++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2005, 01:52 AM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Good call CTfan....I'd say if one day remains were sung by stapp it would have been a huge hit.

That's some funny shit. I'm sorry, but there is no way on earth that Stapp could hit the notes in AB's songs, especially in a song like Find the Real. He also doesn't have the power Myles has, either. As someone else said, you can prefer one over the other (frankly, I enjoy both), but technically speaking, Myles is head and shoulders above Stapp.


Quote: I also think that Uncertain has got some balls insinuating that anyone with a opinion different than his shows ignorance of rock knowlege.I am a huge fan of rock, I love all rock music and in reading a lot of uncertains former posts I laugh, especially one about the Doors not being one of the alltime best Bands. The doors were awesome in their day, I guess he forgot about robby kreger Or morrison. I have followed rock from the time i was six until now, Yeah there are a lot of bands that come and go but Creed set the bar for other artists with their fan drawing concerts, great songs and huge allegance of fans worldwide. For him to say that some fly by night replacement , kennedy is better, buddy you obviously are ignorant when it comes to rock...achoo, I think I must be damn allergic to something...Total ignorance..lol
There were plenty of bands that set the bar for drawing fans way before Creed, the Grateful Dead for one, Pearl Jam for another, Metallica, the list goes on. Metallica is still selling out stadiums. Creed's shows, by the end of the Weathered tour, were drawing half to three-quarter full arenas.
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 03:03 AM   #32
Tremontixriffs
Tremontixriffs's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 88
Joined: Jul 2005
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Are you really that dumb?



Apparently so. Funny thing is, the FACT is on my side that Myles is a better singer with a better voice than Stapp. THAT IS NOT AN OPINION. It is simply true. Now you can LIKE one voice mroe than the other but the FACT is that Myles has more range, hits notes Stapp could never have even dreampt of, and is far more consistent.

Are you in love with Stapp or something? Do you not realize that the MAJORITY of people can't stand him? Why on Earth do you think he is good?

I like to know what"fact"your basing that on when there is none, you say kennedy, some say stapp. The guy is awesome , no I dont "love" the guy but I realize his accomplishments, and what shall I say kennedy has accomplished?The Mayfield Four were a joke and never became more than a bar band with a big record deal...Yeah I know not enought publicity right? no its called not enough talent. Kennedy is nothing more than a wannabe rock star , while Stapp was the real deal...period..Hey Jim Morrison wasn't able to shriek like kennedy or hit every high note, but people recognized him as a great frontman, with one of the best bands ever the doors were awesome. Your opinion is what is is just as mine is, you say noone can really stand stapp, funny, everyone I talk to seemed to like stapp but the media made him out to be a hated ego maniac, we can also mention some jealous bands as well that would have love to have reeped creed's success . i'm sorry Kennedy does not do it for most people, I like listening to a alterbridge song every once in a while, but creed rocks and there are alot of people who perfer that type of music to a guy trying to imitate robert plante or those type of long and gone 80's singers....Actually his voice isn't bad , but it can be darn near annoying some times. If I wanted to hear 80's music I'd throw on some POISON, MOTLEY CRUE , WARRANT or Winger. Fact is creed dominated the charts with rock music when rock had taken a back seat to boy bands and pop music. I don't remember Metallica doing much of anything through the ninties other that Their enter sandman album which was like 1990 or something. yeah their s&m album kicked ass but that was like 2000-2001. Actually rock music in general owes a lot to creed for bringing it back from the dead after hair bands like some of the above almost ruined it with the monster ballads generation...
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #33
Ana4Stapp
Ana4Stapp's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,971
Joined: Jan 2005
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: I like listening to a alterbridge song every once in a while, but creed rocks and there are alot of people who perfer that type of music to a guy trying to imitate robert plante or those type of long and gone 80's singers....Actually his voice isn't bad , but it can be darn near annoying some times.


Oh ..."his voice isnt bad"???!!! I think you are listening to the wrong guy.

Well, I know this is a reply to uncertain's post, but like a Stapp's fan i think i can give you my answer too -and maybe -- make you understand one point:

Myles is the best rock singer we have.This is a fact.

And before you stop to read that-- look:

I really like Stapp's voice but I have to admmit that Myles has an absolute technic to range high notes,what Stapp hasnt. Since the weathered's tour. Everyone knows that. Even Stapp admitted it.Everyone knows his voice was so deteriorated, that its easy to understand that it is not the same at the begginig like in the MOP days.

But of course, concerning to the passion--you can PREFER Stapp's voice, but try to get it considering to the technic-- you 'll see clearly that Myles is superior to Stapp.

Also, just to clarify--I love Stapp, but I dont think media is the one to blame in this case-- unhappily-he gave us tons of reasons to became an "egoistic-rock-star poser" like some people say...
__________________
So while I'm turning in my sheets
And once again, I cannot sleep
Walk out the door and up the street
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.




"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 08-06-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #34
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Actually rock music in general owes a lot to creed for bringing it back from the dead after hair bands like some of the above almost ruined it with the monster ballads generation...

Creed is not even real Rock n' Roll. It's alternative, and many would say it is very poppy. It did not bring back rock from the dead, you are clearly nuts. If anything, it killed it. Now we have nothing but a bunch of bands tryign to capitalize on $$$ by doing exactly what Creed did. Funny thing is, Creed was not even the FIRST of their kind. They did nothing original, nothing new, nothing unique, and nothing worthy of rememberance, except maybe the few concerts where Stapp was ROLLING ON THE FLOOR WASTED.

Liking Creed is not a problem, but you have them on a pedastal they don't deserve to be on. They are nothing special. Next I suppose you are going to tell me eminem is great and amazing, right? Because guess what, he sold 15 million albums on one record. Creed never did that.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #35
Tremontixriffs
Tremontixriffs's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 88
Joined: Jul 2005
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Creed is not even real Rock n' Roll. It's alternative, and many would say it is very poppy. It did not bring back rock from the dead, you are clearly nuts. If anything, it killed it. Now we have nothing but a bunch of bands tryign to capitalize on $$$ by doing exactly what Creed did. Funny thing is, Creed was not even the FIRST of their kind. They did nothing original, nothing new, nothing unique, and nothing worthy of rememberance, except maybe the few concerts where Stapp was ROLLING ON THE FLOOR WASTED.

Liking Creed is not a problem, but you have them on a pedastal they don't deserve to be on. They are nothing special. Next I suppose you are going to tell me eminem is great and amazing, right? Because guess what, he sold 15 million albums on one record. Creed never did that.


Look were not going to go anywhere with this, you have your opinons I am entitled to mine, other than some of the pro Bridge fans in this Site their are a lot of people who may feel the opposite of you. What is real rock and roll,? some moron screaming at the top of his lungs? Or music that everyone appreciates from the headbanger to your more laid back person. Creed did do a lot more than you give them credit for when it comes to rock and roll. There have been so many good rock bands throughout the years who aren't all about being a Led Zeplin carbon copy, but about making really good music. Aerosmith has been around four forty years, and their still at the top. I hardly feel creed was a pop band, gimme a break.

In closing I like alter bridge, their not too bad...But I prefer creed and I just enjoy listening to their music more, they were entertaining as where bridge is all about mark and his guitar playing. They never will enjoy the success that creed had. Years from now regardless of what you think their music will still be played while alter bridge will remain a mediocre rock band with a second rate singer.. I actually think I might go turn on that movie rock star really quick, bcause it sure reminds me oof whats happened to creed..ughhh
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #36
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Why do you keep bringing up Alter Bridge? I am not even THAT Huge a fan of AB (although they do blow Creed out of the water), but I am not defending them. Myles has a great voice and is extremely talented, Tremonti can shred your ears off, but Tremonti is not a very good songwriter. Because of that, the whole band suffers from a generic sound only set apart from the rest by his above average guitar skills.

You say AB is all about Mark and his guitar playing... well, uh ,what's Creed about? Getting money? Because that is all their songs do. I guaruntee you they won't stand the test of time.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:31 AM   #37
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
Status: Blue Collar
Posts: 722
Joined: Sep 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Please god ....Please bring back creed, I can't take any more mediocre rock songs from this album on tv...The one really good song they didn't even put on the radio or tv, metalingus is their best song from ODR, windup must be on crack. Everytime I hear Broken Wings I feel like its kip winger meets creed..ughhh, the only thing worse could be monster ballads..lol. I just can't get over this neo seventies/eighties sound, One of their best damn songs they don't even promote, it makes no sense whatsoever. I really hope the next album from these guys goes back to their creed routes and mark starts swinging his axe to take away from myles kennedy's annoying nasally Chris Cornell type sound...I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but with his singing on songs like broken wings and open your eyes I just think they need to find another singer....sorry.

Also I am not ripping Myles, I think at this point he's done better than any other short term replacement, but lets be seriouse he is not the best rock singer around, neither is cornell...He definitely doesn't have Stapp's stage presence or energy and lacks the abilty to keep his voice from breaking when hitting high notes..Actually he makes Stapp on predisgnone sound like celine dione. I actually believe alot of people who hear alter bridge for the first time are turned off by Kennedy's sound, but mainly listen because they appreciate marks musical ability.

This must be the most idiotic thing to say... First of: YOU ARE POSTING THINGS ON A ALTER BRIDGE THREAD! If you don't like the music at all... DON'T COME HERE! Go to the Stapp thread or Creed thread. And please face it! Creed is dead and will NEVER be back, witch I'm kind of happy about couse that would mean the end for Myles in AB and Brian... And I wouldn't want that to happen... Myles have the better voice, as many have said before, you might think that Stapp have a better voice, but if you just look at the facts Myles have the better one.
To claim that ODR would have been a bigger hit if Creed would have given it out is just ignorence, Stapp would have taken the lyrics and twisted them, couse thats what happend to all of the lyrics. Then he would have teased Mark when he did wanted a solo and say "Nirvana killed the solo", well fuck that. Then to topp it all, Mark would have to rewrite the tunes so that Stapp could hit the notes!... SO no I highly doubt that Stapp would have been a better choise...
Peace out and stopp complainging at the wrong place!
__________________
I kissed their feet in London in september
Does anyone know if Myles like my "jungel vrål" candy? Gave it to them when they were in London last time... PM me and tell me
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #38
Tremontixriffs
Tremontixriffs's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 88
Joined: Jul 2005
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) This must be the most idiotic thing to say... First of: YOU ARE POSTING THINGS ON A ALTER BRIDGE THREAD! If you don't like the music at all... DON'T COME HERE! Go to the Stapp thread or Creed thread. And please face it! Creed is dead and will NEVER be back, witch I'm kind of happy about couse that would mean the end for Myles in AB and Brian... And I wouldn't want that to happen... Myles have the better voice, as many have said before, you might think that Stapp have a better voice, but if you just look at the facts Myles have the better one.
To claim that ODR would have been a bigger hit if Creed would have given it out is just ignorence, Stapp would have taken the lyrics and twisted them, couse thats what happend to all of the lyrics. Then he would have teased Mark when he did wanted a solo and say "Nirvana killed the solo", well fuck that. Then to topp it all, Mark would have to rewrite the tunes so that Stapp could hit the notes!... SO no I highly doubt that Stapp would have been a better choise...
Peace out and stopp complainging at the wrong place!
Hey I am not saying that Myles Kennedy is not talented, he is but I just think that Stapp is a better fit with that band...I respect your opinon, there are alot of songs on AB'S cd that I think show potential, my favorite is metalingus. There is just something about kennedy's voice that gets under my skin, I dont know what it is. I love and have been a hug admirer of Marks work , he's probably one of the best guitarist I have seen growing up and ranks up there with Eddie van Halen, he may even be better by the time he is older, who knows...I am not going topost anymore anti- alter bridge posts...sorry guys, I just feel the way I do, but I love the awesome shredding on this past album, I just wish they will improve with the next cd, hopefully they will put out another kick ass cd.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #39
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Hey I am not saying that Myles Kennedy is not talented, he is but I just think that Stapp is a better fit with that band...I respect your opinon, there are alot of songs on AB'S cd that I think show potential, my favorite is metalingus. There is just something about kennedy's voice that gets under my skin, I dont know what it is. I love and have been a hug admirer of Marks work , he's probably one of the best guitarist I have seen growing up and ranks up there with Eddie van Halen, he may even be better by the time he is older, who knows...I am not going topost anymore anti- alter bridge posts...sorry guys, I just feel the way I do, but I love the awesome shredding on this past album, I just wish they will improve with the next cd, hopefully they will put out another kick ass cd.


You sound an amazing amount like Johhnynips... its almost freaky.

Myles probably gets under your skin because you're not a big Rock n' Roll fan. If you were, you'd be used to tenors. That is what rock n' roll was during its heyday. Too bad it died.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:40 PM   #40
ctfan
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 284
Joined: May 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Are you really that dumb?



Apparently so. Funny thing is, the FACT is on my side that Myles is a better singer with a better voice than Stapp. THAT IS NOT AN OPINION. It is simply true. Now you can LIKE one voice mroe than the other but the FACT is that Myles has more range, hits notes Stapp could never have even dreampt of, and is far more consistent.

Are you in love with Stapp or something? Do you not realize that the MAJORITY of people can't stand him? Why on Earth do you think he is good?

Eh, makes no difference to me who has the best range, or can hit the higher notes...it's what's pleasing to the ear that matters to me. Myles voice just isn't pleasing and I don't like the sound of it combined with the heavy music.

I know you didn't ask me why I think Stapp is good, you asked someone else, but I'll give you my opinion. Not only do I think Stapp is a great singer...it's in the way he presents it. His performance of it. He moves, he interacts and he adds feeling to the music.

When I watched Alter Bridge during the Home Run Derby, they acted as if just their presence alone was enough to make people swoon. Like they have this attitude of we are here, enjoy. They are all talented, not saying they aren't, but they have this weird attitude about it all.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #41
titan9
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,135
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Which is what I said. You can like one more than the other, but you can't say Stapp is a beter singer than Myles. He isn't.

As for the "smoother" thing... What happened to rock n' roll? When did it die? Where are the days of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and offensively loud instruments playing great original riffs? Why do things now have to be "smooth", and "easy"? When did the Musical I.Q. of the people lower to retardedness? (by the way Titan, I am not accusing YOU of this, I am jsut saying, in general).

This is the third time I've tried to post a reponse to this post, lol. First time, my account logged out before I could post(and I had a nice little response written up) and the second time I got halfway done with my response and had to go. Annoying to say the least. Let's try this again.

I personally love offensively loud instruments and great riffs. I'm a huge fan of solos(one of the many reasons why I decided to take up guitar; I wanted to solo like Slash or Tremonti). I also appreciate guys who can hit pretty high notes. But, I'm the kind of guy who would get bored if all the vocalists I listened to sounded like Myles. Hence why I also enjoy listening to Stapp, Paul McCoy(12 Stones), Jon Micah Sumrall(Kutless), Donald Carpenter(Submersed) and a slew of others. I'm glad that not every Rock singer is like Myles because if they were, Myles wouldn't be as unique as he is. Just because those other guys I mentioned don't have Myles range, it doesn't make them any less of a Rock singer. Just because they all have pretty smooth vocals(smoother than Myles because Myles has a different style of singing), that doesn't make them any less of a Rock singer and that doesn't mean that those who enjoy those types of singers(lower pitched, smoother vocals) have a retarded musical IQ. It just means that they like a different type of Rock than some do.
__________________
Visit the 12 Stones Fan Community, 12stonesfans.com!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:32 PM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) I know you didn't ask me why I think Stapp is good, you asked someone else, but I'll give you my opinion. Not only do I think Stapp is a great singer...it's in the way he presents it. His performance of it. He moves, he interacts and he adds feeling to the music.

When I watched Alter Bridge during the Home Run Derby, they acted as if just their presence alone was enough to make people swoon. Like they have this attitude of we are here, enjoy. They are all talented, not saying they aren't, but they have this weird attitude about it all.
LOL, that's funny, really. In Creed, Scott was the only one who interacted with the crowd, most likely because he wanted it that way. And yes, he is an awesome frontman, no doubt about it.

I've seen Creed four times and AB five times, and AB is way better with the crowd because they ALL get a chance to do their thing with the crowd. I've been up front for of those shows, too, and there is a marked difference in the way Mark is with AB than he was with Creed. Myles is great with the crowd as well. Lots of high-fiving, smiles, eye contact, same with Mark, a ton more eye contact. Even Brian smiles a lot at the crowd.
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:38 PM   #43
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) This is the third time I've tried to post a reponse to this post, lol. First time, my account logged out before I could post(and I had a nice little response written up) and the second time I got halfway done with my response and had to go. Annoying to say the least. Let's try this again.

I personally love offensively loud instruments and great riffs. I'm a huge fan of solos(one of the many reasons why I decided to take up guitar; I wanted to solo like Slash or Tremonti). I also appreciate guys who can hit pretty high notes. But, I'm the kind of guy who would get bored if all the vocalists I listened to sounded like Myles. Hence why I also enjoy listening to Stapp, Paul McCoy(12 Stones), Jon Micah Sumrall(Kutless), Donald Carpenter(Submersed) and a slew of others. I'm glad that not every Rock singer is like Myles because if they were, Myles wouldn't be as unique as he is. Just because those other guys I mentioned don't have Myles range, it doesn't make them any less of a Rock singer. Just because they all have pretty smooth vocals(smoother than Myles because Myles has a different style of singing), that doesn't make them any less of a Rock singer and that doesn't mean that those who enjoy those types of singers(lower pitched, smoother vocals) have a retarded musical IQ. It just means that they like a different type of Rock than some do.

Myles stands out because all of the other guys you just mentioned sound a LOT alike (besides the guy from kutless who I wouldn't know about because I have never heard them).

I am not saying other singers are bad. They just aren't Rock n' Roll singers. Alternative, maybe. Post grunge, whatever. But they are not Rock n' Roll singers.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:02 PM   #44
Chase
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,160
Joined: Oct 2004
Currently: Offline
I will bet anyone that Stapp's solo effort will be more popular than Alter Bridge's "One Day Remains." Stapp will probably be ripped by the critics, but embraced by more people... much like Creed was. Most people were first drawn to Creed by Stapp's voice and lyrics... later realizing how great of a guitarist Tremonti was. That was Creed's appeal. I'm not saying that Alter Bridge isn't good... but they haven't had the powerful effect on people like has Creed had.

One more thing, if Stapp does decide to play a Creed song or two on his solo tour... just remember that Audioslave plays Rage Against the Machine songs and has Cornell singing Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun."
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:21 PM   #45
titan9
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,135
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
I think the issue most people have with the whole Creed songs on Stapp's tour thing is that Stapp is breaking a verbal agreement between Tremonti and him. Before Tremonti mentioned the agreement, I was one of those people who did not care either way. But now I am against the idea of Stapp performing Creed songs on his solo tour because it is breaking an agreement that he made with Mark. As a Creed fan, that hurts me. I don't care if Stapp is doing it just to be a jerk or a smart alec. The bottom line is that if there was an agreement, what Stapp is about to do is just plain wrong. I do agree, however, that Stapp's solo CD will probably sell more copies than ODR did. I think that simply because Stapp will probably do a more radio friendly sound, whereas AB can really only be played on Rock radio. Stapp's music will probably be suitable for Rock and Pop radio alike, perhaps even Alternative as well. Because it is friendly, he'll probably have a great deal of success on radio and that'll add up to very good record sales. I honestly expect the solo CD to sell over 150,000 copies in the first week and I think it'll eventually move 800,000-1,000,000. I think enough people still remember Stapp and still remember Creed and those that were a fan of either(or both) will want this album.
__________________
Visit the 12 Stones Fan Community, 12stonesfans.com!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.