++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2005, 10:53 AM   #76
creedlvr
creedlvr's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Blue Collar
Posts: 706
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Also I was replying to this post quite a bit. "gay little things" that apparently many on here love an enjoy? I am sorry but I don't thinkyou need to phrase it that way, and it got me quite mad. So maybe I went a little overboard--people do. But what I was saying was in response to him. I would never have just brought the subject out of thin air. To make an example.

Creed sucked. Not a single on of their songs can touch AB's. I mean, Stapp is just the worst singer the planet has ever seen. No one wants to hear a guy spew all of his moral conundrums and Christian sayings at you while he is on drugs. He has the most boring, dull, common, annoying voice in the world. Maybe if he took out those stupid growls on the end of songs (i.e. freedom fighter) people would like him more. And besides, Alter Bridge obviously has mroe credibility than Creed because Creed sold a gazillion albums to a bunch of thirteen year old girls. You can't compare the two.

Would you find THAT respectful?
Wow... that was simply brilliant! Okay, so obviously you've just proved you're an obnoxious person with whom one can't disagree with or they'll get this garbage. I think you need to take a chill!!!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:58 AM   #77
titan9
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,135
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
You know, the point at which Nips posts got disrespectful was when he started to say "Myles needs to stop doing those gay little things". I have never heard Uncertain say Stapp needs to stop doing "gay little things". If Nips would have just said "I don't like Myles, I don't think Alter Bridge can touch Creed and I like Stapp more than Myles" I doubt that all these people(Uncertain included) would have fired back and yelled at Nips. The way in which Nips voiced his opinion, that was rude.

Granted, Uncertain could have said what he said in slightly nicer way, but, in a way, Nips asked for it with the way he made fun of Myles(the Rick Springfield immitation comment, for one). And then, when Nips clearly saw that his comments were offensive to the Alter Bridge fans, he just kept spewing out the same stuff, and kept getting ruder and ruder in the way which he criticized Myles. He really should have just stopped after that first post, in my opinion.
__________________
Visit the 12 Stones Fan Community, 12stonesfans.com!

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:18 PM   #78
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Wow... that was simply brilliant! Okay, so obviously you've just proved you're an obnoxious person with whom one can't disagree with or they'll get this garbage. I think you need to take a chill!!!

Ya know what? Arguing with you is %100 pointless, you just don't GET it. That little paragraph was not something I wrote or intended to be taken seriously. It was a TRANSLATION of Johhnynips' opinion on Myles into what it would sound like if someone said the same things about Stapp. Did you just MISS that?!
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #79
creedlvr
creedlvr's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Blue Collar
Posts: 706
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Ya know what? Arguing with you is %100 pointless, you just don't GET it. That little paragraph was not something I wrote or intended to be taken seriously. It was a TRANSLATION of Johhnynips' opinion on Myles into what it would sound like if someone said the same things about Stapp. Did you just MISS that?!
Well no shit! Of course I GOT IT! I'm really not a moron! I just thought is was unnecessary. Once again ... your passion is a bit over the top. Take a chill! I really don't think it's worth getting your undies in a bunch! Geez! Then you wonder why I thought you were rude.

Have a nice day!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:02 PM   #80
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Well no shit! Of course I GOT IT! I'm really not a moron! I just thought is was unnecessary. Once again ... your passion is a bit over the top. Take a chill! I really don't think it's worth getting your undies in a bunch! Geez! Then you wonder why I thought you were rude.

Have a nice day!

What on earth? Yeah, I'm just stopping. You clearly don't get it at all. Arguing is pointless. I wasn't saying those thigns about Creed as my opinions (you think I care that he adds a growl or two here and there?) I was just reflectiong what Johhnynips post WOULD have looked like if he had been attacking Stapp.

You DON'T get it, and I just don't care to explain anymore.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #81
Ana4Stapp
Ana4Stapp's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,971
Joined: Jan 2005
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Ana - Not for nothin' but this was your response to Uncertain's original post. Obviously, you took it the same way I did.


Wow! This is an endless and a little boring discussion...Well, let's go:

The first time I saw his statement about Scott Stapp I misenderstood it...I thought he was bashing Stapp and Creed...and as result we had a very hard discussion on posts which results in PM's ...and i have to confess I was rude in my answer to uncertain...but to my surprise, he didn't act the same thing, on the contrary, he was very kind and show me that he just expresssed his opinion, his idea, which was entirely different from mine .

Saying you the truth, I didn't respect his opinion, because it was different from MINE. So,I was wrong.

I started it when I didnt accept he had the right to say he didn't miss Creed and actually he prefers AB...

I was intransigent.

Is this guy wrong because of this? Just because he verbalized his impressions? Just because he gave voice to his thoughts?

Or only my opinions were right?

Sorry, but opinions are subjective...which is right for me, maybe is not for you...Who's right? Who's wrong?

And after this first bad impression, believe me, even though we still disagree in some things(and of course agree in a lot of) about Stapp/Creed, and also about Creed non-related stuff, we do this in a respectful manner...and as a result, PM'd a lot to each other...(isn't true? )
__________________
So while I'm turning in my sheets
And once again, I cannot sleep
Walk out the door and up the street
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.




"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 07-28-2005 at 09:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:48 PM   #82
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quite, but I am still really confused as to why Creedlvr is taking my mock Stapp bashing as such a big deal... It was a *MOCK* Stapp bashing.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:09 PM   #83
creedlvr
creedlvr's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Blue Collar
Posts: 706
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Quite, but I am still really confused as to why Creedlvr is taking my mock Stapp bashing as such a big deal... It was a *MOCK* Stapp bashing.
Did you even read my last post? I just said I GOT IT! Maybe you're the one not getting it ... so let me clarify:
I am (and was) very aware the first time you said it that you were not saying those things seriously. I got it then ... and I get it now. I just said that I felt (even though is was a *MOCK*) that it was unneccesary. That is not making a big deal ... it's just simply saying it was unneccesary. I feel that way because you seem to feel the need to keep making your point over and over and over and over. Your *MOCK * was just another example. Let it rest already. You're just SO fired up it's almost weird.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:57 PM   #84
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Alright, I am just officialy confused.

/leaves thread for good
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #85
OneOmerta
OneOmerta's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Silence Speaks
Posts: 52
Joined: Jan 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: You're just SO fired up it's almost weird.


lol....I agree. And people pick on Stapp supporters for getting fired up...yikes...uncertain could give us a run for the money eh? LMAO

Hey uncertain...come down from the cross dude...
__________________
How many Rural Carriers does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #86
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 34
Joined: Mar 2005
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) It IS a little preposterous to claim that a band like 3 Doors Down is unique, though. They just AREN'T.

For a band that isn't unique they certainly have sold millions of albums. I guess all us people who like em aren't unique either. I guess we're just sheep who will buy anything. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa...I'm so booooooooooring.

When people come at me with these kinds of arguments about how I don't know good music when I hear it I ask them who they listen to. They tell me. and I say "never heard of em". And in most cases I'm not lying.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:32 AM   #87
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Once again, sales do not equal quality. There is a lot of good quality music that you won't find in record stores.
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 08:32 AM   #88
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple) For a band that isn't unique they certainly have sold millions of albums. I guess all us people who like em aren't unique either. I guess we're just sheep who will buy anything. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa...I'm so booooooooooring.

When people come at me with these kinds of arguments about how I don't know good music when I hear it I ask them who they listen to. They tell me. and I say "never heard of em". And in most cases I'm not lying.

Well I was going to stay out of this thread but since this is a different topic then what I was discussing, I'll answer it.

First, Just because they aren't unique doesn't make them BAD. And just because they ARE unique doesn't make them GOOD.

But your argument is amazingly ridiculous. Becuase they sold ALBUMS, THEY ARE UNIQUE?! The more albums you sell these days, usually the LESS unique you are. Hoobastank sells albums. Gonna tell me that they are unique? ASHLEE SIMPSON sells albums. Gonna tell me SHE is unique?

And what is this nonsense about "I guess we're not unique?"? I never even IMPLIED that. I like Alter Bridge. I don't consider them a very unique band. slightly more than most, but not by much. Heck, I don't even terribly dislike 3 Doors Down. But just because you like a band doesn't mean they are unique.

And just becasue they sell ALBUMS certainly does not make them unique.

And as one last parting note to those who keep saying I am "fired up" or something like that--you have no idea. I really am not giving too much credence or time to this topic. Heck, I don't even really care what happens in this topic. Creedlvr attacked my character so I defended myself. I defended myself with EXTREMELY LONG posts. But that doesn't mean I am fired up. I love writing, I am pretty good at writing, it doens't take me long, and I didn't put much thought into it.

I am certainly not fired up. It would take more than a couple of Stapp loving Kennedy hating message board identites to get me fired up.

Either way, cheers, you obviously took this all way too seriously.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #89
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 34
Joined: Mar 2005
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well I was going to stay out of this thread but since this is a different topic then what I was discussing, I'll answer it.

First, Just because they aren't unique doesn't make them BAD. And just because they ARE unique doesn't make them GOOD.

But your argument is amazingly ridiculous. Becuase they sold ALBUMS, THEY ARE UNIQUE?! The more albums you sell these days, usually the LESS unique you are. Hoobastank sells albums. Gonna tell me that they are unique? ASHLEE SIMPSON sells albums. Gonna tell me SHE is unique?

And what is this nonsense about "I guess we're not unique?"? I never even IMPLIED that. I like Alter Bridge. I don't consider them a very unique band. slightly more than most, but not by much. Heck, I don't even terribly dislike 3 Doors Down. But just because you like a band doesn't mean they are unique.

And just becasue they sell ALBUMS certainly does not make them unique.

And as one last parting note to those who keep saying I am "fired up" or something like that--you have no idea. I really am not giving too much credence or time to this topic. Heck, I don't even really care what happens in this topic. Creedlvr attacked my character so I defended myself. I defended myself with EXTREMELY LONG posts. But that doesn't mean I am fired up. I love writing, I am pretty good at writing, it doens't take me long, and I didn't put much thought into it.

I am certainly not fired up. It would take more than a couple of Stapp loving Kennedy hating message board identites to get me fired up.

Either way, cheers, you obviously took this all way too seriously.

Is there anybody you do like other than Alter Bridge? We get the message that you really really really do hate Hoobastank. Nowhere in there did I say somebody who sells alot of CDs is unique. But you got to admit people don't buy CDs that they don't like. So I guess a band that sells alot of CDs does indicate that there are a hell of alot of people who like whatever it is they have to say. The wonder of the internet is that you can usually hear most of the songs on a CD before you buy it. Its not a matter of buying something without knowing what it sounds like these days.

There's alot of good music that you never hear on the radio. In alot of cases its because its so unique that the majority of the music buying public doesn't really care for it. There are bands that I don't particularly care for, other than a few songs. I don't buy their CDs. I pay....yes I said PAY to download those particular songs. I'm not gonna buy a CD with songs that I skip over because I don't like them. Thats a waste of my money.

I'm just tired of lots of people (not just uncertaindrumer) telling me that because I like someone who sells alot of records I have no idea what good music is when they actually don't have any idea what kind of music I listen to. I do listen to bands that some people would never have heard of. I just don't tell other people that because they don't like my music they don't know what good music is.

And no. One Day Remains is NOT in my CD collection.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:52 AM   #90
uncertaindrumer
uncertaindrumer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,255
Joined: Dec 2004
Currently: Offline
Hey, look. I never said you don't know what good music is.

Alter Bridge, quite possibly on of my favorite bands, I don't consider very unique. But MOST BANDS that you hear on the radio are the same old stuff over and over again. WHY? Because it SELLS. That doesn't mean it is all bad. It just means that after a while it gets... boring.

But I certainly never said, nor implied, that you have bad taste in music. I don't have any problem with 3 Doors Down. At all.
__________________
Titans baby, Titans.
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics of My Guitar and Creed Posters DangerousDan85 Chat-O-Rama 21 03-12-2007 11:17 PM
Life after Creed happier for Alter Bridge drummer The Lithium Alter Bridge Talk 48 03-31-2005 10:48 AM
You're a Creed freak if... The Lithium Creed Talk 50 10-24-2004 07:11 AM
Creed Press Release Shadow Creed Talk 93 06-07-2004 12:37 AM
Creed Rocks! infinitejest56 Creed Talk 26 05-26-2004 12:05 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.