Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
[Discuss] Stapp on Leno [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : [Discuss] Stapp on Leno

Steve
11-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Well, gotta give Stapp credit.... he sounded very good tonight on Leno. :)

evyllsummer
11-24-2005, 12:51 AM
well, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to agree with you, Steve...I posted this over at, um, the OTHER place...

well, I'll get the negative out of the way, since most people are expecting that from me...LOL...

he had a LITTLE trouble with the higher parts of the chorus when he says, "to live my life", but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that he was a little nervous...

and, well, that's all I have to say that's negative...I thought, for Stapp, that was a good live performance...I don't think that he has the voice to do a song like "What If" very well anymore, but, if he sticks to the easy Creed songs and his solo album songs, and ALSO works these next few months to strengthen his voice, I think that the Stapp fans might be in store for a pretty good tour...and the part when he used his foot to kick up the microphone stand into his hand, I thought that was pretty cool...I actually feel glad for him...Leno is NOT where you want to suck, and Stapp put his best foot forward...he should feel proud of himself...he did a good live performance of one of the stronger tracks (and probably my fave) on his cd...

creedlvr
11-24-2005, 12:51 AM
He sounded GREAT! He looked GREAT! .... Scott is back!

Steve
11-24-2005, 12:55 AM
You could still see his facial expressions as he forced those higher, drawn out notes. Just hoping that doesn't take it's toll as he tours.

johellion
11-24-2005, 01:35 AM
I saw it... To me it sounded like Creed ... He was much more responsive( acted like they had something to do with it!!) with the band members....He was not like that with his so called brothers.( and this is early on )..all I can say... if anything...he (seems)to have matured and is gonna be more supportive of this band!!! Of course.. this is early in the game...Knowing Scott...time will tell...

As far as the music...Creedish again...He put on a good show( voice somewhat strained)...like I said (showed...to be supportive of the band...like close friends)...Band was good....but ..then again the sound was Creed!!! Scott needs to get his own sound, and make a change..mo

tremonti4life04
11-24-2005, 01:35 AM
I personally thought that he did horribly. Now, im not "Bashing" im just saying that he wasnt up to par and that he needs to hook up with a vocal trainer, or a cough drop. He cant sing like he "yousta could". He was way too animated on stage with his dancing around, and he wasnt even acting like himself. And, AND, my guess was correct, the lead guitarist uses a PRS! The backing band had no stage presence, which was probably caused by the fact that they thought they were gonna be silouhetted out anyway. But boy was the light man off...you could actually see the other members of the band. I guess stapp was probably pretty pissed off about that. On a scale of 1-10, performace....3....vocals....2. Not impressed or suddenly thrown into the urge to buy all of his tickets for his upcoming tour.

I'll admit it too, just so you know im not bashing. There have been nights where i thought Myles was extremely off. But, those were few and far between. Stapp hasnt had one good vocal session since the Human Clay tour.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-24-2005, 03:40 AM
his voice sounded very good and the cd is awesome I like the more husky voice he seems to have now! good job!

Chase
11-24-2005, 03:52 AM
You know, I thought he didn't perform as well as he is capable of. And I thought he knew it too. At one time he had a little trouble spitting out a verse. He seemed a bit rusty... but then again it's been a while since he's performed with an entire band with an upbeat song. Televised performances never do the artists justice... I've been to some and then watched them on TV, only to be shocked at how poor the televised quality is. He was a little off... but gave it his all. I would expect a live concert to be a thousands times better.

And actually... I saw Creed twice. Once during the Human Clay Tour... and once during the Weathered Tour. In all honesty, Stapp was just as good (possibly better) during the second time as he was the first time.

eusebioCBR
11-24-2005, 04:03 AM
:stappchic - That pretty much says it for me. There was a whole lot of flexing(biceps) and was there anything on the stage he didn't throw his leg on for a pose? :laugh:

sina2b
11-24-2005, 04:13 AM
yea i wish he would ease down the poses to some extend, but overall he was good.

eusebioCBR
11-24-2005, 04:19 AM
yea i wish he would ease down the poses to some extend, but overall he was good.
I like the song, just too dramatic! :thumbsup:

adparaiki
11-24-2005, 09:10 AM
any1 got a video of it please.
I live in the uk so couldn't watch it

Rocketqueen
11-24-2005, 09:21 AM
:stappchic - That pretty much says it for me. There was a whole lot of flexing(biceps) and was there anything on the stage he didn't throw his leg on for a pose? :laugh:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA know i did,nt see it that way at all the damn stage was to small and there a lot of bottled up engery kick ass peformance i really got into all the throwing :) :jam: :jam: :jam:

SummerGirl
11-24-2005, 09:55 AM
great performance...starting off strong...good for him...

titan9
11-24-2005, 10:03 AM
I thought he sounded quite good last night. What I was most impressed with, though, was the energy he showed on stage. Some may get irritated with all of his "Jesus Christ" poses, but it doesn't bother me at all. The charisma and energy he showcased last night were vintage Stapp. If he is that energetic during the tour, I have a feeling we will be in for a good one. My only concern is that it appeared that he did force some of those notes, though not many. However, it did not look as forced as his MLB.com performances, which is good. Hopefully that is a sign that he is learning how to not force the notes.

Anyway, to sum it up, he looked good, sounded good and performed good last night, though I know he is capable of an even better performance. I look forward to seeing him next Tuesday on Live with Regis and Kelly.

Rocketqueen
11-24-2005, 10:03 AM
yea thats what i said, that stage was just to small as i was watching it put me in a strain so help me

TeriB19
11-24-2005, 11:59 AM
I thought his presence was good and he looks like he's been working out. He looked very good. He definitely strained to hit some of the higher notes and the first thing I thought of when he sang the higher parts in a lower key was, how is this guy going to manage to tour and sing like that night after night and NOT do anymore damage to his voice? It was good to see him back though.

metalanus
11-24-2005, 12:05 PM
I thought his hand motions were cheesy but I liked how he jumped on the speakers , kicked the mic stand up , moved around and interacted with the guitarist. I did not see a solo artist I saw a band . I think the song on the album sounds poprockish but last night it seemed more rock I guess because I was seeing the full group tearing it up. I hope Scott comes to Pensacola on tour.

Dogstar
11-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I missed it because I went out after work and forgot to set up the VCR...grrrr. I hope it shows up somewhere. I'm just worried about all this straining to hit the higher notes. He needs to stay where he's comfortable.

titan9
11-24-2005, 03:12 PM
PBF has it. I'm not sure if they've put it up on their media section yet, but they definitely have a link to it on their forums.

sina2b
11-24-2005, 04:04 PM
PBF has it. I'm not sure if they've put it up on their media section yet, but they definitely have a link to it on their forums.

pbf blocked me cause i told them ur a bunch of drama queen freaks and i rather go watch dr. phill than listen to your crap. i wonder why!! lol

RobertGene13
11-24-2005, 05:09 PM
He sounded pretty good. He seemed kind of "wild" for TGD, any of his harder songs would have afforded him to jump around more, but to me, TGD doesn't do it. The band needs to interact with him more. If he wants to dry hump the guitarist, then the guitarist needs to dry hump him back, like Tremonti did. I'm still finding it hard to "feel" the band, although the music they produced came out great. As of now, Stapp is making up for the bands lack of stage presence with his own. It seems like those guys just stare down at their instruments and play, although I did notice the bass player (I think) kind of head bang a little.

Robert

titan9
11-24-2005, 05:26 PM
pbf blocked me cause i told them ur a bunch of drama queen freaks and i rather go watch dr. phill than listen to your crap. i wonder why!! lol

The number one rule for joining any fan site: never bash its members or the artist the fan site is for.

sina2b
11-24-2005, 05:47 PM
The number one rule for joining any fan site: never bash its members or the artist the fan site is for.

i didnt bash they think hes god. and theyre all women. Im sure no straight guy would be comfortable on their boards.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-24-2005, 06:59 PM
well you are wrong on two counts here.

Dogstar
11-24-2005, 07:14 PM
I can't get in over there, but thanks. I'm sure it will pop up somewhere else.

titan9
11-24-2005, 07:48 PM
I think I might be able to upload it using yousendit.com, as I downloaded it over there. It's only around 10 megs(WMV format). I can then give you the link. I'll see about doing that when I get home.

titan9
11-24-2005, 07:51 PM
i didnt bash they think hes god. and theyre all women. Im sure no straight guy would be comfortable on their boards.

That's their choice. It might be viewed as unhealthy by you and others, but that's their right, their choice. Not saying I disagree with that view, but just saying that I don't think they deserve all the bashing they get. I don't post over there, but I do read the forums. They all seem to be nice, mature people who just happen to think Stapp is awesome. Nothing wrong with that, as there are millions of fan sites dedicated to tons of famous people that are just like PBF.

As for straight guys feeling comfortable on their boards...well, as far as I know, Marcos is straight and he is a member of PBF who posts. I don't know if he feels comfortable there, though. I guess he'd have to tell you that. There's other male members there who post. Nothing wrong with being a fan of Stapp and wanting to go to a forum that is always positive about him.

Dogstar
11-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I think I might be able to upload it using yousendit.com, as I downloaded it over there. It's only around 10 megs(WMV format). I can then give you the link. I'll see about doing that when I get home.
Awesome, titan9, thanks a bunch!

Bridge of Clay
11-24-2005, 08:47 PM
exactly, you don't have to post at every single thread you know?

I avoid the pictures, clothes, etc threads coz I have no interest at all... but it doesn't make more or less of a fan. And what would you expect? They're women.

Go to a LOST board and you'll see the same drooling over Charlie and Sawyer. And the guys doing the same for Kate. And on submersed BB... and on Alter Bridge bb.

titan9
11-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Here's a link to a MPEG of the Leno performance, originally posted on PBF: http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3KW7JHEPQL6IL3J3CS0GMJSHEX

metalanus
11-24-2005, 09:39 PM
and the drummer had a mohawk which was slightly weird seeing behind stapp

Chris98GT
11-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Wow, he has really gone downhill.

Those poses... the inability to sing like he used to... it's laughable. He gives himself way too much credit and thinks he's the bomb. Guess what, Scott? It's not 1999 anymore! Your act is old & tired. Time to hang it up and save the little bit of face you have left.

Creed7352
11-25-2005, 12:25 AM
i suggest the pit for the download of the performance...way better quality of that at pbf...great job to katygal on her rip!!!

facelessmike
11-25-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the link...im too lazy to go over to PBF.
I'd have to say the performance was exactly what I expected to see from Scott. And, overall, I thought it was good.
Two things: drummer needs to lose the red mohawk; I laughed out loud when scott picked up the mike stand with his foot.

Chase
11-25-2005, 12:38 AM

Those poses... the inability to sing like he used to... it's laughable. He gives himself way too much credit and thinks he's the bomb. Guess what, Scott? It's not 1999 anymore! Your act is old & tired. Time to hang it up and save the little bit of face you have left.

Yeah dude, you're right. It isn't 1999 anymore... so, why the hell would you say, perhaps, one of the most annoying phrases of that year. "The bomb?!" What's next? You're going to say something like "Girl power!" or some other ridiculous phrase from the Spice Girls or any other long since forgotten acts of the late 90s.

Chris98GT
11-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Yeah dude, you're right. It isn't 1999 anymore... so, why the hell would you say, perhaps, one of the most annoying phrases of that year. "The bomb?!" What's next? You're going to say something like "Girl power!" or some other ridiculous phrase from the Spice Girls or any other long since forgotten acts of the late 90s.
Stapp is lame. That phrase is lame.

See a connection yet?

Dogstar
11-25-2005, 01:16 AM
Hmmm, Ok, I've seen it...It was OK. I don't like that song, though :D...Maybe it's because it was on TV, but his voice didn't sound smooth to me. He had such a velvety voice before. I fear for the tour.

Rocketqueen
11-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Hmmm, Ok, I've seen it...It was OK. I don't like that song, though :D...Maybe it's because it was on TV, but his voice didn't sound smooth to me. He had such a velvety voice before. I fear for the tour.
:D im sure Doggy He will Kick Ass On Tour it was just the atmosphere you need a certian engery that Leno does not provide for such A great peformer it was awsome for a warm up performance :jam: :jam: :jam:

sina2b
11-25-2005, 02:32 AM
:D im sure Doggy He will Kick Ass On Tour it was just the atmosphere you need a certian engery that Leno does not provide for such A great peformer it was awsome for a warm up performance :jam: :jam: :jam:

exactly, thats why the poses are so fake and funny. If it was a concert and everyone on extacy (not literally, oh well) yea the poses would seem natural but on leno it just doesnt work.

sina2b
11-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Oh and Im not sure why i dont dig the begining of TGD, i like the song overall but the begining is too country-ish. anyone else?

Dogstar
11-25-2005, 03:16 AM
I hope you're right, rocketqueen.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-25-2005, 03:27 AM

Those poses... the inability to sing like he used to... it's laughable. He gives himself way too much credit and thinks he's the bomb. Guess what, Scott? It's not 1999 anymore! Your act is old & tired. Time to hang it up and save the little bit of face you have left. I bet you have the cd and haven't stopped listening since you bought it.

Chris98GT
11-25-2005, 09:44 AM
I bet you have the cd and haven't stopped listening since you bought it.
I never bought the album.

titan9
11-25-2005, 10:09 AM
A question for Chris98GT: if you're going to bash Stapp in every one of your posts, what is the point of you posting here?!? It'd be like me going to an Ashlee Simpson forum and posting my disdain for her. It's pointless and ridiculously stupid.

The Lithium
11-25-2005, 10:13 AM
I bet you have the cd and haven't stopped listening since you bought it.
Bet he doesn't! :D Although his behaviour is childish.

titan9
11-25-2005, 10:15 AM
It is childish and ridiculous. Makes me wish Uncertain were here, posting his messages about why he dislikes Stapp. :laugh:

Chris98GT
11-25-2005, 10:18 AM
A question for Chris98GT: if you're going to bash Stapp in every one of your posts, what is the point of you posting here?!?
Last I checked, there was more than just a Stapp forum on this site.

I heard the album and I'm commenting on it. My opinion differs from yours. I'm not being a prick about anything. Get over it.

titan9
11-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah, there is more to this site than just this forum, and the Alter Bridge forum is right over there. You'd probably feel at home there, considering you're a big fan of AB(as am I). You don't have to come in here and bash Stapp. It won't fly well here, especially when you create pointless threads doing so. To me, that's being a prick.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-25-2005, 01:40 PM
titan is right on the money!

stapp still rocks~

eusebioCBR
11-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh and Im not sure why i dont dig the begining of TGD, i like the song overall but the begining is too country-ish. anyone else?
I kinda like it, sounds Irish folk and it gives the song a unique sound :)

stappissohot
11-25-2005, 04:00 PM
I thought he did quite well, he smiled quite a bit though :D which I had no problem with it wsa just new to see him smile so much, and he performed very well, like he was performing to a crowd of 100,000+ even though he was peforming to around 100....so it was quite amazing I was shocked at how well he did, scott stapp is truly back and bette than ever
:stappissohot:

HuMaN~ClAy
11-25-2005, 09:01 PM
been a while since i posted here... but i just watched the vid from him on Leno...

Edited*

hhmmm... first i had lots of negative stuff here... but after listening to it again i liked it more..

it wasn't great... average performance.

to me i didn't like it at first because Gone Blind really sucked... they basically masked the good singing of Stapp... i thought it all sounded bad at first but it was just Gone Blind..

didn't like all his show and dance... it wasn't appropriate for Leno.

i'm done, i've seriously edited this thing like 5 different times lol.

creedlvr
11-25-2005, 10:01 PM
I loved it! His voice did seem a bit shakey in the chorus a couple of times, though. As for the dramatics ... I guess I could see how people would not find them appropriate for Leno ... but he couldn't very well get up there and have no enthusiasm. To me, it seemed that he made the performance to the smaller crowd the same as if he was to a larger one. Really, it is a larger one since it is on TV. Plus, I think he was probably a bit nervous with it being his first performance and all.

But I really think he sounded great, looked FANTASTIC and did a great job! And ... I love the song! It does sound "Creedish" ... but I don't think the rest of the songs do.

Ana4Stapp
11-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Finnaly I downloaded this (unbelievable how realplayer sucks on my computer... :mad: ) --and I liked it, I mean is always good to see Stapp singing, specially after a log time...
well, as for his performance on Leno I have to say that:1)even though it was quite theatrical (definitely over even for Stapp) , 2) considering he choosed singing "The Great Divide" ( :eek: ) , 3) admmiting his voice sometimes just 'disappeared' ...

I liked. ;)

The Lithium
11-26-2005, 09:11 AM
This video gave me the "Creed-chills"! :D So good to see him back on his feets again!

Although, I think, that when Creed preformed on a show like this they played one of their songs as a band. Now it was more like Scott singing, and some band backing him up. I hope they will get more "bandish" with each other out on the road!

INDIGOSTEVE
11-26-2005, 09:39 AM
I think it will be a great show in a small hall I hope!

The Lithium
11-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah, no big stadiums.

RMadd
11-26-2005, 06:31 PM
i thought it was pretty good. a tad flat at the beginning, and the apparent inability to hit the high notes in the chorus were the only problems i noticed. the one thing that really bothered me, tho, was the way that the guitars seemed to ring a bit longer than usual. must've been the acoustics of the performance stage or whatever, but that's really what bothered me most.

Bridge of Clay
11-26-2005, 10:24 PM
I don't want to sound gay, but Stapp looked really nice!

He forgot a few words, but I assume he was a bit nervous. And he had to sing some parts an octave lower when comparing to the album. Those were the flaws.

As for the good moments, I liked his trick with the mic stand, interacted with the whole band and still showed his awesome stage performance. The guy is a master of the stage presence art.

He'll be very successful. Most people don't care if he can sing like the album live, they'll go to have fun and listen the catchy songs they hear on radio. Stapp delivers it.

RMadd
11-26-2005, 10:44 PM
As for the good moments, I liked his trick with the mic stand, interacted with the whole band and still showed his awesome stage performance. The guy is a master of the stage presence art.
I'll agree with you there, but qualify that by saying that his hand motions (the grabbing, pounding, wiping, etc) did get a bit old after seeing them a few times...

Trimontana
11-27-2005, 09:51 AM

I loved your comment. I think pretty much the same

Muad'Dib
11-27-2005, 10:28 AM
He forgot a few words, but I assume he was a bit nervous. And he had to sing some parts an octave lower when comparing to the album. Those were the flaws.

He'll be very successful. Most people don't care if he can sing like the album live, they'll go to have fun and listen the catchy songs they hear on radio. Stapp delivers it.

Agree with probably all of this, was great to see him perform again. Some of it was over the top but was enjoyable performance. He looked happy too which is always a good thing. Hopefully his voice holds up like that throughout the tour.

rabidgopher04
11-28-2005, 11:54 AM
I saw it... To me it sounded like Creed ... He was much more responsive( acted like they had something to do with it!!) with the band members....He was not like that with his so called brothers.( and this is early on )..all I can say... if anything...he (seems)to have matured and is gonna be more supportive of this band!!! Of course.. this is early in the game...Knowing Scott...time will tell...

As far as the music...Creedish again...He put on a good show( voice somewhat strained)...like I said (showed...to be supportive of the band...like close friends)...Band was good....but ..then again the sound was Creed!!! Scott needs to get his own sound, and make a change..mo
Stapp was always supportive of his bandmates. Didn't you see the video where he is practically humping Tremonti's leg on their first concert for Weathered on vh1?

Chris98GT
11-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I loved your comment. I think pretty much the same
:thumbsup:

Oh BTW, thanks for putting the Papa Roach DVD in your signature. I was at the show they taped!!! I can't wait to get that DVD, I totally forgot about it. I hope I'm on it. They taped me a few times. :jam:

Chase
11-28-2005, 01:00 PM
:thumbsup:

Oh BTW, thanks for putting the Papa Roach DVD in your signature. I was at the show they taped!!! I can't wait to get that DVD, I totally forgot about it. I hope I'm on it. They taped me a few times. :jam:

I just find it funny that it's Papa Roach fans that are the adamant Stapp bashers. I mean... c'mon now... you guys want to talk about cheesy music?

Chris98GT
11-28-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm a diehard Metallica fan. Alter Bridge is probably #2. Papa Roach isn't even in my top 10. Nice try though.

That "Scars" song does make me want to throw up though. Sorry Trimontana. ;)

Trimontana
11-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I just find it funny that it's Papa Roach fans that are the adamant Stapp bashers. I mean... c'mon now... you guys want to talk about cheesy music?

You are talking here without even known about Papa Roach past music style, without listened to their old records. I think is really funny how some people open the mouth and trying to give the impression they are a music experts classifiying music saying "cheesy" and die trying it.

Trimontana
11-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm a diehard Metallica fan. Alter Bridge is probably #2. Papa Roach isn't even in my top 10. Nice try though.

That "Scars" song does make me want to throw up though. Sorry Trimontana. ;)

No problem Chris.... Papa Roach is my fav band next to Alter Bridge.

Lets not steal the thread to Stappy :rolleyes:

titan9
11-28-2005, 05:21 PM
I think Chase's problem is that two very negative Stapp critics are posting in the Stapp forum. His response was to fire back by making fun of their musical preferences. I agree that very negative Stapp critics would probably be best served ceasing to post in here, but I'm not sure I would have made a joke out of the band(s) they like.

Anyway, getting this thing back on topic, I really like Stapp's performance. The energy he showed was great. I can't wait to see him on Live with Regis and Kelly tomorrow.

Trimontana
11-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey titan, i dont hate Stapp but i cant lie about what i think. I cant say i loved it when i didnt but i would never posted something about a band i dont a clue about.

titan9
11-28-2005, 08:45 PM
I think Chase does know a decent bit about PR, but he interprets them as being cheesy. Fair enough; I interpret bands like the Darkness as being cheesy. And I'm sure there are bands you think suck. It's all open to interpretation.

And, while I enjoy constructive criticism, no one can deny that there has been some flat out Stapp bashing that crosses the line between constructive criticism and down-right bashing. Maybe you're not doing that(I don't think you are), but there are others(and I won't name names) who are. And that irritates those of us who don't like bashing in this forum.

facelessmike
11-28-2005, 09:05 PM
The Darkness is the cheesiest band ever!!!...whoops, now back to Stapp... ;)

Ana4Stapp
11-28-2005, 09:22 PM
I think Chase does know a decent bit about PR, but he interprets them as being cheesy. Fair enough; I interpret bands like the Darkness as being cheesy. And I'm sure there are bands you think suck. It's all open to interpretation.

And, while I enjoy constructive criticism, no one can deny that there has been some flat out Stapp bashing that crosses the line between constructive criticism and down-right bashing. Maybe you're not doing that(I don't think you are), but there are others(and I won't name names) who are. And that irritates those of us who don't like bashing in this forum.

Actually there are people here who has nothing real to say, but who thinks bashing Stapp is "cool". And yes, Titan we dont need name names, cuz everyone here knows who they are... :rolleyes:

Also, constructive criticism is always welcome, cuz I'm this case when I say I dislike RL or TGD...

titan9
11-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Exactly. You've stated that you dislike RL and TGD, you've said it in a respectful manner(and have offered some constructive criticism) and I accept that you don't like those songs. Like I've said before, I love constructive criticism. It's just the flatout bashing that gets to me. ;)

Ana4Stapp
11-28-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes, yes Titan. :D

Cuz even though I hate RL and TGD with all of my heart--lol :D I really admire Stapp and I wish his career can be successful. ;)

Chase
11-30-2005, 05:31 PM
You are talking here without even known about Papa Roach past music style, without listened to their old records. I think is really funny how some people open the mouth and trying to give the impression they are a music experts classifiying music saying "cheesy" and die trying it.

I'm from California... and have been to their hometown of Vacaville many times. I've watched that band from infancy. I have known people who knew this band back when they were playing local gigs. They jump on every music bandwagon they can to make bland derivative songs in order to rake in a couple bucks. Remember back in 2000 when the guys were all about the Limp Bizkit trend of pansy rap-rock? Back when Shaddix was trying to speak ebonics to look tough? They're now releasing songs like "Scars" to appeal to the the little emo girls. They've also ripped off the images of bands like Avenged Sevenfold and Atreyu. I'm not saying Papa Roach is terrible... they do have their good moments. But they also have their terrible whiny nu-metal moments. You want good bands from Northern California... take Strata.

Chris98GT
11-30-2005, 06:58 PM
I somewhat agree with you Chase. When I heard Scars, I couldn't believe my ears. Total, utter crap.

But in their defense, the rest of the album doesn't sound like that. "Tyranny of Normality" is an awesome song. The rest of the Getting Away with Murder CD is pretty decent. Infest was still their best though. Lovehatetradgedy, well, just kinda sucked.

Chase
12-01-2005, 04:42 AM
I somewhat agree with you Chase. When I heard Scars, I couldn't believe my ears. Total, utter crap.

But in their defense, the rest of the album doesn't sound like that. "Tyranny of Normality" is an awesome song. The rest of the Getting Away with Murder CD is pretty decent. Infest was still their best though. Lovehatetradgedy, well, just kinda sucked.

I agree completely... "Tyranny of Normality" is a good song. They're much better when they're not trying to appeal to more people. Shaddix has also had a hand in helping other lesser known bands... like Die Trying (who actually had to change their name recently due to legal issues). I'm only criticizing them holding themselves back.