Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
girl dies from peanut allergy after kiss! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : girl dies from peanut allergy after kiss!

aussiecreeder
11-28-2005, 11:38 PM
:eek: :( :(
this is just terrible....imagine how bad the boyfriend must feel.....

SAGUENAY, Quebec (AP) -- A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital officials said Monday.

Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss the previous weekend.

Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of Adrenaline, a standard tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy, officials said.

An autopsy was being performed. Dr. Nina Verreault, an allergist at the Chicoutimi Hospital in Saguenay, declined to comment on the case.

The symptoms of peanut allergy can include hives, plunging blood pressure and swelling of the face and throat, which can block breathing.

Peanut allergies have been rising in recent decades. The reason remains unclear, but one study found that baby creams or lotions with peanut oil may cause children to develop allergies later in life.

About 1.5 million Americans are severely allergic to even the smallest trace of peanuts and peanut allergies account for 50 to 100 deaths in the United States each year. Canadian figures were not immediately available.

Ana4Stapp
11-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I knew that. It was terrible. She was so young. Imagine how bad her boyfriend is feeling now... :(

PS: Oh My God I used to have a lot of allergies (some of them disappeared some I learnt to live with) but ..I just LOVE peanuts!!!!!!!

RMadd
11-28-2005, 11:55 PM
holy crap, that would suck... i can't imagine what that fella feels like right now

Rocketqueen
11-29-2005, 12:07 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :roll: :roll: :roll: well my opion it all depends on this dude either it will scar him for kissing a chick for life, or he will asked his next girlfriend before he throws a wet one on the puckers

RMadd
11-29-2005, 12:12 AM
<~~ :hammerlol creedsis

Rocketqueen
11-29-2005, 12:58 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ^***)) i dont have any allgerys :) man some people are dorks :) ;)

JulieCitySlicker
11-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Wow Sis,way to liven up a tradgety ;)

That would be horrible :(

Mulletman
11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Am I the only one who is reminded of the P.E. teacher in Mean Girls? "Listen people, if you have sex, you're going to get chalydia and die! Now, everyone get a rubber."

aussiecreeder
11-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Am I the only one who is reminded of the P.E. teacher in Mean Girls? "Listen people, if you have sex, you're going to get chalydia and die! Now, everyone get a rubber."

LOL that is terrible taste considering a girl has just died but that made me LOL! :laugh:
who would have thought a movie with lindsay lohan in it would actually be quite good? fine piece of eye-candy she is if you ask me....lol

Mulletman
11-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Thats because its not a Lohan movie, its a Tina Fey movie starring Lohan.

facelessmike
11-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Now I know why there are stupid peanut warning labels on everything and those signs at Dairy Queen which warn you that they use peanuts. That poor dude will probably never buy another jar of peanut butter for the rest of life.

Dogstar
11-30-2005, 03:13 PM
We have a guy at work has that peanut allergy. He can't even touch anything made with peanuts.

aussiecreeder
11-30-2005, 04:08 PM
I know a guy who has a severe allergy to citrus juice particulary that from pineapple. Saw him accidentally get some at a restaurant and it was not a pretty site. Not been able to get pineapple.....missing out

facelessmike
11-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Boyfriend in fatal kiss unaware of girl's allergy

Associated Press
Nov. 30, 2005 02:45 PM

MONTREAL - Thinking she was having an asthma attack, Christina Desforges burst into a friend's room and woke him in a desperate search for medicine.

Friends called an ambulance as her breathing grew labored, but Desforges collapsed a moment after she stepped outside. She died four days later.

It quickly became clear the 15-year-old girl succumbed to a peanut allergy - not from nuts she ate, but a peanut-butter sandwich her boyfriend had consumed before kissing her that day.

A friend of the couple said in a television interview that Desforges' boyfriend and other companions had no idea she was allergic to peanuts. An allergist said Wednesday that the teenager's friends and relatives should have been warned about her condition.

"I felt guilty at first because if I had realized earlier she was (allergic), we could probably have saved her," he said in an interview with Canadian Broadcasting Corp. "However, we did as much as we could and I don't think there was more we could have done."

"There are several images stuck in my mind," St. Gelais said. "We went upstairs because she really was having more difficulty breathing. The minute we went outside, she collapsed."

Rocketqueen
12-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Wow Sis,way to liven up a tradgety ;)

That would be horrible :(
there is no need to make it worser than already is :)