++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 03:54 AM   #1
Sincirr
Sincirr's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,505
Joined: Jul 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Mormon men can get their own planet

Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) any questions?
Only the one that U wouldnt answer.

Mormons just came to my door and I asked them about the getting your own planet thing. First they sorta umm'ed and aaaa'red about it and said well we believe that we can be just like God etc... and I said

OK now come on, can you get your own planet or not?

Now the elders thought that the way I put it made it sound a little silly but they said yes. Yes Mormons can get their own planet like God.

Now I dont know how many times I tried to get a straight answer from facelessman and he ignored my requests, but at least now we know that it is the true doctrine of the mormon church. Just thought I would let everyone know. Once again, I dont hate you, but U should tell the truth.
__________________
CreedFeed Forums ROCK...n'

ROCK HARD!!!

Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
well the way i look it Without Going In To Pacific Details Poochie~~ooochie GOD LIKE OWNS THE UNIVERESE In Stuff And We Our Like Children Of God So If We Desire A Planent And Have Placed In Heaven Sure But I Really Dont Have A Need A Of A Planent Sounds Like To Much Trouble To Me to be an owner of a entire planent
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:02 AM   #3
Xterminator27
Xterminator27's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,310
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
they can have Venus, but NOONE is touching my Mars
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
you can have it if i did want one i want one thats not on the maps you know that was here before or something those plantents are so overated i know there is better one out there with much more liken to my brain of wonders
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:20 AM   #5
facelessman
facelessman's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Opened My Eyes
Posts: 6,179
Joined: May 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
wow, my friend, lets all be mature now. how many times do i have to answer your question. i guess its because you didnt like the first answer. here we go again.
first off let me just say that anyone can have a planet. its just not everyone that will be able to. there are requirements to fulfill. what are they?
matt. 5:5 "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
any more questions?
__________________
Is that what you call a getaway?
Tell me what you got away with
B/c i've seen more spine in jellyfish
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
Sincirr
Sincirr's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,505
Joined: Jul 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
hahahah thats hillarious!!! you are getting funnier in your elder-ly age!

Nope, you know cos U have been told that just like God U can get your own planet and can make cellestial babies to send them to earth etc. Cmon now.

Point is even though U wont tell the truth, at least I got it straight from an elders mouth.
__________________
CreedFeed Forums ROCK...n'

ROCK HARD!!!

Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:16 AM   #7
facelessman
facelessman's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Opened My Eyes
Posts: 6,179
Joined: May 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
whats with you ppl. you claim to want to understand the truth of the LDS, but when that truth is given, you take it as naught. that is the truth. Christ promised that if we are meek, then we shall inherit the earth. what more do you want? ok ill give more:
"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." 1john 3:2
__________________
Is that what you call a getaway?
Tell me what you got away with
B/c i've seen more spine in jellyfish
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #8
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
what does the meek inheriting the earth got to do with having your own planet? this is jesus saying that the humble (for God hates pride at least of the selfish variety) will be rewarded in the after life but there is no mention of other planets. the notion that jesus and satan are brothers is totally unbiblical, satan is a created being which jesus is not according to the bible. furthermore what exactly is in it for women here? they get to produce baby after baby? go tell the feminist groups that! LOL

anyhow we'll debate forever and no-one will move....sometimes i wonder why i bother.

PS: I will say that Joseph Smith fails as a prophet cause we now know he made up what "The Book of Abraham" states. It had nothing at all to do with Abraham, the Egyptian litreature he "translated" described an embalming procedure.
__________________
She never told a lie,
Well, might of told a lie.
But never lived one.
Didnít have a life.
Didnít have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now itís time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:44 AM   #9
Higher_Desire
Higher_Desire's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Found Peace
Posts: 8,723
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
I know I shouldn't get involved here because nothing new is going to happen. Let me just start by saying, don't let one speak for all.

Now let me say this. It origianlly stemmed from the biblical teaching of "As man is, God once was. As God is, man may become." It has been blown way out of proportion since Joseph Smith wrote of it and spoke about it. And Genesis 3:5 says: "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

Now get it straight: We can become as gods. I AM NOT saying the ONLY Mormons are included in this. This pertains to ALL who inherit the kingdom of God from ANY religion. I don't know why you keep saying that we are avoiding the topic. We tell you this every time you say something about it. Also, MANY LDS people are still confused about the teaching. It has been clarified many times by the president of the church as well as others in high church authority.

You say they hummed and hawed around the subject when I think you're not telling the whole story. They probably said something to the effect of "Well, you see, it's not that simple. It's not as cut and dry like that." and you were once again construing what people say. Ultimatly, one CAN become a creator in the next life. The bible teaches that we will inherit the kingdom of God and can learn EVERYTHING that he knows. Why would that exclude creation? But, as I've told you before, JUST BECAUSE ONE CAN, DOES NOT MEAN ONE WILL.

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) the notion that jesus and satan are brothers is totally unbiblical, satan is a created being which jesus is not according to the bible. furthermore what exactly is in it for women here? they get to produce baby after baby? go tell the feminist groups that! LOL
First, you are right that that teaching is unbiblical, however, you are wrong in saying that we teach it. This is the basis: All was in the beginning with God. Good and evil are neither created or destroyed as they are concepts. God did create Lucifer, as he did all spirits. He also created Jesus as a spirit. Satan wanted to be sent to earth instead of Jesus and he would make everyone do the right thing and return to him. That was not God's way, and Jesus was sent. Lucifer rebelled and was kicked out of heaven. He then became the "fallen angel." He was cut off from ties with God. THEY ARE NOT BROTHERS AND THE CHURCH DOESN'T TEACH THAT. That is only inferred by people as being what it is.

About women. The same thing applies to men. There is no sex after death. People cannot get married to other spirits after death.
Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) PS: I will say that Joseph Smith fails as a prophet cause we now know he made up what "The Book of Abraham" states. It had nothing at all to do with Abraham, the Egyptian litreature he "translated" described an embalming procedure.
Now, let me give you a brief overview of the story of Abraham.
Joseph Smith acquired the mummies from a man named Michael Chandler. He claimed to have recieved them from a man named Antonio Lobollo in his will when he died because he was a relative. Through searches, it it believed that Chandler's wife was actually the relative. Lobollo was an Italian who did archeological work in Egypt. When someone would remove something from an area, they would put their name on it. Since then, the name of "Lobollo" has been found in areas of Egypt. Chandler lived in Philadelphia. He contacted Joseph Smith in Ohio because he was told of a man who translated plates from another language. He traveled to see Smith and sold him the mummies for about $3,000. Joseph left the mummies in his will to his wife Emma. After JS was killed, Emma remarried Colonel Biddham (a colonel in the Confederate Army) and they donated the mummies to a museum in Chicago. In the great Chicago fire, the mummies were destroyed. Prior to that time, the papyrus that was with them were shown to be ultimately translated correctly. Keep in mind that it wasn't until the discovery of the Rosetta Stone that made many translations known. That is happened, and they have not been shown to be false.


Aren't you guys getting tired of this? Or is it that you have nothing better to do with your time than try to argue what you don't know and point out falts in others when you yourselves have imperfections.

Just out of curiosity, what religions do you belong to?


H-D
__________________

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late


--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:38 AM   #10
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) I know I shouldn't get involved here because nothing new is going to happen. Let me just start by saying, don't let one speak for all.

Now let me say this. It origianlly stemmed from the biblical teaching of "As man is, God once was. As God is, man may become." It has been blown way out of proportion since Joseph Smith wrote of it and spoke about it. And Genesis 3:5 says: "For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

Now get it straight: We can become as gods. I AM NOT saying the ONLY Mormons are included in this. This pertains to ALL who inherit the kingdom of God from ANY religion. I don't know why you keep saying that we are avoiding the topic. We tell you this every time you say something about it. Also, MANY LDS people are still confused about the teaching. It has been clarified many times by the president of the church as well as others in high church authority.

You say they hummed and hawed around the subject when I think you're not telling the whole story. They probably said something to the effect of "Well, you see, it's not that simple. It's not as cut and dry like that." and you were once again construing what people say. Ultimatly, one CAN become a creator in the next life. The bible teaches that we will inherit the kingdom of God and can learn EVERYTHING that he knows. Why would that exclude creation? But, as I've told you before, JUST BECAUSE ONE CAN, DOES NOT MEAN ONE WILL.


First, you are right that that teaching is unbiblical, however, you are wrong in saying that we teach it. This is the basis: All was in the beginning with God. Good and evil are neither created or destroyed as they are concepts. God did create Lucifer, as he did all spirits. He also created Jesus as a spirit. Satan wanted to be sent to earth instead of Jesus and he would make everyone do the right thing and return to him. That was not God's way, and Jesus was sent. Lucifer rebelled and was kicked out of heaven. He then became the "fallen angel." He was cut off from ties with God. THEY ARE NOT BROTHERS AND THE CHURCH DOESN'T TEACH THAT. That is only inferred by people as being what it is.

About women. The same thing applies to men. There is no sex after death. People cannot get married to other spirits after death.

Now, let me give you a brief overview of the story of Abraham.
Joseph Smith acquired the mummies from a man named Michael Chandler. He claimed to have recieved them from a man named Antonio Lobollo in his will when he died because he was a relative. Through searches, it it believed that Chandler's wife was actually the relative. Lobollo was an Italian who did archeological work in Egypt. When someone would remove something from an area, they would put their name on it. Since then, the name of "Lobollo" has been found in areas of Egypt. Chandler lived in Philadelphia. He contacted Joseph Smith in Ohio because he was told of a man who translated plates from another language. He traveled to see Smith and sold him the mummies for about $3,000. Joseph left the mummies in his will to his wife Emma. After JS was killed, Emma remarried Colonel Biddham (a colonel in the Confederate Army) and they donated the mummies to a museum in Chicago. In the great Chicago fire, the mummies were destroyed. Prior to that time, the papyrus that was with them were shown to be ultimately translated correctly. Keep in mind that it wasn't until the discovery of the Rosetta Stone that made many translations known. That is happened, and they have not been shown to be false.


Aren't you guys getting tired of this? Or is it that you have nothing better to do with your time than try to argue what you don't know and point out falts in others when you yourselves have imperfections.

Just out of curiosity, what religions do you belong to?


H-D

first of all i don't want to be seen as picking on you and facelessman and sincirr probably doesn't either. however i think your church teaches blatant error in fundamental areas of doctrine. btw i belong to a brethern church which is similar to a baptist church if you were wondering. basically a straight-forward teaching of the bible. as for what you said first of all satan is saying there that they can become like gods, in that they'll know good and evil, not that they'ld literally become gods. Satan was right, Adam and Eve did know good and evil in the story but he neglected to mentioned the pain involved in that choice. i'll come back to the papyrus issue a bit later when i've done some more research.
__________________
She never told a lie,
Well, might of told a lie.
But never lived one.
Didnít have a life.
Didnít have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now itís time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:17 PM   #11
facelessman
facelessman's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Opened My Eyes
Posts: 6,179
Joined: May 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
straight forward teaching of the bible, huh? so youre being fed just the milk? when will you get the meat?" i have fed you with milk and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able" 1 cor 3:2. my man, youre still eatin baby's food. when will you grow up to the real man's stuff? it doesnt matter anyway, cause like it says, you wouldnt be able to bear it. well im glad that the Lord still speaks to us in these latter days, and that he's been feeding us with the meat...like man being able to inherit planet.
__________________
Is that what you call a getaway?
Tell me what you got away with
B/c i've seen more spine in jellyfish
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:39 PM   #12
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by King X) they can have Venus, but NOONE is touching my Mars
how about Uranus?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:41 AM   #13
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) how about Uranus?
uh huh uh hu he said anus uh huh And What Do Mormon Chicks Get ?? Uh huh HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mormons Kick Ass
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #14
Higher_Desire
Higher_Desire's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Found Peace
Posts: 8,723
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) uh huh uh hu he said anus uh huh And What Do Mormon Chicks Get ?? Uh huh HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mormons Kick Ass
Do you not even read the posts? Faceless and myself have already answered that.


H-D
__________________

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late


--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #15
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
haaaaaaaa yes i really must have read right through it it you guys posts are long ones...read over it,
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.