++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2004, 06:49 PM   #61
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) L M F A O !!!!!!!!!

And yes Steve, thank you again. Sami and I were at that meet & greet, and Mark has not changed any of what he has said. He has been honest and told the truth from day one. And sometimes the truth hurts.


Yep, but "the truth will set you free" now they can speak freely and do so as they have with class!

Go Michael! LOL
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:01 PM   #62
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 92
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Sorry, I'm feeling pretty chatty today. Here is something I still don't understand... why is it that everyone tries to make this out to be a Mark vs. Scott thing? Last time I checked Brian and Flip were not chained up in the recording studio. They are doing Alter Bridge of thier own free will as are Creed's former managers, Creed's former accountants, Creed's former production crew, Creed's former tour manager, sound man, bodyguards, guitar techs, monitor people, and I could go on. Many, many people have rallied around Alter Bridge because they believe , as I do, in the passion and the quality of the music to come. This is not a conspiracy, folks. I think that any fan of Creed will completely fall in love with these new songs. I have not heard Stapp's stuff yet, but if he is indeed truly working with the Tea Party, I think it will be awesome. I have all the respect in the world for the Tea Party guys and if you haven't checked out one of thier CD's yet you are missing out because they rock!!

Michael
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #63
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
I don't understand the taking of sides, either, Michael, but for some reason, it happens. Creed wouldn't have been Creed without the contributions of all of the members.
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:19 PM   #64
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 92
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
The other thing I don't understand is all this who is classier? Mark or Scott? Who really took the high road? While I'm sure it's very entertaining to debate there is a simple truth to this. Mark and Scott are two different people with two different personalities. Scott is more careful, always choosing his words and very concious of his public image, while Mark is more straight up publicly. Is either bad? I don't think so. I think we, as people, tend to identify with them differently based on how our personalities are. Some like Stapps public image because he is safe and almost gallant while others like Mark because he reminds you of the guy next door who is honest and hard working. It comes down to the simple fact that these guys are adults and are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. If Stapp has a problem with anything Mark or Flip or me or anyone else said ...well he has all our #'s. I'm sure he'd call us. So lets not try to get bent out of shape about all of this. I'ts over. Creed is done and now we have all kinds of cool music from these guys to look foreward to.

Michael
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:25 PM   #65
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 92
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Phew, I'm going to head to the studio to watch Alter Bridge record, kick my feet up, and have a beer. Have a nice evening everyone. Oh by the way, if anyone wants to paste my recent posts over at PBF bb, since I can't, you have my permission. Maybe they'll see I'm not such a bad guy after all, maybe they'll still dislike me, who knows. Have a nice evening everyone.

Michael
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:28 PM   #66
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
"The other thing I don't understand is all this who is classier? Mark or Scott? Who really took the high road?"

I don't know if this was directed to me or not, but I want to clarify what I meant. By the interviews I have seen I think that he has showed alot of class, and tact on his former band mate. Just want to make sure that I am understood.

I don't want to bicker, or put anyone up higher than anyone else. I agree when Stapp's music comes out, I will be listening to it.

I wish all of them well, and good luck in the future what ever it is they do.

Enjoy your night Michael! I can't wait to I can hear it too!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:29 PM   #67
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Status: Naked Toddler
Posts: 204
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
My remarks were in response to Steve.

I have not chosen sides; I wish both men equal success.

But as someone who was at the meet & greet, knows what she was told and was not mistaken in what she heard, and has stood by it since last November despite the nasty remarks and name calling, it was refreshing to be backed up. For once.
__________________
~Alicia~

Last edited by RockGoddess : 06-05-2004 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:31 PM   #68
SistahSami
USER INFO »
Status: Unspoken
Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
[quote=RockGoddess]My remarks were in response to Steve.

I have not chosen sides; I wish both men equal success.

But as someone who was at the meet & greet, knows what she was told and was not mistaken in what she heard, and has stood by it since last November despite the nasty remarks and name calling, it was refreshing to be backed up. For once.

Amen to that Licia!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:44 PM   #69
Higher_Desire
Higher_Desire's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Found Peace
Posts: 8,723
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Sorry, I'm feeling pretty chatty today. Here is something I still don't understand... why is it that everyone tries to make this out to be a Mark vs. Scott thing? Last time I checked Brian and Flip were not chained up in the recording studio.
IMO, It has become a Mark vs. Scott thing because they're the only two we ever hear from. It's not exactly a well-kept secret that Stapp's head has gotten larger over the years, and Mark gives updates when he sees fans and they ask him (or so it seems). Scott Phillips, Brian Marshall, Myles Kennedy, and Brett Hestla all seem to be extremly quit on the whole topic.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) They are doing Alter Bridge of thier own free will as are Creed's former managers, Creed's former accountants, Creed's former production crew, Creed's former tour manager, sound man, bodyguards, guitar techs, monitor people, and I could go on.
By any chance, do any of them have an opening for an experienced lighting & sound tech, security personnel, or roadie?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Many, many people have rallied around Alter Bridge because they believe , as I do, in the passion and the quality of the music to come. This is not a conspiracy, folks. I think that any fan of Creed will completely fall in love with these new songs.
That's what I'm hoping for.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) I have not heard Stapp's stuff yet, but if he is indeed truly working with the Tea Party, I think it will be awesome. I have all the respect in the world for the Tea Party guys and if you haven't checked out one of thier CD's yet you are missing out because they rock!!

Michael
Who the heck is Tea Party? I've never heard of them. Do you think you may get to hear some of his stuff in the not to extremely distant future?


Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Phew, I'm going to head to the studio to watch Alter Bridge record, kick my feet up, and have a beer.
Want some company? I'd be happy to chill with you at the studio!


H-D
__________________

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late


--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:03 PM   #70
Shadow
Shadow's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Strong Inside
Posts: 1,545
Joined: Feb 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Shadow
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) as are Creed's former managers, Creed's former accountants, Creed's former production crew, Creed's former tour manager, sound man, bodyguards, guitar techs, monitor people, and I could go on. Many, many people have rallied around Alter Bridge because they believe , as I do, in the passion and the quality of the music to come.
They also needed jobs because Creed disbanded.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:05 PM   #71
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Heh,
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:24 PM   #72
Bridge of Clay
Bridge of Clay's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,025
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Michael, I'm with ya. I don't get this side taking, I wish equally all of them well
__________________
.:: "If people don't like guitar solos... then they're frikkin' stupid!" - Mark Tremonti ::.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:32 PM   #73
Bridge of Clay
Bridge of Clay's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,025
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Marcos, I don't think I ever took what you said out of context.


I know. But when I read my post again today I didn't like the way it sounded. I'm having trouble picking the right words. You know this subject is delicated and I want to do it right.

But as I said, I wish Alter Bridge and Stapp all the best! I'll dig their music, no matter what happened. What's done is done.
__________________
.:: "If people don't like guitar solos... then they're frikkin' stupid!" - Mark Tremonti ::.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:40 PM   #74
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Posts: 328
Joined: Mar 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via Yahoo to Jooji_2
Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) I disagree with you Jooji in that I think it was a huge blunder on Stapp's part not to get his side out. I think that if Stapp had done that the article might have taken a more positive turn. I also hope you watch the MTV news segment that airs at 5:50pm eastern. It is a full 2 min segment where MTV basically says that Mark took the high road when it came to speaking about Scott. Also more clips of the interview are aired as well as mention about the situation with Brian being back. MTV also states in this segment that Stapp was asked "numerous times" to be interviewed but declined. Check it out and see what you think.

Michael

Dude.....I read the article....I don't need to watch the video. If he took the high road.....I'd hate to hear what taking the low road would have been. Like I said...Stapp would know how an interview with MTV would turn out. Kinda like all the others he's done with MTV. I hope he'll look for a more unbiased forum to air his side of the story...that is, if there is an unbiased forum when it comes to Stapp.....I'm beginning to wonder why the hell that is??????? Sorry....I'm being honest about how what I read came across to me.....I'm not the only one. I realize going on first impressions isn't always fair....but in this case I think I got the message,loud and clear....I'm sad to say. I wasn't impressed.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:51 PM   #75
Shadow
Shadow's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Strong Inside
Posts: 1,545
Joined: Feb 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Shadow
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I know. But when I read my post again today I didn't like the way it sounded. I'm having trouble picking the right words. You know this subject is delicated and I want to do it right.

But as I said, I wish Alter Bridge and Stapp all the best! I'll dig their music, no matter what happened. What's done is done.
It is a delicate subject Marcos. However, I think the tension is now gone because the announcement was finally made. I hesitate and read and re-read what I write before I post it. Each of us has our own opinion and things get said and rub people the wrong way. I know I've gotten into a couple of battles about it. (Mainly because of the way I defend Stapp). But since yesterday, everything really has taken a different "feel". It's been a pleasure to come here (since yesterday) and "debate" as opposed to argue.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics of My Guitar and Creed Posters DangerousDan85 Chat-O-Rama 21 03-12-2007 11:17 PM
Stapp's version on the Creed break-up! Bridge of Clay Creed Talk 45 11-17-2005 07:33 PM
You're a Creed freak if... The Lithium Creed Talk 50 10-24-2004 07:11 AM
Creed Rocks! infinitejest56 Creed Talk 26 05-26-2004 12:05 AM
Serious: Stapp is out of The Passion of Christ album. PRESS RELEASE Bridge of Clay Creed Talk 25 03-17-2004 09:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.