=Bridge of Clay]ok, so I was wrong. It didn't happen the night before, it was on Friday. But if you see the pic, 311's DJ is injured indeed.

As for IamFilthy remark, I feel sorry for you. I won't bother to go down your level...

anyway, do you think it's interesting for Stapp to get bad publicity (bar fights) when he just released his album? First, it may have happened quickly... Secondly, no cops involved or there wasn't any press on the local at the time.

Like I said before,,,,A fight between CELEBRITIES in a PUBLIC place would have fallen into the hands of SOMEONE other than "a friend of a friend who knows the band',...and besides,...you heard it off of an ALTERBRIDGE forum,..it doesn't take a genius to figure this one out :headbang:

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Lora would have nothing to gain by posting that.

I saw the video from R&K... no sign of lipsynch. It began so abruptally though. I wonder if they played this way or if they edited... probably edited it.

Mrprophetman
11-29-2005, 03:43 PM

If you actually watch the clip....the camera is focused on the drummer when the song starts and not Stapp. So who the hell saw the weird look on his face? Sure didn't sound like a lip synch job to me....and he didn't look any worse for wear either.....and supposedly he had been beat up?...and by a pansy reggae band?

I've got to consider where this information was originally posted...and then consider it the bullshit that it is....hehe

Bullets
11-29-2005, 03:46 PM

Fixed - Thank you grammar queen... :bow:

:D

sina2b
11-29-2005, 04:02 PM

:D

I personally know that stapp is an ass at bars, I go to a bar right under my apartments often to get a beer or something after long days of school, I saw stapp there once (2-3 years ago) and he was alone, and I was a huge creed fan at the time. I went over and introduced myself and offered him a drink (and the bartender said its on the house since they knew me) but he refused and wanted some alone and quality time. a little thing like that could have ment alot to me but i guess the 10 minute alone time ment more to him. and I was reading this post in the ABB Forum about how one of the members met AB at a bar and had a blast with them. this guy is pathetic but his voice is sadly still good. If the bar story is true if i was there i wouldve threw a couple of punches myself :)

SummerGirl
11-29-2005, 04:09 PM

:D You are quite welcome!!! Always glad to help!!! ;)

Creed7352
11-29-2005, 05:02 PM
311 is not a pansy reggae band...LOL

and be nice to summergirl, she's cool.

someone that was at the actual taping of the regis and kelly show would've seen stapp's face...

Bullets
11-29-2005, 05:05 PM
oh i'm just playing around - no hard feelings :D

Creed7352
11-29-2005, 05:06 PM
oh i'm just playing around - no hard feelings :D

okay :D

sina2b
11-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Those who met him at said Softball game said he acted completely normal, no signs of him having done cocaine the previous night as written in that blog story.

there are no signs when you do coke, you dont act weird or anything you just get alot of energy, its not like other drugs where you can tell wether someones on it or not unless they overdose on it or something.

RMadd
11-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I hate that show! I hate it more now that Stapp was invited on and not AB! LOL
ummmm... yeah.... i don't think most people who watch or go to see regis & kelly would, you know, like AB. they're mostly middle-aged women and, no disrespect to the more respectable ladies on here, but I'm pretty sure my mom would rather see Stapp than AB.

sina2b
11-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Quote: (Originally Posted by cyndeelouwho) I hate that show! I hate it more now that Stapp was invited on and not AB! LOL

ive recently started listening to AB and the more I listen to them the more I dislike stapp, i dont know what the relation is though but yea hes starting to totally suck, and his new CD came really good to me at first, but Im getting over it allready.

RMadd
11-29-2005, 08:46 PM
ive recently started listening to AB and the more I listen to them the more I dislike stapp
why?

Ana4Stapp
11-29-2005, 09:14 PM
I liked his performance better than on Leno. He seemed a little more confident. But maybe it could be real better IF guys from Goneblind just help him...cuz honestly I think they CANT...

sina2b
11-29-2005, 10:28 PM
why?

cause the dude seems to be a real pain, it is his personal life but I sure dont like it. I mean I thought he only refers to the album sales every time anyone gives him a chance to speak but when picking up girls in bar, that is so lame. And then he goes around saying how fame changed the other guys and how insecure they were/are! talk about being insecure!!!

Rocketqueen
11-29-2005, 10:35 PM
i have,nt whatched yet i recorded it today so i will whatch it later,

titan9
11-29-2005, 10:37 PM
That's why I only try to judge him by his music. If I judged him based on what I've heard he's done, based on some of the silly things he's said in interviews....I would be a very negative critic of him. But that's why I don't judge him by that stuff; that's why I only defend his music, not his personal life. I try not to let what other people say/think about him effect how I feel about his MUSIC. There's a ton of haters out there, but that won't change the fact that I am a fan of his music.

Rocketqueen
11-29-2005, 10:45 PM
of course :) man

sina2b
11-29-2005, 11:00 PM
That's why I only try to judge him by his music. If I judged him based on what I've heard he's done, based on some of the silly things he's said in interviews....I would be a very negative critic of him. But that's why I don't judge him by that stuff; that's why I only defend his music, not his personal life. I try not to let what other people say/think about him effect how I feel about his MUSIC. There's a ton of haters out there, but that won't change the fact that I am a fan of his music.

Do you really think that if it wasnt for Mark, scott wouldve been where he is today? But if it wasnt for Scott Mark may have not done so well but he wouldve at least been where he is now as far as AB goes. Yes he has a good voice but I bet he doesnt know much about music, even if he does its mark that taught him and its not right to bash him as Stapp did, why listen to what people have to say when you can digest it from their own actions. He's a complete ass and yes I agree his voice is good but so is my moms; hes just one of those people whose "been there at the right time"; its not all his music and talent.

Mrprophetman
11-29-2005, 11:11 PM
311 is not a pansy reggae band...LOL

and be nice to summergirl, she's cool.

someone that was at the actual taping of the regis and kelly show would've seen stapp's face...

They are to me. There were people at the taping who had their picture taken with the guy himself...I haven't seen her say anything about his looking like he had been beat up.

Mrprophetman
11-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Do you really think that if it wasnt for Mark, scott wouldve been where he is today? But if it wasnt for Scott Mark may have not done so well but he wouldve at least been where he is now as far as AB goes. Yes he has a good voice but I bet he doesnt know much about music, even if he does its mark that taught him and its not right to bash him as Stapp did, why listen to what people have to say when you can digest it from their own actions. He's a complete ass and yes I agree his voice is good but so is my moms; hes just one of those people whose "been there at the right time"; its not all his music and talent.

As I have seen someone else post here.....Mark Tremonti has been calling Scott Stapp an ass for over a year now. How come Mark Tremonti can do it, but Stapp can't respond to questions about it?

Shadow
11-29-2005, 11:26 PM
I was at R&K this morning. I was sitting not more then 10 feet from Scott.

Scott WAS NOT lip syncing.

Scott did not have a lot of make-up on. He did have make-up, but not a lot. There was no way. He walked through the lobby before putting his make-up on. Do you really think he would walk through a lobby filled with 100 people if his face was bruised? I kissed and hugged him and had my picture taken with him. I saw him as close as anyone can see him. He was fine.

sina2b
11-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Quote:
As I have seen someone else post here.....Mark Tremonti has been calling Scott Stapp an ass for over a year now. How come Mark Tremonti can do it, but Stapp can't respond to questions about it?

yes he has and so have many others, but scott is the ONLY one who has dissed mark. Im not judging but there must be something about him that people close to him all have had issues with him even his own father. Or he may really be something special and everyone else is at fault. I dont know ...

sina2b
11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I was at R&K this morning. I was sitting not more then 10 feet from Scott.

Scott WAS NOT lip syncing.

Scott did not have a lot of make-up on. He did have make-up, but not a lot. There was no way. He walked through the lobby before putting his make-up on. Do you really think he would walk through a lobby filled with 100 people if his face was bruised? I kissed and hugged him and had my picture taken with him. I saw him as close as anyone can see him. He was fine.

you dont have to be there to notice that, its clear that hes not lip syncing. As for bruises, not every fight makes u have bruises on your face, grownups usually dont tend to go very far in fights where it will result in bruises, maybe a punch or 2 but you have to get envolved in a hell of a fight to have brusises all over ur face.

johellion
11-29-2005, 11:55 PM

REALLY HE HAS BEEN CALLED AN ASS ALOT LONGER THAN THAT....STAPP NEEDS TO RESPOND!!! HE HAS ALREADY BEEN CAUGHT IN A BUNCH OF LIES!!! THEY NEED TO HAVE A MARK,BRIAN, AND FLIP SOUND OFF WITH STAPP FACE TO FACE....HEHEHE I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE WITH HIM!!! I WANNA KNOW WHY HE DID SOME THINGS TO ME, AND MY FAMILY PERSONALLY, AS WELL AS WHY HE DID HIS "BROTHERS" AS HE CALLED THEM THE WAY HE DID

NOW BACK TO REGIS AND KELLY....hIS VOICE IS NOT AS CLEAR, AND THEY SOUNDED LIKE CREED!!! END OF STORY!!! SCOTT NEEDS TO DO STRICTLY A SOLO ALBUM..NOT WITH A BAND..,ACOUSTICAL, SOMETHING.....SOLO DOES MEAN ....LET ME GET MY DICTIONARY...SHIT..I CAN'T FIND IT....BUT YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO KNOW ...SOLO..MEANS YOURSELF....WHAT KILLS ME IS HE HAS A BAND....AND THE ALBUM IS CALLED SCOTT STAPP..THE GREAT DIVINE...NO MENTION OF THE BAND BY REGIS, OR LENO, HAVEN'T LOOKED AT THE ALBUM COVER YET...AND PROBABLY WILL NOT, CAUSE I AM NOT GONNA BUY IT!!! :D

sina2b
11-30-2005, 12:01 AM
END OF STORY!!! SCOTT NEEDS TO DO STRICTLY A SOLO ALBUM..NOT WITH A BAND..,ACOUSTICAL,

Oh PALEEEEASEEEEEE !

ctfan
11-30-2005, 01:32 AM

A friend of mine who knows the guys in 311 called me to tell me that Stapp had a “run in” with them on Friday. Apparently Stapp was staying in Baltimore, MD with his girlfriend (I believe her family lives there). Well the guys in 311 had shows in MD the night before and after Thanksgiving and were staying in the same hotel Stapp was. The guys in 311 were at the bar with their girlfriends and Stapp came in with his girlfriend. So Stapp was already off his mind and decided to start with the guys in 311. He said to their girlfriends, something along the lines of “Why are you with them when you could be with me. I sold 30 million records you know." Now mind you this was all said in front of his girlfriend as well. So they decided to take this outside, but before they did that Stapp offered to buy the guy a shot before they headed outside, and on the way to the bar he sucker punched him. After that a fight broke out between him and the guys. All the while Stapp’s girlfriend kept apologizing and saying “He gets like this, he mentally abuses people, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.”

I don’t know how hurt Stapp was. I believe the drummer broke his hand because his hand was in a cast at the Atlanta show they did on Saturday. Considering Stapp is going Regis and Kelly tomorrow this should be interesting to see.

ETA - Please see page 3 for explaination on who broke their hand. Photo is included.

Just one quick thing. I will apologize for 1 thing. I originally wrote I believed it was the drummer who broke his hand. I am probably wrong on that. I wasn't told which one it was. I just assumed it was the drummer because after I heard what happened I went to see if I could find photos of the show from the next day. I saw a photo of one of the members and he had his hand in a cast. I thought it was the drummer because I saw pictures of the lead singer and guitarist and they were okay. I have no clue who any of the guys in 311 are. I think I know maybe 4 311 songs total. It probably is that DJ guy. Here's the photo that I saw anyway.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3365/g431121jl.jpg

Okay I just looked at it again. I am a dumbass. The drummer is freaking sitting behind his kit!!! . Sorry about the confusion. I AM Mr. Magoo. I should have worn my glass

Also while it may be hard to believe it really isn't so far fetched. I have been told of another few incidents witnessed first hand by band members that have toured with Creed. A few of them never made it to the internet and I never posted out of respect for them because I was asked not to, but they were all true. This time I was told it was okay.

That ^^^ is one of the most bogus, bucket of crap filled stories I've ever heard, and I'm lmao at it too. No news articles of the altercation, no comments by 311 on it, no buzz about it by any of their fans either. Just a freakin pic of a band member with a cast on his hand.

Wow, how sad and pathetic another "I heard from somebody who heard from somebody else that someone saw somebody else overhear something somebody said."

And the simple fact that it came from the abb.net board....doesn't surprise me one bit.

sina2b
11-30-2005, 01:38 AM
That ^^^ is one of the most bogus, bucket of crap filled stories I've ever heard, and I'm lmao at it too. No news articles of the altercation, no comments by 311 on it, no buzz about it by any of their fans either. Just a freakin pic of a band member with a cast on his hand.

Wow, how sad and pathetic another "I heard from somebody who heard from somebody else that someone saw somebody else overhear something somebody said."

And the simple fact that it came from the abb.net board....doesn't surprise me one bit.

someone just wrote what they heard, they havent stated if its a fact or not. He/She clearly mentioned at the first line that ive heard this from .....

ctfan
11-30-2005, 01:40 AM
REALLY HE HAS BEEN CALLED AN ASS ALOT LONGER THAN THAT....STAPP NEEDS TO RESPOND!!! HE HAS ALREADY BEEN CAUGHT IN A BUNCH OF LIES!!! THEY NEED TO HAVE A MARK,BRIAN, AND FLIP SOUND OFF WITH STAPP FACE TO FACE....HEHEHE I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE WITH HIM!!! I WANNA KNOW WHY HE DID SOME THINGS TO ME, AND MY FAMILY PERSONALLY, AS WELL AS WHY HE DID HIS "BROTHERS" AS HE CALLED THEM THE WAY HE DID

NOW BACK TO REGIS AND KELLY....hIS VOICE IS NOT AS CLEAR, AND THEY SOUNDED LIKE CREED!!! END OF STORY!!! SCOTT NEEDS TO DO STRICTLY A SOLO ALBUM..NOT WITH A BAND..,ACOUSTICAL, SOMETHING.....SOLO DOES MEAN ....LET ME GET MY DICTIONARY...SHIT..I CAN'T FIND IT....BUT YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO KNOW ...SOLO..MEANS YOURSELF....WHAT KILLS ME IS HE HAS A BAND....AND THE ALBUM IS CALLED SCOTT STAPP..THE GREAT DIVINE...NO MENTION OF THE BAND BY REGIS, OR LENO, HAVEN'T LOOKED AT THE ALBUM COVER YET...AND PROBABLY WILL NOT, CAUSE I AM NOT GONNA BUY IT!!! :D

Ummm, so what...you want he should sing and perform with no band?

And I'll say again, you claim they sound like Creed right. Well, if they sound like them, then it would stand to reason that maybe Mark wasn't the musical genius everyone thinks he is. I mean, if it's that easy to replicate the sound. So does that make Mark less talented...or Stapp a better one.

ctfan
11-30-2005, 01:49 AM
someone just wrote what they heard, they havent stated if its a fact or not. He/She clearly mentioned at the first line that ive heard this from .....

Ooopsy, gotcha on that one dude. Look at the very, very beginning.

Chase
11-30-2005, 01:51 AM
Is there a video of this performance circulating yet?

sina2b
11-30-2005, 02:26 AM

And I'll say again, you claim they sound like Creed right. Well, if they sound like them, then it would stand to reason that maybe Mark wasn't the musical genius everyone thinks he is. I mean, if it's that easy to replicate the sound. So does that make Mark less talented...or Stapp a better one.

Scott even mentioned in a recent interview that mark is a genius music wise, if scott says that about mark, then believe in that fact that he is.

Creed7352
11-30-2005, 02:28 AM
They are to me. There were people at the taping who had their picture taken with the guy himself...I haven't seen her say anything about his looking like he had been beat up.

i was just saying that someone there would've seen his face when they were showing the drummer on t.v...and would've seen his reaction.

i didn't hear that stapp reacted that way myself so i was just tossing up some possiblities.

also, you can get punched in the face and not get a black eye or bruise. i got in a fight when i was younger and the guy i fought with punched me in the face before i beat his ass and i didn't get bruised or a black eye...and he broke his hand too cause he punched me at the wrong angle.

Dogstar
11-30-2005, 02:38 AM

For once, I agree with you :D

sina2b
11-30-2005, 02:42 AM
Ooopsy, gotcha on that one dude. Look at the very, very beginning.

why isnt it clear for people that this guy has issues? for example the issue with his Dr. and how proud he is that the Dr.s license is revoked and how his "past" issues is all his fault. How stupid would you be to go on hardcore medications from a "Rock'n'roll" Dr. (according to his own words) for about a year and then realize it has side effects; and then blame it on him???.

I got a medical marijuana prescription from a Dr. who i paid $150 to issue it to me when i was 18. but do I blame the Dr. for all the marijuana i consumed at that time and the damage ive suffered from or not!! hell no unless theres something very wrong with me!
He constantly blames everybody for all his past/present issues. If he is so mentally mature (according to his songs) why the hell doesnt he take responsibilty for all the screw-ups hes made over time?? You know I can care less about scott but the fact that I see people adoring him (not you man) is really on my nurves. Cuz being stupid is one thing, but ignoring reality and supporting stupidity is another. This is all my oponion so i dont mean to offend any hardcore stapp fans, and for the pbf members who read this im glad i can say what goes on in my head without getting a bunch of meaningless obsessive replies in this forum and being banned :), thanks admin :)

Dogstar
11-30-2005, 02:47 AM
why isnt it clear for people that this guy has issues? for example the issue with his Dr. and how proud he is that the Dr.s license is revoked and how his "past" issues is all his fault. How stupid would you be to go on hardcore medications from a "Rock'n'roll" Dr. (according to his own words) for about a year and then realize it has side effects; and then blame it on him???.

I got a medical marijuana prescription from a Dr. who i paid $150 to issue it to me when i was 18. but do I blame the Dr. for all the marijuana i consumed at that time and the damage ive suffered from or not!! hell no unless theres something very wrong with me!
He constantly blames everybody for all his past/present issues. If he is so mentally mature (according to his songs) why the hell doesnt he take responsibilty for all the screw-ups hes made over time?? You know I can care less about scott but the fact that I see people adoring him (not you man) is really on my nurves. Cuz being stupid is one thing, but ignoring reality and supporting stupidity is another. This is all my oponion so i dont mean to offend any hardcore stapp fans, and for the pbf members who read this im glad i can say what goes on in my head without getting a bunch of meaningless obsessive replies in this forum and being banned :), thanks admin :)
Unless you know the man personally, you don't have a clue about his so-called issues. Yes, there have been some less-than-flattering public displays of inappropriateness, but you don't know squat unless you know the man. And for someone who claims to care less about Scott Stapp, you spend an awful lot of time ripping the man's personal life here. You hardly EVER talk about the music. You seem more obsessed with his personal life than anything else. I'm not the man's biggest fan these days, either, but some of the unsubstantiated stuff you spew here is getting a bit old. And if it continues, you will be banned.

sina2b
11-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Unless you know the man personally, you don't have a clue about his so-called issues. Yes, there have been some less-than-flattering public displays of inappropriateness, but you don't know squat unless you know the man. And for someone who claims to care less about Scott Stapp, you spend an awful lot of time ripping the man's personal life here. You hardly EVER talk about the music. You seem more obsessed with his personal life than anything else. I'm not the man's biggest fan these days, either, but some of the unsubstantiated stuff you spew here is getting a bit old. And if it continues, you will be banned.

Do you know hitler personally? would you say the same lines about hitler as well? if you do im sorry for you allready! if you dont; you just contradicted what you said so disregard the following lines as you have issues yourself.

I know enough to use my brain, and for your information ive mentioned several times how i like his voice and what he does but when his personal life is the topic I will state my oponion and yes this is mostly how my state of mind towards him is but then again its my personal oponion and it will continue as it is. If you are a moderator here please block me at the earliest if my way of thinking disturbs you and your board, if your not in charge please leave it to someone who really should worry about it and stay out of others business.

Creed7352
11-30-2005, 03:21 AM

sound like, yet it lacks the complex and bitchin' sounding riffs that mark writes...sounds like as in tone.

facelessmike
11-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Even though I dont/didnt personally know either man, I dont buy the
Hitler:Scott Stapp analogy...just a bad argument imo :wtf:

Fight or no fight it was a good performance and classic Stapp, although toned down from Leno and unfortunately shortened.
(Chase - its up now inside the pbf board)

The nature and history of Stapp will always invite debate about his personal life and personality, and even though I find it sometimes intriguing, I prefer to concentrate on the music. That said, I doubt it happened as described.

Dogstar
11-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Do you know hitler personally? would you say the same lines about hitler as well? if you do im sorry for you allready! if you dont; you just contradicted what you said so disregard the following lines as you have issues yourself.
That makes no absolutely no sense.

I know enough to use my brain, and for your information ive mentioned several times how i like his voice and what he does but when his personal life is the topic I will state my oponion and yes this is mostly how my state of mind towards him is but then again its my personal oponion and it will continue as it is. If you are a moderator here please block me at the earliest if my way of thinking disturbs you and your board, if your not in charge please leave it to someone who really should worry about it and stay out of others business.

Your first posts here were unsubstantiated attacks on personal life in threads about his music. I'm a mod here, so yeah, this IS my business. I think you just want to stir the pot, since you repeat the same crap.
PPOR.

facelessmike
11-30-2005, 04:23 AM
for the pbf members who read this im glad i can say what goes on in my head without getting a bunch of meaningless obsessive replies in this forum

Although an excellent fansite, youre not alone in thinking that at times it can be obsessive and rather irritating. I would say to say whatever you want here, but try to be reasonable and respectful of others' opinions as well. Sure, Scott has had or still does have some issues, as do we all, but what's the point of constantly dwelling on them? Despite that, I'm a fan of his for the music. Everything else is really pretty meaningless.

sina2b
11-30-2005, 04:35 AM
Although an excellent fansite, youre not alone in thinking that at times it can be obsessive and rather irritating. I would say to say whatever you want here, but try to be reasonable and respectful of others' opinions as well. Sure, Scott has had or still does have some issues, as do we all, but what's the point of constantly dwelling on them? Despite that, I'm a fan of his for the music. Everything else is really pretty meaningless.

THANK YOU for reading through my post and actully thinking about it rather then getting offended very fast, i dont mean to offend anyone here! and from what i understand the main subject of this topic is scott and his issues rather than discussing his performance on the show, forgive me if im wrong.

sina2b
11-30-2005, 04:46 AM
That makes no absolutely no sense.

Your first posts here were unsubstantiated attacks on personal life in threads about his music. I'm a mod here, so yeah, this IS my business. I think you just want to stir the pot, since you repeat the same crap.
PPOR.

Im not surprised it doesnt make any sense to u.

why dont you go ahead and block me then, unless it doesnt make any sense to you. If this is how the way this board works TOO i rather be blocked, please!

Dogstar
11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Im not surprised it doesnt make any sense to u.

why dont you go ahead and block me then, unless it doesnt make any sense to you. If this is how the way this board works TOO i rather be blocked, please!
It makes no sense as an argument. It's a ridiculous comparison. It was a weak defense.

sina2b
11-30-2005, 05:58 PM
It makes no sense as an argument. It's a ridiculous comparison. It was a weak defense.

why is it weak, you said you can not know if he has issues unless you know him personally, by that I ment weve read and heard enough to know that he clearly has issues, in different scales but he does have issues.

audi1999
11-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I was at the show and Scott was not lip singing he was extemely nice at the end of the show he came out to sign autographs until the paparazzi came and messed everything up then his body guards rushed him off. :mad1:

Rocketqueen
11-30-2005, 10:24 PM
thank you sweetheart i for one dont believe or buy that he was lip singing people got probleams Welcome aboard

RMadd
12-01-2005, 12:44 AM
But if it wasnt for Scott Mark may have not done so well but he wouldve at least been where he is now as far as AB goes.
I'm not so sure you can say that. We don't know anything about what motivated Mark to starting trying to shred alot more. If not for Stapp, they (Mark, Flip, & Brian) might still be playing in bar bands in Tallahassee... or wherever....

tremonti4life04
12-01-2005, 02:39 AM
I'm not so sure you can say that. We don't know anything about what motivated Mark to starting trying to shred alot more. If not for Stapp, they (Mark, Flip, & Brian) might still be playing in bar bands in Tallahassee... or wherever....

Guitarists like mark, bassists like brian, and drummers like flip dont play in bars. Songwriters and drunks like stapp...do.

I never followed creed for stapp, and not too many people that i know that followed creed did. I know a lot of people who loved tremonti's style but hated stapp, and listened to creed for only that reason, and rejoiced when stapp got the boot.

And believe me, there is nothing wrong with playing in a bar, thats where every band that is living the dream started out, in a bar. You dont just automatically get inducted into the Hall of Fame when you drag your instruments out of ur garage, it doesnt come overnight, it happens over time, long amounts of time. And in my own opinion, stapp wouldnt be where he is today if he wouldnt have met Tremonti, so, it can be said either way. All i know is that it takes more than a singer to make a band, and all it takes is a wrong move to destroy a band. I see stapp making that wrong move again, and he will eventually fade from the scene because he has no people skills, and as an entertainer, thats 90% of the gig.

The Lithium
12-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Defenitely not lip synch....as for the Stapp/311 skirmish you have got to be legally retarded. :clock: Any fight in a public place with celebrities would be all over the news. Your friend is about as reliable as three-legged ballerina.
What's the matter with you? Can't you respect other members?

you heard it off of an ALTERBRIDGE forum,..it doesn't take a genius to figure this one out :headbang:
Is that supposed to be an issult?

No, I really just thinks it makes Stapp a Tremonti rip-off...

titan9
12-01-2005, 05:52 PM
I think what he meant, Lith, was that it wouldn't at all be hard to believe that someone on the AB forum would post something malicious to hurt Stapp's career. Quite a few AB fans over there happen to be avid Stapp haters, and it would not shock me to see them posting that stuff. I'm not saying I agree with what he said, but I didn't interpret it as an insult.

ScottStappcutie
12-02-2005, 12:18 AM
and supposedly he had been beat up?...and by a pansy reggae band?

By all accounts, the pansy reggae band pretty much beat him down. =)

ctfan
12-02-2005, 02:45 AM

I consider myself a "hardcore stapp fan", but I'm one who chooses not to discuss any "issues" the man may have. But I will discuss things that I've read, and understand.

Dude, the whole "throat, took one for the team" was just that. If he didn't take the injections, he couldn't perform, he couldn't perform...tour cancelled. People were pissed at the concerts that were cancelled, ex-bandmates mentioned it in previous interviews as well. So what, exactly would you have done? Been crucified for cancelling and being a man enough to handle the critisims of not only your fans, but your own bandmates....or taken the meds, became dependant on them, got crucified again for the way they made you look, and been man enough to handle those critisims as well??

Who would you blame? Yourself, the Dr., the fans, management, label, your bandmates?. And I gotta say, I guess Ozzie was just as stupid, cause the same Dr. treated him.

Man, you can dislike Stapp all you want, for whatever reason strikes your fancy, hell, you can even make stuff up if that's what you want to do, but damn, I just see things in a different way, so please don't try to shove your crap down my throat.

ctfan
12-02-2005, 02:50 AM

Hmmm, according to the AP article, that pansy reggae band may be in some pretty deep doo-doo. :D

ctfan
12-02-2005, 02:54 AM
I'm too far behind on my reading here, and keeping up with things, and this quite possibly the wrong thread to post this in, but I wanted to say that I caught both Leno and Regis/Kelly performances and thought that they were great!

The music was moving it, the voice was strong, and I enjoyed watching!

ScottStappcutie
12-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Hmmm, according to the AP article, that pansy reggae band may be in some pretty deep doo-doo. :D

It says nothing of the sort, and I'm sure if anything were to happen, it would be worth every penny. :D

facelessmike
12-02-2005, 06:35 AM
I consider myself a "hardcore stapp fan", but I'm one who chooses not to discuss any "issues" the man may have. But I will discuss things that I've read, and understand.

Dude, the whole "throat, took one for the team" was just that. If he didn't take the injections, he couldn't perform, he couldn't perform...tour cancelled. People were pissed at the concerts that were cancelled, ex-bandmates mentioned it in previous interviews as well. So what, exactly would you have done? Been crucified for cancelling and being a man enough to handle the critisims of not only your fans, but your own bandmates....or taken the meds, became dependant on them, got crucified again for the way they made you look, and been man enough to handle those critisims as well??

Who would you blame? Yourself, the Dr., the fans, management, label, your bandmates?. And I gotta say, I guess Ozzie was just as stupid, cause the same Dr. treated him.

Man, you can dislike Stapp all you want, for whatever reason strikes your fancy, hell, you can even make stuff up if that's what you want to do, but damn, I just see things in a different way, so please don't try to shove your crap down my throat.

I have a very similar viewpoint...I had tickets to a show that got cancelled twice on the weathered tour and I always defended his story. Its just that all these alleged events are making me wonder more about his true character. I was hoping that with the new album, he would appear free of any of the problems that dogged him in the past. And he may prove to do just that. But, if he keeps getting in drunken rages and continues being an alleged ass to people than his reputation (not among Stapp fans like us) will continue to suffer. But I'll always be a fan of his music and thats what I too prefer to focus on and discuss instead of crap like this.

ctfan
12-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I have a very similar viewpoint...I had tickets to a show that got cancelled twice on the weathered tour and I always defended his story. Its just that all these alleged events are making me wonder more about his true character. I was hoping that with the new album, he would appear free of any of the problems that dogged him in the past. And he may prove to do just that. But, if he keeps getting in drunken rages and continues being an alleged ass to people than his reputation (not among Stapp fans like us) will continue to suffer. But I'll always be a fan of his music and thats what I too prefer to focus on and discuss instead of crap like this.

I understand where your coming from. It's just that for me, I don't wonder about his character, because that's not what is important. I guess I just over simplify, and see him as a man, just like any other. He just happens to be a musician. lol. :)

titan9
12-02-2005, 10:11 AM

They must not have beat him down that bad, or else he would have looked pretty beaten up at Live. :laugh:

ScottStappcutie
12-02-2005, 03:10 PM
They must not have beat him down that bad, or else he would have looked pretty beaten up at Live. :laugh:

1. If you knock a guy down with a couple of hits, most would consider it a beat down. You don't have to get on top of somebody that is already down and pummel them.

2. Scott was on camera at Live, meaning he had makeup on. Makeup would def cover any marks on your face.

:peace:

titan9
12-02-2005, 03:16 PM
As I previously said, make-up doesn't mask everything. If he were really beaten badly by 311, there would be marks and those marks would be visible.

Additionally, I was joking about them not beating him up very good. I was playing off the whole "311 is a pansy reggae band" thing that was posted on here yesterday by another forum member. I don't really have an opinion on 311, so I'm neither for or against them. :D

PJAmerica
12-04-2005, 03:29 AM
I couldn't bare to watch him on leno, made me ill. hoe sounded so awful. I was stoked to see it too. I chose to change the channel it was so bad. I forbid to ever watch the guy live after that performance.

Creed7352
12-04-2005, 04:12 AM
you can kick someone or punch someone in the ribs and "beat them badly" and it wouldn't show up on a t.v. appearance with a long sleeve shirt on ;)

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 12:51 PM
I just watched the video... It pretty much sucked...

audi1999
12-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Was anyone at the Live with Regis and Kelly show besides me :eek: ?

The Lithium
12-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Was anyone at the Live with Regis and Kelly show besides me :eek: ?
Well I don't know... Most of us here are Alter Bridge fans.

Chase
12-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Well I don't know... Most of us here are Alter Bridge fans.

Actually, a lot of us here are Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp fans.

Ana4Stapp
12-28-2005, 12:52 AM

now you said everything!!!!!!!!!;)

titan9
12-28-2005, 10:12 AM

Exactly what I was about to say. :D

The Lithium
12-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah alright... You win! :D

Ana4Stapp
12-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah alright... You win! :D

Final Score: CHASE 1 x LITHIUM 0

PS : I love you Lith ,but i couldnt resist...lol

Braddsn
12-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Greetings! This is just my take..Let me say this,and argue it if you want, but by researching, you will find this is true: Creed was one of, if not THE most successful rock band in the world for an nearly a decade. Case closed. Some will try and dispute this im sure, but before you do, check out the facts first. (Record sales, sold out shows, #1 hits, etc.) Now, I know Stapp can be a tool... I have seen it. He is an alcoholic no doubt.. and alcoholism causes 'some' people to morph into complete assholes, etc. I have family members who are struggling with it, and they are the nicest people you could ever meet until they "have a few".. Now that does not make it ok. So yes, he has some problems that he needs to deal with. BUT, in his defense.... many of you are quick to judge, but probably have NO idea what its like to be the frontman for the biggest rock band on the planet. Now to make matters worse, you are right in the middle of taking this band to the top, touring your f'ing ass off, and you find out you have nodules on your vocal cords. Think that is no big deal??? Think again. It is very serious. However, with the kind of contracts and money rolling in to the record company/producers, do you think they are going to let him take a break? HAHAHA... a break means millions lost... so inject him with whatever it takes to keep him on stage, regardless of consequenses. Well, some of the stuff that his so called "doc" had him on (prednizone and many other things) had severe consequences when stopped cold turkey. I.E. withdrawals, other addiction, depression, weight gain, etc etc. It is medically documented that many people have died as a result of coming off Prednisone too quickly. Yes this took its toll on Scott and caused problems with the band. So instead of taking a break after the tour and helping him when he needed it most, they left him high and dry. Because of M O N E Y... Good friends they were. They actually left him in a hotel after a show WHILE he was having severe withdrawal symptoms.. (fever, shaking, vomiting, passing out.. etc). Good friends they were. Good band mates. I am sure they were fed up with his shit, but COME ON.. leave your friend to possibly die?
Also on another note, and I am sure you will argue this too... but Stapp was Creed. Period. Tremonti, Phillips, good musicians no doubt. But Stapp... he was the voice, and the reason Creed rose to the top. And he is an incredible songwriter. His new solo project, "The Great Divide" is proof of it. Ok now I know I am going to get flamed by some... thats cool. But I just wanted to reveal another angle to all of this. Remember this too... rock LEGENDS, like Jim Morrison for example.. Morrison was a complete idiot also when he was high/drunk (which was most of his life).. and he even drank himself to death in his 20's... but he never got the negative publicity Stapp is getting, because back then, media was scarce. Nowadays, the media is so intense, that every single aspect of a celebrity's personal life is revealed. Especially the negative stuff. Ok so I am done. :-)

Dogstar
12-29-2005, 09:15 PM
You ought to check your research a little further. The band was in trouble during the Human Clay tour, so to say they left Stapp high and dry for money is just ill-informed. There were many factors, I'm sure, that led to the breakup. Musically, it's apparent they are going in different directions, and that was one of the factors. We really don't have all of the facts regarding Stapp's condition/problems, only what has been said in the magazines and by the members themselves. In any event, yes, I take issue with people who say Stapp was Creed. It was a BAND...four people who happened to gel quite nicely for a nice little run.

Braddsn
12-29-2005, 09:40 PM
I did not say that they left him high and dry for MONEY.. sorry if it was taken that way. All former members of Creed had all money problems licked after the first album. These boys will never have to worry about money again. And, when I say Stapp was Creed, this is why..: I am a semi-professional drummer in a successful band, and I have been in the music biz for 15 years. I have seen literally hundreds of awesome, tight, professional bands that would blow your mind. Just hit music row in Nashville on a saturday night and you will see what I mean. You will hear 50 guitarists that are on the same level as Tremonti.. trust me. Tremonti, Phillips, they are great musicians no doubt. But great musicians and great bands that gel together are a dime a dozen. It takes something more to rise to the status that Creed did. And in my experience, you need 2 things that *most* bands lack. 1-An awesome songwriter. These are VERY rare. Stapp wrote most of the songs that Creed ever did if I am not mistaken. (I am sure Tremonti helped but Stapp was the main force behind the writing)
2-A lead vocalist that sets your band aside from others. I know this because I have met many producers over the years, and they all say the same thing. Stapp was lucky enough to be born with that voice. So there you go.
In the same breath, I give credit to Tremonti and Phillips. They fit the style perfectly, and Tremonti (I am a Tremonti fan btw) turned out some incredible and unforgettable licks in each Creed song. Yes it took the whole band to do what they did, but I believe if Tremonti and Phillips were replaced during the middle of Creed's flight at the top, the majority of the general listening public may not have even noticed. But if Stapp would have been replaced.............

Dogstar
12-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Well, I'm just your average fan, and for me, it was Tremonti who drew me to Creed. Stapp wrote a lot of the lyrics, but the music was mostly Tremonti. Shitty music will not help great lyrics. And I heartily disagree that Stapp's solo effort is anything that comes close to Creed. His CD is not exactly flying off the shelves, not that sales have anything to do with quality. If there are so many great musicians who gel, why don't their bands make it as big as Creed did? Because, as you say, it takes more than a band gelling to make it huge. It's not just the talent. Sometimes, it's timing, too. Stapp and Tremonti were each other's muse; they caught lightning in a bottle, and I don't think for a minute that had Tremonti been replaced that Creed would have been as big as they were. I do not deny that Stapp was a great frontman. I saw Creed several times on the Weathered tour and he did not disappoint. I'm saying one was not bigger than the other in terms of contribution to the band.

evyllsummer
12-29-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm sure Stapp wrote most of the LYRICS. Music? Mm...not so much...same thing with Morrison, by the way...

Braddsn
12-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Point well taken. I guess what I am thinking about is this.... Take any big band... Journey for example.. The general public might possibly be able to name Steve Perry as the lead vocalist, but probably cannot name the rest of the band. If you replaced the drummer for Journey, with a drummer that could maintain the Journey style of drumming, I don't think anyone would notice (excluding the musicians that are into that stuff). Replace the bass guitarist, same deal. Lead guitarist, majority of the time, same deal. But you replace Steve Perry????? Then Journey is gone. This happened with Skid Row. They went through many musicians over the years, nobody noticed. Then one day Sebastian left. Skid Row was over. And I leave you with this.. Yes I agree with you, The Great Divide is no Creed album. The reason I believe is because Stapp has taken a new direction with most of the songs. He can do that if he wants because he is a multi-millionare now. But listen closely to the song "The Great Divide". This song is the exception. I have listened to it about 100 times now. It is right on par with creed. I am willing to bet that if I had the CD before it was released, and walked around telling people that this song was the new Creed song, nobody would dispute it. The lead guitarist did a great job at his version of Tremonti's style. Now if you are a musician (which I am) and you are really into each instrument and style (which I am), then yes, you may be able to tell its not Tremonti. But the majority of the listeners are not in this category. When you listen to AB, ANYONE can immediately tell its not Stapp on vocals. Oh and for the record, I will never jump on the AB vs. Stapp bandwagon, because I also think AB kicks A$$. They should not be compared in my opinion. I am writing long posts like this because I am bored and am killing time before I go to work :D

evyllsummer
12-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Let me say this,and argue it if you want, but by researching, you will find this is true: Creed was one of, if not THE most successful rock band in the world for an nearly a decade.

well, research will show that, strictly speaking, it was about 6 years...still a remarkable achievement...

Now to make matters worse, you are right in the middle of taking this band to the top, touring your f'ing ass off, and you find out you have nodules on your vocal cords. Think that is no big deal???

David Coverdale had surgery to remove a nodule, and he did some amazing vocals afterwards for the self-titled Whitesnake album...

So instead of taking a break after the tour and helping him when he needed it most, they left him high and dry. Because of M O N E Y... Good friends they were.

I could argue with this, but I'm not going to, simply because that just comes down to whose side of the story you believe...however, I will point out that Stapp has changed and/or modified his story a lot over the last year, and the story from Brian, Mark, Flip, and Brett has been VERY consistant...

Take any big band... Journey for example.. The general public might possibly be able to name Steve Perry as the lead vocalist, but probably cannot name the rest of the band. If you replaced the drummer for Journey, with a drummer that could maintain the Journey style of drumming, I don't think anyone would notice (excluding the musicians that are into that stuff). Replace the bass guitarist, same deal. Lead guitarist, majority of the time, same deal. But you replace Steve Perry????? Then Journey is gone. This happened with Skid Row. They went through many musicians over the years, nobody noticed. Then one day Sebastian left. Skid Row was over.

well, I think that time and place have a lot to do with popularity as well...when Journey reunited back in '96, they weren't selling out stadiums like they did in, say, '86...besides, it was Schon's band BEFORE Perry arrived, and it's STILL Schon's band...they enjoyed more success with Perry, though...Skid Row, well, their popularity was waning long before Bas left, as Subhuman Race was met with underwhelming numbers, and their lineup didn't change at all from the first album UNTIL Bas left (as Subhuman Race was the last album on which Bas performed)...and the fact that Windup has been putting quite a bit of effort into associating Creed with Stapp (something that Mark resisted quite a bit, to WU's dismay) only to find the results FAR less than rewarding MAY be an indicator that Creed's popularity might have been waning as well...not that it should matter...Creed was very successful, and they enjoyed their time...and, popularity shouldn't be an indicator of what is good and what isn't...

I do agree with your posit that the average (or casual) listener won't be able to distinguish between Stapp's band and Creed...I can say this because I wasn't a Creed fan, and TGD sounds like Creed to me...

Also, the Journey fanbase has actually been fairly consistant from the last Perry album to the current lineup with Augeri on vocals...doesn't hurt that Augeri sounds just like Perry...now that I think about it, Schon's other side project Soul Sirkus has Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, who ALSO can sound a lot like Perry when he wants to...

as for Skid Row, they were marginalized as "hair metal" or "cheese metal", so they were on their way out once the Seattle sound reset the norm...love the album Slave To The Grind, though...Bas was incredible on that album, and Subhuman Race was quite good as well...

I agree with the big point that you're trying to make, though, Brad...as MOST of the audience aren't going to be musicians, it's the singer's job to connect to the crowd...those who aren't musicians and aren't there to pay attention to the guitar, drums, or whatever, are going to be listening and/or watching the lead singer...if the singer's words don't connect, the band will have a rough time making it...

Braddsn
12-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Evyll, I agree with all of your points. Well said. Oh and, Slave to the Grind has to be one of my favorite albums of ALL TIME. Incredible. Seems like after that album, they disappeared.

evyllsummer
12-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Evyll, I agree with all of your points. Well said. Oh and, Slave to the Grind has to be one of my favorite albums of ALL TIME. Incredible. Seems like after that album, they disappeared.

LOL...yeah, you were naming some of my favorite singers up there...yeah, Slave To The Grind was an incredible follow-up to a pretty good debut, and, again, Subhuman Race (produced by Bob Rock) was probably better than the debut as well, but, at that time, it could have been BRILLIANT and it probably wouldn't have mattered because the musical environment was changing...I haven't heard any of Bas' stuff after Skid Row...this conversation has piqued my curiosity, though...

IamFilthy
12-31-2005, 06:56 PM
Braddsn has got to be the most intelligent member on the board,.,..FINALLY,someone who appreciates Stapp. Agree with every point,...............except that AB kicks A$$,of course....

titan9
01-01-2006, 01:34 AM
I'll give credit where credit is due: Braddsn has made some great points. Both him and evyllsummer are very intelligent posters.

Ana4Stapp
01-01-2006, 01:56 AM
^
Oh My God! Im definitely missing certain member here...because of his 'incredible' posts concernig to Stapp...:rolleyes:

Sentinel69
01-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Where can I watch it???

Ana4Stapp
01-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Braddsn has got to be the most intelligent member on the board,.,..FINALLY,someone who appreciates Stapp. Agree with every point,...............except that AB kicks A$$,of course....

????????? :eek:

Mrprophetman
01-02-2006, 11:11 PM
David Coverdale had surgery to remove a nodule, and he did some amazing vocals afterwards for the self-titled Whitesnake album...

Julie Andrews had the same surgery and NEVER SANG AGAIN. Interesting post Braddsn, considering the fact that in many interviews his bandmates stated they had no clue what was going on with Stapp. That they had no idea what he did with his time....claimed to be clueless about prednisone. Yeah.....right.

evyllsummer
01-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Julie Andrews had the same surgery and NEVER SANG AGAIN. .

um...research, research, research...

per imdb.com

"Sadly, an operation on her vocal chords left her singing voice badly damaged in 1998, but she has not let even this stop her, giving a show-stopping appearance at the 1999 Tony Awards and appearing in the TV-movie One Special Night (1999) (TV)."

and, looking at the rest of her biography and lengthy body of work, I think that her not singing anymore had LESS to do with the surgery and MORE to do with the fact that she is SEVENTY YEARS OLD...she doesn't NEED to sing anymore...

Interesting post Braddsn, considering the fact that in many interviews his bandmates stated they had no clue what was going on with Stapp. That they had no idea what he did with his time....claimed to be clueless about prednisone. Yeah.....right.

uh...two things:

First: which interview did MARK (or the other two BANDMATES in question) claim that he didn't KNOW about what was going on? I recall that Stapp might have said that Mark didn't "know" or "care" about Stapp's "condition", but in which interview did Mark say that?

Second: Prednisone...hmmm...so are you still under the impression that it was ONLY prednisone?

Ana4Stapp
01-03-2006, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=evyllsummer

Prednisone...hmmm...so are you still under the impression that it was ONLY prednisone?[/QUOTE]

Good question!! ;) I cant stand Stapp telling in all interviews that his problem was only prednisone ...:rolleyes:

Braddsn
01-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Prednisone was not his only problem. Prednisone led to other problems. When you suddenly stop prednisone without tapering, (ESPECIALLY after using it for much longer than one should), the withdrawals are very serious, and more often than not deadly. Many don't live to talk about it. But those who do, go through living hell. And usually depression>drugs>alchohol comes next. I believe that with the amount of money that was involved with Creed, the "rock doc" did anything he could to keep Stapp on stage. When I tell this story, alot of people respond with "well I would have refused the prednisone and just had the surgery". Well, that is easily said. Because none of us are FRONTING one of the fastest rides to the top in history. I cannot imagine the pressure. I am not saying Scott Stapp has been right in what he has done.. but in the same breath, I understand it.

Braddsn
01-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Oh and, put yourself in these shoes for just a second. Here is the scenario. You are the lead singer for the hottest rock band on the planet, and the future is getting better literally by the second. Basically, millions upon millions of fans are depending on you to perform almost nightly. Your bandmates are just as excited about it as you are, and they are also 100 percent dependent on you.(dependent meaning, if you can't sing, there is no performance).
Add the pressure of the record company contracts, producers, managers, etc etc. You miss a show, and hundreds of thousands of people are pissed off, and hundreds of thousands of dollars, lost.
You find out you have nodules on your vocal cords, and you can have surgery to fix it.
1. This will put you out of comission for a couple of months. Imagine what will have to be cancelled.
2. THERE IS A 1% CHANCE THAT YOU WILL NEVER SING AGAIN.
Now, I know the chance of Stapp never singing again was much higher than 1%. But suppose it was only 1%. Would you take even that chance?
Ok I rambled again somewhat. Sorry :)

Mrprophetman
01-03-2006, 09:29 PM
um...research, research, research...

per imdb.com

"Sadly, an operation on her vocal chords left her singing voice badly damaged in 1998, but she has not let even this stop her, giving a show-stopping appearance at the 1999 Tony Awards and appearing in the TV-movie One Special Night (1999) (TV)."

and, looking at the rest of her biography and lengthy body of work, I think that her not singing anymore had LESS to do with the surgery and MORE to do with the fact that she is SEVENTY YEARS OLD...she doesn't NEED to sing anymore...

uh...two things:

First: which interview did MARK (or the other two BANDMATES in question) claim that he didn't KNOW about what was going on? I recall that Stapp might have said that Mark didn't "know" or "care" about Stapp's "condition", but in which interview did Mark say that?

Second: Prednisone...hmmm...so are you still under the impression that it was ONLY prednisone?

But....can she still hit an F sharp above soprano high C? Who says a singer has to stop singing once they reach a certain age....pity she doesn't have that four octave voice anymore.

Here it is.........

The guitarist wasn't really much help in explaining what caused Stapp's uncharacteristic behavior that night, since their strong friendship, on which the band had been built, had deteriorated.

"We didn't really speak too much, so as for what he did on his personal time, we had no idea," Tremonti said. "We just knew that [over time] he would just slowly act a little more distant and do things that we didn't really approve of. So we really don't know what happened in Chicago, except that it was a low point in a long year."

Their very first interview with MTV. I really didn't like them as people after they did that interview.

I don't have an impression about anything....I'm sure that alcohol played a part in the equation. Alot of people drink when they are depressed. That is a side effect of use of the drug prednisone....depression. Being treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine probably didn't help either. He had Ozzy Osbourne on anti-psychotics. Now Ozzy is a weird guy, but I don't get the idea that he is psychotic. But hey, he kept Ozzy singing, so why not let him pump Stapp full of crap to keep him going too. Good thing Ozzy sued, or the guy would still be practicing medicine. I've had family members who had to take prednisone. What it does to a person's personality isn't pretty. And they weren't on it for months on end. Stapp is lucky he didn't die.

Ana4Stapp
01-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Oh and, put yourself in these shoes for just a second. Here is the scenario. You are the lead singer for the hottest rock band on the planet, and the future is getting better literally by the second. Basically, millions upon millions of fans are depending on you to perform almost nightly. Your bandmates are just as excited about it as you are, and they are also 100 percent dependent on you.(dependent meaning, if you can't sing, there is no performance).
Add the pressure of the record company contracts, producers, managers, etc etc. You miss a show, and hundreds of thousands of people are pissed off, and hundreds of thousands of dollars, lost.
You find out you have nodules on your vocal cords, and you can have surgery to fix it.
1. This will put you out of comission for a couple of months. Imagine what will have to be cancelled.
2. THERE IS A 1% CHANCE THAT YOU WILL NEVER SING AGAIN.
Now, I know the chance of Stapp never singing again was much higher than 1%. But suppose it was only 1%. Would you take even that chance?
Ok I rambled again somewhat. Sorry :)

I can easily understand what you re saying, it really makes sense...and I have to admitt that I used to think the same about Stapp's problem, ya know?
Right here on CreedFeed I had some arguments with certain members and I defended Scott from waht I thought was an absurd...but now, after know about his recent attitudes and also reading some interviews i think its so hard to believe that his 'problem ' was only prednisone... blaming the doc, the WU, or even his bandmates...maybe im wrong...but i honestly cant see myself defending Stapp in this case.

Of course , I still love his music and his voice.

Braddsn
01-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Ana, I know what you are saying. And, I must agree somewhat. For some reason, Stapp keeps acting like an ass in public. He MUST know what it is doing to his reputation. I am not arguing that he needs an attitude adjustment. I only wrote what I did because some people don't know whats behind him doing some of the things he has done, and only see the bad side. I think Stapp has a god given gift, to sing and entertain. I like his music and his style. But SADLY I think his time as a star is up. I bought his Great Divide CD, and I do like it. But it will not be played like my Creed cd's will. I am sure like everyone else, I think it would be awesome if they [creed] forgot about the past and started over. Who knows, we may get lucky someday.

evyllsummer
01-07-2006, 07:21 PM
But....can she still hit an F sharp above soprano high C? Who says a singer has to stop singing once they reach a certain age....pity she doesn't have that four octave voice anymore.

the point is: you put in big red bold letters "never sang again", and you were wrong...

considering the fact that in many interviews his bandmates stated they had no clue what was going on with Stapp. That they had no idea what he did with his time....claimed to be clueless about prednisone. Yeah.....right.

"We didn't really speak too much, so as for what he did on his personal time, we had no idea," Tremonti said. "We just knew that [over time] he would just slowly act a little more distant and do things that we didn't really approve of. So we really don't know what happened in Chicago, except that it was a low point in a long year."

good find, by the way...

I don't have an impression about anything....I'm sure that alcohol played a part in the equation. Alot of people drink when they are depressed. That is a side effect of use of the drug prednisone....depression. Being treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine probably didn't help either. He had Ozzy Osbourne on anti-psychotics. Now Ozzy is a weird guy, but I don't get the idea that he is psychotic. But hey, he kept Ozzy singing, so why not let him pump Stapp full of crap to keep him going too. Good thing Ozzy sued, or the guy would still be practicing medicine. I've had family members who had to take prednisone. What it does to a person's personality isn't pretty. And they weren't on it for months on end. Stapp is lucky he didn't die.

I guess I was being too subtle...I'll rephrase my question:

Do you believe that prednisone and alcohol are the ONLY drug influences causing his behavior?

Even assuming that there WERE no other drugs involved, am I to understand that it's MARK's fault that Stapp didn't do anything to help himself? Mark also made it pretty clear that Stapp had taken great steps to isolate himself from the rest of the band (which, if you read Stapp's first post-Creed interview with MTV, he even says that as well), so how is THAT Mark's fault? But, let's go somewhere else for a second...you said "yeah...right" (I'm assuming an exercise in sarcasm) when referring to Mark's supposed ignorance of Stapp's off-stage antics, meaning that you must think that Mark isn't telling the entire truth, and I think you're right about that. I think that Mark knew that Stapp was abusing drugs OTHER than "prednisone" and didn't want that to get out. So, would that have been Mark's fault as well? If so, what part of it? The drug abuse? Not putting him in rehab? (Or has he been in rehab before?)

Ana4Stapp
01-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Ana, I know what you are saying. And, I must agree somewhat. For some reason, Stapp keeps acting like an ass in public. He MUST know what it is doing to his reputation. I am not arguing that he needs an attitude adjustment. I only wrote what I did because some people don't know whats behind him doing some of the things he has done, and only see the bad side. I think Stapp has a god given gift, to sing and entertain. I like his music and his style. But SADLY I think his time as a star is up. I bought his Great Divide CD, and I do like it. But it will not be played like my Creed cd's will. I am sure like everyone else, I think it would be awesome if they [creed] forgot about the past and started over. Who knows, we may get lucky someday.

So you dont like Alter Bridge, right?:confused:

Braddsn
01-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I own One Day Remains, and I think Alter Bridge rocks. And I think the song "Down to my Last" needs more recognition!! I am impressed with the musicianship, and especially the vocals on the album. I give it a 10!
Also, if you want my opinion, regardless of what Stapp or Tremonti says, Creed will reunite someday. Mark my words. Alter Bridge is great, and the Stapp stuff is great too. But neither of them will come close to Creed. One day, I think they are going to be hungry for that again. :D