++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
Downloading Creed Online for $0.99?

I am a tad bit ripped and serously ill from the fact that I am a supporter of buying for downloads rather than downloading for free. I have no issues with those who do though so long as they share freely in return.

The downfall I have found is that I use Itunes, Rhapsody and MusicMatch for all my download purchase and not one of them have any creed songs available in there catalog?!!!!!! Why? Is it due to the record label? The band? Or the breakup?

I seperated from my ex of 7 years and she took my creed cds so I figured I would just buy them and download them to my pc. I am shocked that none of the services I use offers them
Old 08-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Without actually using the programs you mentioned and searching on them for the songs, I can't be sure if they do or don't have Creed songs. I would assume that, if they don't, it is because Wind-Up probably did not sign some sort of agreement to allow them to offer the songs. I highly doubt that those programs would not offer Creed songs, considering how popular Creed was/is. This is a band that sold over 30 million records, and Itunes, Rhapsody and Musicmatch probably sell artists that have sold far less than that and are far less popular.

My suggestion is that, if they definitely don't have these songs and cost is an issue, you can use Ebay to buy back your Creed collection. I believe that you can get Creed CDs on there, slightly used(or even new) for $6.00 or less with shipping. It's a fairly inexpensive route to take to buy back the three CDs.

Hope this helps

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
i'd guess it's because wind-up doesn't have an agreement w/ any of the services you mentioned (try searching for finger eleven, evanescence, submersed, alter bridge, etc... just to see if that might be the case)... i read recently in rolling stone that there's a number of popular old-school bands that aren't available online (presumably for this issue of distribution rights). i think led zeppelin was one, the beatles were another (tho i think they might be available now).

Old 08-26-2005, 06:49 PM   #4
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Buy the CDs and import them to your computer through iTunes or just simpley download them illegal.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 08-26-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:04 AM   #5
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
I did not get my point across clearly so I apologise. I can easily buy the CDS and I am aware of how to obtain them. I simply decided to download them from one of the 3 sources and what appauls me is that NONE of them I noted offer Creed songs for download so believe it or not it's a fact and that was my whole point and intent that I was shocked of such a thing.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #6
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by PJAmerica) I did not get my point across clearly so I apologise. I can easily buy the CDS and I am aware of how to obtain them. I simply decided to download them from one of the 3 sources and what appauls me is that NONE of them I noted offer Creed songs for download so believe it or not it's a fact and that was my whole point and intent that I was shocked of such a thing.

They are not available through the now-legal napster either!
Old 10-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
The Lithium
USER INFO »
So download them ilegal or buy the goddamn cds!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 10-06-2005, 05:25 PM   #8
jmhonline
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) So download them ilegal or buy the goddamn cds!

no duh, sherlock!
Old 10-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #9
Creed7352
USER INFO »
it's windup...i don't think i've come across any windup artist i've looked for on any of those things...metallica isn't on there either. first metallica has a shit fit cause people were sharing illegally..now we have it up for purchase and it's legal and they still won't partake...dumbshits!