++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
The Lithium
The Lithium's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Arms Wide Open
Posts: 5,301
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to The Lithium
Stapp: "I keep contact with the guys"

I think that I might not be 100% updated with this, but, as far as I know, I haven't seen anyone talkin' about this on any forum...

Head over to: PassionBreedsFollowers.com and check the news!! Download Stapp's phone-interview and the news video clip from VH1. He says some really interessting stuff!!

"Yeah sure I keep contact with the guys", when AB says, "No, haven't spoken to him in months".

He also appologized for the break up!!
__________________
//The Lithium - www.myspace.com/thelithium

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 173
Joined: Jun 2004
Currently: Offline
Thanks for the information. Stapp never says when the last time he spoke to AB so it could've been in February I think he is trying to give the viewpoint that it no hard feelings between him and AB. In addition, AB has stated the same thing which I think is smart for Stapp because this can maybe end some of the divide among Creed fans. He also in a different interview states that he always keeps the option open for a Creed reunion, again I believe done in a effort to spread some positive feedback from the public. However, I think listening to him and seeing him in recent pictures that a big burden has been lifted from him with the break up of Creed he looks great and sounds so much happier it's nice to see his true and funny personality come across to us the fans.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 11:33 PM   #3
Torn Signs
Torn Signs's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 527
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
I believe Stapp said something similar to, "Mark is my son's Uncle. I do not think a business relationship would mix up the family one," in terms to having been in contact with the other members recently.
__________________
Creed Reunion Tour 2009

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #4
Higher_Desire
Higher_Desire's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Found Peace
Posts: 8,723
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Torn Signs) I believe Stapp said something similar to, "Mark is my son's Uncle. I do not think a business relationship would mix up the family one," in terms to having been in contact with the other members recently.
That's about right. Here's a transcript quote:
Interviewer: "Have you spoken to them at all since the breakup of Creed?"
Scott: "Oh yeah. Definetly."
Interviewer: "Cool. Cool."
Scott: "You know, Mark is 'Uncle Mark' to my baby boy, ya know, so, uh, I'd hate to think that, uh, ya know, uh, a departure from a working relationship temporarily, and I say 'temoporarily' in that the door's always open, and that's something that maybe the public doesn't know, but, um, I wouldn't think that that would end a friendship and end a family relationship, and that's what we had."


H-D
__________________

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late


--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
cool interview and he does have a good sense of humour. I AM IRON MAN! very cool that lost keyword records are donating 250 g's to charity.
__________________
She never told a lie,
Well, might of told a lie.
But never lived one.
Didnít have a life.
Didnít have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now itís time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie

Last edited by handmedown : 08-21-2004 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #6
Shadow
Shadow's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Strong Inside
Posts: 1,545
Joined: Feb 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Shadow
PBF has obtained, exclusively, the full interview that took place. It's about 15 minutes longer then the one that was broadcast. Look for it over at PBF over the next few weeks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
Bridge of Clay
Bridge of Clay's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,025
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
what's different? I have the transcription but I don't think it already had the extra bits...
__________________
.:: "If people don't like guitar solos... then they're frikkin' stupid!" - Mark Tremonti ::.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:57 PM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) That's about right. Here's a transcript quote:
Interviewer: "Have you spoken to them at all since the breakup of Creed?"
Scott: "Oh yeah. Definetly."
Interviewer: "Cool. Cool."
Scott: "You know, Mark is 'Uncle Mark' to my baby boy, ya know, so, uh, I'd hate to think that, uh, ya know, uh, a departure from a working relationship temporarily, and I say 'temoporarily' in that the door's always open, and that's something that maybe the public doesn't know, but, um, I wouldn't think that that would end a friendship and end a family relationship, and that's what we had."
seems a tid bit uncertain if you ask me
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:17 AM   #9
Shadow
Shadow's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Strong Inside
Posts: 1,545
Joined: Feb 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Shadow
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) what's different? I have the transcription but I don't think it already had the extra bits...
Marcos, the newer version of the interview is not up yet. Check PBF by the end of the week or possibly next week.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 04:49 PM   #10
The Lithium
The Lithium's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Arms Wide Open
Posts: 5,301
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to The Lithium
Yeah, Stapp says "of course I've talked to them", and AB says "no, not since the breakup". Sorry Stapp, I believe AB.
__________________
//The Lithium - www.myspace.com/thelithium

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:33 PM   #11
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 173
Joined: Jun 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Yeah, Stapp says "of course I've talked to them", and AB says "no, not since the breakup". Sorry Stapp, I believe AB.

I think you need to re read the transcript the interviewer asked if he has spoken to AB since the break up he says yes and also AB acknowledge that they have spoken to him. AB said February because they were asked when and Stapp was never asked when he spoke to AB last just if he had.

What is he lying about?
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:40 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Heh, this situation, like the others, is a total he said/she said. Michael just posted over at Steve's AB board that there has been no phone contact between Scott and his former bandmates since February.

http://www.alterbridgerocks.com/comm...p?t=638&page=2
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:19 PM   #13
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 173
Joined: Jun 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Heh, this situation, like the others, is a total he said/she said. Michael just posted over at Steve's AB board that there has been no phone contact between Scott and his former bandmates since February.

http://www.alterbridgerocks.com/comm...p?t=638&page=2

Again this is not a he said/she said please listen to the interview again. Because this will start another nasty rumor. Stapp never says when he spoke to AB last he the interviewer simply asked if he had spoke to AB since the break and Stapp states yes and then the part about Mark that's it. Nothing further. When I heard the interview I simply took at it that he spoke to AB and probably the last time was in February give the guy a break!!!!

Anyhow in one of AB interview I may be mistaken but they said the last time they spoken to Stapp was January. Know Michael is saying February so for all we know it could be yesterday.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:46 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by musiclover291) Again this is not a he said/she said please listen to the interview again. Because this will start another nasty rumor. Stapp never says when he spoke to AB last he the interviewer simply asked if he had spoke to AB since the break and Stapp states yes and then the part about Mark that's it. Nothing further. When I heard the interview I simply took at it that he spoke to AB and probably the last time was in February give the guy a break!!!!

Anyhow in one of AB interview I may be mistaken but they said the last time they spoken to Stapp was January. Know Michael is saying February so for all we know it could be yesterday.

Sheesh, lighten the hell up, already! I wasn't trying to start anything or point fingers. I was simply adding to the information from what Michael said. All he said was the last time they spoke by phone!
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #15
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 173
Joined: Jun 2004
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Sheesh, lighten the hell up, already! I wasn't trying to start anything or point fingers. I was simply adding to the information from what Michael said. All he said was the last time they spoke by phone!

Sorry if I seem uptight about it but it just seems like the interview is being taken to the extreme. When Stapp stated very little about his contact with AB.
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scott Interview.. Lucy Scott Stapp Talk 27 08-17-2007 02:58 PM
Stapp's version on the Creed break-up! Bridge of Clay Creed Talk 45 11-17-2005 07:33 PM
Scott Breaks His Silence to MTV Shadow Scott Stapp Talk 76 08-19-2004 09:13 PM
Scott Stapp Christian interview MrSeeker Scott Stapp Talk 4 08-17-2004 02:38 PM
new article about stapp on yahoo.com chafin24 Creed Talk 18 04-23-2004 03:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.