++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2004, 09:50 AM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
need help with some strange Torn lyrics

there is a file over at www.tremonti.net under the mark audio section of an intro to Torn with Scott singing some fairly biazarre yet hard to make out lyrics. Does anybody know what he is saying? thanks in advance.......
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:25 AM   #2
GeeK_2004
GeeK_2004's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,867
Joined: Jan 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via Yahoo to GeeK_2004
I
__________________


So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:50 PM   #3
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
it sounds like the first thing he says is "I saw a river ____"... then the rest is fairly unclear
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) it sounds like the first thing he says is "I saw a river ____"... then the rest is fairly unclear

sounds like something about finding home a little later on but its so hard to make out...if it i saw a river maybe it was the beginning of the evolution of faceless man? michael helllppp uuss!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:03 PM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) if it i saw a river maybe it was the beginning of the evolution of faceless man?
i was thinking the same thing! great minds think alike, i suppose
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:15 PM   #6
Dark_Knight
Dark_Knight's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Wound Up
Posts: 1,081
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to Dark_Knight
I don't think hes saying I saw a river, but I know he's saying "I saw" in the beginning. I've been listening to it a lot and I think he's saying "I saw it all" then after that its "To" something. Then after that I think he says something like "There" or "There wrong". But "there wrong" wouldn't make sense I dont' think. Anyways thats my opinion. Maybe someone can mess around with the audio and figure it out!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #7
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) i was thinking the same thing! great minds think alike, i suppose

hehe yeah right on! its nearly impossible to make out, someone HELP us!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:08 AM   #8
Jez
Jez's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: INK'ed
Posts: 785
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
"I found it hard....to be.....(unintelligable word)"


I've listened to this intro from many old boots so many times that I take it for granted.
I was just listening to another old one (Torn) and he was singing, "I found it hard....to feed my soul....to feed my soul"
And on another it was, "I found a reason...to feed my soul"

Hope this helps
__________________
~~I know I have something free.....I have something so alive.....~~

Creed~~Bullets
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 05:48 AM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) "I found it hard....to be.....(unintelligable word)"


I've listened to this intro from many old boots so many times that I take it for granted.
I was just listening to another old one (Torn) and he was singing, "I found it hard....to feed my soul....to feed my soul"
And on another it was, "I found a reason...to feed my soul"

Hope this helps

thanks Jez that does help a bit, that seem to fit with the song's lyrics of overcoming. I wish we could find out exactly what he is saying.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:01 PM   #10
Steve
Administrator
Steve's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,293
Joined: Dec 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I just listened to a bunch of my old boots from 97/98 and some have a longer version of an intro to Torn and some are shorter. In general they all say

I found it hard...
to feed my...
to feed my...
soul.

(he drags on the word "my" and finishes the second time with "soul")

In a few of the intros from early 98 it sounds like he says a bit more but the audio isn't the best quality and it's hard to pick up what he's saying under the guitar sound.

edit>>

Ok, I've labeled each show and what it sounds like he's saying. Anything in brackets [ and ] are words that I can't quite make out.

12.14.1997 - "I've found no reason... I've found no [lies]"

12.06.1997 - "I found [it] one day"

01.18.1998 - "I found it [?? day]. Your time to find [it]"

01.20.1998 - "I found it [hard (then a bunch of other words)].

02.13.1998 - "I found it hard [down in] my soul. [Yeah...]"

02.25.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my, to feed my soul"

03.05.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my soul, to feed my soul"

03.27.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my soul, to feed my soul"

The few other shows where he does an intro also say the above words. It seems like early on he was saying more, but then settled for "I found it hard to feed my soul, to feed my soul."
__________________
-Steve

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 04-14-2004 at 01:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 10:55 AM   #11
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) I just listened to a bunch of my old boots from 97/98 and some have a longer version of an intro to Torn and some are shorter. In general they all say

I found it hard...
to feed my...
to feed my...
soul.

(he drags on the word "my" and finishes the second time with "soul")

In a few of the intros from early 98 it sounds like he says a bit more but the audio isn't the best quality and it's hard to pick up what he's saying under the guitar sound.

edit>>

Ok, I've labeled each show and what it sounds like he's saying. Anything in brackets [ and ] are words that I can't quite make out.

12.14.1997 - "I've found no reason... I've found no [lies]"

12.06.1997 - "I found [it] one day"

01.18.1998 - "I found it [?? day]. Your time to find [it]"

01.20.1998 - "I found it [hard (then a bunch of other words)].

02.13.1998 - "I found it hard [down in] my soul. [Yeah...]"

02.25.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my, to feed my soul"

03.05.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my soul, to feed my soul"

03.27.1998 - "I found it hard, to feed my soul, to feed my soul"

The few other shows where he does an intro also say the above words. It seems like early on he was saying more, but then settled for "I found it hard to feed my soul, to feed my soul."

thanks Steve you rock, I wasen't expecting so much detail!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:34 AM   #12
Steve
Administrator
Steve's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,293
Joined: Dec 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Neither was I till I got interested in it heh
__________________
-Steve

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:08 PM   #13
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,979
Joined: Mar 2004
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to aussiecreeder
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Neither was I till I got interested in it heh

sweet we both learnt something then!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #14
Redeemer
Redeemer's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: INK'ed
Posts: 900
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Then after that I think he says something like "There" or "There wrong". But "there wrong" wouldn't make sense I dont' think.
It could be "They're wrong" instead...possibly...
__________________
I don't even know what to put here anymore.
Let's just say it's been a while. It's always been a while. But I'm glad to have known y'all.
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misunderstood Creed Lyrics Of Our Own Creed_Defaultgirl Creed Talk 62 04-07-2006 09:37 PM
Relearn Love ~ Official Lyrics Shadow Creed Talk 10 08-07-2004 07:33 AM
Lyrics for Relearn Love Shadow Creed Talk 23 08-04-2004 09:00 AM
Official Lyrics of "Open Your Eyes" The Lithium Creed Talk 12 07-27-2004 02:56 PM
where to search for lyrics? CreedH8er Chat-O-Rama 10 02-23-2004 08:32 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.