++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-04-2002, 02:29 AM   #1
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
--> [] Scott Stapp needs our support. Write him here.

Scott Stapp Needs Our Support.
Return the Favor.

Scott's really having a very rough time right now. Many have said he's been acting a little strange on stage, showing us a side of himself that is uncharacteristic. It appears that this is a *real* time of hardship in his family life.

I am organizing a grassroots campaign to collect as many messages of support to Scott and the band as possible. I will print out all the messages I receive and mail them directly to the band. I expect a very large outpouring of support.

Please go to the following website:

http://fox.phpwebhosting.com/~refcoord/stapp

Deadline is DEC 14

Please post this on all Creed msg boards, and email to your friends. PLEASE POST A MSG ON THIS THREAD IF YOU WROTE! It will keep this post bumped.

Nicholas F. Singh
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 12-04-2002, 03:08 AM   #2
souldancer
USER INFO »
THANK YOU for taking the initiative and acting on this need! You can count on me to post and let's rally our passion to show our concern and support!

Also, those of you that have children that are Creed fans - please have them write notes too (include their age). Or, what about having the children's cards/letters/drawings be mailed to him?! I think Scott would be really touched by that - there are lots of CreedKids out there - such a joy to see them with their families at the concerts (will pm you with idea Nicholas)
Old 12-04-2002, 08:11 AM   #3
JenRN
USER INFO »
Thank you for this opportunity! I have sent out my message!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-04-2002, 09:53 AM   #4
hotforscott
USER INFO »
My message has been sent. Thanks for the link! Great idea!
Old 12-04-2002, 11:11 AM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Just sent along my well wishes. Thanks so much for giving us this opportunity!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-04-2002, 12:53 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just sent my message. What a great idea!!! This is my first time posting to this board and when I saw this thread I couldn't pass up the opportunity to express the love I have for Scott and the band as a whole. They're truly the best band around and although I haven't had the chance to see them live yet, I hope to next summer after they all get some well deserved rest and relaxation!!

Relearn Love
Old 12-04-2002, 01:38 PM   #7
hotforscott
USER INFO »
great post and welcome to the board. they are awesome live, it is truely an experience you will never forget.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:53 PM   #8
whocares
Banned
USER INFO »
family matters

allthough i think that the message behind this thread is very thoughtful, i think that making a statement such as scott's a mess on stage or he is falling apart is rediculous. ive read a few of the remarks here made about him and if it was me reading these remarks, id be a bit upset. this is what is called speaking before you know the true facts. allthough im sure this is a difficult time for the family dealing with the incidents of the past few weeks. it is a personal family matter and should be kept that way. anyone who wants to do something nice for scott should direct there appreciation towards the foundations the band supports. i.e. wawo...or any of your local agencies that need your help or even your prayers. take care everyone and thanks for listening
Old 12-04-2002, 01:57 PM   #9
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
THANK YOU for taking the initiative and acting on this need!  You can count on me to post and let's rally our passion to show our concern and support!

Also, those of you that have children that are Creed fans - please have them write notes too (include their age). Or, what about  having the children's cards/letters/drawings be mailed to him?!  I think Scott would be really touched by that - there are lots of CreedKids out there - such a joy to see them with their families at the concerts  (will pm you with idea Nicholas)

that is a great idea. I can get my kids started after I pick them up from school. i heard somewhere that artwork is their favorite thing to receive. i am sure they would be truely touched by some of the kids drawings.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:01 PM   #10
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Scott needs our support

Just wanted to let you know I sent a letter of love and support to Scott and Creed. This is such a good idea; he really does need as many people around him supporting him during this difficult time. He's always there for us (through his music) so we should lift him up now; also say some prayers for his health and peace.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 12-04-2002, 02:04 PM   #11
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Re: family matters

Quote: Originally posted by whocares
allthough i think that the message behind this thread is very thoughtful, i think that making a statement such as scott's a mess on stage or he is falling apart is rediculous. ive read a few of the remarks here made about him and if it was me reading these remarks, id be a bit upset. this is what is called speaking before you know the true facts. allthough im sure this is a difficult time for the family dealing with the incidents of the past few weeks. it is a personal family matter and should be kept that way. anyone who wants to do something nice for scott should direct there appreciation towards the foundations the band supports. i.e. wawo...or any of your local agencies that need your help or even your prayers.  take care everyone and thanks for listening

I feel what you are saying is thoughtful as well, but just as the person who started this thread, this is how he would like to show support. his idea of what to do may vary from yours and that is okay. we do support the WAWO foundation as well and you would know that if you viewed some of the other threads. and as for facts, it would not matter to me, what was said in the media, if one of my fellow creed fans here, posted the day after a show that scott looked very tired worn out then that is all i would need to give him some support. scott and the band are always doing so much for other people that i feel this idea is PERFECT. they need to know who all they have reached and get some direct support from us. i feel scott needs it right now.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:05 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

[quote]Originally posted by whocares
allthough i think that the message behind this thread is very thoughtful, i think that making a statement such as scott's a mess on stage or he is falling apart is rediculous. ive read a few of the remarks here made about him and if it was me reading these remarks, id be a bit upset. this is what is called speaking before you know the true facts. allthough im sure this is a difficult time for the family dealing with the incidents of the past few weeks. it is a personal family matter and should be kept that way. anyone who wants to do something nice for scott should direct there appreciation towards the foundations the band supports. i.e. wawo...or any of your local agencies that need your help or even your prayers. take care everyone and thanks for listening [/QUOTE

Well, from what people have seen for themselves at the shows, Scott has chosen to make some of his troubles public by alluding to them during his performances. While he may not have spelled out exactly what happened between him and Hilaree, it's apparent he's feeling the frustration of that along with the maniacal scheduling tour the band have been on all year. People directing their goodwill toward the foundations the band supports is a fine idea as well, but I see nothing wrong with sending a little heartfelt message of concern for a band that have done an amazing amount for people just through their music, not to mention their charities and the myriad meet-and-greets along the way. There's nothing wrong with the fans giving back a little love and appreciation.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:32 PM   #13
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I agree. We all can support them in whatever way we feel is right for us. There are as many different ways to reach out and show support for the band as there are fans who came to see them in concert this year. We should all do what we feel is the right thing.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-04-2002, 04:41 PM   #14
souldancer
USER INFO »

Quote: Originally posted by whocares
allthough i think that the message behind this thread is very thoughtful, i think that making a statement such as scott's a mess on stage or he is falling apart is rediculous. ive read a few of the remarks here made about him and if it was me reading these remarks, id be a bit upset.
Thanks - that's a valid point - the first paragraph on the link does assume a lot, our passion and emotions sometimes do this. NO ONE but Scott really knows the truth. There was a roadie MOnday spitting out stuff that I just did not want to listen to - WHAT IS THE TRUTH? WHO DO YOU BELIVE? We see change on the tour, that is a valid observation - we don;t know the multiple cuauses for what we see, but we all agree that we CARE! Feels good to just do something constructive with those feelings. Maybe the writer could rewrite that first paragraph, in case it would offend Creed staff/members/family,... Take care too.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:19 PM   #15
allison
USER INFO »
I do think that assuming Scott is near the point of a breakdown may be going a little too far, yes, and maybe that first paragraph should be re-written a little. But I also think that the intentions are purely good and the idea of showing Scott and Creed our unconditional support is great.

No, Marcos, thank YOU!