++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

View Poll Results: Which game system, w/ GTA: Vice City in mind?
PS2 9 75.00%
XBox 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2004, 02:39 PM   #1
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
XBox or PS2?

Whadday'all think? XBox ($149.99) or PS2 ($179.99)? Anyone played GTA: Vice City on both and can make a recommendation based on this?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:43 PM   #2
Higher_Desire
Higher_Desire's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Found Peace
Posts: 8,723
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
I voted for PS2, because I've been a PSX boy since about '99, and got to see the PS2 in it's early stages, and before the general public knew about the development of them, but XBox's are really good too. I'm not so much into video games now though.


H-D
__________________

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late


--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #3
WeatheredWoman
WeatheredWoman's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,724
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Ok I voted for PS2 too... 'cause I only know Vice City on that platform and I loved playing it. I'm very fond of playing videogames... My sons have got a GameCube and PS2... (SNES, Gameboy and Nintendo 64 are still playing strong!)

I play videogames since Atari but I'm actually die-hard on videogames since 1989... I went beserk on the SNES (Legend of Zelda: A link to the past)... and after that there was no stopping me!! I just finished FFX... and I started FFX-2!! (It's released here in March) Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2....

Yeah... I love the action/adventures the most. But love to play multi-players too... All time fav for multi-player is Perfect Dark on the 64!

Racing games are ok too! Destruction Derby (Arena's), Need for Speed Underground, Midnight Club etc. etc.

Oh man I can go on and on and on and on about it! The only games I don't play are Sportsgames like NBA, FIFA, Soccer etc.

Well maybe we'll have a X-box too in the future but I'm not that crazy 'bout those HUUUUUUGE controllers LOL!!
__________________
________________________
______________________________

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...


The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:46 PM   #4
Steve
Administrator
Steve's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Prophet Man
Posts: 3,293
Joined: Dec 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I've heard good things about GTA on the PC...
__________________
-Steve

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:50 PM   #5
SCOTTSMYMAN
SCOTTSMYMAN's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,846
Joined: Jan 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SCOTTSMYMAN
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Ok I voted for PS2 too... 'cause I only know Vice City on that platform and I loved playing it. I'm very fond of playing videogames... My sons have got a GameCube and PS2... (SNES, Gameboy and Nintendo 64 are still playing strong!)

I play videogames since Atari but I'm actually die-hard on videogames since 1989... I went beserk on the SNES (Legend of Zelda: A link to the past)... and after that there was no stopping me!! I just finished FFX... and I started FFX-2!! (It's released here in March) Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2....

Yeah... I love the action/adventures the most. But love to play multi-players too... All time fav for multi-player is Perfect Dark on the 64!

Racing games are ok too! Destruction Derby (Arena's), Need for Speed Underground, Midnight Club etc. etc.

Oh man I can go on and on and on and on about it! The only games I don't play are Sportsgames like NBA, FIFA, Soccer etc.

Well maybe we'll have a X-box too in the future but I'm not that crazy 'bout those HUUUUUUGE controllers LOL!!

They way you are going on and on about video games, you and my hubby could chat for hours. I also went for the PS2 only because it's what he plays on the most besides being on the PC.
Stef, I have to say though you named almost all of his favorite games. You can't even being to imagine how long I have been watching him play, Final Fanatsy. Many, many years now! The XBox is the only system we don't have , YET! He is determined to get it.
__________________

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:44 PM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
yeah, i've played Vice City on one of my roommates' PS2, it's pretty fucking sweet, and i'm used to all the controls and cheats and all (and i could copy my roommate's memory card so as to advance to a completely unlocked game)... but i've heard from a few people who've played it for xbox that it's even better, and w/ xbox now being $30 cheaper (plus, w/ Halo only being for xbox), i dunno.... anyone out there who's played gta:vc on xbox as well as on ps2?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 08:24 PM   #7
Xterminator27
Xterminator27's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,310
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
get a gamecube

Get Vice City for PC (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Better than PS2 or FatBox)
__________________
If life gives you lemons,

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 09:49 PM   #8
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
gamecube??? are you kidding me??? fuck that!!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #9
WeatheredWoman
WeatheredWoman's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,724
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) gamecube??? are you kidding me??? fuck that!!!

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... I have to agree with X on this!! GameCube is fantastic: graphically, playable, multiplayer... but there are sooooooo much more games for PS2... and cheaper ones! The development of games is quicker too. So that was the main reason for us to buy a PS2 too! (Also for playing DVD's) But the quality of games on the Cube is much much better!! It's a pity that they've fallen behind (Nintendo) IMO
__________________
________________________
______________________________

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...


The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:58 AM   #10
WeatheredWoman
WeatheredWoman's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Shackled Hero
Posts: 2,724
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN) They way you are going on and on about video games, you and my hubby could chat for hours. I also went for the PS2 only because it's what he plays on the most besides being on the PC.
Stef, I have to say though you named almost all of his favorite games. You can't even being to imagine how long I have been watching him play, Final Fanatsy. Many, many years now! The XBox is the only system we don't have , YET! He is determined to get it.

Oooohh there are so many great games... and they
cost sooooo much money But it's soooo worth it!

Kris why don't you start playing Final Fantasy yourself?? I looooove those
games... I started out with Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES (16 bit)

I was so anxious for FFX-2... just like a little child LOL!! And now we finally got it! Yeah I'm addicted for sure!
Once one of my sons friends came to our house and I was playing on the PS2, Tekken3 I think... and his mouth went all the way down... haha... he looked at me and said: "Huh?? Since when do parents play videogames???" He was sooo surprised... I almost LMAO!!!
__________________
________________________
______________________________

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...


The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 01:16 PM   #11
SCOTTSMYMAN
SCOTTSMYMAN's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Rising Sun
Posts: 3,846
Joined: Jan 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to SCOTTSMYMAN
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) Oooohh there are so many great games... and they
cost sooooo much money But it's soooo worth it!

Kris why don't you start playing Final Fantasy yourself?? I looooove those
games... I started out with Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES (16 bit)

I was so anxious for FFX-2... just like a little child LOL!! And now we finally got it! Yeah I'm addicted for sure!
Once one of my sons friends came to our house and I was playing on the PS2, Tekken3 I think... and his mouth went all the way down... haha... he looked at me and said: "Huh?? Since when do parents play videogames???" He was sooo surprised... I almost LMAO!!!
I prefer to watch Steve play. It's more fun that way for me. The only game I ever really got into was Chrono Trigger for SNES. I loved that game soooo much. Would play for hours and I mean hours. They finally made a newer version called Chrono Cross ,but I just don't really have the time to play. Sara is only 2 and gets into way too much trouble for me not to have every eye on her. Amanda my oldest and her father play together all the time. I like it best when she kicks his a$$ on Dragonball. It's fun just to watch them!!
__________________

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:26 PM   #12
Lechium
Lechium's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Bound and Tied
Posts: 2,293
Joined: Feb 2003
Currently: Offline
PS2 has more good games for it... xbox has a few, but too few...
__________________
You bet I look good on the dance floor.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #13
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I voted for PS2, only because I have one, and I think the X-Box controllers are hideous.

I haven't played the newest Vice City, but it sounds bad ass I want to buy it. I've said this before but I mostly only play car games, (and some wrestling, but I can only be Jeff Hardy as I suck at all the others) they are the only games that interest me really, I love fast cars
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 10:36 PM   #14
RMadd
USER INFO »
Status: Found The Real
Posts: 10,614
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
hmmm.... looks like the general consensus thus far is PS2... the controller is the one thing i dislike about xbox, and i'm used to gta on PS2 controllers... hopefully it'll become cheaper in the next few weeks (i'm not gonna buy it 'til i finish my 2 big research papers, so as to keep myself from being so easily distracted)
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 03:57 AM   #15
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
I'm sure you could get used to the X-Box controllers fast but I like the original Playstation controllers because they are nice and easy to handle
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.