++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2004, 02:42 PM   #16
velocityidp
velocityidp's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 488
Joined: Nov 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to velocityidp
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Sorry I know you are taking your turn in this, I apologise, but it's just all this talk, it's what has caused the arguments, the tension, the hurting on this board. The sooner this is over the better, the sooner something is out from the band the happier I will be, look I apologise again, this has just really got to me today for some reason.

No problem, I understand. As far as the other guy goes, I would not go so far as saying I hate Scott Stapp.... It's just that ever since Chicago I think of him in a different light. I really wish that Creed gets back together in the future (with all the members), but I think the only way it will happen is if Stapp becomes more emotionally/physically stable and defers more control to the other members of the band.
__________________
I can't find the ryhme in all my reason
Lost sense of time and all seasons
Feel I've been beaten down
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 01-17-2004 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 10:09 PM   #17
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) No problem, I understand. As far as the other guy goes, I would not go so far as saying I hate Scott Stapp.... It's just that ever since Chicago I think of him in a different light. I really wish that Creed gets back together in the future (with all the members), but I think the only way it will happen is if Stapp becomes more emotionally/physically stable and defers more control to the other members of the band.
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:02 PM   #18
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) oh haley girl you took the words right out of my mouth THANk YOU

It just get's too much sometimes
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:05 PM   #19
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) It just get's too much sometimes
i know
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:07 PM   #20
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) No problem, I understand. As far as the other guy goes, I would not go so far as saying I hate Scott Stapp.... It's just that ever since Chicago I think of him in a different light. I really wish that Creed gets back together in the future (with all the members), but I think the only way it will happen is if Stapp becomes more emotionally/physically stable and defers more control to the other members of the band.

Ever since Chicago, I haven't lost respect for Stapp, I just feel sorry for him. Let's not even mention Chicago.

I know this is you sharing your opinions, but how can you say, "I think the only way it will happen is if Stapp becomes more emotionally/phisically stable" Come on dude, you don't see it all behind the eyes of the band. You can't see into the hearts of their personal lives. You can't say that, if Stapp hasn't been "Emotionally and physically stable" Don't you think they would have left and done solo albums much more quickly than this? It just doesn't make sence to me what you are trying to say, how you are interpreting these things.
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:10 PM   #21
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Ever since Chicago, I haven't lost respect for Stapp, I just feel sorry for him. Let's not even mention Chicago.

I know this is you sharing your opinions, but how can you say, "I think the only way it will happen is if Stapp becomes more emotionally/phisically stable" Come on dude, you don't see it all behind the eyes of the band. You can't see into the hearts of their personal lives. You can't say that, if Stapp hasn't been "Emotionally and physically stable" Don't you think they would have left and done solo albums much more quickly than this? It just doesn't make sence to me what you are trying to say, how you are interpreting these things.
because haley shes a dumb
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:12 PM   #22
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Uh-oh lol
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:19 PM   #23
velocityidp
velocityidp's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 488
Joined: Nov 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to velocityidp
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) It just doesn't make sence to me what you are trying to say, how you are interpreting these things.

Makes a lot of sense to me... I don't claim to know his heart -- nobody can but him. I'm just looking at what's happened. Were you at the Penn State Show? At Chicago? Haven't you noticed Stapp's voice faltering over the past few months? The fact that Mark/Stapp aren't talking to each other? The fact that the band is separating? I also think the amount of (dis)respect they get in the "rock community" is another factor that perhaps caused the separation. We all know fans and non-fans realize that Stapp has a bit of an ego... don't you think it's *possible* that it might be a factor?

Hey, I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm an old school Creed fan, but I'm not afraid to speak my mind. Oh, and creedsister, I'm a 24 yr old male. Not female.
__________________
I can't find the ryhme in all my reason
Lost sense of time and all seasons
Feel I've been beaten down
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 01-17-2004 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:22 PM   #24
Jez
Jez's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: INK'ed
Posts: 785
Joined: Aug 2003
Currently: Offline
You spelled separating correctly.....matter of fact I think that you spelled every word in your post correctly. I think I love you.
__________________
~~I know I have something free.....I have something so alive.....~~

Creed~~Bullets
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:25 PM   #25
velocityidp
velocityidp's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 488
Joined: Nov 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to velocityidp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) You spelled separating correctly.....matter of fact I think that you spelled every word in your post correctly. I think I love you.

Huh? lol
__________________
I can't find the ryhme in all my reason
Lost sense of time and all seasons
Feel I've been beaten down
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:26 PM   #26
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
That's the thing, maybe you shouldn't think out loud so often.

No, I didn't go to Chicago, I live in New Zealand. I haven't heard any live concerts by Creed over the last few months, any interviews, or any recent audio from Scott Stapp, so I obviously wouldn't be able to notice his voice faltering.

The fact that Mark and Stapp aren't talking...fuck, here we go again. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, SO JUST LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!!

And I don't think that it's a possibility, no, not really. The "rock community". Creed have had alot of critics, alot of bashers over the years, they have taken alot of crap for what they do, you think that some "disrespect" would worry them and lead to a break up? I seriously doubt it.
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:37 PM   #27
velocityidp
velocityidp's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Faceless Fan
Posts: 488
Joined: Nov 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to velocityidp
Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) That's the thing, maybe you shouldn't think out loud so often.

Thinking out loud is great, especially on message boards. If you don't like me thinking out loud, why reply? It just gets me thinking more.

Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) No, I didn't go to Chicago, I live in New Zealand.

You'd understand a little more if you were there. Penn State show too. The show was one thing, but Stapp's subsequent voicemails and letters to reporters, plus his appearances on shows like the Abrams Report -- where he completely denied being intoxicated and that he was just "expressing" himself -- was quite telling of his nature, as far as I'm concerned. Judging from that very high-profile and serious incident/response, I would conclude he's the kind of guy that doesn't like to admit he's wrong. Did that nature contribute to Creed's separation? I think it very well could have.

Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) The fact that Mark and Stapp aren't talking...fuck, here we go again. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, SO JUST LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!!

Well, if you believe Mark's brother (i.e. the info surrounding the Creed separation), then you have to believe everything he says. Micheal said that both Stapp and Mark "have gone their separate ways." Sounds fairly cut-and-dry to me.


Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) And I don't think that it's a possibility, no, not really....you think that some "disrespect" would worry them and lead to a break up? I seriously doubt it.

Come now... if you're a musician and you consistently get negative reviews and popular *hatred* (not just disrespect) from a lot of rock fans, you don't think it has any effect at all? I think it had at least something to do with it.
__________________
I can't find the ryhme in all my reason
Lost sense of time and all seasons
Feel I've been beaten down
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 01-17-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:45 PM   #28
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Thinking out loud is great, especially on message boards. If you don't like me thinking out loud, why reply? It just gets me thinking more.



You'd understand a little more if you were there. Penn State show too. The show was one thing, but Stapp's subsequent voicemails and letters to reporters, plus his appearances on shows like the Abrams Report -- where he completely denied being intoxicated and that he was just "expressing" himself -- was quite telling of his nature, as far as I'm concerned. Judging from that very high-profile and serious incident/response, I would conclude he's the kind of guy that doesn't like to admit he's wrong. Did that nature contribute to Creed's separation? I think it very well could have.



Well, if you believe Mark's brother (i.e. the info surrounding the Creed separation), then you have to believe everything he says. Micheal said that both Stapp and Mark "have gone their separate ways." Sounds fairly cut-and-dry to me.




Come now... if you're a musician and you consistently get negative reviews and popular *hatred* (not just disrespect) from a lot of rock fans, you don't think it has any effect at all? I think it had at least something to do with it.
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:50 PM   #29
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Thinking out loud is great, especially on message boards. If you don't like me thinking out loud, why reply? It just gets me thinking more.
I didn't say that you shouldn't think out loud, no kidding that's what message boards are for, but maybe you shouldn't think out loud as often as you do.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) was a very telling of his nature, as far as I'm concerned. Judging from that very high-profile and serious incident, I would conclude he's the kind of guy that doesn't like to admit he's wrong.
Conclude, conclude, conclude. Is that really all you ever do? So maybe Stapp doesn't like to admit he's wrong. I haven't really taken that into consideration and thought that maybe he's one that acts like that, I highly doubt it, but you can think what you like.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Micheal said that both Stapp and Mark "have gone their separate ways." Sounds fairly cut-and-dry to me.
Yes but there's more to it. Things that we don't know.

Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) Come now... if you're a musician and you consistently get negative reviews and popular *hatred* (not just disrespect) from a lot of rock fans, you don't think it has any effect at all? I think it had at least something to do with it.
Oh, you are talking about disrespect from the fans! I thought you were talking about getting that from the critics, etc. But wait a second, wait a second. You have picked up hatred, and disrespect from the fans. How much "hatred" have you picked up on, exactly?

There's no hatred and disrespect toward Scott, Flip, OR Mark, from true fans on this board. I know you didn't exactly mention this boad, but I'm just saying
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 11:53 PM   #30
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
thats right
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm Back... Wylde-Tremonti Chat-O-Rama 19 09-09-2004 04:55 PM
Hey I'm Back! Jester Chat-O-Rama 8 07-15-2004 12:49 PM
Back To & Again Torn Signs Waxing Poetica 2 06-08-2004 09:26 PM
I'm back! :) PaulMcCoygirl Chat-O-Rama 12 04-02-2004 01:43 AM
Take a step back here... velocityidp Creed Talk 3 01-14-2004 02:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.