++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2004, 09:13 PM   #46
creedlvr
creedlvr's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Blue Collar
Posts: 706
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) amen AND AMEN
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 09:30 PM   #47
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 164
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
What is up with these stapp nut? Seriously, I'm not a stapp nut, I'm a creed nut. Which quite blutly means that look to whats best for CREED, not stapp. Altough stapp is a core of creed I hope he has much sucsess with his project also.

Am I aside from like 5 other people the only people here very optumistic about this new band? I think it's going to be awsome. Just because I say think does not mean I know, I'm just riding on common judgement, and mine is tremo, brian, flip and this new singer could spawn something awsome. Lighten up people, just because it's not going to have the beloved stapp in it does not mean it's going to be horrible. I can't stress that enough, ever!!!!
__________________
roppa loo fly!!!!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 09:33 PM   #48
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
Dogstar's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Young Grown Old
Posts: 21,780
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
You can chill, too, musicmind ...Maybe some people are still having trouble with the break Creed are taking and in time, they might find enthusiasm for the new projects. Some people need more time than others. I'm looking forward to whatever they do because they're still sticking with music .
__________________
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they make a club and beat their brother down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 09:41 PM   #49
Wylde-Tremonti
Wylde-Tremonti's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Said Eyes
Posts: 4,357
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
i think when material is released everyone is gonna love the new band.... i personally dont know if i'm gonna like stapp's project... unless he gets some good guitars... it might now be my thing..... lol... i'm a guitar nut through and through!!
__________________
NOT OF THIS WORLD
"See to it that no-one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ." Colossians 2:8
My Solo Project's Myspace: Tongues Of Fire

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 09:48 PM   #50
creedsister
creedsister's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 8,338
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr)
__________________
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 09:57 PM   #51
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Status: Misconception
Posts: 121
Joined: May 2003
Currently: Offline
You're right creedlvr, no one knows for sure, just making assumptions.

Musicmind, I just love your posts, you are so into the music and that's cool.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 10:06 PM   #52
Higher_Desire
Higher_Desire's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Found Peace
Posts: 8,723
Joined: Apr 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) What is up with these stapp nut? Seriously, I'm not a stapp nut, I'm a creed nut. Which quite blutly means that look to whats best for CREED, not stapp. Altough stapp is a core of creed I hope he has much sucsess with his project also.

Am I aside from like 5 other people the only people here very optumistic about this new band? I think it's going to be awsome. Just because I say think does not mean I know, I'm just riding on common judgement, and mine is tremo, brian, flip and this new singer could spawn something awsome. Lighten up people, just because it's not going to have the beloved stapp in it does not mean it's going to be horrible. I can't stress that enough, ever!!!!

I'm definetly optimistic on the new band like you are. I'm excited to see what they're like, but to me, Creed hasn't quite been the same since Brian Marshall ceased to be a member. Hey, how's this for a band-name... "A Stappless Creed."


H-D
__________________

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late


--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 10:13 PM   #53
creedlvr
creedlvr's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Blue Collar
Posts: 706
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
Okay ... I *think* I can understand what you just wrote.

Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) What is up with these stapp nut?
You say that like we're freaks or something! Yes .. I am a Stapp supporter. Is there something wrong with that? No one seems to mind when Mark is being praised but when it comes to Scott, there always seems to be someone who has a problem with it or is ready to knock him. I think the guy has taken quite a beating from a lot of people ... some of it is just purely speculation and is not justified. That's why I defend him.
Quote: Seriously, I'm not a stapp nut,
Really?? I would have never guessed.
Quote: I'm a creed nut. Which quite blutly means that look to whats best for CREED, not stapp. Altough stapp is a core of creed I hope he has much sucsess with his project also.
I am thinking of what's best for Creed ... and the way I see it ... that means to stay together. They each give a little bit that makes them awsome all together. Yes ... I am one of those that need more time to adjust to this and quite frankly, I doubt I ever will. The only thing that will make me feel better is to see them back together.

Quote: Am I aside from like 5 other people the only people here very optumistic about this new band? I think it's going to be awsome. Just because I say think does not mean I know, I'm just riding on common judgement, and mine is tremo, brian, flip and this new singer could spawn something awsome.
Not everyone has to be excited about this. It just seems like it's less likely for Creed to reunite if they are successful on their own. As Dogstar pointed out, it is possible that this will not be the case and I truly hope that she's right. That's what I will continue to hope for.
Quote: Lighten up people, just because it's not going to have the beloved stapp in it does not mean it's going to be horrible. I can't stress that enough, ever!!!!
The "beloved" Stapp ... that is another example of your sarcasm towards him.

I wonder how the Tremonti supporters would feel if the new band was Stapp, Flip and Brian. While all the while, there is some word of Tremonti going solo but really not too much info about it has been disclosed. Now add to that the fact that everyone seems to be coming down pretty hard on him.

I'm just saying that, like you, we "Stapp nuts" as you've called us, have a right not to be excited about a band that is basically Creed minus one main person. I don't think we should be called nuts because of it.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 10:15 PM   #54
creedlvr
creedlvr's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Blue Collar
Posts: 706
Joined: Dec 2002
Currently: Offline
Quote: Hey, how's this for a band-name... "A Stappless Creed."
This is what I'm talking about!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:41 PM   #55
JenRN
JenRN's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Tree of Wisdom
Posts: 7,738
Joined: Oct 2002
Currently: Offline
I am looking forward to ANYTHING put out by the guys formally known as CREED, whether it be a kick ass band by Mark and the guys (anything by them would kick ass) or a solo career from Scott. I do agree with Creedlvr though a lots of people are so eager to jump down Stapp's neck, it gets old really. The guy really has gotten the shit end of the stick from lots of people. I am not saying he has done no wrong by any means, BUT I think people should not be so damn critical of him. From fans to smart ass DJ's, you don't know what it is like for anyone until you "walk in thier shoes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"I don't want to know emptiness, take me down to the water wanna be baptized in your love far away from the lonliness, take my heart and wash away the fear let me be baptized in your love"

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:45 PM   #56
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
So true, Jen.

Thanks for that update, it's good to know what the guys are up to. And exciting news! The singer sounds awesome and I'm just dying to hear what he sounds like! This is getting more exciting and less sadning, of course I am still so so sad about Creed, but, there is a good side to bad news! This band is gonna rock!!!!!!!
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 12:04 AM   #57
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Status: Broken Dream
Posts: 164
Joined: Oct 2003
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Okay ... I *think* I can understand what you just wrote.


You say that like we're freaks or something! Yes .. I am a Stapp supporter. Is there something wrong with that? No one seems to mind when Mark is being praised but when it comes to Scott, there always seems to be someone who has a problem with it or is ready to knock him. I think the guy has taken quite a beating from a lot of people ... some of it is just purely speculation and is not justified. That's why I defend him.
Really?? I would have never guessed. I am thinking of what's best for Creed ... and the way I see it ... that means to stay together. They each give a little bit that makes them awsome all together. Yes ... I am one of those that need more time to adjust to this and quite frankly, I doubt I ever will. The only thing that will make me feel better is to see them back together.

Not everyone has to be excited about this. It just seems like it's less likely for Creed to reunite if they are successful on their own. As Dogstar pointed out, it is possible that this will not be the case and I truly hope that she's right. That's what I will continue to hope for. The "beloved" Stapp ... that is another example of your sarcasm towards him.

I wonder how the Tremonti supporters would feel if the new band was Stapp, Flip and Brian. While all the while, there is some word of Tremonti going solo but really not too much info about it has been disclosed. Now add to that the fact that everyone seems to be coming down pretty hard on him.

I'm just saying that, like you, we "Stapp nuts" as you've called us, have a right not to be excited about a band that is basically Creed minus one main person. I don't think we should be called nuts because of it.

I'm not saying your a freak, I'm just saying that you talk like just because stapp will not be present, this totally means that it's NOT going to be good or nothing good can come from this. I do support stapp, but I support flip and mark somewhat more because just like stapp they have contributed as much if not more on a musical level. And the reason I say that is because I play guitar and bass and know what effort has to go in as well in addition to lyrics and singing.

I'm not syaing "everybody HAS to be excited over this", because they don't. You can feel however the hell you want, but I'm saying people could be a little more optimistic.

I actully doubt brian and stapp would be in the same band together, just refere almost four year ago when brian told a radio station that vedder wishes he could sing or write like stapp. That kind of a comment, after countless time of being accused as a "vedder rip off" I would still remain sour to the person and would rather not associate myself with. And with a total tremonti solo album I would be just as stoked. Are you implying that people are coming hard on stapp because he's going to solo as oppsed to what he's done over the years?
__________________
roppa loo fly!!!!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 12:10 AM   #58
hayley
hayley's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: Fields of Time
Posts: 14,679
Joined: Sep 2002
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
If anyone thought that, then they would be idiots, he's got the power, and he's got the strength, Stapp can do anything, including a solo album.
__________________
'See the world in Green and Blue
Aotearoa right in front of you.
See the land of the long white cloud
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:29 AM   #59
hide
USER INFO »
Status: INK'ed
Posts: 919
Joined: Feb 2003
Currently: Offline
i'm getting more and more exited about this band, I wasen't too keen on the idea at the first but i'm warming too it. This new singer sounds fantastic and I think Mark's songwriting will only continue to improve. Stapp's album I think will be a lot more different then Creed, more softer i've said it before but if its anything like Eurphoria Morning I would be stoked.
__________________
come on all you PJ loving Creeders come and look and also post at the busiest and funniest board around (excluding here of course LOL) http://forums.pearljam.com
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 03:50 AM   #60
Creed_Defaultgirl
Creed_Defaultgirl's Avatar
USER INFO »
Status: INK'ed
Posts: 903
Joined: Nov 2003
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman) I'm with... OOOOOOOHHHH... DREAM ON girl !!!

No, really, I just talked to Mark today. He said I'm gonna meet him in a week for our first practice!
__________________
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Reply With Quote
Post Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BENDAS (my Band) Wylde-Tremonti Music Matters 9 09-11-2004 07:54 PM
latest update from Michael aussiecreeder Creed Talk 17 05-20-2004 11:24 AM
NEW new Band update! Echelon122 Creed Talk 91 04-15-2004 04:53 AM
Marks new band? musicmind226 Creed Talk 239 04-12-2004 08:32 PM
Michael, give us an update! Bridge of Clay Creed Talk 69 01-19-2004 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Steve Caponetto. All Rights Reserved.