Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp hoping for a world tour [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp hoping for a world tour

RoffeDH
11-29-2005, 07:00 AM
In January he plans to begin a world tour. He hopes that by then "The Great Divide" will have connected with fans.

Read the hole pice at http://www.calendarlive.com/music/cl-et-stapp29nov29,0,3767516.story?coll=cl-home-more-channels

Tho hole is about stapp and creed and what he have for plans and so forth... Read it yourselfs!

I should mention that it's a realy good article, no bashing, just facts and stuff Stapp's said...

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2005, 07:08 AM
World Tour: 80% USA, 10% Canada and 10% 2 or 3 countries in Europe... bleh

Bridge of Clay
11-29-2005, 07:16 AM
pfffttttttt...

look at this:

"I just grabbed the whole band. They were down with my playing my songs, and I showed them my secret tunings and the things you can do with a guitar to create that Creed sound."

riiiiiiiight. When you hope the guy's changed...

Ana4Stapp
11-29-2005, 09:18 AM
World Tour: 80% USA, 10% Canada and 10% 2 or 3 countries in Europe... bleh

Unfortunately you ARE right... :(

rabidgopher04
11-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Secret tunings? What tunings are secret about the Creed sound? Drop D and Open D are not secrets.

titan9
11-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Secret tunings? What tunings are secret about the Creed sound? Drop D and Open D are not secrets.

LOL! That's exactly what I was about to say. :laugh: I find it supremely hard to believe that a guy who, as far as we've heard, cannot play open chords, knows how to play the Creed songs, which require a lot more than just open chords.

RoffeDH
11-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Check this out then! ;)

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10255585/page/2/

More bullshit from Stapp it seems...

But in 2002, arguments began to erupt over musical contributions and publishing credits. Creative differences followed.

“Jealousy started setting in,” Stapp says, “and egos.”

Band members wanted more say in the songs, but Stapp didn’t want to budge.

He started exhibiting strange behavior, holing himself up in the tour bus, emerging just in time to take the stage. At one Chicago show, Stapp was apparently so out of sorts, fans sued the band for their sub-par performance.

“I just felt hated so I wanted to go away,” he says.

Come on! they wanted more to say!... How come brian and Flip don't want it now?

facelessmike
11-30-2005, 07:57 AM
Check this out then! ;)

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10255585/page/2/

More bullshit from Stapp it seems...
Come on! they wanted more to say!... How come brian and Flip don't want it now?

A decent article...It's likely he was referring to just Mark wanting more say (which he probably should have had)...I doubt that Flip or Brett Hestla wanted to be more involved...It's funny how Stapp's "closing the door on Creed", yet he is making a point to call it his sound. :confused:

Bring on the 2006 Scott "creed" Stapp world tour! :jam:

titan9
11-30-2005, 09:06 AM
I hate that MSN interview, lol! It's way too biased in Stapp's favor. Being an equal fan, I'd love to see a fair interview with him, where there's no BS.

Chris98GT
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
"I don't know what to expect, I really don't," Stapp said in a hushed voice during a visit to Los Angeles to promote the solo CD that hit stores last week. "Do I pick up where I left off? Or do I have to start all over again, playing to five people in a room? Do I have to work my way back up?"
"Do I have to work my way back up?" Damn right you do. You shit all over your bandmates and your fans, especially your fans in Chicago. All you've proved so far is that you still have yet to change. At this point, it's looking like you never will.

Mark, Flip, Brian - Did you see them pondering stupid questions like this when Alter Bridge came out? Fuck no. They went out and played. They've been playing their asses off for the last year and a half across the world, showing everyone that their hearts and souls are still in the music. What are you doing? You're sitting on your ass hoping you can pick right up where you left off, touring arenas and selling millions of albums. Pathetic.

You flushed your voice, your image and worst of all, your popularity down the toilet three years ago. For your sake, I hope you invested those millions well, because you will never earn that kind of coin ever again.

The Leno peformance just proves that it's over. If you had come out revitalized, re-energized, singing better than ever, maybe you would have had a fighting chance. All I saw was a shell of a man who was desparately and, most of all, insincerely trying to be what he once was.

You were never great Scott, you just had millions fooled. You may still fool some, but never again will you fool the majority.

IamFilthy
11-30-2005, 11:09 PM
"Do I have to work my way back up?" Damn right you do. You shit all over your bandmates and your fans, especially your fans in Chicago. All you've proved so far is that you still have yet to change. At this point, it's looking like you never will.

Mark, Flip, Brian - Did you see them pondering stupid questions like this when Alter Bridge came out? Fuck no. They went out and played. They've been playing their asses off for the last year and a half across the world, showing everyone that their hearts and souls are still in the music. What are you doing? You're sitting on your ass hoping you can pick right up where you left off, touring arenas and selling millions of albums. Pathetic.

You flushed your voice, your image and worst of all, your popularity down the toilet three years ago. For your sake, I hope you invested those millions well, because you will never earn that kind of coin ever again.

The Leno peformance just proves that it's over. If you had come out revitalized, re-energized, singing better than ever, maybe you would have had a fighting chance. All I saw was a shell of a man who was desparately and, most of all, insincerely trying to be what he once was.

You were never great Scott, you just had millions fooled. You may still fool some, but never again will you fool the majority.

I'm sorry,...but what an idiot! You wouldn't know good music if it fell outta the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle. To watch the Leno performance and say that he has lost it?....Like I said before, as far as I'm concerned, Mark, Flip, and Brian turned their back on Creed. Scott was the heart and soul of Creed while Mark was the backbone.

Chris98GT
11-30-2005, 11:18 PM
December 29th, 2002 - Where were you?

I'll tell you where I was. I was witnessing, first hand, the downfall of Scott Stapp and Creed, front row center.

Maybe if you were there, you would have seen first-hand who really turned their back on who.

RoffeDH
12-01-2005, 05:39 AM
I must agree with Chris, he's flushed his voice down the toilet! Realy, ha has'nt evolved one bit for the better since Creed, he has become worse I would say...

tremonti4life04
12-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Secret tunings my ass. Stapp couldnt Tuna Fish. Who does he think he's fooling. ANY IDIOT can tune to drop d or d to d tuning. lol. This guy makes my day every time he says something as stupid as that.

ctfan
12-02-2005, 01:51 AM
I hate that MSN interview, lol! It's way too biased in Stapp's favor. Being an equal fan, I'd love to see a fair interview with him, where there's no BS.

I'd love to see a bs free interview by any artist, but I'm not sure any exists. lol. :)

The Lithium
12-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Mark, Flip, Brian - Did you see them pondering stupid questions like this when Alter Bridge came out? Fuck no. They went out and played. They've been playing their asses off for the last year and a half across the world, showing everyone that their hearts and souls are still in the music. What are you doing? You're sitting on your ass hoping you can pick right up where you left off, touring arenas
Agreed... Playing stadiums at once? Yeah right... Play stadiums ever again? Well, we'll see about that, I doubt it big time!

I'm sorry,...but what an idiot!
No, he just has another opinion, respect it!

as I'm concerned, Mark, Flip, and Brian turned their back on Creed. Scott was the heart and soul of Creed while Mark was the backbone.
What, are you crazy? They never turned their backs on Creed. All Mark has been saying about Creed is that he's very proud of his past and that they're NEVER going to reunite. That's all!

December 29th, 2002 - Where were you?

I'll tell you where I was. I was witnessing, first hand, the downfall of Scott Stapp and Creed, front row center.

Maybe if you were there, you would have seen first-hand who really turned their back on who.
Wow, you were there? That's so cool! Tell me everything, what happened, how was it, did he seem drunk, did Mark play that 15-minute long shredding solo I've heard of and was Stapp reeeally that bad? Did the go off the stage after 3 songs to throw up and could he sing the songs?

Chris98GT
12-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Wow, you were there? That's so cool! Tell me everything, what happened, how was it, did he seem drunk, did Mark play that 15-minute long shredding solo I've heard of and was Stapp reeeally that bad? Did the go off the stage after 3 songs to throw up and could he sing the songs?
Lights went out. Everything was normal. The introduction to Bullets came on. The guys came out, and you could see them take their places. They launch into Bullets, and within 2 minutes, I *knew* something was wrong with Scott. He just wasn't singing right. He was off-key a little, and his voice did not sound normal. It all went downhill from there.

After a few half-assed attempts at songs like What If, Freedom Fighter and Who's Got My Back, he couldn't even stand up anymore. He laid down on the ground and started mumbling the words to the song! Obviously it's hard to hear every word he's saying, but word has it that he even mumbled a name of a stripper who was giving him a lap dance the night before. He was calling out for her! LOL.

I think it was after a horrible, stumbling drunk rendition of Who's Got My Back that Scott just ran off stage. The band was totally dumbfounded. The audience was just sitting there like "WTF?" Mark got on his mic and said he was going to go see what's going on, and apologized.

Scott eventually came back out with a towel on his shoulders and no shirt on. He looked wet, like someone dunked him in a tub or something. He continued to be extremely animated, in a sloppy drunk way. He attempted to sing the rest of the set, but failed miserably. At any given moment, he would forget lyrics or just stop singing in general while the band continued to play. He was off-key all night long.

At one point, during the end of the show, he started getting violent with the mic stand. He dragged the micstand and a bunch of cords all the way to the far-right end of the stage and continued to scream/sing and pump his fists in the air.

Once they hit 90 minutes, including the drunken intermission, they ended the show. They wanted to play just long enough so they didn't have to give refunds.

The next morning on a local radio show, they said Scott was completely trashed off his ass from drinking Maker's Mark whiskey. Now, here's an interesting tidbit. I vividly remember Freak (a guy from the radio show) coming out and introducing Creed that night.... and what did Freak have in his hand? A bottle of Maker's Mark.

This is the best part -

They also said they had to put Scott in a BATHTUB filled with ICE to sober him up. Yes, ice. You read that correctly. I believe that happened when he ran off the stage, remember how I said he appeared wet? That would explain it.

titan9
12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Interesting. That's the first fan story of that night I've heard about the incident. Thanks for posting that, as it sheds some light on it.

facelessmike
12-03-2005, 02:39 AM
Yes, thanks! hmm...interesting. Now we have some details to add to the picture...I saw them just a couple weeks before that, and while Stapp put on an amazing and passionate show(i was in the pit area), it was clear from his body language and some comments he made that something were bothering him.

evyllsummer
12-03-2005, 02:44 AM
Lights went out. Everything was normal. The introduction to Bullets came on. The guys came out, and you could see them take their places. They launch into Bullets, and within 2 minutes, I *knew* something was wrong with Scott. He just wasn't singing right. He was off-key a little, and his voice did not sound normal. It all went downhill from there.

After a few half-assed attempts at songs like What If, Freedom Fighter and Who's Got My Back, he couldn't even stand up anymore. He laid down on the ground and started mumbling the words to the song! Obviously it's hard to hear every word he's saying, but word has it that he even mumbled a name of a stripper who was giving him a lap dance the night before. He was calling out for her! LOL.

I think it was after a horrible, stumbling drunk rendition of Who's Got My Back that Scott just ran off stage. The band was totally dumbfounded. The audience was just sitting there like "WTF?" Mark got on his mic and said he was going to go see what's going on, and apologized.

Scott eventually came back out with a towel on his shoulders and no shirt on. He looked wet, like someone dunked him in a tub or something. He continued to be extremely animated, in a sloppy drunk way. He attempted to sing the rest of the set, but failed miserably. At any given moment, he would forget lyrics or just stop singing in general while the band continued to play. He was off-key all night long.

At one point, during the end of the show, he started getting violent with the mic stand. He dragged the micstand and a bunch of cords all the way to the far-right end of the stage and continued to scream/sing and pump his fists in the air.

Once they hit 90 minutes, including the drunken intermission, they ended the show. They wanted to play just long enough so they didn't have to give refunds.

The next morning on a local radio show, they said Scott was completely trashed off his ass from drinking Maker's Mark whiskey. Now, here's an interesting tidbit. I vividly remember Freak (a guy from the radio show) coming out and introducing Creed that night.... and what did Freak have in his hand? A bottle of Maker's Mark.

This is the best part -

They also said they had to put Scott in a BATHTUB filled with ICE to sober him up. Yes, ice. You read that correctly. I believe that happened when he ran off the stage, remember how I said he appeared wet? That would explain it.

damn...that's quite a story, man...but, hey, it's historical, you should feel good about having been there...

The Lithium
12-03-2005, 05:54 AM
Wow Chris, that's quite a story! Since you were front row, center, I guess there's nothing left to do for us but believe you. I hope, for your sake, you saw Creed before that show. So you got a picture of how good they might be. I never saw Creed live, 'cause I live in Stockholm, Sweden, and they were never even close to Sweden at any time.

But thanks to my great parents, (I'm 17 december 30th), and the fact that my father travels quite a lot, I've got to see AB twice. Once in London and once in Paris, those were great shows! And they're all great guys!

GregS
12-03-2005, 10:41 AM

This is the best part -

Wee... Thnx for that man. Been waiting along time for a story from a fans point of view. Think yourself lucky for seeing that , must of been 1 hell of a night..

Chris98GT
12-03-2005, 12:45 PM
I hope, for your sake, you saw Creed before that show. So you got a picture of how good they might be.
Yes, definitely. I saw them many times before that, probably 5 or 6. Each show was amazing, that's why that last one was such a shock and disappointment.

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah, tell me about it... But hey... They're not with Stapp anymore, Brian is back and Myles, the voice of rock 'n roll, has joined them. While Stapp pulls off all of his crap and fights AB is rocking out and they're doing it for the love of the music! They're better off this way, and they're live shows are still AMMMAAAAZZIING!!!

RoffeDH
12-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Man Chris, thanks for that... Been woundering of what happened that night!
I never saw any AB show since I too live in sweden, just that I live on the west coast and Lith lives on the east... Any ways...
Yeah Lith! They're truly amazing and amazingly friendly! If I only could keep my head cold to be able to ask them questions next time I see them! ;)
Ever seen an AB show Chris?

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I never saw any AB show since I too live in sweden
Dude, you're takling crazy! You never saw CREED, you've seen AB two times, in London! And I have seen them once in London and once in Paris.

Chris98GT
12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Ever seen an AB show Chris?
Hell yeah! I think I've seen them 7 times now, met all of them once. At one show, I got Flip to throw me a stick up in the balcony. :smokin:

RoffeDH
12-05-2005, 06:18 AM
sorry, yeah... I ment Creed ;)

7 times! That's awsome dude! But hey, I've met them twice ;)

The Lithium
12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Hell yeah! I think I've seen them 7 times now, met all of them once. At one show, I got Flip to throw me a stick up in the balcony. :smokin:
Yeah, I've got a guitar pick from Myles and one from Mark, and a drumstick from Flip! I'm going for a pick from Brian next time I see them! :D I was so freaking close to catch one, dammit!

sina2b
12-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I've got a guitar pick from Myles and one from Mark, and a drumstick from Flip! I'm going for a pick from Brian next time I see them! :D I was so freaking close to catch one, dammit!

thats awesome man, i have a signed guitar from joe satriani and also james hetfield signed my brothers bike one day that i was riding it in San francisco.

The Lithium
12-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh, don't even get me started on signed stuff... I've got this from AB:

Signed Metal Edge plansh - by the band
Signed ticket from Paris - by the band
Signed ticket from London - by Flip
A signed AB card, Michael gave me in Paris - by the band
A signed Mark picture, from a magazine - by Mark
The Mayfield Four - Second Skin - by Myles
Creed - Human Clay - by Mark, Flip and Brian
Signed Open Your Eyes single - by the band
Signed One Day Remains album, on two places - by the band

PLUS I've got the lyrics for the Ozzy-cover: "Crazy Train". They played it in Paris, and Myles didn't know the lyrics, so the crew had to put a piece of paper with the words, on the stage, for Smyles. As soon as they had played it, I took the lyrics, since I figured they wouldn't need that anymore! :D And Michael gave me Myles set list, from the stage. (The one Myles used in Paris. I still have it, of course)!

I think that is about my Alter Bridge collection. PLUS about 3 magazines AB featured in, two shirts, some random bootlegs, and the 3 of the London bootlegs on DVD.

From Creed, I've got:
CreedINK shirt
All the CreedINK Magazines
Riding The Edge DVD
All the albums, (including The Greatest Hits)
Some random bootlegs, both in video in audio.

I can't think of anything else at the moment...

Ana4Stapp
12-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Oh, don't even get me started on signed stuff... I've got this from AB:

Signed Metal Edge plansh - by the band
Signed ticket from Paris - by the band
Signed ticket from London - by Flip
A signed AB card, Michael gave me in Paris - by the band
A signed Mark picture, from a magazine - by Mark
The Mayfield Four - Second Skin - by Myles
Creed - Human Clay - by Mark, Flip and Brian
Signed Open Your Eyes single - by the band
Signed One Day Remains album, on two places - by the band

PLUS I've got the lyrics for the Ozzy-cover: "Crazy Train". They played it in Paris, and Myles didn't know the lyrics, so the crew had to put a piece of paper with the words, on the stage, for Smyles. As soon as they had played it, I took the lyrics, since I figured they wouldn't need that anymore! :D And Michael gave me Myles set list, from the stage. (The one Myles used in Paris. I still have it, of course)!

I think that is about my Alter Bridge collection. PLUS about 3 magazines AB featured in, two shirts, some random bootlegs, and the 3 of the London bootlegs on DVD.

From Creed, I've got:
CreedINK shirt
All the CreedINK Magazines
Riding The Edge DVD
All the albums, (including The Greatest Hits)
Some random bootlegs, both in video in audio.

I can't think of anything else at the moment...

ENVY!!!! ENVY !!!!!! ENVY!!!!! :mad2: :banghead: :censored:

LOL!!!!!

Bridge of Clay
12-05-2005, 06:24 PM
woah! my Creed collection isn't as bright.

Chris98GT
12-06-2005, 05:09 AM
The day that Lars Ulrich handed me my 2nd Metallica drumstick, I was eternally satisfied with my concert memorabilia collection (not gonna bother listing it all). If I never got another pick or stick from any show for the rest of my life, I would be happy, all because of those 2 drumsticks.

I'll never stop trying though. :D

Chris98GT
12-06-2005, 05:12 AM
P.S. - One reason I'm so proud of my collection is that I got everything all on my own, I never made a cheesy sign saying "FLIP me a stick" or anything like that. :cool: