Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Question about Brian Marshal [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Brian Marshal

RobertGene13
11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm curious about Brian Marshal and his stage presence. For some reason, whether it be some old concert performances I've seen or music videos I've watched, he seemed to be more charismatic. Everytime I've watched Alter Bridge perform, he just stands there with his long hair over his face and bumps his head up and down. I could've sworn that he used to be a lot more lively than that. Nonetheless, I'm still a big fan.

Robert

RobertGene13
11-28-2005, 03:26 PM
I guess I could have actually asked a question. Basically, I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this or maybe I'm off the mark.

Anna1011
11-28-2005, 05:46 PM
brian has his own way of rockin out but when hes really into it he totally goes for it

GregS
11-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Ye , once he begins , he doesnt stop :D

Unforgiven Fan
11-28-2005, 06:53 PM
well I think this can be because of the music that is created. Alter Bridge's music, bass wise is nothing to hop around and be very active. I saw him live two times when he was still in Creed and he was not that active for most of the MOP stuff and some of the Human Clay stuff that I can remember.

Ana4Stapp
11-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, even though I never see them live :( ( except by the videos) -I think now he (and also the others guys) seems to be very happy on AB, enjoying and giving his best to the band. ;)

RMadd
11-28-2005, 11:50 PM
yeah, I've definitely noticed that... it's almost like the spotlight is on Mark & Myles, and he doesn't want to interfere

rabidgopher04
11-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Maybe he's stoned.

Dogstar
11-29-2005, 01:35 AM
^^^ LOL...well, having been on his side for AB shows, he definitely kicks it up with the people on his side of the stage. I think he's just right.

evyllsummer
11-29-2005, 10:02 AM
well, after meeting Brian, you'll understand that he's generally pretty shy, soft-spoken, and not terribly outgoing until he loosens up and/or gets to know you, and that has a lot to do with how he behaves onstage...

Anna1011
11-29-2005, 10:07 AM
at the last nottingham show he kept looking over my way and giving my concerned looks which was sweet of him i was dyin down there lol

hes so layed back when it comes to chatting with fans and i love the way he always introduces himself

cyndeelouwho
11-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Well for one thing, Marshall is older now! Only kidding Bri! Marshall is a very a quiet guy in general. Don't forget, Mark, Flip and Myles were still on the stage while Bri was home in his studio. He's a southern boy and is will probably take this first year to iron out and get his feel for what the crowd wants. He is slow to heat up but once hottt! Look out!

cyndeelouwho
11-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh and anyone out there reading this thread. I would love to print out a mess of feed back and send it off to him. I will be seeing him for New Years so if you really want to get heard, feel free to post, I will print it and make him read it!lol He gets all embarrassed when I print stuff that was written but I think this topic of his stage presence is important. I will be in the dog house for putting him on the spot but I can take it! Give me your thoughts and where you seen him and tell me what you think.

SummerGirl
11-29-2005, 03:08 PM
I have seen and met Brian on 3 happy occasions. He is very polite and humble. He is just one sweet hellavu guy.

Pontiac, MI - Brian was rocking hard. He connected well with the crowd as observed through his smiles and eye contact. He made the effort to even look up and interact with the balcony seats. He smiled. He banged his head...hair was flying. He even started to play some Iron Maiden during the request section at the request of a group of 3 people. At the aftershow, he was very approachable and seemed genuinely interested that this was my first show.

Chattanooga, TN - Brian seemed a little quieter on stage. He still made eye contact with the crowd, smiling and signing the horns.

Louisville, KY - Similar to the TN show.

Brian holds his own on stage. You don't quite forget that he's there, but he isn't exhibiting Flea-esque antics either. The "show" simply isn't needed. He adds subtle texture to the songs and his stage presence adds subtle coolness to the performance. And that my friends is what we love him for. Brian is a very talented bass player. I only hope that we get to hear more of him on the next album.

cyndeelouwho
11-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh yeah,,,,,do you guys like Bri's hair Long or Short????

Anna1011
11-29-2005, 04:43 PM
i love brians long hair its just so wild :D

GregS
11-29-2005, 07:37 PM
He looks badass either way.. Thinks he needs a trim tho..

facelessmike
11-30-2005, 04:37 AM
The long hair does make him look badass!!!
After being a huge fan of Mark and Flip for so long, I had a chance to meet AB. I left being the most impressed with Brian. He just made me feel comfortable being among my favorite band. He was so humble and just really really nice!!!
He doesnt need to have alot of flair onstage; he still rocks!

tremonti4life04
12-01-2005, 02:47 AM
I'll never forget the first time i met him (Kerri was there). He stepped off the bus and the first thing he did was spit out a huge chew of Sidehack, then started talking to people. Then, during the concert, he dumped a bottle of water on Myles and blamed it on Mark. Then myles got him back by saying that all brian does all day is sit there with his coloring book and crayons (believe me when i say this, it pays to be the one with the microphone, i know from experience). Funny stuff, thats for sure. But, he was funny as shit, and actually, Flip seemed like the one who was stoned. He was like "well, its been fun hanging out with you guys, but i gotta go in there and beat on some shit" and those were his exiting words as he was going into the venue for the soundcheck. I was too stricken by disbelief to even realize if tremonti said anything to me, and myles was still getting his feet wet, and didnt really say much, but was one helll of a cool guy.

WhatsUrCreed
12-01-2005, 08:22 PM
He needs to not be so cheap and pop into Great Clips for a 10-dollar hair cut

Wylde-Tremonti
12-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Screw all the Anti-Long hair People!!!! lol...

HIS LONG HAIR ROCKS!!! The Long Hair Brotherhood Is Stayin Strong!

titan9
12-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Being a fellow long haired dude, I'll have to agree with Wylde. :D

GregS
12-02-2005, 08:52 AM
We've all seen myles & brian with long hair , i can imagine flip with it but what about mark ? Now that would look funky o.O and strange. :D

TeriB19
12-02-2005, 09:20 AM
I've only seen one pic of Mark with long hair, and I hope to never ever see it again!! Let's just say, short hair works much better for him.

facelessmike
12-02-2005, 09:36 AM

Im a recently converted member! :jam: :jam: :jam:

Yeah Ive seen that pic of Mark with long hair and lets just say its not his best look. lol

evyllsummer
12-02-2005, 02:00 PM

yeah...sometimes, I miss my long hair...keep it as long as you can, guys!!!!!

titan9
12-02-2005, 03:18 PM
I've only seen one pic of Mark with long hair, and I hope to never ever see it again!! Let's just say, short hair works much better for him.

Lol! I've never seen that pic. I guess I'll have to go google it for a good laugh. :laugh:

The Lithium
12-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I've seen AB live two times, and you notice Mark and Myles before Brian and Flip. Flip is actually a entertaining drummer to watch, but if you're front row, center, which I was both times, you notice the guys right in front of you before the guy in the back. But Brian really goes for it sometimes. His a really humble player live. Real friendly!

And on a light note - he is awesome to hang out with! Very, very friendly and calm. Awesome guy! He's so kind!

broken_wing
12-03-2005, 11:28 AM
I couldnt imagine Mark with long hair now lol, Brian is a really cool and polite guy, i think i prefer him with long hair though.

Wylde-Tremonti
12-03-2005, 04:59 PM
WELL THEN DON'T CLICK HERE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/Wylde-Tremonti/Band20pic20OLDSCH.jpg)

Unforgiven Fan
12-03-2005, 08:08 PM
you had to break the picture out...you just had to...ergg...I completly forgot about that pic until now...nice...

Creed7352
12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
you had to break the picture out...you just had to...ergg...I completly forgot about that pic until now...nice...

looks like flip has long hair in that picture too.

but when i saw brian with creed he seemed quiet and didn't really move around much...and he also came off as a badass that was very intimidating.

now with ab he's moved around a bit at some shows and not so much at others...depends on the crowd. and he still seems quiet and is. when i met him i said it was great to have him back and he said thanks and seemed very humble. he's a cool guy.

GregS
12-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Woah lol.. Ye.. defintly short hair for mark..

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 12:15 PM
I couldnt imagine Mark with long hair now lol, Brian is a really cool and polite guy, i think i prefer him with long hair though.
I've seen some pics of Mark with long hair, and well... Let's just say he looks better now! :D

Anna1011
12-04-2005, 12:26 PM
WELL THEN DON'T CLICK HERE (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/Wylde-Tremonti/Band20pic20OLDSCH.jpg)
OMG!!!! thats well scary

Ana4Stapp
12-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I've seen some pics of Mark with long hair, and well... Let's just say he looks better now! :D

much...much better now...lol

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 02:10 PM
OMG!!!! thats well scary
Yes, and Brians hair was BLONDE!!!!!

GregS
12-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Ye.. which is also creepy. Bad hair day for mark & brian :P

The Lithium
12-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Flip ain't that hot on that pic either!

evyllsummer
12-13-2005, 10:46 PM
yeah, Mark and Flip need the short hair, but Brian needs to stay METAL!!!!

Oh, yeah, Myles, too...

Vliegs
12-13-2005, 10:48 PM
i love brians long hair its just so wild :D.

That is very true Anna. But I remember the way he had it back in MOP days. Was very spiky and looked fantastic. Kinda wish he'd go back to that but I like the man in a ponytail too :D

Polish_sausage
12-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah,,,,,do you guys like Bri's hair Long or Short????

long ones

RoffeDH
12-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Wylde! Were did you find that picture? Do you have a better of the guys in the old days? Would have loved to see those!

No, Don't think Mark should go back to the spiky... He looks grerat with the short hair... Brian should keep the hair... Defenatly keep it! He looks more friendly with it to... Any one ells noticed?

Wylde-Tremonti
12-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Wylde! Were did you find that picture? Do you have a better of the guys in the old days? Would have loved to see those!

No, Don't think Mark should go back to the spiky... He looks grerat with the short hair... Brian should keep the hair... Defenatly keep it! He looks more friendly with it to... Any one ells noticed?
It's over at creedpit's picture gallery

RoffeDH
12-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Where did they find it? :P

Wylde-Tremonti
12-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Hahahaha How should i know? Go ask them! lol

RoffeDH
12-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah... I ought to ask Mark about it! ;)

RoffeDH
12-17-2005, 02:50 PM
not where they got the pictures but why he cut it ;) and what he thinks of it... :P